Urology Community
why am i peeing out blood

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

why am i peeing out blood

a day ago i have been peeing out blood straight but i have no pains. within the day i would pee blood and at times it would become normal pee. The problem comes and goes. i would see straight blood mix with my pee but mostly blood that is think. i would see one or two blood cluts. ive been taking some sort of drugs that had harm my bladder and kidney. ive seen a doctor and has told me to see some specalist for kidney and get a blood test. how do i stop the bleeding? it comes and goes within the day so it is blood at most times and then uriane at times but mostly blood within the day
Avatar_dr_m_tn

When the blood in the urine is at the beginning of urination, it most likely comes from the urethra, (the tube from the bladder to the outside). Blood throughout urination is most likely from the bladder or kidneys or ureters (the tubes connecting the kidneys and the bladder).

Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen.

The treatment will depend on the cause of the blood in the urine.

My advice would be to consult a urologist.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

For the past 2days i have been peeing pure blood and at the end it comes with clots as if i am hsving my periods,and after that there is a lot of pain.I go to the bathroom more frequently and i cant even hold my urine for more than 10seconds