Urology Expert Forum
Spot found on my left kidney

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Spot found on my left kidney

I recently had a CT scan and they found a 2 cintemeter spot on my left kidney, The reason for the test was pain i was having in my lower right side and lower left, like a pulled muscle feeling that lasted for several months and hasnt gone away. Well now they are sending me to a doc in St louis for a biopsy. Iam scared to death this is all i know, Can u inform me on more of what is going to happen. I still have the pain only when i turn over at night are on my feet a long time it feels like my guts are going to fall out. seriously. Can u help
Tags: spots
I was going over the forum and noted that I had not addressed your question. You may well have had your procedure by now.
I doubt that your pain is from the kidney. If there is to be a biopsy (and this is not done frequently for this type of problem) then the physician will most likely anesthetize an area in your back/side over the kidney with an injection of medicine such as you would get at the dentist's office and then introduce a biopsy needle while using x-ray or ultrasound to guide the needle to the proper spot and take a sample of the tissue. The major immediate concern will be bleeding from the kidney. Afterwards you will most likely be advised to take it easy for a few days while the pathologist examines the tissue in an attempt to establish a diagnosis.
Hope that everything works out well for you.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
i have the same axactly problem pain lower abdomen quatron it is been over 2 months.
i had ct scan exept a cyst 2cm every think is  okey.
i also have a hydrocell.
two weeks i have endoscpy and colonoscopy normal.
dr said to me dont work to hard.
hurts when i mop the floor  exercise anythink  ido and put pressure on.
i saw urologist  infllamed prostat  taking sippro he said may be the pain is coming from there.
i am about to go to nayo clinic and my insur. wont pay  the check up.
would you please adress my problem
thank you.
ps
i am diabetic have burning feet also have  DISH  diffuse  sceletal hyperostosis.
if it is any help
A related discussion, Kidney Spot was started.