Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
Cant lose weight
About This Forum:

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
1567718 tn?1295431420
Cant lose weight
i am a 24 year old female and i am very health conscious, about a year ago i put on weight and now weigh 74 kg's, i eat healthy  and gym and play squash 4 times a week, but have not been able to lose even 1 kg, as i am getting married in a months time and it is starting to worry me, i have no idea what is wrong as this is not normal. please help
Discussion is closed
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
921323 tn?1268679412
Hi!

You don't mention how tall you are - that gives a better sense of what a reasonable target weight might be for you.  The fact that you play squash a few times a week suggests that you're pretty fit - but you don't mention anything about your diet.  You might find it helpful to keep a very detailed food diary for the next two week - write down everything you eat or drink, and generally how much.  You might be surprised by some of the choices you make - keeping a food diary usually helps people start making some healthier choices without even realizing it!
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
1567718 tn?1295431420
hi am 1.56 tall, i drink plenty water and have cut sugar out of my diet as much as possible, i eat very healthy.
i am very conscious of what i eat, i have been basically eating salads every day for lunch the past two months,to try help with weight loss. but i picked up three kgs.

i am just at my wits end.  
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
Maybe your calorie count is too low for your activity levels??  Sometimes being too strict or restrictive can hinder weight loss.  Just a thought.  
Keeping a food diary is a good idea.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now