Urology Community
Sudsy Urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Sudsy Urine

Why is my urine sudsy?
Hi there,
“Sudsy” often indicates proteinuria.  Urinary tract infections (UTIs) and retrograde ejaculation are commonest causes of this condition.  
During sexual arousal the prostate gland manufactures fluid that accounts for about 2/3 of the volume of ejaculate.  The seminal vesicles are paired structures located behind the prostate gland that also manufacture fluid.  Sperm from the testicles (which account for only 1-2% of the semen) travel up a series of tubes (epididymis and vas deferens) on each side to join the seminal vesicles forming the paired ejaculatory ducts.  These structures empty into the prostatic portion of the urethra.  At the time of ejaculation, prostatic fluid is discharged into the urethra (urinary canal) where it mixes with discharge from the ejaculatory ducts forming the semen.  The semen volume is in the 2-6 cc range.   It is not uncommon for inflammation and/or infection to spread in a retrograde manner into the vas and epididymis.  Too frequent or too infrequent ejaculation, sexual arousal without ejaculation, withdraw at the time of ejaculation, aggressive bike or horse back riding, and excessive spicy foods, alcohol, and caffeine in the diet can predispose you to this.  
UTI usually precipitate with increased frequency, urgency, and burning sensation during urination.
If you have any further queries do get in touch with me.
Regards,
Dr Sylvester, MD
I had kidney remove with 6cm cancerous tumor in 2005, In 2008 had mammogtam done found 3, lymp node around 2-3 cm under both arm pit awaiting biospy, mean while urine is sudsy  with left flank pain and lower back pain, hurt to walk , hurt to touch, and hurt to lay on . Is this an uti or something else. please just hazard a guess
i have had an operation that causes retrograde ejaculation. the more i masterbate the more i have a burning sensation in my testicals. i have had a culture and they say i have no infection, but i think i do
Any thoughts