Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
Cant lose weight

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

Cant lose weight
i am a 24 year old female and i am very health conscious, about a year ago i put on weight and now weigh 74 kg's, i eat healthy  and gym and play squash 4 times a week, but have not been able to lose even 1 kg, as i am getting married in a months time and it is starting to worry me, i have no idea what is wrong as this is not normal. please help
Hi!

You don't mention how tall you are - that gives a better sense of what a reasonable target weight might be for you.  The fact that you play squash a few times a week suggests that you're pretty fit - but you don't mention anything about your diet.  You might find it helpful to keep a very detailed food diary for the next two week - write down everything you eat or drink, and generally how much.  You might be surprised by some of the choices you make - keeping a food diary usually helps people start making some healthier choices without even realizing it!
hi am 1.56 tall, i drink plenty water and have cut sugar out of my diet as much as possible, i eat very healthy.
i am very conscious of what i eat, i have been basically eating salads every day for lunch the past two months,to try help with weight loss. but i picked up three kgs.

i am just at my wits end.  
Maybe your calorie count is too low for your activity levels??  Sometimes being too strict or restrictive can hinder weight loss.  Just a thought.  
Keeping a food diary is a good idea.