Business woman2
Weight Loss
queenmama1618External User
I been trying to lose weight for a few years now, but no luck. With 2 total Knee replacements on 1 leg, and Degenerated Disk Disease, my excersises are very limited, What else can I do to lose weight???
Limited physical abilities make diet so much more important.  You need to figure the number of calories you need/day to "stay alive", then decrease that number in order to lose weight.  The calculation is based on current weight, height, age and activity level.

Talk to your doctor about trying yoga.  There are yoga routines for nearly every level of ability, all the way from losing big time, to chair yoga for seniors.  Not sure if you're a senior, but maybe chair yoga would be a place to start.

That said, since you can't get a lot of exercise, you will have to limit calories in order to lose weight.

You'll need to center your diet on lean meats, dairy, veggies (lots of veggies), "good" fats, some fruits (limited because of the sugar), whole grains, nuts, seeds, etc.

You'll need to calculate your needs and go from there.  I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
Business woman2
queenmama1618External User
Thank you so much, but I had a set back. I had a heart attack...I try to walk every day, but be out of breath after 1 block. Recovery be for awhile, cos I have 7 more blockages. I start losing weight, and I watch what I eat
I'm very sorry to hear about your heart attack.  Of course, recovery comes first.  Once you have recovered, I'd still recommend that you discuss with your doctor about doing yoga; it might help prevent another heart attack.  

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.