Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
After weight loss, stool is yellow - help!

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

I'm a 22 year old female and recently I've decided to jump off the couch, laying around watching t.v., to lead a healthier lifestyle so that I can look forward to a longer life.
I've been doing a lot of strength training in and outside of my home as well as aerobic exercise and cardio (walking/running for 30 mins. max. each day).
Along with exercise, I've been eating healthily - lots of water, fruits, veggies, grilled chicken, and whole grains.
Within two weeks, I've lost 5 pounds (is this a normal amount to lose in such little time?), and this morning I had a bowel movement that was yellow in color and slightly spongy.
Is there something going on in my body that I should seek medical attention or is this normal for a period of weight loss?

Thanks in advance.
1 Comment
Healthy stools are light brown and easy to "get rid of".  Since I started eating more fresh fruits and veggies I have noticed a big difference as well and often have 2 BM's a day now.

My guess is that you are fine but I am not a health professional.