Strep B/chronic yeast ? anyone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Strep B/chronic yeast ? anyone?

My doctor recently confirmed that I have a "colonization" of Group B strep in my throat. (I am also very prone to step A infections) After doing some reading I realized that this poses no reasonable risk but it is what originially landed me in the doctors thats worrisome. I have had re occuring yeast infections for the past year (about 5x this year). They are very servere and seriously alter my life physically and mentally.For a while-they didn;t know what was causing my symptoms but a blood test confirmed there is no underlying chronic illness or STD weakening my body...I honestly dont know where else to turn for advice. I have been a vegetarion for 12 years but otherwise am a normal (healthwise) 22 year old female. Is it possible that high stress can weaken your body to this incapasity to ward of disease?
yeas stressm weaken the immune system and inturn allow the baby to become prone to more infections. as well as a lack of protiens and meats. try asking ther doctor what supplements he would recommend since you are aveg. and you constantly getting yeast infections. and strep well you know if someone snezzes or coughes on you you could get infected. goodluck sweetie
Ok Group Strep B is present in the gential (genital) tracts in 40 percent of women so it's not that rare! Here is what I did to help cure it. It's hard to elimate Strep B, but with supplements you can make the environment it lives in hostile, This is what I did. It might help with the throat as well. There are spray versions of some of the items in the list below.

Ok I too am someone who has Group Strep B and is NOT pregnant. I believed it started after I overused antibiotics like Diflucan and Flagyl to help with horrible itching I was having in the feminine area (vaginitis).

When the itching finally stopped after 5 Diflucan, I was left with yellow discharge and a diagnosis or Group Strep B from my gyno. I had changed the PH balance of my feminine area and that is what make Strep B overgrow.

The gyno tried to give me Boric Acid Suppositories in hopes of changing my PH but that didn't work. Penicillin helped but still a yellow discharge was there. Finally I did alot of internet research and tried this! It worked! White clear discharge and maybe one yellow dot at times but clearing 110 percent better. Read on

Take two tablets twice a day unless stated below- All can be found in the healthfood store.

Bee Propolis
Grapefruit Seed Extract
Super Echinacea
PH-Basic (plant caplet to regulate PH- 5 a day)
Vitamin C (1000mg) - might be one tablet
Colloidal Silver (only once a day)

This worked for me within HOURS. This is the first time I haven't had to wear a pantyliner in 6 months! I had great results with this, hope it helps. Btw other people have also tried Garlic clovers or capsules added to this list with success, but I didnt.
You don't need antibiotics for a yeast infection.  I stopped using antibiotics due to my strep B.
Here's what you do:  take a clove of garlic and peel of the dry flaky layers.  Then with your finger mail make a couple of slashes in it.  Insert it into your vagina overnight.  Yes!  Into your vagina.  Yeast cannot grow if there is garlic around, it dies.  The garlic well not hurt you, but you may get a strange taste in your month.  In the morning, remove the garlic and throw away.  Repeat for a few nights till your symptoms go away.

As for the strep B. Just take go care of your self, avoid all man made drugs, for this will only worsen it.  Eat yogurt, drunk lots of water, take vitamin c , and get plenty of sunshine.