botox on cervix- please help
Hi there. Not sure if this is the right forum. I have a huge amount of cervical discharge but no pathogen or cause found. doctor has suggested cervical cauterisation, but i was just wondering, if botox injections were ever used on the cervix the reduce secretions,and if it is safe, as i know it is used for drooling and excessive sweating. I really need something done about this problem as it is affecting my life every single day.
Hi,  that's a really interesting question.  A quick search of the literature did not reveal any articles using Botox in the treatment of leukorrhea.  It might be something worth a try, however it would be off label use and  Botox is expensive.  Thank you for your question. J. Kyle Mathews, MD