Weight Loss & Dieting Community
WeightWatchers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

WeightWatchers

I just joined WeightWatchers (New Year's resolution, anyone?) and I like the idea of weighing the food I eat.  All of their scales are just so expensive though.  Anyone know of/have good recommendations for a good kitchen scale to use for cooking?

Thanks, all!
If you're tight on money go to a good will or second hand store. I got a large scale (up to 2kgs/ 4 lbs) that is definitely not the best, but it's helpful for me to get some idea of where I need to be. I also went to one of those cheap stores, like the dollar store and found one that goes up to 500g/1lb this is better for the smaller things and I use this to measure out my meats and other fatty things I've got to be more precise on. Walmart might also have a half decent scale at a reasonable price.

By all means save up for those fancy scales. I know I'd love to have one, but right now all I need is to know I'm not totally over doing it because weight can look different than it is. However, even if you're just approximating, not completely over doing it on the servings will help you loose weight.
I work for Memorial Herman in Houston and they order scales scales on a monthly basis. I would suggest shopping around, but when I started my weight loss program I checked out this site's kitchen scales. They had really fast shipping and the best prices around. They have different prices and types, surely one will fit what you need. Good luck with the weight loss.
I work for Memorial Herman in Houston and they order (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_scale) scales on a monthly basis. I would suggest shopping around, but when I started my weight loss program I checked out this site's (http://www.digitalscalesaz.com/Kitchen-Scales). They had really fast shipping and the best prices around. They have different prices and types, surely one will fit what you need. Good luck with the weight loss.
Check your local Walmart, other discount or office supply store; my husband bought a low cost postage scale, that I sometimes use to weigh my food.  Works great. I believe it goes up to 4-5 pounds and measures in ounces, pounds, grams, etc.  Yard sales and thrift stores are also good places to look.
I belive I got my scale from walmart, and I love it, it also measures in grams, pounds, ounces etc, and it even came with a removable, basket type container that sits on top. I think it was less than 20 bucks
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
MH Community Mgr is excited that she already... Comment
KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
Jun 30
Track your weight over time