Spot found on my left kidney
I recently had a CT scan and they found a 2 cintemeter spot on my left kidney, The reason for the test was pain i was having in my lower right side and lower left, like a pulled muscle feeling that lasted for several months and hasnt gone away. Well now they are sending me to a doc in St louis for a biopsy. Iam scared to death this is all i know, Can u inform me on more of what is going to happen. I still have the pain only when i turn over at night are on my feet a long time it feels like my guts are going to fall out. seriously. Can u help
I was going over the forum and noted that I had not addressed your question. You may well have had your procedure by now.
I doubt that your pain is from the kidney. If there is to be a biopsy (and this is not done frequently for this type of problem) then the physician will most likely anesthetize an area in your back/side over the kidney with an injection of medicine such as you would get at the dentist's office and then introduce a biopsy needle while using x-ray or ultrasound to guide the needle to the proper spot and take a sample of the tissue. The major immediate concern will be bleeding from the kidney. Afterwards you will most likely be advised to take it easy for a few days while the pathologist examines the tissue in an attempt to establish a diagnosis.
Hope that everything works out well for you.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
i have the same axactly problem pain lower abdomen quatron it is been over 2 months.
i had ct scan exept a cyst 2cm every think is  okey.
i also have a hydrocell.
two weeks i have endoscpy and colonoscopy normal.
dr said to me dont work to hard.
hurts when i mop the floor  exercise anythink  ido and put pressure on.
i saw urologist  infllamed prostat  taking sippro he said may be the pain is coming from there.
i am about to go to nayo clinic and my insur. wont pay  the check up.
would you please adress my problem
thank you.
ps
i am diabetic have burning feet also have  DISH  diffuse  sceletal hyperostosis.
if it is any help
A related discussion, Kidney Spot was started.