Abortion pill

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Abortion pill

So I took the abortion pill last month on january 12 I bleeded for like 2 weeks. But now I want to know if anyone knows when am I suppose to get my normal cycle back?? Anyone that can help me out comment please thank you!!!!!!!

If you used the abortion pill Mifeprex, it can take up to 6 weeks - generally 3 to 6 weeks after using this pill.  I've also read it can take up to 8 weeks.  If you took the "morning after" abortion pill, your period should be due around 4 weeks after taking it, but everyone varies in times.  If you took it almost a month ago - January 12th - then I would be expecting your period anywhere from now until the next week or two and if it doesn't come then, then I would see a doctor for more advice.  Hope this helps, good luck to you :)
I second what Anewlife4me said, it can take up to 2 months to get your normal cycle back. Personally I had 2 periods in one month then was late by a week the following month then went back to my normal periods. Remember these pills have a lot of hormones so an irregular period isn't that abnormal after taking these.

Just be extra cautious and make sure you use double the protection from now on. (Especially because you really shouldn't take the pill more than 2x a year due to all the hormones.)  
Business_woman3
Please if you can help me, I want to know is this pill available on the counter or I have to see a doctor for getting it.
Please help fast.

thank you
I am pretty sure that you have to visit a planned parenthood or other type of clinic to get this pill... They have to check you, make sure you really are pregnant and in between 6 and 9 weeks, give you the first pill to stop the pregnancy then afterwards, you have no choice but to take the other two pills (usually by placing them in between your teeth and cheek) until they dissolve. You will go through some pain (it differs between women) and then once the fetus passes, the cramping usually stops. You then have to go back to the clinic in which you purchased it from to make sure that you have passed the pregnancy and be sure that you aren't pregnant anymore.
gjjl commented on gjjl's status
gjjl I have a leak and now am ha... Comment
LandM2009, and Belle313 commented on LandM2009's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals