Urology Community
i feel like i need to urinate but dont have to

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Viewing 201-220 comments:
Learn how to spell. You have 2 kids. It isn't good when a parent has the spelling of a 3 year old
I have read your comment on the forum and would appreciate your advice, i have been suffering with the constant urge to urinate for the past week and its becoming unmanagable i cant concentrate and a lot of the time i cant sleep, i have been given anitbiotics from a phramacy fpr cystitis 2 days ago but i am still suffering from the urge to urinate, how long do these antibiotics take to work? and is there anything i can do to relieve this urge?
many thanks
I had the symptoms some of you have had, going on for a month - constantly needing to wee (pressure in bladder)  that was keeping me up all night sometimes, going 30+ times a day, my life ruled by the feeling of needing to urinate. I thought it was an infection or stress (though no stinging/burning). I was getting really thirsty and weeing loads. Then my daughter (8), who had no idea about my condition, said she felt like she needed the toilet again as soon as she'd just gone. So I looked at external factors.
Turns out we are both sensitive to the blue specks in the washing powder! I'd got a new sort a month ago (non bio but flecked with blue) and when I went back to our old stuff, and rewashed all our underwear, the feeling went away. I was SOOOO relieved. Just wanted to share my solution as it's so simple and I hope someone else can have that weight off their mind (bladder!) lifted as I have. Blue toilet paper and shower gels etc can irritate in the same way according to an IC website.
Sorry to hear about your problem. What did doctor said?
I don't know if this thread is still active, but here goes.
I had what my doc called a mild uti about 5 weeks ago.. He gave me a 3 day course of antibiotics which didn't work and I ended up with a kidney infection.. After a week on another antibiotic all symptoms went away. Last week all symptoms gave back apart from the burning but the doc did a dip test and it was clear, but as he could see I was in a lot of pain and recent infections he put me on a course of a different antibiotics.(Seem to be getting meds but no answers.
Pain in back is getting worse and the bladder pressure really is bad I find its worse when I'm sitting down. Its really starting to have an impact on daily life and I'm fed up of being in agony all the time.. Can anyone help? (I'm a 29yr old female)
I was wondering if I could get some of that information on IC? It would be very helpful!
Hi everyone. I have this condition right now, and saw a doctor today. She identified it as a bladder infection and provided me with some medication (trimethoprim pills to be taken once a day, and Ural which needs to be diluted in water and drunk every four hours).

Here are some instructions from the doctor:
1) wipe from front to back after urinating, or bacteria from feces could pass up to the vaginal area.
2) if sexually active, it is vital to pee straight after, before falling asleep.
3) drink lots of water to flush out as much bacteria as possible, naturally.
4) urinate as soon as you feel the urge to; don't hold off for more than 30 minutes. (This is for even after the bladder infection is gone).

Here are some things that I did over the week that I've had great discomfort:
1) I placed a heat pack on my lower tummy or inbetween my thighs, which seemed to help me stay seated without needing to jump up and run to the toilet every 5 seconds.
2) I didn't have sex.
3) when seated, I'd sit with my back touching the back of the seat. I could sit pretty comfortably until I felt the need to pee (as in, when I really needed to pee) which was probably once every hour.
4) I'd sleep as much as I possibly could. Lying down seemed to make things better
5) I'd use a diaper for during sleep, just in case I suddenly peed again. I have a baby sister, and so I just cut up the sticky bits off the diaper and placed it as I would a sanitary pad.
6) I avoided standing up for long periods of time.

I hope all this helped! If you're freaking out like I was, please go check it out now, or it really could get a lot worse.
I have the same problem. I have recently come home and pee'd my pants uncontrollably. Only just today I have noticed that now when I feel like I need to pee I go to the toilet and nothing comes out or only a little bit. I then go back and lie or sit down and it's very uncomfortable and I have a big urge to pee like my bladder is full but I don't know? It does have a burning feeling but I feel I can't do anything.
Hi, looking on this website for desperation. My daughter is 11 and now has this constant feeling of needing a wee and a low pain in her tummy. Went to the doctors they gave her blood test and ultrasound which were both clear. Has this problem gone with your little boy now?
Can anybody please help?
So, I am having the same issues as all of you and this started sudden last night.  I went to the store and bought AZO's and drank a lot of water and it seems to be working thankfully.  I hope this goes away soon, because it is very discomforting.  I just bought the standard AZO and which will turn your pee a weird orange color.  The discomforting pain I was getting was unable to urinate and a little bit would come out and a little blood.  Also, feeling like I had to go every 2 minutes and being uncomfortable while trying to urinate.  I hope my remedy helps me, and helps you.  
All I can say having had a enlarged prostate,and a operation to make a bigger openning is,google urinary Atony and read some of those sites lots of things can make you have those symptoms
some Antidepressant and other drugs can cause urinary retetion it's a good idea to check what the effects of drugs have if your on drugs.
I have been having these odd sensations under my scrotom for the last 3 days... I thought it was just because I havent had sex for 2 weeks, which was not normal for me... not even masturbating.

Just yesterday, I had a sensation I wanted to pee, then when I got to the toilet, the urine stream wont start... I then forced it... then blood started to drip which concerned me.

I got home and tried to jerk off and see if blood would still be there... good thing it disappeared although the odd sensations come back from time to time... and cause for alarm here?

i have the same proplem but im only 12 what should i do
Suicide is the only thing that I think about day to day as I went to doctors and specialist etc you name it, let doctors put their fingers up my bum just to say "your normal".
     Truth is I am NOT normal, It started when I was around 18 years old, I'm in my friends car and i MAKE  them pull off to the side so I can urinate, when I unzip NOTHING (1st time really confused me) after slowly realizing the transformation my left testicle as i felt throbbing and PAINT as it grew and twisted in my sac, for 1 day I pee'd blood, I slept in a feedle position as I lay in pain trying to sleep for over 1 year.
     I made attempts to kill myself in the past thinking my left nut will EXPLODE.. "yea immagin living with that feeling for over 2 years" I put my pride away and seek help in every direction BUT  i cannot go out no more ( I gave up on living now, can't live like this no more) so what I'm kind of asking at the age of 25 now is, what do I do before I kill myself ?
     Situation now is I don't go out, quit smoking cigarettes / drinking beer / staying up late / eating healthy and I don't go outside, when im in my house I don't feel the urgent need to urinate it only happends when im outside, a friends house, or anywhere other than home" I cannot work or support myself ANY longer without money, can someone please help or point me in the right direction ?
I have the same problem . When  I need to pee a tiny bit will come out then it will stop and I will feel a heavy feeling in my bladder and a little burning sensation and feel like I need to push it out but nothing comes out. It hurts and after I leave the bathroom and sit down I feel the urge to pee again so it's really annoying me. The worst thing is I'm only a 12 year old girl and I'm very embarrassed to tell anyone! Please please someone help :'(
i am having the same problem i feel like i got to pee but when i do  barely anything comes out and when im done i still feel like i have to go pee i am losing sleep over this  if i need to see a doctor what will the doctor do plesase somebody i am 15 and this really bugs me some one help
i have the same problem to i need to tell you when i have the urge to pee barely anything comes out and when im done i still feel like i need to peee if i seee a doctor what will the doctor say any answers??????
i am only 15 and i am a boy :(
:( please someone tell me what to do to make it go away:(
You have to see a doctor. You might have an Infection, or something worse. I have one right now, my parents won't take me to the doctors. But what WILL help is if you can't go to the doctors until like 3-Idk how many days, try drinking ALOT of water, Cranberry Juice (I do Ocean Spray, its a company) and try eating less at dinner.  Hope this helped. But, it practically happens to about everyone. I am a HighSchooler, (Last Year) and, it is painful. Sitting a the desk and it makes you feel grumpy. Ergh.
*FACT*: DO NOT PUT PRESSURE ON IT. It will just make the feeling of needing to use the bathroom MUCH worse. Trust me. I tried it.
~Gabbi-Marrieynne Phrannchessica Balittittimoore. (Yes. It is my name. NO it isn't fake. I'm French.)
I found your post about have IC and think it may be what I have. I don't have a UTI but I have been to the er for a bladder infection (kicked me on my butt may I add). Since then it seems that it is happening more often, the urge to pee anytime I sit and forget bedtime. I am miserable and would love to read the links that you offered on March 3, 2009.

Thanks for your time and any info!!!
since december 2012  i been living with sensation to urinate at all time or most of the time i have the sentation right on the tip of my penis at most time but i also have other problems along with sensation to urinate  

-bladder fell always full but isnt
-after i take a poop urge becomes incontrollable having the urge to take a pissed 2 to 3 times after an done defecating in less than half hour with no fluid intake  
-when i have low fluid on me urine comes out in two streams often crossing over each other (never happen to me before urge started)
-only able to sleep 5 to 6 hours without waking up to pist
-bladder gets full quicker than before
-penis tip is very dry an feel cracked and has lost it color
-my erejection hurt a bit but not that bad(able to have normal sex)
- *** is very watery everytime i ejaculate
-i was diagnose with mild bulging disc L4-L5 an L5-S1 idk if had anything to do with

i also have done a lot test all came negative an i seen healthy here are most of the exam i done in the past 3 months

-MRI ABDOMEN AND PELVIS nothing show up  
-blood work all negative (std included)
-prostate exam negative
-dipstick no infection on urine + urine pretty clear  
-ultrasound scrotum negative
-psa levels are good

medication that didnt help me !!

-cipro 14 days nothing with same urgency
-librax 5mg
-uroxatral 10 mg
-ibuprofen 400mg
-diazepam 2mg (help relax muscle +anxiaty)

now an back to a new primary doctor an she start from scratch which gave me some but idk what to think i am doing bactrim 800mg twice a day going for my 6 day but still felling the same keep taking it or what should i do ?

i have been to 2 urologist and 3 primary care physican but they havent been able to diagnose me .i know isnt in my head beacuse i feel something wrong with my body.hope you guys can help an lossing hope thanks you for any relplys
Hi I am interested.  I am going to the urologist monday, I have been diagnosed with prostatitis, but I feel my anxiety adds to it.  I would like to learn more about your website.  At least to try the treatments.  I am not sure how to PM.  Please help.
i've been having this same problem aswell,it started about 5 months ago!! it dosn't hurt when I pee but I just always have the urge and first it was alot worse i would always be going like every 4 mins but now its kind of gotten better I can hold it in alot longer like 1-2 hours now but still it is annoying im only 16 i've been to the docter and everything came back fine,so I really don't know what is wrong with me,usually when im running or doing something I won't have the urge to go...but I'f i go to a place I never been before and I don't know where the washrooms are I get all nervouse and then I really need to go! idk is it just all in my head am I thinking about it too much??
Help here! I'm
Only 12... I had these symptoms late last year. This year around late feb, I went to hospital after feeling a sharp needle pain at my lower right adomen. The doctor examined me and couldn't find a cure but he injected me with something that I didn't know than the pain was gone. Two days later I went back to the hospital for another check up. They couldn't find any cause or cure. They made another appointment for me about a month later after I did a ultra sound scan. When I came back, they got the results and everything seemed perfectly fine... The urge to pee was also gone. However after a week, I felt the urge to pee again and in the morning I went to the toilet 4 times. I'm very worried as im only 12. Can someone help? Ive been to many different doctors alr.
I have haad this problem for 2weeks I noticed something! Im a male btw! LoL masterbate!!! Sounds crazy it works I noticed how I have not recently for months at time....im 20 soo I mean like really!! LoL! IT WOORKS! URGE IIS GONE IMMEDIATELY! SOUNDS SUPER CRAZY BUT LISTEN TAKE A WATER BOTTLE NEXT TIME AND WHEN U GO JUST A LIL DO IT IN THE BOTTLE.. SHAKE NOTE LIL WHITE SPECS? WELL ITS PROTEIN TRYING TO BE RELEASED! THUS MASTERBATE!
Ladies I had this for 7 months. Your body is telling u theres something wrong. its not all in your head. It is the most debilitating problem. Mine progressed I had an urge to urinate even when I'd just been to the toilet then I got vulva swelling. I saw 13 drs they all miss diagnosed me causing further complications. They also told me it was all in my head.

I had an ultrasound when it all started which didn't detect the problem. 7 months later I request an MRI which found a 7cm ovarian cyst which was displacing everything- this had been completely missed by an ultrasound. I had surgery to remove the cyst and they found grade 4 endeometriosis. Please please get yourselves a scan and continue to search until you find a gyno who will help.

Don't give up hope. Xxx
I am a 14 year old female. I am having the same problem.  All of this stuff you guys are talking about sounds pretty serious.  I can't go to the doctor about this, because I have no medical insurance. Is their anything I can do to stop this, without going to the doctor?
My girlfriend is 14 and is experiencing this problem, she says when she read it up and asked her mum and sisters it is normal for all women to get this feeling at some stage in their life, it is usually older teens into 20's however younger teenage females can develop this feeling, it should go away on its own.
Hi there am having this need to go and pee all the time, Its been happening for 3 to 4 nights now. When I do go pee something do happen I mean I do pee its just that I now have this constant need to go pee which has never happened before.
I have contracted Chlamydia in the past but never had this urge to go pee all the time.
Can someone please help me  
I'm also having a similar issue. I woke up from a long nap feeling like I had to pee really bad. I went to the bathroom and barely anything came out, every time I get off the toilet I feel the same awful need to urinate and it keeps randomly squirting out and when I try to pee more the inside of me has a weird tickling pain up through me stomach. Is it a UTI? Bladder infection? Sist?
Change your shower soap to a ph neutral one like Sanex. Had this for years. No idea how to fix, went to docs, etc. all load of I don't knows. Ph of modern shower gels is all over the place. Serious try it. It worked for me after years of searching all these forums .
I have this too right now. Been up for 3 hours trying to pee :( help0
Okay so it feels like i have to pee all the time but when i do go to urinate, little comes out. Also, when i do pee there is a sharp pain in my vagina. Is this normal?
have you tried Saw Palmetto?  It worked fro me when I quit drinking alcohol.  I started drinking alcohol again, around 2006; do not need Saw Palmetto currently, must be something in alcohol that helps me void my bladder's content.  I suggest you use Saw Palmetto  over alcohol.
This is if you are a male!
I have this problem right now, what did you do to get rid of it?! please?
I'm having the same thing too... I'm 12. Have you figured out what was wrong?
Years ago I had the same problem.  Basically  I got very excited for an extended period of time and did not release.  I got blue balls which is testicular pain.  I masterbated and ejaculated some blood and within a few days had an enlarged prostrate which caused urination problems.  I had to go under where the doctor went up the urethra and enlarged the area of the prostrate.  This occurred 44 years ago and I have never had that problem since but, I never let my load build up either.
Don,t be so rude there asking for help not a bloody spelling lesson.
Viewing 201-220 comments: