Urology Community
blood in urine- again

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

blood in urine- again

Three times this year I have had blood and wbc show up in urinalysis.  On Cipro for the 2nd time.  At this time should I see a urologist?  All urine tests have been done at walk - in clinic.  What does it mean when this happens multiple times.  worried, of course, that it is something serious.  thanks.
It may just be an infection.Theres a thing in your kidney called the glomerolus(ive spelled it wrong as its a long time since i worked in healthcare)But this thing is like a Tea Strainer and allows the urine liquid through.However,if you have an infection it doesnt work properly and things like your bloodcells start to get through and blood appears in your urine.Dont take my word for it obviously,it may be sumthing else n always best to c a doc.
Blood in urine should not be taken lightly and should be evaluated properly. When the blood in the urine is at the beginning of urination, it most likely comes from the urethra, (the tube from the bladder to the outside). Blood throughout urination is most likely from the bladder or kidneys or ureters (the tubes connecting the kidneys and the bladder).

Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen. I suggest you to get an examination done from a urologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.