Urology Community
kidney

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

kidney

5MM CALCIFICATION MID POLE RIGHT KIDNEY PARENCHYMA what does this mean
cyst on the left side
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Renal parencymal calcification is seen in a number of conditions. These include medullary calcification which is seen in renal tubular acidosis, hyperoxaluria, hypercalciuria, primary hyperparathyroidism, hypervitaminosis A and sarcoidosis. Focal calcification is seen in infections including tuberculosis and metabolic abnormalities.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
I too have a cyst and a calcification in my kidney. Neither are obstructing the ureters, but the cyst will sometimes drain and my urine will change color and odor for a minute.  If your doctor is confident that its nothing serious and you are not diabetic or in great discomfort...you should be fine. Drink alot of water! Remember...do not think you have a serious illness regardless of what is posted...UNLESS you are having worrisome symptoms and your doctor has concerns. Kidney and liver cysts are fairly common and a calcification of 5mm is SMALL. Basically, its a kidney stone. many people have those too.
Isn't it fun being a grown up?  Don't hesitate to ask your doctor every single question you have on your mind! Its YOUR body and they are paid to take care of you.
Best wishes to you!!  Weffette