Sex after cervical conization

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Sex after cervical conization

Hi everyone.
I had HPV of high risk level on my cervix and I had a surgery 5 days ago. My doctor told me that I shouldn't have sex for at least 1-1.5 month but as I'm in a relationship it is a little bit difficult. I assumed he was talking about vaginal penetration but I was too embarrassed to ask my doctor, so my question is, is it ok for me to just have oral sex, manual/mutual masturbation?

Thank you for your help :)
Sexual intercourse should be avoided for about 3 weeks after conization and complete healing of the cervix takes as long as 6 weeks. Intercourse, oral sex, masturbation  and/or the use of vaginal tampons during the early healing period may cause significant bleeding and infections, and these activities should be restricted for at least 2-3 weeks.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations, and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.