Urology Community
Stopped smoking now testicles hurt

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Stopped smoking now testicles hurt

Hi there,

I have 2 questions:

Firstly i have recently given up smoking and have discovered the many benefits of it. One of of which is an increased sex drive and lots more ( and enjoyable) masturbation sessions. The problem is that i my balls hurt afterwards and i can be quite painful, any ideas why? this also occurs sometimes when i'm in need to!

The second issue i consider to be far more serious- i am currently 22 and cannot bring my self to climax in sex and have only done so a handful of times. I have been smoking reasonably heavily for about 5 years and am sure it has been to do with this! i could be having sex for an hour and nothing happens. The girl i am with at the time considers this stud like. I consider it embarrassing and alarming.....can you please help .

Nick
- I should also say that i don't *** a lot when i masturbate. this only occurs either or if it's really enjoyable or i haven't done it for while ~( maybe a influencing factor)

- can reach climax easily through masturbation

thanks
Hey Nick!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possible causes of pain in the testicles include trauma, infections, inflammations etc.  Ejaculatory dysfunction could develop in young adults due to a variety of causes. Psychological stress, performance anxiety, depression, neurogenic disorders peyronie's disease, body image issues, medications, alcohol, smoking, drugs/medications, hormonal imbalance, radiation therapy, kidney failure, metabolic disorders, multiple sclerosis, hypertension, diabetes, prostatitis, urethritis etc. just to name a few. Anxiety and stress play an important role in the development of erectile dysfunction; and is the most common possible cause. You could try being relaxed and working on the psychological factors. It might also be beneficial to get rid of factors like smoking/ alcohol/ drugs, if involved. In case this doesn’t work; I would suggest seeing a primary care physician or a urologist for an evaluation of the above mentioned causes and appropriate specific treatment.
Hope this helps.

Take care!