Urology Community
irritated bladder
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

irritated bladder

I have had an irriated bladder for about 2 months.My family doctor prescribed cipro and macrobid.Neither worked.I then visited a urology doctor.He gave me vesicare.That didn't work either.My only sympton is my bladder always feels irritated.Theres no blood no problem holding my urine,just that feeling.He wants me to have a cystoscopy and a uds.Isn't there a blood test or an xray test That I can do first?I felt like he was trying to really push for these tests right from the start.They seem very invasive and unnecessary at this point.What should I DO?
Tags: irritable
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i had a cystoscopy and it is the only way to find out if there is any thing wrong with the bladder or kidney, i do still suffer from the same symptom you decribe im thinking maybe it could be interstital cystitis?
Blank
I agree with heart7154 tht the only way to find out if there's anything wrong with the bladder or kidney is to have a cystoscopy done. I had bladder and kidney ultrasound done first after suffering from irritated bladder/early morning pain since last May which showed my bladder wasn't quite emptying properly (even though I wasn't aware of that). I then had cystoscopy done 2 weeks ago They discovered during the cystoscopy that a tube leading  into my bladder was narrowed. They gave it a gentle stretch while there and problem solved!  I had no problems after the cystoscopy - slightly irritated for 24 hours after it - but after drinking pints of water to 'flush out' my bladder it calmed down and I don't have any more pain. Ask if you can have bladder/kidney ultrasound done first and then get the cystoscopy done - they put me to sleep and I didn't feel a thing. Good luck. Let us know how you get on.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank