Urology Community
brownish semen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

brownish semen

The last two times I have ejaculated, about 90% of my semen has been brown. I'm not experiencing any pain, and I'm only 20. I'm currently not sexually active. What's going on?
     How are you? Brownish semen can occur due to infections especially in the prostrate, and also due to bleeding in the prostrate. It is due to a tear in one of the fragile veins of the prostate.  The prostate is the organ that produces the majority of the seminal fluid in response to sexual stimulation. When the prostate contracts at the time of ejaculation, a vein may tear and blood mixes with the semen (hematospermia). Red blood indicates new and dark (brownish) discoloration indicates previous bleeding.

Irritation of the gland (prostatitis) can also cause it to become inflamed and predisposed to bleed.  Some factors leading to inflammation include too frequent or too infrequent ejaculation, sexual arousal without ejaculation, withdraw at the time of ejaculation, excessive alcohol or spicy foods, prolonged sitting or bike riding, etc.

Also certain tumors of the prostrate can cause this. I would suggest that you visit a urologist for complete work up and further assistance in treatment.
Best.
I Have same problem, but i am 49, tks.larry4
Can you also tell me of some existing cures tks
the doctor gave you correct information and a trip to the urologist is probably a good thing to do, just to get things checked out... but here is my original response that I gave another poster on this board..

semen color and consistency will change from time to time.. although, usually brown colored semen is a sign of blood.. it is usually nothing to worry about. i will tell you this... even though you are not sexualy active, you still need to masturbate.. it is normal and it keeps the prostate from being congested. My semen was brown colored before too back about 10 years ago... it is ok.. my prostate was congested and that appears to be what is wrong with you as well... so big guy... get you some porn, or check out some photos of pretty ladies online and have at  it... have fun.. it will clear up.. have regular ejaculations 2 times a week... the semen will be as pearly white as it can be after 2 or 3 times of ejaculating. if you need anything, let me know.. best wishes tnman2
hi yea, just started  Brown  Semen Color 3rd time this week during sex,
I"m 30/years old... when will it go A away !! need Answer ASAP before I see A Doctor, ???????
I'm 45 and have a chronic back condition and I am taking 120mg of MST twice a day along with 100mg of amitriptyline. I'm also taking 10mg of oxycodone hydrochloride four times a day to try and control my pain. As you can imagine with that amount of drugs and the pain I have no sex drive whatsoever. I have no urges at all. Now out of the blue I had this incredible urgeand before I could get even undressed it was finished . The outcome was most unpleasant. Very dark brown and didn't smell too good either. If this is lack of use how do I overcome this with a total loss of libido.
I am 28 and very active sexually with my girlfriend. the other day we had sex twice and the second time noticed my semen was very brown. scared the both of us needless to say. not know how long it has been this way. sex usually occurs 3-4 times a week. I have no pain in my testicles or any pain to speak of. however would one of the following possibly be causing this. rockstar energy drinks, sleepy time sleep aids by equate. Otherwise, I have not suffered any trauma to that area in months and just was tested for hiv and stds and found to be clear of all..
dud,,,i discover just now...that my semen has a brown color,,but i didn't feel
any pain...i will try to ejaculate it again....
Well, I am 60 and it just happened to me for the very first time. Scared the heck out of me. Just in the seminal fluid and not in urine and no pain like everyone said. Glad I read this. Not as much sex as the younger guys these days and I do love my spicy foods.
I will let my Urologist know the next appointment. Hope it's just a small vein tear like the Dr said.
could coloring of medication cause the brownish color cause I was fine until I started taking some allergy medicine and I haven't been taking it as much now that my allergies are clearing up and the semen is coming out with hardly any brownish color
I had discovered deep brown simen two months back and I went to an Urologist and got myself checked. On physical examination he said found nothing in my testicles and told me it is not alarming. He asked me to get my simen analysed in a lab. Gave me some medicine and after taking the medicine I checked and found my sperm normal. But after few days again same problem. Why it is repeating ? Can't we have a permanent solution ? Yes one more thing, during these days I have noticed that my penis length is shrinking. Usually I use to have 4 inch in normal condition but now it is 2.5 inch. Very reluctant toward sex now. What is happening... doctor...?
Not interested in porn nor stimulation, and masterbation (masturbation) is a religious taboo.  Enough info to see at 74, and 20 for the matter with the young one we share seepage.  I've had urology at emergency when discovered and eventually cleared up, no spotting in underware; but concerned there may be a "****** in the wood pile" to raise hell later.  Prostrate cancer undetected, a cloud I guess we all are under.  I mean, there is baggage you get when older.
Hi Dr I am 64years old and want to know what can be worng my sperm is brown, I am using wafferin because I had 2 DVT in my legs, and I am not sexauly active
Omg im 12 and this happens every time I shove markers in my ***** to make me ***
just to let you know it started with me around the age of 36 and now im 60 and it did get darker and now its a very dark brown..the seaman is not as strong smelling as when i was 18 but still has the seaman smell lightly..at 1st i went to urologist and everything was normal and told me dont worry..it could be your medication,not having enoughh sex or to much sex,some foods im eating etc...so as long as it wasnt bothering me there was no reason to be concerned..it just came on one day and never went back to the pearl white..oh well,im getting older,shrinking and hardly no sex..when i was young i was way over active and now way under active..oh well..lifes a *****
Hi I'm 30 my demon is brown y is that
Hi my name is Asher I'm 29 years old and going out with a older girl called Jenny , we have been in a relationship about 9 years and she doesn't like the taste of my brown sperm , we have been having unprotected sex for many years , I first noticed the colouring of my sperm was brown when I had a  now my gf doesn't like the taste of it , is it because I had unprotected sex with them both? Never had this happen before and I dunno what else to do any help would be appreciated

Regards
Asher - Luton
Hi my name is Asher I'm 29 years old and going out with a older girl called Jenny , we have been in a relationship about 9 years and she doesn't like the taste of my brown sperm , we have been having unprotected sex for many years , my penis size seems to be shrinking as small as my nose , like my nose is getting bigger? I first noticed the colouring of my sperm when I shot my load in my gf and see it dripping out now my gf doesn't like the taste of it , is it because I had unprotected sex with them both? Never had this happen before and I dunno what else to do any help would be appreciated

Regards
Asher - Luton
Hi my name is Asher I'm 29 years old and going out with a older girl about 33 , we have been in a relationship about 9 years and she doesn't like the taste of my brown sperm , we have been having unprotected sex for many years also , my penis size seems to be shrinking as small as my nose , like my nose is getting bigger? I first noticed the colour of my sperm when I shot my load in my gf and see it dripping out now my gf doesn't like the taste of it , is it because I had unprotected sex with her? Never had this happen before and I dunno what else to do any help would be appreciated

Regards
Asher - UK