Vaginal Rejuvenation & Surgery Expert Forum
Postpartum vaginal health affecting my esteem and lifestyle. Help appre...

Vaginal Rejuvenation is surgery to tighten the inside of the vaginal canal, the opening of the vagina and supporting structures to improve sensation and sexual function. This forum is for questions that pertain to the following topics, Labia Surgery, Labiaplasty, Excess Clitoral Hood Reduction, Vaginal Rejuvenation, Vaginal Tightening, Perineoplasty and Hymen Restoration.

Postpartum vaginal health affecting my esteem and lifestyle. Help appreciated?

I had a baby 11 months ago that I placed into an open adoption. I had a vaginal birth with a 2nd degree episiotomy. I was stitched up and did not look into the stitches while they healed. I have noticed that my anus does not like up with rectal canal. To put it roughly, the hole does no line up with the tube. Recently, I began having sex again. It is not the same. I am looser, and the lining in my vagina is smooth and lacking. There is no plumpness. I have no sex drive and do not achieve orgasm (sex or masturbation). I also have had a bit of urinary incontinence. I am on yaz as a birth control and for my PMDD. It has not worked. I do not know what to do. I am trying ben wa balls now, and have done kegels for three months. Any advice is helpful as this is really hurting my sex life and self esteem?
Sorry to read of your problem.  Regarding your concern over your episiotomy, I would suggest you speak with your doctor or obtain a second opinion from a gynecologist or Urogynecologist.  A revision of the area, perineoplasty, may be indicated.  Complaints of low sex drive are common and may be evaluated by the above mentioned doctors as well.  Interesting. Is that birth control pills may cause decrease in sex drive by increasing binding of testosterone.  Again, doctors can measure these and other hormone levels to better evaluate and treat your concerns.  Thank you for your question. Dr. Mathews
A related discussion, Financial Assistance with Vaginal Reconstruction was started.