Urology Community
Urology questions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urology questions

I am a healthy 20 year old male, last year i came down with a urinary tract infection, and then had trouble urinating. it was some sort of blockage. After seeing a few doctors and urologists, ultrasound and ivp, they found nothing more than my right kidney out of place, down lower than normal and turned. I was also told i have a very mild epispadis of the penis. Are these related? also calcium oxylate was in my urine, what i believe are kidney stones, could they have caused the infection and the blockage of urine? last test i saw the nurse sense the urologist was away and didnt get a solid answer
thanks john
Avatar_dr_f_tn

The epispadia and the kidney problem may be related as they may have been present when you were still a child. These are examples of congenital problems or anatomical problems that may be present since birth. The kidney stones may be secondary to the anatomical problem concerning your kidneys. I suggest that you be referred to a nephrologist for a complete assessment of your kidney function. You should ask your urologist what the management for the condition will be and if this requires at some point surgical management.

Drink plenty of water and exercise well. It is important that you have this followed up.
yeah the urologist believed from the ivp that everything is working well simply a misplacement of the kidney, stones may just be unrelated