Urology Community
Urge to Pee

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urge to Pee

I have recently had the urge to pee frequently.  It doesn't sting or anything but when I am done peeing, I get a little pain that feels like it is up in my bladder.  I feel the urge to pee about every half hour or so and when I do, it is only a small amount.  Please help!
Tags: irritable
Avatar_dr_f_tn

You have what is termed as irritative urinary symptoms as presented by increase in urinary frequency and pain in urination. Pain at the end of urination may suggest a lower  urinary tract infection. This may be a case of cystitis.

Just a few questions:

Have you had bouts of urinary tract infections before?

As this is relevant to your case, is there a significant sexual history?

Any other underlying systemic problems like diabetes?

I have never had a UTI before, nor anything like it before.  I am having sex with one person whom I have been for 7 months now.  No diabetes history either...
hi. I am having similar problems. at first it only occured when I was running. then I often had to pee. but now for the past years it happens to me in spite I´m not moving, I often pee every half hour and it is only a small amount. This is very frustrating because I can´t exercise without having the urge to pee. I have gone to see two doctors but nothing has made it better. I´ve taken pills, gone in surgery and tried to change my diet.. It doesn´t always hurt when I pee but it hurts sometimes. And after sex it sometimes hurts a lot.
hi, ive also had these symptoms of pain and so forth, but i usually feel like i have to go to the washroom when im on the bus or just working out at the gym etc and when i get off i feel fine and i can hold it in, on the bus etc it feels like there would be no way of holding it, its been going on for a while its really frustrating me, ive gone to the doctors everything seems to be fine, and nothing seems to be wrong but i feel as if i have to go all the time and nothing happens until i forget about it or my mind is busy with something else, but as soon as i get the urge i have to go, its really messing things up, and im tired of it also,

any suggestions.

any suggestions.
also, when im in places i dont feel comfortable, i feel as if i have to go, and wen i do
its either small amounts, or nothing.
what is wrong..