Abnormal Bleeding and Pelvic Pain...

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Abnormal Bleeding and Pelvic Pain...

I have been experiencing mild to moderate lower right quadrant pelvic/abdominal pain for about a month.I was also experiencing mild nausea and extreme fatigue.I went to the doctor and had a CBC, urinalysis, pregnancy test, and metabolic panel done. All of the tests had normal results. The doctor attributed the pain to some constipation I was experiencing at the time and also suggested I see my urologist to rule out a kidney stone.I visited the urologist, but xrays were not able to be read due to constipation.I took a strong laxative and the constipation has not returned. About 5 days ago, I started having some abnormal vaginal bleeding along with extreme abdominal pain and discomfort. I take oral contraceptives and am on the second week of my pills. I had a normal period that started Oct. 18 and lasted about 3 days. I visited the doctor once again. I had a fever of about 100, so they did a CBC to rule out possible infection. I also had a pelvic exam and pelvic ultrasound. The gynecologist felt some puffiness on the right side around my ovary and fallopian tube and thought that it was either infection or a cyst. Both the CBC and the pelvic ultrasound had normal results.He gave me antibiotics and said to just take them and see if they worked. I'm just really frustrated. Does anyone have any ideas?
Avatar n tn
From your symptoms, I would say it might be a cyst.  especially if you are having pain on one side of your abdomen.  I was diagnosed with a complex cyst in june and was put on BCP and now it is gone.  However, I still have a little bit of pain but not nearly as much as before.  Are you getting pain down your leg as well?   That was a sure sign that I had a cyst.  Your US will detect cysts.. good luck.

Gina
Avatar n tn
Yes, I am having terrible pain down my leg, but the ultrasound could not find a cyst. I'm supposed to go back to the doctor tomorrow....still bleeding, having lots of pain, and fever. Hopefully they'll be able to figure it out soon. Thanks for your comment!
First off i am not pregnant and am not on my period. A few weeks ago i started my period. It was normal and then 6 days after it ended I started having light vaginal bleeding but not to much. It has lasted 13 days and is getting more heavy. I am not running a fever. But my boobs are sore, back aches, and light pelvic pain. (Just like period cramps). Is this something that I should be conserned about? Do you think its cervical cancer? I am making myself sick being worried about this. I am not on any birth control. so my pills or not messing it up. PLEASE HELP ME!
Shannon79, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
17 mins ago
Shannon79 commented on clean_in_ks's status
22 mins ago
Shannon79 commented on photo
24 mins ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals