Urology Community
bump on tip of my penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

bump on tip of my penis

Hi, I'm 23 and sexually active, with my fiance. We both have slept only with eachother and I have just recently found what looks kinda like a blood blister on the tip of my penis right near the hole under the surface of the skin.  Upon erection it is prominent and feels more like a bump.  It is roughly 1/8" in dia. and an irregular shape.  It is light blue to purplish and doesn't hurt unless I touch it all the time then it gets irritated.  Just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

thanx
Tags: irritable
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Is the lesion itchy? Does it blanch or flattens when you press on it?

Have you currently manipulated the area or injured it ?

Any associated urinary symptoms like pain in urination and increase in urinary frequency?

For how long has this been present?

Do keep us posted.
Hi, It is not itchy and when i press on it it it doesn't flatten it feels like there is a tiny lump inside of it, kind of like a pimple feels.  Upon closer inspection its actually made of 2 or 3 small bumps clustered together.  Yet again roughly an 1/8" in cumulative size. I have not injured the area at all and I must admit I thought it was a pimple and attempted to pop it to no avail, but no change.   No increase in frequency and no real pain associated with urination.  It has been present less than a week.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This does not sound urgent. Avoid unnecessarily touching or manipulating the area. Observe the lesion and note if there are any changes in its appearance and character.The presence of pain, discharge and swelling may require immediate consult.

You may seek consult with a dermatologist or urologist for a baseline assessment. A urinalysis and urethral swab culture may rule out any underlying infections.
i just recently have the same thing happen to me, though im not sexually active with anyone. it seems to go along with the shape of the head of the penis, i havent quite found anything to be hard underneeth it. when one has a blood blister on the head of a penis is it bad to have erections or go work for half an hour of intenst excersiser? is there an estimated length one would have to live with it there?does this also mean that one shouldnt climax when having a blood blister thats about 3/4in - 1inch long and about 1cm wide?