Urology Expert Forum
infant circumcision mild penoscrotal webbing

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

I have a question.  My son has mild penoscrotal webbing on his left ventral side from his circumcision.  I have seen a  urologist who said that he should be fine and we can check him when he is a teenager and that it is pretty common to have mild webbing.  My question is, would it help to pull back on the skin in that area a couple of times a day to stretch it and could it help lower the penoscrotal junction?  Thanks.
Dear lee300,

Thanks for writing.

I would like to first of all inform you that the webbing is not related to the circumcision. Most of the patients with penoscrotal webbing improve as they grow older and nothing needs to be done at present. In all probability, pulling the skin will not help. However, if the webbing persists even after puberty, it may have to be released surgically.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.

Best Regards,
Dr. Rajiv Goel
How do you know that the webbing is not related to circumcision?  I thought that circumcisions cause webbing if too much shaft skin was removed and he has less shaft skin to the left of his raphe.  thanks.
Dear lee300,

Thanks for writing back.

I would like to reassure you that circumcision does not cause webbing. It can lead to a shortened penis or angled penis but cannot lead to webbing. In all likelihood, your child had webbing from birth.

In most of children the penis outgrows the scrotum and the webbing disappears. However, if his webbing persists even at puberty then it shall have to be released with Z plasty. Pulling the skin forcibly now shall not help.

I hope I have addressed your concerns.

Best Regards,
Dr. Rajiv goel