Urology Community
stents and sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

stents and sex

My husband just had a stent removed 2 days ago. Will I be safe if we have sex?

meltamym, I think it would be alright after a week but I'm no doctor. All depends on symptoms I guess. I had a stent removed last Thursday and while the procedure went fine, I am feeling some pain when I urinate still. It only seems to hurt when my bladder is empty.

I know this is kind of personal, but I am also experiencing pain during erection, even semi erect on the underside of my penis and was wondering if your husband has the same symptoms? At least to know that it's normal. Has he complained about anything like that? It's been almost a week for me but I think I might wait one more before I call the doctor. What kind of stent was it? A ureteral stent between kidney and bladder or a urethral stent in the penis?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
If the stent has been removed then it is not advisable to have intercourse immediately and you should wait for atleast 7 days-10 days after stent removal so that complete healing takes place. It will be better to consult your husband’s operating surgeon and discuss about this.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

I am a  girl,, had my stent 5 weeks ago,, it is hell, I suppose to have  Shockwave Lithotripsy and my urinary track infection has not made it possible,, I have been urinating more blood than urine itself,, had tried 2 different kind of anthibiotics and is not killing it,, I feel hopless, depress, have to be in bed most of the time,, life seems so sad right now,,  my doctor does not communicate with me at all, he pretty much ignores me, he only gives me tramadol, and is not working,, tomorrow I am seen a new urologist and see what he will say to me,, I am desperate, if you have any info let me know please at ***@**** thank you
I just had a stent removal do e today after being in for 1 long, drawn out month! So far, very discomforting and still feeling bladder pressure like I have to urinate. When I do get some urine to pass, it literally feels like I peeing razor blades. It's horrible. Not sure if this is normal. I sure wasn't warned about this