i feel like i need to urinate but dont have to
Recently with in the last hour i felt the normal need to urinate, i went and as soon as i was done i felt the pressure like if i was holding it for a long time and i needed to go, but it seemed there was no urine left. After that i keep feeling the urge and pressure to urinate and when i try to either nothing happens ore a very very small amount comes out.  I feel no pain. Should i go to my doctor? I don't have insurance and would like to avoid a medical check up if there is nothing wrong
i have the same proplem but im only 12 what should i do
yw8
Suicide is the only thing that I think about day to day as I went to doctors and specialist etc you name it, let doctors put their fingers up my bum just to say "your normal".
     Truth is I am NOT normal, It started when I was around 18 years old, I'm in my friends car and i MAKE  them pull off to the side so I can urinate, when I unzip NOTHING (1st time really confused me) after slowly realizing the transformation my left testicle as i felt throbbing and PAINT as it grew and twisted in my sac, for 1 day I pee'd blood, I slept in a feedle position as I lay in pain trying to sleep for over 1 year.
     I made attempts to kill myself in the past thinking my left nut will EXPLODE.. "yea immagin living with that feeling for over 2 years" I put my pride away and seek help in every direction BUT  i cannot go out no more ( I gave up on living now, can't live like this no more) so what I'm kind of asking at the age of 25 now is, what do I do before I kill myself ?
     Situation now is I don't go out, quit smoking cigarettes / drinking beer / staying up late / eating healthy and I don't go outside, when im in my house I don't feel the urgent need to urinate it only happends when im outside, a friends house, or anywhere other than home" I cannot work or support myself ANY longer without money, can someone please help or point me in the right direction ?
I have the same problem . When  I need to pee a tiny bit will come out then it will stop and I will feel a heavy feeling in my bladder and a little burning sensation and feel like I need to push it out but nothing comes out. It hurts and after I leave the bathroom and sit down I feel the urge to pee again so it's really annoying me. The worst thing is I'm only a 12 year old girl and I'm very embarrassed to tell anyone! Please please someone help :'(
i am having the same problem i feel like i got to pee but when i do  barely anything comes out and when im done i still feel like i have to go pee i am losing sleep over this  if i need to see a doctor what will the doctor do plesase somebody i am 15 and this really bugs me some one help
i have the same problem to i need to tell you when i have the urge to pee barely anything comes out and when im done i still feel like i need to peee if i seee a doctor what will the doctor say any answers??????
i am only 15 and i am a boy :(
:( please someone tell me what to do to make it go away:(
You have to see a doctor. You might have an Infection, or something worse. I have one right now, my parents won't take me to the doctors. But what WILL help is if you can't go to the doctors until like 3-Idk how many days, try drinking ALOT of water, Cranberry Juice (I do Ocean Spray, its a company) and try eating less at dinner.  Hope this helped. But, it practically happens to about everyone. I am a HighSchooler, (Last Year) and, it is painful. Sitting a the desk and it makes you feel grumpy. Ergh.
*FACT*: DO NOT PUT PRESSURE ON IT. It will just make the feeling of needing to use the bathroom MUCH worse. Trust me. I tried it.
~Gabbi-Marrieynne Phrannchessica Balittittimoore. (Yes. It is my name. NO it isn't fake. I'm French.)
I found your post about have IC and think it may be what I have. I don't have a UTI but I have been to the er for a bladder infection (kicked me on my butt may I add). Since then it seems that it is happening more often, the urge to pee anytime I sit and forget bedtime. I am miserable and would love to read the links that you offered on March 3, 2009.

Thanks for your time and any info!!!
since december 2012  i been living with sensation to urinate at all time or most of the time i have the sentation right on the tip of my penis at most time but i also have other problems along with sensation to urinate  

-bladder fell always full but isnt
-after i take a poop urge becomes incontrollable having the urge to take a pissed 2 to 3 times after an done defecating in less than half hour with no fluid intake  
-when i have low fluid on me urine comes out in two streams often crossing over each other (never happen to me before urge started)
-only able to sleep 5 to 6 hours without waking up to pist
-bladder gets full quicker than before
-penis tip is very dry an feel cracked and has lost it color
-my erejection hurt a bit but not that bad(able to have normal sex)
- *** is very watery everytime i ejaculate
-i was diagnose with mild bulging disc L4-L5 an L5-S1 idk if had anything to do with

i also have done a lot test all came negative an i seen healthy here are most of the exam i done in the past 3 months

-MRI ABDOMEN AND PELVIS nothing show up  
-blood work all negative (std included)
-prostate exam negative
-dipstick no infection on urine + urine pretty clear  
-ultrasound scrotum negative
-psa levels are good

medication that didnt help me !!

-cipro 14 days nothing with same urgency
-librax 5mg
-uroxatral 10 mg
-ibuprofen 400mg
-diazepam 2mg (help relax muscle +anxiaty)

now an back to a new primary doctor an she start from scratch which gave me some but idk what to think i am doing bactrim 800mg twice a day going for my 6 day but still felling the same keep taking it or what should i do ?

i have been to 2 urologist and 3 primary care physican but they havent been able to diagnose me .i know isnt in my head beacuse i feel something wrong with my body.hope you guys can help an lossing hope thanks you for any relplys
Hi I am interested.  I am going to the urologist monday, I have been diagnosed with prostatitis, but I feel my anxiety adds to it.  I would like to learn more about your website.  At least to try the treatments.  I am not sure how to PM.  Please help.
i've been having this same problem aswell,it started about 5 months ago!! it dosn't hurt when I pee but I just always have the urge and first it was alot worse i would always be going like every 4 mins but now its kind of gotten better I can hold it in alot longer like 1-2 hours now but still it is annoying im only 16 i've been to the docter and everything came back fine,so I really don't know what is wrong with me,usually when im running or doing something I won't have the urge to go...but I'f i go to a place I never been before and I don't know where the washrooms are I get all nervouse and then I really need to go! idk is it just all in my head am I thinking about it too much??
Help here! I'm
Only 12... I had these symptoms late last year. This year around late feb, I went to hospital after feeling a sharp needle pain at my lower right adomen. The doctor examined me and couldn't find a cure but he injected me with something that I didn't know than the pain was gone. Two days later I went back to the hospital for another check up. They couldn't find any cause or cure. They made another appointment for me about a month later after I did a ultra sound scan. When I came back, they got the results and everything seemed perfectly fine... The urge to pee was also gone. However after a week, I felt the urge to pee again and in the morning I went to the toilet 4 times. I'm very worried as im only 12. Can someone help? Ive been to many different doctors alr.
I have haad this problem for 2weeks I noticed something! Im a male btw! LoL masterbate!!! Sounds crazy it works I noticed how I have not recently for months at time....im 20 soo I mean like really!! LoL! IT WOORKS! URGE IIS GONE IMMEDIATELY! SOUNDS SUPER CRAZY BUT LISTEN TAKE A WATER BOTTLE NEXT TIME AND WHEN U GO JUST A LIL DO IT IN THE BOTTLE.. SHAKE NOTE LIL WHITE SPECS? WELL ITS PROTEIN TRYING TO BE RELEASED! THUS MASTERBATE!
Ladies I had this for 7 months. Your body is telling u theres something wrong. its not all in your head. It is the most debilitating problem. Mine progressed I had an urge to urinate even when I'd just been to the toilet then I got vulva swelling. I saw 13 drs they all miss diagnosed me causing further complications. They also told me it was all in my head.

I had an ultrasound when it all started which didn't detect the problem. 7 months later I request an MRI which found a 7cm ovarian cyst which was displacing everything- this had been completely missed by an ultrasound. I had surgery to remove the cyst and they found grade 4 endeometriosis. Please please get yourselves a scan and continue to search until you find a gyno who will help.

Don't give up hope. Xxx
I am a 14 year old female. I am having the same problem.  All of this stuff you guys are talking about sounds pretty serious.  I can't go to the doctor about this, because I have no medical insurance. Is their anything I can do to stop this, without going to the doctor?
My girlfriend is 14 and is experiencing this problem, she says when she read it up and asked her mum and sisters it is normal for all women to get this feeling at some stage in their life, it is usually older teens into 20's however younger teenage females can develop this feeling, it should go away on its own.
Hi there am having this need to go and pee all the time, Its been happening for 3 to 4 nights now. When I do go pee something do happen I mean I do pee its just that I now have this constant need to go pee which has never happened before.
I have contracted Chlamydia in the past but never had this urge to go pee all the time.
Can someone please help me  
I'm also having a similar issue. I woke up from a long nap feeling like I had to pee really bad. I went to the bathroom and barely anything came out, every time I get off the toilet I feel the same awful need to urinate and it keeps randomly squirting out and when I try to pee more the inside of me has a weird tickling pain up through me stomach. Is it a UTI? Bladder infection? Sist?
Change your shower soap to a ph neutral one like Sanex. Had this for years. No idea how to fix, went to docs, etc. all load of I don't knows. Ph of modern shower gels is all over the place. Serious try it. It worked for me after years of searching all these forums .
I have this too right now. Been up for 3 hours trying to pee :( help0
Okay so it feels like i have to pee all the time but when i do go to urinate, little comes out. Also, when i do pee there is a sharp pain in my vagina. Is this normal?
have you tried Saw Palmetto?  It worked fro me when I quit drinking alcohol.  I started drinking alcohol again, around 2006; do not need Saw Palmetto currently, must be something in alcohol that helps me void my bladder's content.  I suggest you use Saw Palmetto  over alcohol.
This is if you are a male!
I have this problem right now, what did you do to get rid of it?! please?
I'm having the same thing too... I'm 12. Have you figured out what was wrong?
Years ago I had the same problem.  Basically  I got very excited for an extended period of time and did not release.  I got blue balls which is testicular pain.  I masterbated and ejaculated some blood and within a few days had an enlarged prostrate which caused urination problems.  I had to go under where the doctor went up the urethra and enlarged the area of the prostrate.  This occurred 44 years ago and I have never had that problem since but, I never let my load build up either.
Don,t be so rude there asking for help not a bloody spelling lesson.
Wow...you're a bi###
Wow...you're a bi###
No you are not over thinking this! I have the same problem. I am 14  and was born with a kidney and urinary and have had three surgeries and go in for catheters every six month and ultra sounds! i have this same problem mine have kept me up several school nights and have sent me down to my mom crying from the severe urge to pee. I even when through a time where they thought that I had Neurotic Bladder (when you need to wee but your brain doesn't get the signal telling you that you need to wee, so you are just doing what ever and all of a sudden you are just peeing). Last time I went to my urologist with the urge to pee problem (this happens a lot) he said i was having bladder spasms, he just suggested that I have a heating pad on as much as possible. (Also just a tip if you are having this issue and are still in school you can have your urologist write you a note stating that any teacher has to let you use the restroom anytime needed.)
I'm nine years old and I'm SO worried I'm ONLY IN FOURTH GRADE!!!!!
"I have noticed that now when I feel like I need to pee I go to the toilet and nothing comes out or only a little bit. I then go back and lie or sit down and it's very uncomfortable and I have a big urge to pee like my bladder is full but I don't know? It does have a burning feeling but I feel I can't do anything."
Thats how I feel right now but, I am sorry I can't give you any tips because that is why I came to this website, because I have that exact problem. Please any doctor on this site help us and tell us what it might be!
Same I really dont know what to do in a girl and Im 14 help!!!! In so much discomfort
same
same here i know i should go to the doctors but when i was younger i had ainfection (down there) and when i went to the doctors it was so akward i never want to go again.
Well you should go to the doctors because they could really help you.
Some. It really hurts.
I've read a lot off comments where people are reluctant to talk to family, parents, etc. about their issue.  There is nothing 'embarrassing' about medical issues.  First, there are only TWO sexes ... not hardly a 'mystery' as to the differences.  Second, medical issues are often out of your control and you need some form of intervention.  Family is often the best place to start discussing your issues.  When you say to a parent, "I have a painful problem and need your advice."  A parent that refuses to talk about the issue is not a parent!!!  Don't be embarrassed.  Also, doctors (specialists) see a lot of nakedness and a wide range of problems.  Don't feel embarrassed with them.  They're not 'turned on' by your nakedness .. they'd probably rather be home watching reality TV.
  I'm a 62 year old male.  But urinary issues are often common in both sexes.  I've read several messages in this forum that sound like 'urethral stricture'.  Both male & female can have this issue.  I continue to have problems with this.  Went through urethral dilation (look it up on YouTube) and I will NEVER go thru that again.
  For males, you can try several things if you're experimental.  But first, you 'should' go to a urologist and get a non-intrusive exam; such as an ultrasound (you can have a bladder, kidney ultrasound and ultrasound of the entire length of the urethra to see if there is a stricture (constriction).  A stricture is like a flattened & narrowed garden hose and occurs in both male & female.  The urologist may want a blood sample and will surely want a urine sample (do whatever it takes to produce one).
  If the urologist suggests putting a scope in your urethra (male or female), keep in mind that this WILL cause damage.  My urologist did it to me and left behind several teaspoons of blood on the exam table (NEVER AGAIN)!!
  I have no reservations talking with others about this problem.  And you'll find (if you do the same) there are many others with your problem.  All of you will benefit from sharing your problems with one another.  In fact, I have two female friends who have stricture issues.  One could not urinate at all and thought she would 'explode'.  Went to emergency and they FORCED a catheter into her.  It did a LOT of damage.  Don't wait until you can't urinate!  A male friend did the same.  I came across a company in California called "Senior Life Health".  They have a product called "Prostate Health Essentials".  I've turned several male friends on to this and it works well - and amazingly fast.  This is #1 choice if your problem is enlarged prostate instead of stricture.
  For males, a cheap penis pump (you can get them at Walgreens for $12 or eBay for about the same) can 'stretch' the stricture.  I've been doing this for 6 weeks and it is working great.  Just don't pump it too much or you create more damage than you can imagine.  Along with this, I've been taking several 'over the counter' supplements such as:

L-Argenine [Source Naturals L-Arginine L-Citrulline Complex, 240 Tablets-1000mg.  Amazon.com  $23] (male or female)

Enzyte [find expired boxes on eBay for $5 or so] (not for females)

Bee Pollen [Y.S. Organic Bee Pollen -- 200 Capsules.  Amazon.com $12.50] (male or female)

Serrapeptase [Amazing Nutrition Serrapeptase (40, 000 Units). Amazon.com  $11] {heals internal/external scar tissue which often accompanies strictures}. (male or female)

I'm NOT a doctor and the examples above are simply suggestions from items I've personally used over the past two years for the stricture issue.  I provided the source so you can study the item better.  Googling the supplement along with the word 'review' will get you others' opinions of the various uses of these products.  Some of the reviewers are 'paid' to credit or discredit a product so use caution and discretion.
  It's good to know that if you constantly have a full bladder, that can lead to renal (kidney) failure.  If the bladder is full, the kidneys can't work properly (nowhere to move the urine).  This is VERY dangerous.  Having your bladder full all the time also damages the elasticity of your bladder - which often causes the inability to urinate even though you feel like you're ready to explode (no elasticity/expansion to force the urine out).  Losing weight is one way (for those over-weight) to rebuild the elasticity of the bladder.
  I was diagnosed at stage 3 (final stage) renal failure.  They wanted me to prepare myself for kidney dialysis (not fun at all).  I started taking one teaspoon, twice per day, of Colloidal Silver.  After 3 weeks of this I went to the kidney specialist and he was dumbfounded saying I had the kidneys of a teenager.  I told him about the Colloidal Silver (CS) and he was amazed - saying he has NEVER seen renal failure reversed like I had done.  *It's also a good product to keep on hand as it cures loads of other issues.  You can find the absolute best deal on CS through:
http://www.kellycolloidalsilver.com/
  You can get CS in stores but it's very expensive ($30 or so per ounce).  Kelly sells an entire quart for $47 and every batch is tested prior to sale.  I've been buying from them for over 5 years.  Highly recommend them.  I continue to consume CS but mostly for immune system issues - I NEVER get sick!!!  So I don't know if it contributed in a positive way to my urethral stricture issue.  
   I've also tried a naturopathic physician and am getting good results from what he is providing (he used to be a licensed urologist but gave up because of how the 'medical profession' has changed for the worse.  He specializes in urethral strictures.
  I also had severe type-2 diabetes (glucose over 300) and entirely got rid of diabetes by consuming a teaspoon (twice per day) of ground Cinnamon.  The Colloidal Silver also aided.  My regular physician couldn't believe it.  A simple cure, no side effects.  Who could ask for more???
   I'm not a doctor but don't hold back from sharing personal experiences and experiments I've done on myself.  I hope some of the comments I've provided give you the motivation to try some over the counter things which often are better cures than that provided by 'western medicine' physicians.
  Even so, it's a good idea to go to a specialist and (at the very least) get their advice and submit to the non-invasive (no penetration) tests they offer.  That's what I did.  Once I had an idea of what the problem was, I started researching in forums such as this.  LOADS of notes later (keep a MS Word file and copy/paste notes that are similar to your problems) I began experimenting with various OTC supplements and creams.
  I have room for improvement but am happy to say I can '**** a stream' of 10 feet or so.  "Something" worked ... out of all the 'experiments' I did.
  Never give up.  Experiment.  Keep good records & notes.  And, above all, talk about your problems to others - especially family.  A good 'family' will understand medical issues should not be 'embarrassing' to talk about.  
  Best of luck to all of you.  I hope my suggestions & comments help you on your road to recovery ...
  Al R.
  Something else (for males): When you go to a urologist, he/she will probably want to do a 'digital exam' (gloved finger in the anus) to feel the prostate to see if it's enlarged.  The problem with this is that they can feel the 'outside' perimeter of the prostate but it's the INSIDE of the prostate that swells and constricts the urethra; making it difficult or impossible to pass urine.  A prostate can 'feel' normal and be swollen internally - thus restricting the urine flow
  If you get a bottle of "Prostate Health Essentials" (www.seniorlifehealth.com) at take 3 capsules per day, your urine retention WILL go away IF the problem is prostate related.  This is a good way to determine whether your problem stems from an enlarged prostate OR if you have a urethral stricture.  If this supplement helps, reduce to one capsule per day.  I continue to use this to keep the prostate healthy (one cap per day)
  If the problem persists after 6 or 7 days of Prostate Health Essentials, you probably have a urethral stricture.  That's one way to tell, anyway.
  It wouldn't hurt to ask the urologist for a prescription for Terazosin (I don't know if this is recommended for females with urethral stricture).  That can reduce the 'urgency to urinate' and help you to get a FULL night sleep.
  A stricture can be NASTY.  Do a LOT of research, take a lot of notes and share your experiments with others.  For God sake, don't be embarrassed.
  Hope the info helps.
    Al R.
Adult male  trying  to pee a little come out or nothing  at all come out
My last hour is that I have been going to the bathroom 36 times in one hour and I am not sure if it happens when your on your period.
I'd  help but  i have  same  thing i just  found out  about  this   now  and   i don't  want  ask my  parents   about  it .  i had  this  since i was  in grade 7  till grade 12  and i'm 18 .  
i also experience such problems to but i use a drug bt nt realy a drug that realy helped me am a living testimony..contact me for more details ***@****
i have been worried about the same exact thing  except mine only happens the 2 days before i start my period