Vaginal Mesh - Surgical Repair Expert Forum
vaginal mesh and total histerectomy

This is a place to ask questions about vaginal mesh implants used for Pelvic Organ Prolapse and certain Pelvic Floor disorders. This is also a place to ask questions you may have about complications you are currently (or have) experiencing due to a mesh implant.

vaginal mesh and total histerectomy

i had a total histerectomy done october 31 2012 i am still n alot of pain when i have sex or walk around to long or even lay down and sit down..my husband is fustrated becuase he thought that once this procedure was done i would no longer b in that kind of pain...i got the procedure done at a hospital that is very far away from my home and since the follow up i have not been bac for another appointment..i am concerned about y im having so much pain but im scvared to find out that something else more severe may b wrong wit me
I would suggest you see a doctor for evaluation.  It is impossible to determine what is causing your pain with out evaluation.  From your post, it sounds like the pain was present prior to surgery and the thought was that surgery would eliminate this.  Also it is unclear if mesh was used to repair prolapse of the vagina at the time of hysterectomy.  If at all possible, it would be wide to see the doctor that did the surgery if mesh was used.