Urology Community
low libido High Testosterone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

low libido High Testosterone

I have been experiencing very low libido. I have been tested for various labs, my testosterone tests out high at 865 total, and high bioavailable...I've seen endocrinologists,etc and everything they test appears high normal...I am also physically fit, a body builder, drink rarely, don't smoke...I am absolutely perplexed...I used to be a raging animal sexually and it is as though it has simply shut off. It also effects my ability to maintain and achieve erections. I thought it could be low testosterone...but apparently not...I still get night-time erections, but then when I wake up in the AM it is like they disappear and it takes tremendous amounts of  enticement to get me excited. I also noticed that I don't feel the same sensation...What possible causes could it be? It is quit stressing...I have read similar stories on here...I am 33 years old...could my cortisol levels be too high?  I am willing to test anything?
Tags: erection
Avatar_dr_f_tn

You have mentioned that you still maintain nighttime erections. In this case your urologist may be able to help you determine how many times each night you experience the erections. Also, erectile problems may be due to mechanical or psychological factors.It is best to determine which is more involved here.

Aside from a urologist and endocrinologist, a sex therapist may be able to help. Psychological factors may be very subtle to pinpoint. Hav a complete assssment done. Hormonal imbalance may present with other symptoms as well.In your case you haven't mentioned of any. Look deep into the situation and consider and possible stressors that may have contributed to your condition.
Vanessa, I guess I failed to mention that my problem first began about 5 years ago when I used an over-the-counter body building andro product...It took my sex-drive away and ever since then I haven't been the same...The bottom line is I just feel lifeless in the whole sex department...I went from 100mph down to zero instantly...It wouldn't matter if miss america was in front of me...whereas before I would probably chase miss america like a hungry wolf...don't mind my comparisons...I am just trying to describe as strongly as I can the whole 180 degree turn around....Nothing seems to get me aroused...I don't get it...
hi there have read your question on feb 8th and 14th . my story is basically very simalar to yours . i will be posting a question of my own later . you may find it helpfull to read my story and there answers . good luck mate . Neil
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Have you mentioned prior use of androgen products to your physician? Are you still taking the supplements? Some supplements like anabolic steroids promote tissue building properties of androgens or testoserone  rather than its sex associated properties.Your intake of the supplements may have directly contrinbuted to your symptom.

Discuss this with your physician.If you are still taking the supplement, it is best to inform your physician if stopping the supplements may require tapering it first
Vanessa, yes, I have mentioned all the prior use of androgen products. Infact a doctor placed me on testosterone after testing low, which I believe was caused by the over the counter andro product, (I am 100% certain), Anyway, I stopped using testosterone products nearly two years ago...because I didn't feel good, my doctor wasn't testing my levels, it was just a big mess...I was basically self medicating...so, I decided I am going to try to get my natural body kickstarted...But, I tell you it is hard once you stop any kind of testosterone, because there is that period of time where you feel like ****, mentally, physically, etc...plus just everyday relationship stressors...anyway...About one month ago, I went to the Mayo Clinic to see an endocrinologist. All my hormone levels were tested and my free and bioavailable were excellent in the upper one-third of the reference range, and my total testosterone was at 869...I was taking bromocriptine and an over the counter herbal supplement called Eurycoma longifolia for about 30 days until about one week prior to being tested at the Mayo Clinic...The bromocriptine was prescribed because of elevated prolactin while on testosterone a year earlier and I had extra left over pills, so I wanted to see what they would do...as, on several occassions my prolactin at baseline tested to be slightly eleveated...anyway...the Eurycoma longifolia (aka LJ 100) is an over the counter plant/herb supplement that is touted to naturally enhance LH production,(Apparently, there are clinical studies supporting this) which in turn results in elevated endogenous testosterone production..I truly believe that this LJ 100 works, because I had my baseline testosterone checked about a year earlier after ceasing all testosterone products for 5 months and my levels were no were near this 869, .Anyway, my doctor wants me to stay off everything...for two months and then retest to see what my natural baseline is...makes sense...I have about one month to go. Over the last month, I have noticed strength loss in the gym, increased joint pains, especially in my hips and joints, which I really can't attribute to activity, and virtually no libido...One thing I recently came across was information about Hemochromatosis...unexplained joint pains, loss of libido, loss of erections, etc...many doctors don't even consider testing for this...I am going to request that the tests to check my iron levels be done to at least eliminate or determine if this may be my problem...Because when my hormones tested high normal, I still didn't feel like myself...low to no sex drive, erection difficulties, chronic fatigue...I honestly don't understand this...I do feel that my body naturally has the capacity to produce more than adequate amounts of testosterone...since, I apparently check out hormonally fine, but I still present with clinical symptoms...That is why I am thinking about other medical possibilitites...I am not crazy, etc...It's like my sex drive and interest in sex is completely turned off...before, it was like on auto pilot, I never had to do anything and it was going through my mind all day long, and I never had any performance problems...I am open minded to the possibility that it could be mental, but, I seriously doubt it...I have tried wellbutrin at the suggestion of a psychiatrist, which didn't affect my libido at all or erectily function...I have talked to psychiatrists as I work with them and nothing has resulted....In my heart of hearts, I know that something is physically wrong, I just dont' know exactly what, but I do know how I feel and it is real. My joint pains, when walking and sharp pains that occur if I move a certain way...I am not imagining it...It's hard to convince physicians that look at my hormone profile and my physical physique...I think they think I am crazy, which just adds to my feeling of futility in finding a answer to my issue...I mentally push myself everyday and live with the joint pain and force myself to stay active, but inside I am struggling...but everyone else looks at me, including doctors and sees a physically fit person and concludes that there is no way...anyway, I almost feel as though I am going to ultimately be the one to discover an answer through research and seeking information and then presenting to my doctor...to at least check out...
Neil, How can I find your story...I don't know where to look?
I am a 24 year old male. I have the same symptoms as you. I suddenly lost my sex drive in June 2007. I used a drug for hair loss called Propecia. This drug stops the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestoserone, which effectively increases the body's testoserone levels (at least temporarily).

I feel that this problem is somewhat similar to users who use anabolic supplements, so I am wondering if our problems can be related. I feel very healthy except for the fact that I have NO libido, whereas before my libido was insatiable. I have seen many doctors and done blood tests, but can't find any abnomalities.

Since nothing can be found in lab tests, doctors conclude that it is psychological, but I am certain that it is not. I have been open to that possibility, but my libido has always been something that controlled me, I could never control my urges. And my libido is literally non-existent -- never get excited by the thought of sex or attractive girls anymore. I have lost all my morning erections, whereas before I would have to wait for my erections to come down every morning before I urinated.

Do you have any updates?

Have you tried taking a small dose of Arimidex?  I've been on Testosterone for the past year and, without a bi-weekly dose of Arimidex, I'm limp and completely disinterested.
Jebby, I've had the exact same issues as you for several years now...I am completely clueless and frustrated to no end. Same as you, all my bloodwork is tesing high and my doctors are stumped. I've tried all kinds of suplimentation and nothing has worked. Have you gotten an answer yet? Cialis does the trick, but has bad side effects: serious depression, from sweats to chills, lack of motivation and the list goes on so I try not to take it. I used to work out ALL the time and then 1day no sexdrive and I just had no urge to workout...I try to make myself work out but it's not the same as before. Unlike you though I never took any andro products...any answers yet?

To  F47D00d: why are you taking a drug used for postmenopausal women?
Jebby, I am in the same boat as you, except I have a history of using anabolics.  I have been going to see a hormone specialist at bodylogicMD (check out their website bodylogicmd.com.)  Been taking testosterone shots and Arimedix for about a year, however libido still *****.  The testosterone and training leave me with a well fit lean body, but with low/no libido.  I wish I had some answers for you but you are not alone.
I am a 37 yr old male in the same kind of trouble as you guys.Brief history is as follows...
-use of various anabolics from age 24 to 30.Hypogonadism as a result.
-Hormone replacement therapy as of age 30,100mg of Test Cypionate weekly.
-Everything was fine and a high drive up until I started using an OTC anabolic(M1T) back in spring 2007.Honestly I took it for about 6 months straight.Things have NEVER gone back to normal,even with the weekly RT.I have seen a urologist and am currently running extensive tests with an expert in endocrinology.My test and free test is in the normal range.However my DHEA,LH and FSH are virtually at zero.My prolactin is near the upper limit.I am frustrated and my wife is fed up.I have occasional night erections which disappear upon waking.No daytime erections and no drive whatsoever.I go for months with no sex or self-sex.Levitra etc is useless as there is no drive behind it.I am desperate to go back to normal.I was thinking of ordering this product by Dr.Ray Sahelian called PassionRX.Has any one tried it?
    Any ideas?Anyone?
It's all related to the testosterone supplements.  Back when 1-AD was legal I experienced the same loss of drive, unless I took a diol called 4-ad with it.  Of course, with pro-hormone ban (thank you congress), we low test people were all left with only pure prescribed testosterone from our doctors.  My sex drive was actually fine when using Androgel, however the androgel didn't seem to boost my test levels very high (still had low energy and depression).  So the doc switched me to testosterone cypionate injections.  I felt great energy wise but my sex drive went to nothing.  Both my doc and my urologist said there is no way the testosterone would cause that.  But I know my body, and I know that's what did it (similar to the 1-AD).  Not only that, but it's right on pfizer's website, in the side effects for Depo®-Testosterone
testosterone cypionate injection.  Decrease libido is a possible side effect.  Right now I'm off of everything, and am trying herbal supplements and an over the counter estrogen blocker.  The drive is coming back, but it's slow.  A friend recommended i try a different ester of testosterone.  Enenthate instead of Cypionate.  So those of you experiencing this problem, might consider that.  Or, go with Androgel.  While it didn't seem to boost my testosterone much, my sex drive was good.  Good luck to all.

Jebby. I have the exact same problem. I'm 25. Tried andro to work out with. Stopped getting big and lost all motivation. I have the inability to get an erection :( I don't know what to do. It's been like this for a year. I recently realized I have hemmorhoids now and wonder if that is a contributing factor. Please let me know if u have figured it out. Or anyone if u have any idea. I thought It was originally loss of testosterone but I had it checked and while they did
the lab work i was on testim which didn't do a thing.  
***@****
I think something is up with ALL bodybuilding supplements.  I use to work out without them until one day I decided to "Get Serious" about lifting.  I took a bodybuilding multi-vitamin and protein religiously for a year straight.  That waas the first time I ever did that.  All of a sudden my sex drive dropped like a ton of bricks.  I know it is suppose to go down 1% a year as you get into your 40s but I feel like I went from 100mph to 0.  I am actually just realizing it now.  I thought I was just tired of my girl but it is not her, it's me.  I am completely numb.  Less than a year ago, many women said I was too agressive sexually.  I hope this is not permanent.  I am stopping ALL bodybuilding supplements and going back to the basics (B complex and Vitamin C from CVS).
I have now been on Androgel for 5 weeks and have lost all libido and interest in babes.  

Up until Oct 09 I had been on Testosterone cypionate injections every 10 days.  I had noticed that for the entire several years that I was on this regimen, a sex drive cycle.  For days 2,3, 4 and 5 after an injection, my libido and interest were low.  For days 6,7,8,9 and 10, my libido increased every day.  This always puzzled me because it contradicted expectations.  My last injection was early Oct 09 and my last test level 10 days later was very low at 216 but I was horny.  My libido stayed very high for at least 4 weeks with no injections.  

My normal test level is quite low at around 240 without supplementation.  I have not had a test level while being on Androgel since 12-18-09 but expect that it is high now but with the nonexistent sex interest.

I came here looking for answers just like everyone else.   With so many guys having this problem, there must be a reason for it.

are u taking finasterid(propecia), cauz i have the same problem and its due to finasteride
I really feel bad for you younger guys. My libido was strong up until I turned 48 (now 50). All of a sudden my **** went limp and the sensation was gone. No more morning erections. I know things change with age, but I was not expecting this. I had just started a regular exercise routine (cardio & light weights) and eating better after being sedentary for years. I immediately got on the computer to find anything to "fix" this problem. I have tried many internet products. I can actually say that PassionRx has worked for me. I do have erections throughout the night, but not the rock hard morning ones. It does take extra stimulation to get and keep hard. In my research and request for a stronger libido, I'm looking for the best estrogen blocker. I have been and will continue keeping up with my workouts and diet, so hope this has been a positive factor. I really wish you all the best and that your sense of "normalcy" returns. Keep us posted.
My libido has been steadily declining over the last few years, and now seems to have almost completely disappeared. I'm wondering if it is related to my hypothyroidism, which was diagnosed about the same time. I recently had a lot of lab tests done, which turned up that my (free and total) testosterone are TOO HIGH, while my thyroid levels are TOO LOW (despite taking a high dose of synthetic thryroid).  My doctor switched me to Armour (pork) thyroid a couple of weeks ago--experimenting to see if perhaps the synthetic was, I guess, still leaving me hypothyroid despite basic tests showing my thyroid ranges to be "normal."  Low libido combined with high testosterone seems like such an odd combination.  I have no history of body-building or using any steriod-y/body-building type of supplements. The only thing like that is that I tried using DHEA for a few months (stopped about 2 months ago).  Since those lab tests I haven't been back to my doctor to have them interpreted--going tomorrow.  So I'll report back.
I have high normal testosterone level as others in this group. And like others in this group and over the past 10 years I have lost all libido and as of now I have no night time erections.
What is weird is that any stimulate that I take that may increase my libido creates night time dreams wanting me to urinate in the dream. And if I have a full bladder (most times not), I will urinate in the bed.

I want to know who to see to solve this problem? Your average urologist does not know what I am taking about!
HELP!
Have you considered you might have diabetes? Diabetes causes nerve damage and less feeling in the penis & low libido would naturally follow.
Sorry, I haven't commented in awhile. I have discovered what I believe to be the root of all my problems with libido, etc...I recently discovered about 8 months ago that I have LYME DISEASE. I have likely had it for over 10 years. After taking a massive downward spiral in my health...literally on my death  bed for several years, I finally found out why my body is dysfunctioning.... If you want to learn about lyme disease go to www.canlyme.com.

Lyme disease can completely wreak havoc on every system in your body including LIBIDO...low libido, sexual dysfunction is one of the many potential symptoms of lyme disease... The medical community is vastly undereducated in regards to lyme disease, detection and treatment. I am in the medical field and know first hand what a joke the system is....insurance companies and so on, doctors lacking any real knowedge...I have read some comments about possible psychological issues that could lead to this...This is basically the medical community saying that they have no clue...In fact prior to getting my lyme diagnosis, I was also told that I should consult with a psychiatrist because the doctors couldn't figure anything out...This is an INSULT...I repeat, an INSULT...If a doctor ever tells you that, run, do some research on your symptoms and seek out doctors who specialize and actually keep up with the latest research...not the pharmaceutical company research...that is biased and will get you no where...

Well, I knew intuitively that there was something underlying wrong and it wasn't psychological...In fact, I believe that psychological causes unless they are organic, are rarely if ever the cause. This is the medical community lead by big Pharma trying to push useless psych drugs onto people with no benefit...

With me, my problems began with libido, but overtime, things spiralled out of control and my whole body was affected, libido, joints, muscles, foggy thinking, unexplained aches, pains, thyroid issues...etc...so, psychological just does not account for the systemic massive dysfunction that is occurring. If you haven't figured it out by now, I am extremely defensive and roaring and ready to rumble with any practitioner that latch onto a possible psychosomatic cause....this is BS, every guy that has commented on here knows full well what it is like to have a normal libido....what they are experiencing is something very real with this dysfunction. Psychiatry is the most corrupt facet of medicine in existence...no real cures, no tests to even assess neurotransmitter levels, bogus labels, blindly playing chemistry experiment with people....

So, back to lyme disease...lyme causes massive dysfunction throughout the body due to neurotoxins, biotoxins, autoimmune problems(body attacking itself), it drains the adrenals, which then scavenge other hormones such as testosterone to utilize for cortisol production which is vital to sustain life....you need cortisol more than you need testosterone to survive....enzymes in the body are affected, the bodies detoxification pathways are taxed to the limit....so, it then makes sense that your body is not concerned about a libido, it is more concerned with survival and dealing with this ongoing chronic underlying infection...

These bio-toxins are thought to alter various specific sites in the brain on molecular, structural and chemical levels, interfering with all the major neurotransmitters (dopamine
, serotonin, norepinephrine, acetylcholine, GABA). In this way they can cause all manner of neurological and psychiatric symptoms that mimic (or cause) many illnesses, from degenerative diseases such as Parkinson's Disease and Alzheimer's (2), to depression (3) and autistic disorders. So, in regards to libido...the neurotransmitters are essential...but lyme disease interfers with them....

I have made massive improvements in my health in the last 8 months....I no longer have full fledged arthritic joints....I am able to run and move without any major pain...but, I am not out of the water yet....my libido has not returned to normal....but, I am working on that...Lyme Disease is extremely difficult to completely kill off...DO YOUR RESEARCH....It is massively underdiagnosed, there is no 100% accurate test available...often false negatives are reported and most doctors assume that the patient does not have lyme disease...YOU MUST DEAL WITH A LYME LITERATE PHYSICIAN....going to your general practitioner is a waste of time and money...

In regards to psychiatry...Dr. Paul Fink, a former president of the American Psychiatric Association, has acknowledged that Lyme disease can contribute to every single psychiatric disorder in the Diagnostic Symptoms Manual IV (DSM-IV), the manual used to diagnose psychiatric disorders.

You must kill the lyme bacteria and detoxify the body....diet is vital, supplements, detox, detox, detox....I have tried the arimidex, the testosterone injections, you name it, I have tried it and I never regained my libido or sense of normalcy...I have since learned that these drugs are simply adding more toxic load to the body...You must clean up the terrain of the body and it will then begin to regain self regulating function...Please understand that everyone on earth is carrying many bad toxins and chemicals from the food we eat which if you eat in restaurants and buy processed food....you are eating lots of toxins, preservatives and chemicals that are only going to lead to problems in your body over time...we are inundated with toxins....that is why detox must become a regular part of our lifestyle....
I am a 40 yr old woman and have had low libido my whole life.  Just spurts of libido right before my period.  I finally got my testesterone level checked and it was 1.5 times higher than it should've been.  So, is it possible high testosterone could cause low libido?  It would seem not - but... in thinking of something being out of balance, who's to say the same symptom could happen?
First, let me say Thank You for posting this. I have recently been experiencing alot of the same issues. I am 40 years old and have been HIV positive for close to 20 years, very healthy and on one pill a day regimen. I have always had an extremely strong sex drive and very driven. However, in the past few months both are completely gone. All of my test have come back very normal and on the high end. It literally seems that I woke up one day and everything had changed. I don't even care to think about sex anymore. I never have done drugs, not overweight and get a decent amount of exercise. I am at a loss for what to do at this point. Were you able to get definitive answers for yourself? Jake
This is all a very interesting post. Just found the site today and I can relate to many of you. Am 58 with a history very similar to most of those on this site; problems started about 50. If we stay on this site, we may find the answer. To get to the point, I think there must be some damage to the endocrine feedback system or cellular receptor de-sensitivity..that occurs as a result of using testosterone. Additionally, we may have some toxin build up as has also been discussed. One of the posts was also right that most docs don't have the answer. I am one (who has been searching for answers for over a decade) and none of my peers has a clue...and not one of the "anti-aging" docs I know has an answer for the endocrine feedback problem, etc. The question is, how can we properly detox and how can we return endocrine sensitivity? Let me hear your responses and lets figure this out!
This is all too interesting and something stands out the most: The fact that we all have taken some sort of "Natural" booster for working out. Jebby, did you experience hot flashes, loss of hair/short term memory along with your lack of libido???

I took a natural test booster (Bioforge ll) at age 23 and It caused what I think I can define as andropause. I'm now 26 and still haven't felt the same since. Sounds like these companies aren't doing enough trail testing with their products prior to putting them on the market, or their lying about the results.

Honestly I can care less about my sexual desire, what I really want back the most is my short term memory.
I am 42 year old male.  I too have been dealing with low testosterone since I was 34 "officially".  Although I did notice the symptoms off and on for a few years previous.

The symptoms:  I AM NOT going to list them in order from bad to worse, just my symptoms in general.

1. Low Libido
2. Decreased Erections and sometimes full out right Erectile Dysfunction (I think the total ED was more from frustration even though I had been married to the same woman for 10 years)
3. Decrease Muscle mass
4. Foggy thinking
5. Joint / Muscle pain
6. Tearfullness, more emotional

My story in short.  First let me preface this by telling you that I am a male R.N. that has been in the medical field for 18 years now.  Sometimes healthcare workers are the worse patients to treat because we act like we know everything there is to know about medicine OR we put others first before our selves, and lets face it Men are terrible about going to the doctors.

So here I was having the above symptoms at the age of 34, went to my family doc and he was not convinced that it was a Low Testosterone issue.  "Are you kidding me, was my first thought" ... sorry the nurse part of me coming out.  He thought it was a "confidence issue" so he gave me Viagra.  Did it work? Ya I would say it did increase blood flow, but my word the side effects that go with it, I can do without the RAGING headache please.  Went back to the doc and insisted on getting my hormones checked . Now most family doctors do not deal too much with Low T.  So they run just a Total Testosterone.  Thats fine and good, but its better to do a Free and Total by the way as it gives a better understanding of the bioavailability of testosterone available to the body in the blood if you will.  But here i go again speaking as a nurse.  Anyways, back on my story.  I sees that my Total Testosterone is 130,  now the men here that know any thing about the levels, your jaw just dropped a little and you said "damn".  Lets put it this way, its a tad higher than what women walk around with every day of their life. Or possible a 100 year old man.  In medical terms I had without a doubt Hypogonadism. This frustrated me, because I knew what the end result was.  I was to be on HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) the rest of my life, and doctors really should learn better etiquette when presenting this diagnosis and treatment to their patients instead of mentioning this like your discussing the weather.

So my treatment options were either Testosterone Gels, Testosterone Injections, Testosterone Pellet implantation.   My body laughed at the gels as it did not budge.  The Testosterone Pellets which is where the use a rather large Trocar about the size of a pencil after the upper outter quadrant of the buttocks is good and numb, the subcutaneously implant these pellets that resemble tick tacks into that area. Now although the philosophy is good meaning that is supposedly bio identical and a more natural way of introducing Testosterone  into the body and allowing the body to absorb them over say a 4-5 month period and the levels would maintain at a decent level. However, the scarring from he trocar after 9 consecutive pellet insertions over about 2 years left me with keloid tissue (scarring of the tissue) I could not subject my self to this any further and could not see myself doing this over and over again up into my 60's.

So I went to the injections.  I use the 200mg/ml Cypionate and just inject intramuscular into my own hip.  Its not that painful and I have more control over the dosing and I like that.  My endocrinologist could not find any thing else in my blood to indicate a tumor on my pituitary gland, adrenal fatigue, cortisole problems or any thing other than having a lower T level. I do have lower HDL Cholesterol (High Density Level - Good Cholesterol) and I just need to get my *** into the gym more and do more cardio and keep taking my fish oils etc. and it will be fine, all my other levels are great.  I do between 1/2 cc weekly to 1cc weekly depending on how I feel per my endocrinologist.

I also have to take Arimidex on occasion and I read a response above from poster xr4tiguy.  I am sure you already did your research but I did not see anyone really answer your question, so just in case someone happens upon this discussion later from a google search (which is what brought me here by the way), I will give the answer.  The body itself likes to try and stay in a state called homeostasis (meaning keeping a well balanced system) as much as it possibly can.  Unfortunately it does not work out that way.  So when someone raises their Testosterone level by artificial means, it can possibly raise the estrogen level as well.  I am extremely prone to this problem.  There was a time where my doctor implanted an extreme large amount of pellets WAY too many (another down side about pellets, because it takes a long time to get out of the system if the dose is all wrong, yes they can be physically removed if they must) my T level shot up to 1200 and my estrogen shot up to 178.  This is twice above what most normal women walk around with.  So needless to say my body was in a hormonal mess!!  I wanted to rip someones head off for looking at me wrong and I wanted to cry about it later. I immediately got on Arimidex to lower the estrogen level down to a comfortable level around 30 for men is acceptable (yes men need estrogen too).  It works extremely fast usually a day or 2.  Some doctors will give men like me that are prone to this problem a 1/2 pill every 3 days is fairly normal.

Now with all that written above I feel that most of us here share a common problem.  I too experimented with pro hormones, or the typical Over the Counter Testosterone boosters while going to the gym.  Ever since I tried those in my late 20's I have never been the same since.  Its as if it triggered something in my body to go into an early stage of andropause which is more common in men over 60.  

So how do I feel today.  Well my muscle mass has been steady.  Meaning I am neither gaining or losing muscle mass, as a matter of fact ever since getting treatment for Hypogonadism 7 years ago, I have gained about 18 pounds. Most of this is muscle.  How is my libido?  It comes and goes in waves.  I too still suffer from low libido.  I have to be stimulated to even think about sex.  I have yet to truely find a cure yet and I would love to get some input from others.   Sorry for the long spill, just wanted to share my story.
@cougercruiser  

I would definately get into the doctor and ask for a Testosterone Free & Total, might as well get a FSH, LH, Estrodial and DHEA.

The most interesting would be the T level.  I have seen more and more men in their 20's having andropause symptoms and every single one of them have experimented with either over the counter T boosters, or have actually experimented with anabolic type steroids.  Either way, it leaves your system screwed up and sometimes irreversible.  Not trying to scare you here, just think it prudent to be honest.
Because you have to, to  stop the aromatization... What's happening is your a becoming like a girl now...from not taking that. Read before you bleed! 1 every 4 days for every 400mg of test cy
Last year I hurt my back (SI joint) while playing soccer.  I was put on pain killers, muscle relaxers, anti-inflamatory, and prednesone.  Took a few weeks to get back into working order.  I started hitting the gym again and tried a supplement called 1Db overdrive and thyroid stimulant for 2 months.  After that I tried a pre-workout drink 1MR.  I remember when taking 1MR I had libido.  I would get erections randomly (more so than before taking it).  After a couple months with that my libido fell off the grid.  I've had zero libido since.  I don't feel horny ever.  I don't daydream about sex anymore.  I don't have sexual dreams.  I don't get horny.  I can have sex but it takes a great deal of physical stimulation.  That doesn't seem to work all the time.  I have gone to my GP and I have gotten my Testosterone, thyroid, and prolactin checked.  They all came out normal.  Not satisfied with the tests my GP ordered, I went and got my own test done.  Free T and total T are in the normal ranges, LH was normal, FSH was at the bottom of the normal range, estradiol was upper normal range, SHBG was mid of normal range.  I'm not sure what else to check.  My doctor referred me to an endocrinologist but they won't help me with libido if my T isn't low.  I'm currently looking elsewhere.  I'm considering seeing a therapist just to prove that it isn't the issue.  I just know it's a physical thing.  I can just sense something isn't normal with my body.  If I get an appointment with an endocrin, anyone have suggestions on what to ask for test wise?
I'm 44. Up until five years ago, I always had a raging libido. Suddenly, that all ended.

Concerned, I went to a GP, who referred me to a urologist. After running tests, the urologist told me my testosterone levels were on the high side, and that I didn't need testosterone supplementation - I needed a psychiatrist (since around that time, I was pretty bummed about some personal issues).

Over the next year, I did go to several counselors to chat. They were all useless. All the while, I slept well, ate well, never smoked, rarely drank, weightlifted, and did cardio stuff regularly. In fact, I can honestly say I had never been as fit. And yet, my libido did not return. I went back for more tests - that time, my testosterone levels were even higher than on the first test; yet, no libido had returned.

Desperate, I managed to talk a doctor into giving me some Androgel - but nothing happened to my libido. So after a week or two, I gave up on the Androgel. Other than that, I've never taken any supplementation or steroids.

Some years went by, but there has been no improvement. I went to see two different doctors about this last week. Both said there was nothing they could, and they had no idea what was going on. One tossed me a sample of Cialis and said, "you'd better used to this".

I have met some awesome women who I'd like to get close to, but because my libido has vanished, I can't really see how that could work. In other words, the disappearance of my libido has really affected my life, and not in a way I like.

The doctors have no ideas, I have no ideas, and it's hard for me to accept that I'll be here another forty years missing an entire part of myself.

Wow reading these make me feel better at least.   I am a testicular cancer survivor.  41 year olds, Like 17 years down the line from chemotherapy.   With 1 boy, I expect things to sometimes be out of wack...no pun intended.   Have been very lucky, in that I had somewhat functioning sex life even afterwards.   Had no luck getting pregnant naturally, but we did manage to do IVF and have a beautiful 2 year old son.   He is his daddys pride and joy.    Been struggling with low T for the last few years, have been using AndroJel and a compounded version down by a local pharmacy seems to be righting my T level as blood work done Tuesday has me above 'super low level' for the first time in I don't know when.   Should be happy, but the reason the blood work was done was because my libido is pretty much null and void.   It stinks, because I really want to be at least somewhat active and stimulated, but it is almost impossible at the moment.   I'm pretty healthy, like 5'10, 160 lbs, not much fat, not the most exercise-active, but lugging a 2 year old is almost enough.     After reading these comments, I'm a bit concerned that maybe fixing one is screwing the other.   I kind of hope that the body will self regulate, but its hard to be patient and not stress, but you know stress hurts it.   Ordered some thyroid work today so maybe that will help guide me a bit.   It's hard to get alone time as is with a little one but then when you do and things don't wanna work right, it's kind of devastating, and worse to the wife, who I know thinks its her.     Just glad to see others who are similar in some ways, maybe someone will luck on the solution and make us all happier.  
On one hand, Gentleman, I feel better now that I know I am not alone, but saddened that there does not seeem be an answer. My stupid doctor gave me some free viagra, but that did not work. My testerone is on the normal level. I describe my libido like a gas bbq on low....but I can never raise it too high. My poor wife is horny as hell but I am not interested. My first wife was cold as ice but I was a raging bull, but now....oh, the tragic irony of it all

What to do? What to do?
I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm a very healthy and fit 28 year old guy who noticed his libido suddenly slump about 7 years ago. It was still there a small bit if I didn't masturbate or have sex for about a week.
I have been tested twice by an endocrinologist and all is normal. He prob thinks I'm imagining it.
Then about a month ago I took this testosterone supplement called super beast nutrition supertest and my libido all bit vanished. Have just met a real
Nice girl for the first time
In a good while so really distressed about this. Hope
Someone gets some good ideas.
By the way jebby, I have the exact same symptoms as you. So similar it's uncanny. I don't know what else it could be.
I too have very high testosterone testosterone enanthanate, but zero libido and unable to get an erection  right now as wellbutrin took that away.  I don't understand that as it is supposed to increase dopamine.  I am at a loss.
I know this is an old thread but I thought I would just comment on my own experiences.

1. I am prescribed to take 200mg of Testosterone Cypionate twice a month. (1cc)

2. I was diagnosed with low testosterone in 2009 which is why I am on TRT. My T levels were around 150. So on the low end for sure.

3. My blood work initially looked something like this - Triglycerides 722, HDL 50, LDL 330 give or take (Might have those reversed but it's bad).

Immediately after starting the injections my numbers dropped almost over night. My triglycerides were down around 180, my ldl dropped to 245 (still high), and my hdl stayed about the same. Probably because I had the energy to move around, exercise, etc..

Now, all that being said here are two things I have personally experienced over the last 5 years. The first is, within days after my injection I have no desire for sex. I feel mentally clear and alert, I feel stronger, more energy, but zero desire for sex. The desire for sex comes back as the shot's half life begins to taper off around day 9, then I'm off to the races two or three times a day. Blood work I've had done the day after an injection put my levels over 1100. Clearly this is way too high. The excess T in my system is likely aromatizing in to estrogen which is naturally what the body is supposed to do if there is too much T - It's why body builders use drugs like Clomid, Novaldex etc.. to block estrogen uptake and ward of the ever feared "b1tch ****". The down side to this estrogen is a lack of libido, and erectile dysfunction. Jebby saying he has T levels of 865 and a higher than normal prolactin reading points to his body aromatizing the excess T in his body in to estrogen. Normal T levels should be between 300 - 600. 865 is too high. In the case of testosterone more is better to a point, and too much is bad.

Quitting the TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) - So I have done this several times. Here is the problem. Your body has a loop back system regulated by the pituitary gland in your brain. When your testosterone is artificially raised by an outside source of T, your pituitary gland tells the testes to stop producing testosterone - because your body thinks it has too much. The problem with stopping any type of long term TRT is that your body doesn't automatically turn testosterone production back on - if at all. The joint and muscle pains return, the fatigue, lack of libido, muscle weakness etc.. One thing that I have found in my blood work when working with my endocrinologist is that when I quit my TRT therapy my vitamin D levels drop well below 25. Vitamin D levels should be 25 or greater for normal. Mine have dropped as low as 12 despite spending time outside in the sun or eating foods and multivitamins fortified with Vitaming D. My calcium levels also shot up to 10.9. A normal level is in the 8 range. This is bad because I do not take any calcium supplements. What this means is that my body not generating or receiving enough vitamin D and is having to pull calcium from my bones and teeth - causing joint and body pain, and muscle pains - think of having the flu but without a fever. Vitamin D is key to your body being able to absorb calcium from foods you eat. It's why milk is fortified with vitamin D.

There are two approaches to solving both the problems. With the TRT I have had some success in breaking up my injections. Rather than inject 200mg every two weeks, I inject 100mg every week. Keeping my T levels in the 600 range and constant.

With regards to low Vitamin D it's important to ensure there is no parathyroid tumor (hyperparathyroidism). Once a tumor is ruled out and a PTH blood test has been completed. A doctor will usually prescribe vitamin D. Most over the counter supplements range from 500 IU-10,000 IU (international units). The vitamin d a doctor will prescribe you is typically 50,000 IU - an insane amount of vitamin D. Taking even 10,000 IU for 3-4 days a week for 8 weeks will dramatically decrease the bone, joint, and muscle pain you will feel. Vitamin D builds up in the body so here again this is one of those things where more is good but too much is bad. Don't go popping 10,000 IU of vitamin D a day or you may regret it. (Hypervitaminosis D, and hypercalcimia)

Anyways I hope this helps someone out there. It's been a long road for me, but lots of reading, research, and the right doctors have allowed me to have a normal quality of life. If your doctors look at you sideways when you bring your symptoms to them - seek out another doctor. It doesn't make you a bad person to get another doctors opinion. And you may end up seeing 6-10 doctors - keep going until you find someone who will listen to you and will take a genuine interest in your well being. I personally drive 460 miles to see my doctor. Sounds excessive, but it's worth me living a normal healthy life - and she's the only one I've found who wanted to solve my problems.
Jebby-  I feel for you and am here to tell you that I have the exact same problem.  Have you found a solution yet?  I know your post was a few months back, but again, was just wondering how you came out?  If you haven't, I can tell you what I found out, and what I'm going to try.  
I am a 53 year old male and I suffer from the same symptoms.  I have just had my blood work done and all came back normal.  Testosterone levels normal, no diabetes.  So now by looking at this post this is the first I noticed symptoms about libido issues.  I have just done a dramatic change on my life and have gone on Chantix to quit smoking which the last day will be Monday.   I have started to work out on a regular basis, 4 times a week.  I have dropped my drinking down dramatically.  I have been on a very good diet.  I am also staying quite active these days.  My motivation for work has gone straight out the door considering I have been a work horse for decades. My sex drive has pretty much done the same.  However I still do think about sex all the time.  Sometimes when I masturbate I can get a full scale erection and other times only half. The half more so than the full scale.  I take my vitamins on a daily basis, drink a lot of water.  I'm at a loss here.  In my 30s and 40s I was an animal when it came to sex.  Currently I have been taking these pills called "ageless male" and according to them it takes 6 months to take effect but now with see these previous post about Testosterone enhancers and that the body stops producing it naturally...that scares me.  I understand that I am 50+ years old but my life is not over sexually, I refuse to accept this as a reality.  It is almost like I can feel the rest of my body but in my groin area is like blocked...figure of speech.  I hope someone can come up with some answers here.  I will keep researching and going to doctors and trying to find out something.  This is very frustrating to say the least.