Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
What can I expect after taking Phentermine for 4 months?

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

Hi, I a 22 year old senior in college. Because I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, it has been a battle for me to get these last 15 lbs. off. I'm in no way over weight, but it was frustrating considering I worked out hard everyday and ate healthy. I decided to go to a local Weight Loss Clinic because I had already exhausted my options, and they prescribed 30mg of Phentermine as an appetite suppressant.

I didn't really realize the risk of dependency or how powerful this drug could be. I went from 150 lbs to 140 lbs in about a month and have stayed there, although that isn't my ideal weight. However, I didn't want to become addicited or reliant on a Rx.

I stopped taking phentermine yesterday, and I am terrified of gaining weight. Before you say, "Phen helps support a LIFESTYLE change...you can't go back to eating what you did." I know, okay? Please be honest--will I gain weight? Have a drastically and permanently altered my metabolism?

Advice please. and Honesty.

You make a great point that weight loss medication like phentermine is not a long term weight loss solution.  If you do go back to old habits, you might expect to gain back the weight that you lost.  But the good news is that you're in a good starting place and you are still motivated to keep it going.  Good luck!

Dr. B
www.theflexdiet.com
hello. i am 135 and 5'6. i maintained my weight without phentermine and somewhat occasional use here and there. it does train you on how much to eat. i couldn't eat a big meal even if i try. i get full right away. because on phentermine, you eat very little portions and i find myself making better choices. Your stomach does shrink when you don't eat alot, so if you keep up with watching your calories and not overeat or eat past the full feeling, you will be fine. it just takes some self discipline but it's def up to you on how you eat and when you stop yourself. If you go back to eating alot, then your stomach will stretch out and of course you'll be eating more.
i AM LOOKING FOR PHENTERMINE 37.5 IMPRINTED WITH 159 A . I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AND CAN NOT GET THE PHENTERMINE I USED TO GET YRS AGO. I AM WILLING TO PAY $150 FOR 30-40 PILLS . IF ANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW - I HAVE A PAYPAL ACCT AND CAN PAY ASAP OR SEND MONEY ORDER OR CASHIERS CHECK - I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BEFORE WITH SOMEONE POSTING THEY HAD PHENTERMINE FOR SALE AND OF COARSE GOT RIPPED OFF. PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP CONTACT ME . GETTING MARRIED AND TRYING TO LOSE AN EXTRA 20 LBS IN 3 MONTHS. THANK YOU SO MUCH EMAIL IS ZEBULON.***@****