Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Weight Loss Goal 25lbs safely while pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Hello

I am 6 weeks pregnant with my first child and in love.  I just found out that I have gained 20 lbs over the past year because I stopped watching my diet and I stopped exercising.  Because I know I have gained 20lbs I would like to safely loose 25lbs so that I can make room for the baby and not spiral out of control. I am 5ft 10 and just weighed in at the doctor at 194lbs yesterday.  My doctor did not express any concern about my weight but I read that I can expect to gain about 25lbs during my pregnancy.  So my goal is to actually be this weight 194lbs in my before I deliver, not 220lbs.  I know my baby needs lots of vitamins and nutrients so I am taking my prenatal vitamins daily, but I need some goals related to daily calorie intake and probably exercise goals related to heart rate (cardio) and resistance/ strength training to help me with labor and delivery.  I hope that if I return to a healthier lifestyle while pregnant that it will make it easier for the weight to come off once the baby is here and I can continue my healthy lifestyle with my partner.  Please provide any solid medical advice, pointers, or encouraging tidbits that you think can help me on my way to having a healthy body for life and to assist me in being a good mother and example for my child.  

Thank you
NABs