shrinking scrotum
i have an issue with my testicles actually moving into a little pouch inside my pubic region. i am 27 and am having a lot less sex than i was in the ages 18-24. i never remember this issue. my scrotum seams to shrink a bit and my testicles actually move inside and this is while i am erect.

i have put on weight but by no means am fat. i used to be an athlete and was 5'8 155-160. i am not 175. i dont know what this would have to do with i am just confused.

also i mean even when not erect i can just move a testicle into the small pouch area. i am just confused.
Hi there,
Thanks for your question. Well during the development of a male baby inside the mother’s womb the testicles are inside the abdomen and not in the scrotal sac. They descend just prior to birth.
Sometimes it is quite common for the testis to move slightly up into the pubic area but rarely will they go all the way up into the abdomen.
So you need not be worried. What you describe is quite normal.
If you have any further queries do get in touch with me.
Regards,
Dr Sylvester, MD
Hi Dr Sylvester,
I am an adult male and have an issue with a 'retractile testis' which I have been too embarrassed to formally enquire about. During arousal, cold, swimming or sport my scrotum shrinks to an excessive amount causing one testis to easily leave the scrotum. It is very discomforting and the testis needs to be guided in its descent with hand pressure. This inhibits intimacy as the testis needs to be prevented from ascending by placing my hand over the pouch area where the scrotum attaches to the body. As a young teenager I had an operation on the other, lower hanging, testis due to torsion perhaps this could have had some implication. I recently had a scare where the testis actually ascended higher then the usual pouch area in the immediate vacinity of the scrotum, and it had to be forced back down by applying hand pressure from my pelvic reigion and sliding down this resulted in feeling quite tender for a few days.
Is there anything I can do to improve or prevent this please?