can the urethra be hurt from masturbation?
I am 40 and have masturbated since I was a young teenager (bad habbit), I think it is catching up with me though because, now after I masturbate, during the course of the day when I urinate I have a burning sensation that lasts for a few minutes, I have no discharge, If I refrain from masturbating for about a week the sensation goes away so, I'm wondering if the urethra is being ajitated during masterbation. Thanks for your help

Most urethral injuries occur in men. Common causes include pelvic fractures and straddle injuries. Rarely, urethral injuries can be self-inflicted when a person inserts a foreign object directly into the urethra. However, some injuries to the urethra are limited to bruising. Injury to the urethra can also tear the lining, resulting in leakage of urine into the tissues of the penis, scrotum, abdominal wall, or perineum.The most common symptoms include blood at the tip of the penis in men or the urethral opening in women, blood in the urine, an inability to urinate, and pain during urination.

Complications that can result from urethral injuries include infection, bleeding, permanent narrowing , erectile dysfunction, and uncontrollable loss of urine.
The diagnosis of a urethral injury is usually confirmed by retrograde urography, an x-ray taken after a radiopaque dye is instilled directly into the end of the urethra. At this point refrain from too much force. If it persists, it would be best to have this evaluated by your doctor or be referred to a urologist to rule out other causes.

Take care and regards.

Take care and regards.
Interesting but what is the answer to the above question?  "can the urethra be hurt from masturbation?"

Unless the masturbation is quite aggressive I don't see how the urethra can be injured.  A burning sensation is more likely to be due to prostatitis or urethritis unrelated to the masturbation.  Some people stick things down their penises and depending on the object and the circumstances, that could cause some urethral irritation.
I am 45 and have masterbated since I was 14. I am not a medical professional. I was wondering myself if my masturbation habits could be a factor in the development of my urethral stricture and I guess at this point in my life, it's worth stopping masturbation to find out if the pain caused by urethral stricture ceases. I shall repost the results.
Dr how of me my urethra opening has enlarged (there is no pain) and am convinced its caused by me masturbeting it has really widened to an extent that its almost passing the lining well I was circumcised (a year and some 5  months back)  and am wondering if it can be restored to its normmal size and how? And if am not headed for any further complexities