Urology Community
urinary

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

urinary

i have been constantly suffering with urinary infection, pain on the lower side of my left abdomen, feel my tummy getting puffed up and pain unbearable. Want to often pass urine. what could be the reason? i have done an ult and they say that the urine is not flowing completely out of my bladder, some is still standing in the bladder. Consulted my doctor and they say that a surgery is required, do u think i really need one and does a Neurologist perform such a surgery?
Avatar_dr_m_tn

In absence of any UTI, other causes which may cause such symptoms are urethral syndrome, any blockage in the flow of urine like any scar tissue, injury (as in a car wreck or bad fall), blood clots, infection, tumors in the pelvic region, and stones, infection or due to disruption of the delicate and complex system of nerves that connects the urinary tract with the brain and the nervous system.

I suggest you an immediate urologist’s evaluation to check out these possibilities and confirm the diagnosis after investigations.  
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Thanks a lot Dr for yer reply. i did consult a urologist and he suggests that he would do a small surgery in my urethra inserting a tube. Do u think that this is the right procedure and could it effect me? can u suggest or tell me more about this as am ignorant. Will it be fine after this lil surgery. Plz help.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
What your urologist means to say is that he wants to insert a cystoscope which is a small tube having a small camera at the end of the tube and which can be used for diagnostic as well as therapeutic purposes. You can go ahead with cystoscopy.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.