Vaginal Mesh - Surgical Repair Expert Forum
Have you had pain after mesh used for vaginal prolapse?
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about vaginal mesh implants used for Pelvic Organ Prolapse and certain Pelvic Floor disorders. This is also a place to ask questions you may have about complications you are currently (or have) experiencing due to a mesh implant.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Have you had pain after mesh used for vaginal prolapse?

Anyone else had pain, with sensation of heat, in groin, vagina, down leg into foot following mesh insertion and/or partial mesh removal?  I'm struggling with this; it's affecting everything I do so my mobility is affected; my posture is affected because I can't sit upright; if my left leg is firmly placed on a seat, or I sitor lie with knees together, the pain increases.  I want to waddle along with knees apart when I walk (like a gorilla!) my stride is shortened, and pain often varies depending on whether I'm walking up or downhill and when I try to walk any distance.  Standing hurts as well.  I'm so upset but want to channel that into doing something about this.
Related Discussions
242593_tn?1313867921
You describe many of the symptoms that women experience when transvaginally placed mesh malfunctions. Women with complications report pain at rest or with activity, pain with intercourse, and bleeding, in addition to those that you report. These can sometimes be relieved by removing as much of the mesh as possible, and i recommend this be done by a a well trained, experienced  urogynecologist or pelvic surgeon. Still, as a surgeon that removed a fair smount of mesh regularly, it may be possible to reverse some, but not all of the symptoms you describe. The key is to get a proper diagnosis of your symptoms, and a sense of what aspects of the mesh may be associated with each symptom. Thereafter, your surgeon may concemtrate on the mesh areas that have the best chance of improving your symptoms. After removing the problem  Mesh, I also send my patients for a 6 week course of pelvic floor physical therApy to help rehabilitate the pelvic floor muscles, and this can also provide some relief.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979