Urology Community
UTI should I go to ER?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

UTI should I go to ER?

I am pretty sure I have a UTI, I have lot of fullness in my lower abdomen, it went from burning while peeing to feeling burning all the time pretty much, always having the urge to pee, kinda some red in urine once in a while, now bad cramps, chills. I just got chills about a two hours ago and bad cramps an hour ago. It came out of no where and it's not going away...should I go to the er or wait until tomorrow and hope for an appointment with the gyno?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
From the symptoms it can be UTI( urinary tract infection). To diagnose a UTI please get a complete urine examination and urine culture done. You may also need a complete physical examination and investigations like complete urine examination, urine culture, swab specimen from the genitalia and ultrasound lower abdomen to find out the cause. Please consult a urologist for that.

To tackle with this burning sensation, take abundant fluids throughout the day and some anti-inflammatory pain killers. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

What is your temperature?
Avatar_dr_m_tn

Yes I think the ER is the right thing. They need to rule out pylenephritis and sepsis
My temperature is 99.5

Thanks for the answers. I doubt I can get to a urologist any time soon but I will be looking into it. Would the ER be willing to do these tests if I explain my symptoms?
I think they would. The health system is different in the states though. Temperature is just on the top end of normal. Blood is a concern as it can be indicative of kidney problems. Let me know and if you have any more questions I will do my best. I am in for surgery in 11 hours though. Take care x
How are you going? Did you get to the ER?
sounds like UTI to me, better gets some antibiotics to stop that infection ASAP!
I went to my gynecologist and she prescribed me 3 days of bactrim. It has been a week since I started the meds and it still is burning a bit. They did a urine test and it was positive for a bladder infection. Since the meds didn't work well enough they prescribed me 7 days of levaquin but people in my family had bad side effects from it so I am not going to be taking it. I was told I need to see a urologist though, so I'm hoping I can get to one in the next few months.