Will someone give advice with diet and exersize ?
I am stuggling with trying to lose a few lbs. I am a thin person, and do not want to bulk, but want to lose a few lbs. No matter what your opinion of whether you think I should lose weight, i would like to know what I am doing wrong.
Take a look at my food diary for April 25-this is typical.
I am 23 year old female, 5' 11" and around 140 lbs. I used to be 125 and have gained some the last 2 years and want it gone.
I walk at a fast pace 5 1/2 miles and stretch 3 days a week, other 3 I do 1 hr yoga and 30 min pilates, with one day off.
Is that too much, not enough, Is it the cause of my ever growing thighs and calves- I thought walking helped burn calores, therefore lose weight not gain muscle.
I am very frustrated and need some guidance.
Thanks so much for positive feedback:)

Hi Penny

I did take a look at your food diary and the biggest thing I can see is that you aren't getting enough protein or enough calories.  

Just a quick calculation using your age, height, weight and activity level, you need 2197 calories/day to maintain your current weight.  Since you want to lose, aim to either eat 500 calories less or use up 500 calories more.  It's usually best to do a combination (eating 250 calories less and using 250 calories more).  

Walking is good exercise and it will burn calories.  If you don't take in enough calories, your body will hold on to what is already there, for fear that there will not be enough food to sustain it.  

How do I get past that point of my body holding on to what it has and it letting go of it? I have always heard that if you burn more calories than you take in, you will lose weight? Is that not true? Also, Could I be bulking up my legs by working out too much, in the hopes of getting a thinner thigh, they seem to be growing in size. Is that possible.
My measurements in the food diary are balll park ammounts in the fruit and veg portions. so maybe it is more....
Thanks for your help:)