testicle sore after urological exam
Two weeks ago I had a thorough testicular exam (extensive palpatation) performed by an experienced urological surgeon.  The exam was very uncomfortable. Worse, the week after the exam I had strong pain in my testicles
from the exam. After two weeks my left testicle is still sore. Is this normal? I have never had testicular pain before
the exam.

Do I expect the soreness to go away in reasonable time? I am not interested in an answer telling
me to see a urologist again, of course I will do so in due time. Rather I want to know if the pain
after the exam is normal.
I don't get why they would be sore from the exam unless the doc used excessive pressure when palpating them. If he did you would have felt pain while the doc was doing the exam. My guess is that that pain is probably caused by something else expecially since its lasted this long. Are they excessively hard/ swollen and or soft/ shrunkin. You could be constipated.  Then again Testicle pain isn't something to play around with and i would go to the emergency room and have the ultrasound done. Get you blood pressure checked too.
You didn't mention why you got the exam done in the first place?
This was a general exam, mainly to check for a benign cyst. So he palpated quite severely to absolutely make sure its benign. Of course also blood tests were done along with the exam, which showed that it is benign.
I emphazise that I have never had pain in my testicles before and it all started with the exam. I have spoken with my GP and he said that this pain may indeed result from the exam. But I would like to know whether this is common
Hey I just wanted to say you cant tell if a cyst is benign by feeling it or if its really even a cyst.  Blood tests also can come up normal even though cancer is present, they cant be used for cancer detection.
The doctor probably was making sure the lump wasn't located on the testicles.  The only way to safely say its a cysts is with an ultrasound and if what the they felt was not connected to the testicle then that may be how they made their conclusion of it being a cyst. Safest way is to have an ultrasound done.