Abdominal pain around the navel

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Abdominal pain around the navel

Hi, I get this severe pain around and in my navel,it feels like my intestines are being tied into knots and being pulled from all directions.Once it starts i can't even walk or stand straight because it hurts even more, any idea what this might be? it's been happening for years i have seen two doctors but it seems they don't get what i'm talking about.It is not appendicitis because my appendix was removed,please help
Is it to the right of the navel?? I think I read online about some people having a pain like it and it being kidney stones. Look up kidney stones or go on xxxxx.xxx and use the symptom checker on there and browse through what it comes up with.
Thank you ,i just checked the symtoms (symptoms) i don't have them, the pain is more above and below my navel, but it's more painfull above it
Hi. I also have the exact same problem as Jabu. Mine has also been around since I was a kid. Am a 21 year old female. I cant stand upright or walk. Can only lie on my side in a forced position. I have gone to so many doctors to find out what it could be but no one has ever understood what am saying. Did you find out your problem Jabu? The pain is so intense and it feels like something behind my navel is being twisted into a note and the pain radiates to surrounding areas. Of course with ultra strong pain killers, the pain dies down within 30-60minutes. But i can still feel it slight about 12-24 hours later, sometimes ever 48 hours later. Please someone help... What could this be?
I just wrote a message about my situation now because i notice that i always have pain in my navel sometimes strong sometimes not but i wonder why. About 3 months until now still there is a pain please help me what can i do now.

email add: wench_nhening***@****
I too have been having pain around my naval, though mine is on the right side of it. I have been to my PCP, the ER, and a gastrointerologist, all doing test after test and finding nothing wrong. I often have nausia, and constipation, which leads me to wonder if it's my intestines. It is such intense pain and it is constant. It gets so bad that I ponder death just to make it stop!!
The intense pain is similiar to mine except my stomach spasms are caused by a partial lower bowel obstruction.There is no relief and no comfortable position.  
Watch your diet.  Avoid raw vegetables and citrus.  Google a low-residue diet/low fiber and follow it regiously.  Managing what I eat has helped a grest deal.
Good luck!