URINE SMELLS
ITS BEEN A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND I DONT KNOW WHY...MY URINE HAD GAINED A WEIRD SMELL ITS A STRONG AND HORRIBLE SMELL ....WHAT CAN IT BE I BEEN EATING GOOD EXECISE AND EVERTHINK I DRINK WATER MOST OF THE TIME ...BUT IT STILL SMELL SHOULD I BE WORRIED AND GO SEE MY DOCTOR
Have you been eating any asparagus?  Some people, myself included, have a strong urine smell a while after eating asparagus.  If not, check with your doctor for a urinalysis.
Some of the causes of foul smelling urine can be:

Diet: coffee, asparagus
Infection: bladder, prostate or any where along the urinary tract
Dehydration: concentrated urine has a strong smell
Diabetes: has a fruity odor in ketoacidosis

One of the common causes is infection which can be diagnosed and treated easily by your doctor. You should visit your doctor for a urine examination and evaluation to find out the exact cause and treatment for the foul smell.

Take care and do write in if you need more information.

Regards

For the last few weeks my urine has smelled so bad that I am ashamed for anyone to follow behind me in the bathroom.  It is very cloudy and smells like a cross between rotten eggs and amonia.  I have a little right flank pain and no other symptoms such as fever.  I did notice that it it became prominent after having sex with my husband.  We don't hve sex very often since we both are a two different schedules for work and he has a very bad hip.  What could it be.

Toni
Toni I've same problem wit urine what is it????
I had a similar problem and it was kidney cancer. I had surgery and all is well now. Have a CT done of your kidneys. If they catch it early its curable.