Urinating while sleeping
Someone I know drinks alcohol heavily and urinates while sleeping all the time. Some one told me his kidneys are failing. Should I be concered? Is this in fact that or is it something else. I have drank, but I always wake up when I have to go to the bathroom. I am really concerned with this and don't know how to make it stop. Can anyone help.

Urinating while sleeping or bed wetting is not a sign of kidney disease. The affected individual may have bladder disease or other systemic disorders which may have reduced his/her bladder sensation.

Alcohol numbs and suppresses most natural reflexes and dulls perceptions.

Someone who drinks heavily may not be able to perceive that their bladder is full and the body would let the bladder void irrespective of location once the limit of bladder filling has been reached.

Encouraging the individual to pass urine before going to bed is one way of dealing with it.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress
This never use to happen and now it seems to happen all the time. I do try to encourage passing urine before bed, I was just worried that since this had not happened before that something was shutting down or somthing had happened.

It is evident the amount of alcohol that is being taken that is not waking him up to go to the bathroom.  How sad.

Thank you for your time. Noone had written back and I was quite worried.

Does he also wake up with a hangover?

You will need to get him help if the alcohol is affecting his sensibilities.
This could be a sign of serious addiction and needs attention at the earliest.

Even though his kidneys may not be affected now, they will be affected sooner or later with the damage caused by alcohol and dehydration.

He can also develop liver damage, which is very painful and difficult to treat in alcoholics.

Seek support for your efforts as it is impossible to fight addiction alone.

Regards