20 days and still bleeding heavy ...lots of clots?
I am 37 and i have always had pain full periods all my life....but i have never had bleeding this long....I crmp all day and night and had to go to wearing pads becuase i was bleeding thru tampons...went to the health dept who sent me to hospital ER...where they did a pelvic and sd i had very little bleeding and sd it looked as if i was stoping ...well i explained i was non my feet for several hours prior to the exam there fore i was not bleeding as much as before i came in they did nothing for me sent me home with pain pills ...which i am already on pain meds for a back injury here i am 20 days later and hasn't stopped as they sd it would I don't have a regular gyno...I know bad, bad!....but i am unemployed right now and have no insurance. and suggestions? I don't know who to go to or what to do i have never had this problem before! any would be apreciated...(not pregnant..had 2 test doon a week ago in ER)also had a tubal doon 15 years ago...burnt and tired)...
Thanks,Leah
I dont know if this will help or not but just some insight...When my mom was in her 30's she experienced something like this.  When she had her periods she had them for a longer days than she normally would plus she too had to wear pads and would still bleed right through them (TMI i know).  She was passing huge blood clots everytime she had a period...she went to several OB/GYN's that just sent her home saying it was normal and she was too young for any time of change in life.  Finally the last OB/GYN she went to listened to her and she ended up having to have a hysterectomy.
I dont know where you live but here our social services office has OB/GYN's...I dont know if they will actually listen but its worth a shot.
Good Luck!!
Thanks so much as i have had painfull period all my life at this point would wellcome a hysterectomy...just finacially i am not able to do that will looking to ob/gyn centers thanks !thought the health dept would help but only sd they could help if i quit bleeding? ugh1
Thanks again,Leah
hi

i may sound a little thick to you, but how did you get your tubes burnt and tied? and wouldnt just 1 thing work and not both?
i had the same problem as u and im 21....the ER did nothing for me...my gyno told me it was a hormonal inbalance n switched my BC..it stopped but now i have it back
re:  no not being harsh at all! ...I had both burnt and tided because at that time doctor felt i was to young to have hysterectomy...and i had and extremmly hard time with giving birth with my second child...this was there suggestion and just followed that i didn't want any more kids and didn't need to ever get pregnant again , so i went with what they suggested....
I am currently on day 20 of my period, which at this point is very light.   I am on the pill...continuously, so as to get rid of my periods.  

I've also always had insanely heavy and long periods, but this is a large deviation.  

I also did not have health insurance for the majority of my adult life and have only recently been to the gyno for the first time in 10 years (last child and tubal, cut, tied, and burned).  

I have been in and out of the dr.'s office.  Turns out I have fibroids, cervical cancer, and endometriosis.  We're thinking hysterectomy is the only option for me at this point.  

You need to find a way to get to the doctor.  
ahhh!! i have been on for seven months none stop, two weeks of brown spotting and two weeks of heavy heavy bleeding, i use a tampon and night pads and still manages to stain my trousers.. i feel runned down. i went to the doctors and they said i need to take tablets to make my period reguler, i did it and im still manging to bleed. and im so desperate to have a baby aswell...xx
im 31 for last 3 months my periods av been  16 days long  where as this month 20 day s  i went to doc whi gave me 10 days of hormone tablets to try cut the bleeding  these did not work  im also on tranexacid anyway because i have always had heavy periods im back to docs in morning  and im so scared  that it could be the big c  i have regular smears as in past i  had abnormal cancerous cells  removed  i am getting so worried  i have been on net searching for answers   av seen that  tampons getting stuck av caused longer periods and also  std n stis  i would advise everyone to go to gp n keep going do not leave  ask for second opinions n  3rd ones if need be i know  how it can worry you im tired all time enemic now  through blood loss  n i get dizzy shakey  in day  and feel like im going to collapse which is destroying me as im on my own with my two boy s one of which is severly disabled and needs me for everyday  tasks i hope you all get answers and they are not bad  but please do get checked n keep pushing till u get answers
I am 43 yrs old and have had heavy clotty periods all my life they also lasted from 7 to 9 days each month was put on bc to regulate them and it worked then had my children and my tubes tied and everything seemed ok, my cycle went back and periods went back to what they were when i was a teen (heavy clots and 7-9 days), but manageable until i found out i am hyperglycemic and also put on wellbutrin for depression and now i have been bleeding for 20 days heavy and egg sized clots, dr is sending me for a pelvic us  but not sure what they are looking for, and ideas
Simple...they tie them then they cut them then thay burn them...Its a regular routine procedure round my neck of the woods...ijs