8 weeks Pregnant with no morning sickness is this normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

HI!
  Well this is my first pregnancy, and im about 8 weeks pregnant, and im really having no morning sickness is this normal? Occasionally ill get sick but not like i thought it would be like. My friends all told me how awful it is and how they were sick everyday throwing up all the time. I have only thrown up 2 times, im not complaining or anything i just want to make sure this is normal. thanks
Yes, I never had any morning sickness.. and I have three kids. Good Luck! -Happy Holidays.
You sounded like I did. I am almost 16 weeks pregnant and did not start with the m/s until the middle of the eighth week/start of the ninth. I was so worried and just waiting for it to start to prove to me all was okay...

Welllll, 2months later, it has just started to go away,,,and I say GOOD RIDDANCE! I have been so sick (not throwing up too much, but just nauseous ALLLLL DAY and ALLLL night)

Good luck, I hope you are luck like the previous poster, but if not, don't worry it is on it's way!!!:)
Im 8 weeks too! you should be thankful you are not nauceas all the time! so far I haven't thrown up once! yeaaa I'll get queasy and that's it! it goes away! be happy you are one of the lucky ones!
we are all different and so our bodies will react different and will have different symptoms! =) good luck!
Hi! I have 2 little boys & I never got morning sickness at all with either of them. Consider yourself lucky!
Your safe...I was ill for a few days with my dd, and vomitted for 16 weeks with my son.  It could go either way, and doesn't dictate whether or not you are having a healthy pregnancy.  Relax about it...every single pregnancy is different.
I know it makes you wonder if things are going well, and you expect to get it, but I have several friends that never went through any or much sickness at all.  Me, I had morning sickness before my af was late, with all of my pregnancies and lost considerable weight, it went on through to the 5th month with my first son and with this one I got a little lucky and it ended around 18 weeks.  It was very hard for me to eat and even now at 24 weeks have had a hard time putting on any wieght yet.  Be thankful that you are feeling well, don't worry, you'll feel pregnant soon enough, congrats, I hope you continue to feel well!
I havent had no morning sickness at all none whats so ever... adn im 9 weeks pregnant today!!!! well good luck and you should just think about the situation like i do... we are the lucky ones!!!!!! yeah for no morning sickness
megan
Im nearly 19 weeks and i had no morning sickness either, just nausea every now and again.  I thought it was strange but i did a search on the internet and it said that some women get it some don't.  I'd say we've been pretty lucky!! :)
You are so lucky! My mother-in-law never had any m/s with either of her pregnancies except when she vaccuumed. Congratulations on your pregnancy and on your lack of morning sickness. I am almost nine weeks and have been heaving constantly since 5w6d. Best wishes!
when she vacuumed? lol i bet her house got oftly dusty! was it the vibration or noise? how curious!!
My best friend is being induced tomorrow morning and I don't think she ever threw up at all during her entire pregnancy.  There were a few times she got sick to her stomach, but for the most part she breezed through these past 9 months with no majorly annoying symptoms.  Sounds like you may just be one of the lucky ones!  :)
Thanks everyone! I do feel lucky so far hopefully it wont come lol...Thursday is my first baby appointment so im pretty excited! Thanks again to all!!
Yes, it is perfectly normal not to have morning sickness.  I never threw up during my pregnancy.  A really great Home Economics teacher told me how to avoid morning sickness.  Keep a glass of water and a few biscuits or cookies next to your bed.  Before you jump out of bed in the morning, assess your nausea situation and if you think you might be quesy, eat the biscuits slowly as you drink the water, and wait.  Don't be in a hurry, just wait until your stomach is settled.  

Some pregnant women throw up every day and other women never do. Throwing up takes more nutrients out of the body than just the food lost, and it can cause permanent damage to teeth and gums.  Just know that not throwing up is better for your health and the health of your baby.  Count your blessings, and be thankful you are not 'normal'.

im 8 weeks an had no signs at all well i get the odd pullin pain in my lower tummy mainly at nite that mite be a sign what do u think
not everyone has symptoms! some peolpe have the odd pains here and there, maybe sickness,but some people get hardly any symptoms, i had a bit of sickness and few pains at 5-6weeks, now at 15weeks i have nothing!!
when i was pregnant with my ltl girl i never had any sickness at all no nausia no cravings its not a problem at all count it as a blessin and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!!
Wow.. to read all these comments about NOT beeing sick during pregnancy makes me think what i do wrong lol. Im 21 weeks and still nauses and vomit. Docs keep telling me it will easy of, but im just sick of hearing that. I been feeling like this since 6th week.
Although it may not feel like it since almost 80% of pregnant women experience morning sickness, it really is perfectly normal to not have to deal with it at all!

There are many reasons why you might not be feeling that pregnancy hallmark.  I'm 8 weeks from delivering baby #5 and have done LOTS of research on morning sickness - both the "whys" and the "why nots"!

I put together an article about causes for morning sickness - but it is very helpful in figuring out why you may not have it, too.  For each cause, the opposite may be true for you.

http://www.morningsicknesscompanion.com/morning-sickness-normalsevere/
I am 8 weeks today, and haven't vomited once! I was really concerned because they say morning sickness shows a healthy pregnancy with a lesser risk of miscarriage, but then I also heard, some women get it and some don't.