thickening of bladder wall
Hi, my recent ct scan showed "diffuse thickening of the urinary bladder wall and mild prominence of the distal".
I will not bee seeing a specialist for a while so I was wondering if an expert would tell me what it may mean. Also happy to get feedback from people with similar stories. ty.
I am a 32yo male, who was recently diagnosed with mild thickening of the urinary bladder wall.  I'm really not sure what it means, and have posted a few questions on here with absolutely no response.  It has been about a week or so prior to my first appointment with a urologist this Thursday.  What caused you to get imaging done on your pelvis?

I went in to see my primary care physician for some mild aches/pains in my right groin, and testicles in July, 2010. The pain has been there since ~April, 2009. My groin/testicular pain occurred almost immediately after I had helped a friend/coworker of mine move 3000 lbs. of food for his church. Being the person that I am, I delayed having it looked into.  My PCP first ordered up a testicular ultrasound to rule out the big, and bad processes (i.e. cancer).

My testicular ultrasound came out fine for the most part. Hydrocele on the left, and small epidydimal cyst on the right as well as what might be some inflammation of my right epidydimis. The local doctor put me on sulfameth/trimethoprim for two weeks. I went in for my checkup last Wednesday, and she ordered up an abdominal/pelvic CT since my pain did not completely go away. Straight from the radiologists' impressions portion of the report:

1) Mild urinary bladder wall thickening anteriorly. Clinical correlation should be made for cystitis.
2) No inguinal hernia or lymphadenopathy in the inguinal region.
3) Mild disc protrusions in the lower lumbar spine.

I am most concerned about #1. Is the threat of bladder cancer very real? I have no visible blood in my urine, or any other signs of cystitis or any other bladder issues.  No burning while voiding, etc..  In fact, my urination behavior has been the same since the beginning of time.

My appointment with the primary physician that ordered the CT was this past Wednesday.  She said that cancer is highly doubtful, since I do not exhibit any behaviors/symptoms as well as no lymphadenopathy is present.

Should I be worried?
Were you able to get any resolution on your issue?
Hi:
Can anybody tell me what does it mean when your bladder has diffusely thickened wall, attributed to nondistention. I also have a 1.2 cm cystic lesion in the right hemipelvis, posterior to the right external iliac vein, of uncertain etiology, could representant ovarian cyst.  The symptoms that I have is lower right back pain, upper thigh ache/pain sometimes groin pain  and a balance problem no weight loss.  Thank you,.