Varicose Veins Expert Forum
Varicose Vein Pain

Welcome to the Varicose Veins Forum! This is a place to ask your personal questions about varicose veins and receive highly qualified answers from medical experts. You will also find other members who share your interest in the subject of varicose veins

Varicose Vein Pain
I have varicose vein in my upper, inner thigh that has been quite painful lately.  Is this normal?  How can you tell if you have PAD?  I do not have any pain in my calves when I walk or exercise but can feel pain when I sit or lie down.  
Thigh pain, especially when not aggravated by exercise, would not be consistent with arterial disease. Truthfully, unless there is a cluster of varicosities where the pain is it wouldn't be typical for venous disease either. A hernia or musculoskeletal origin would be more likely.