Urology Expert Forum
Tingle in Penis when sitting/ Numbness

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Tingle in Penis when sitting/ Numbness

Hi Doctor,

I am a 26 yr old male and recently posted this question in the STD forum but was told that due to the type of sexual experience I had I was not at risk for a STD so I thought it would be prudent to come here.  I hope you can help.  To briefly recap about 2 weeks ago my girlfriend and I broke up.  That night, July 10th a girl that I had just met and I "hooked up."  She was naked, and I kept my boxers on the entire time.  While laying on top of me she vigorously rubbed her vagina on my penis (through my boxers) for a couple hours as we made out on the bed.  Since then, at first I noticed that the base of my penis (below the testicles) was sore and I would constantly rub it and constantly check for disharge in my shaft but did not have any.  After about 7 days I noticed that often times when I sit down (especially sitting on my tail bone and leaning back or leaning forward) I get this strange tingling sensation in the head and shaft of my penis and my penis almost feels "cold" or colder than normal and slightly numb (discomfort at base of penis under the testicles is mostly now gone).  I have also noticed that i have not been getting erect very often (no "morning wood").  My girlfriend and I have since gotten back together and only had sex twice (mostly my fault as I was afraid I had a STD) but even when around her I noticed I do not get erect like i used to.  I am quite sure that the erectile problems are caused by me worrying, but the tingling throughout the penis and the cold/numbness feeling are real.  Any thoughts on this?  Nerve damage or something like that from rough grinding - is that possible?  No pain when urinating or anything like that.  No discharge.  My testicles are slightly red and irritated but nothing major. I did have night sweats the other night but I keep going to bed extremely worried.  Can't get in to see my Urologist until Aug 14 so hoping you can help.  Thank you for your time!
Your symptoms do not sound to be related to an STI but are most likely anxiety related. As you focus on the area all sensations take on new and scary importance. Certainly the grinding may have caused some local irritation but that resolves fairly quickly (several days). Also, the constant checking of your genitals can be irritating. As you stated, you are at low risk for having contracted an STI.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
Hello Doctor. Have you by chance had an opportunity to look at this yet?  Thanks again in advance for your help.
Also I should note that the tinglng has stopped but the preassure/uncomfortable feelng still occasionally is present when I am sitting or if I wear tight clothes (I.east might played soccer and had tight shorts on causing slight discomfort).
The tingling sensation is back in the shaft and tip and base of testicles (on and off) and again is present mostly when sitting (more frequent when leaning back in a chair). Not as bad as before but definitely still present....
And hopefully this is the last update.  I hadn't had sex or masturbated for over a week (due to the uncomfortable tingly sensation and worries about exposure to my GF) and just recently masturbated.  I noticed that my sperm for the most part looked normal, but there was some yellow "clumps"  They weren't super hard, but more had the consistency of rice pudding.  Looking online that appears to be a result of not ejaculating frequently, but just wanted to toss that in as another strange symptom I have never had before.  No pain with the ejaculation at all though but tingly testicles still persist.  Thanks again Doctor, I really am looking forward to a response to all of these questions.
Sorry, that last post was inaccurate.  I realized I did masturbate last Saturday (3 days ago).  At that time didn't look at semen so not sure if it had the thick consistency i described above or not.  Not sure if that would matter.  Again, I do apologize for adding so much to this thread in a non cohesive manner and I hope it is still clear.  Thanks again.
Hu Dr. Liroff,

thanks for the reply. While I definitely think anxiety has played a major role, I do still have a dull ache in the groin area. Usually when sitting, and in the pereneium (not sure how to spell it). Also, my scrotum is definitely red and the hair follicles seam to be slightly raised and whitish.  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
A related discussion, possible sti? was started.