Aa
A
A
Close
Weight Loss Goal 25lbs safely while pregnant
Hello

I am 6 weeks pregnant with my first child and in love.  I just found out that I have gained 20 lbs over the past year because I stopped watching my diet and I stopped exercising.  Because I know I have gained 20lbs I would like to safely loose 25lbs so that I can make room for the baby and not spiral out of control. I am 5ft 10 and just weighed in at the doctor at 194lbs yesterday.  My doctor did not express any concern about my weight but I read that I can expect to gain about 25lbs during my pregnancy.  So my goal is to actually be this weight 194lbs in my before I deliver, not 220lbs.  I know my baby needs lots of vitamins and nutrients so I am taking my prenatal vitamins daily, but I need some goals related to daily calorie intake and probably exercise goals related to heart rate (cardio) and resistance/ strength training to help me with labor and delivery.  I hope that if I return to a healthier lifestyle while pregnant that it will make it easier for the weight to come off once the baby is here and I can continue my healthy lifestyle with my partner.  Please provide any solid medical advice, pointers, or encouraging tidbits that you think can help me on my way to having a healthy body for life and to assist me in being a good mother and example for my child.  

Thank you
NABs
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on Green Tea and Green T...
3 hrs ago
Blank
boluyawng commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
6 hrs ago
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
Sandman2 commented on Green Tea and Green T...
8 hrs ago
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1474485941
Blank
FL
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
1530171 tn?1448133193