Additional vaginal opening
My concern is as crazy as the title suggests.  I have recently noticed that I have an extra vaginal opening down there.  Not real sure what is going on and I was unable to find anything remotely related on any type of website.  It is a very small opening just above the vagina.  Any ideas???
Yes, it is the uretha, where the potty comes out.  
tmv
hmmm....very small like urethra small? Is it on the perineum or in the vagina? I honestly don't have any ideas.
It is about the size of the urethra.  You can draw a straight line - urethra, unknown opening, vagina, anus.  Four openings total.  That's why I said it was crazy.  I'm 33 y/o and pretty knowledgeable about the female anatomy.  Thus my concerns about this matter.  I'm not sure how long it has been there, although I just had an annual in December and the Dr. didn't say anything.
tmv
I still am not sure, if I run onto anything I'll give you the website. All of us are very unique and made with differences. I'm sure it's something benign.  Sorry about the other comment. We have had a lot of children playing around on the site lately and maybe she thought this was one. Take care, tmv
tmv
I just wanted to add that this site is so great! It's so good to all give their comments and put our heads together to help each other!
There is something similar to this, I don't remember what it is called but a woman can have technically 2 vaginas, a wall is formed inside the vagina that separates the 2 side of the vagina.  Some women even have 2 or more uteruses(sp) and cervixes (sp).  I've seen diagrams of girls that have 2 complete reproductive systems, a vagina that leads to it's own cervix that leads to its own uterus and then a second vagina that also leads to it's own cervix and uterus.  This is not usually discovered until pregnancy or if there are issues into teenhood.  So it's possible.  Are the 2 'vaginal' openings right next to each other?
tmv
The openings are called fistulas. But, if I understood it is anterior to the urinary meatus.  Way back when in nursing school, I remember learning about catherization in women that if you inserted the catheter and did not get urine we had to leave that catheter in place and insert a new one into the other opening. I think that some women just have a malformation or some type of fistula there. I'd have it looked at during the next exam, but it should be ok if nothing is leaking out of it.
I'm sorry, I wasn't not taking you seriously.....You didn't state that there was a total of (4) openings, and some women actually do NOT know that there are 3.
Are you sure that it is an OPENING?  Has your Dr. ever noticed it?  Do you know how long it has been there?  hmmmmmmmmm............
This is gross and probably won't help you, but how far does it actually go? Like is it just a pit or does it go up a ways like the vagina? I'm asking out of curiosity mostly. Just trying to understand what type of "hole" it is? I am very suprised a doctor hasn't said something. If a doctor hasn't mentioned it, it may just be something benign and nothing worth even mentioning, like a birth mark. We are all different. I would be very curious about it if I found it on me, though. I would be asking lots of questions, too!
I appologize for my lack of knowledge...but....are you serious????? there can be two uteruses with two cervixes?? i mean, i've heard of bicornuate uterus.......but two separate ones???????? wow!!!! that amazes me!......i will google it and try to get more info on it so i can be more helpful here....
Do women (i know, silly question...) that have this condition have 2 separate menses???? like, do they 'bleed' from both openings???......
darn!, it would suck if your uteruses don't coordinate and overlap in timing ...and you have 2 separate menses a month...........wouldn't it??? enough 'bug' is having one......
It's called a uterus didelphys, possibly including a septate vagina. And yes, it means you can have two completely separate uteruses.
I too was born with two openings in my vagina. The first time it was noticed by a doctor was on my first pap test and I remember telling the doctor he put the speculum in the wrong hole and he looked at me as though I ws crazy..well as it turns out it was checked by another doctor who recognized the condition right away and said that I would have to have surgery before giving birth..Well I ended up  getting pregnant and gave birth without the surgery so it literally tore mei in half and I had to have so many stiches it was unreal..As a teen I noticed it while trying to use a tampon. It was caused by medications that my mother took while she was pregnant with me.I don't havve two uteruses though. Hope this helps.!
This is "crazy" in a good way. I am glad I'm not the only one.  A few years ago I noticed that when I put a tampon in I would still have bleeding outside the area. About 5 times as an adult I actually have two tampons in at one time. I felt weird because I didn't know it was there. I know that sounds gross. How do you think I felt. I pride myself in staying fresh & clean, esp arund that time of the month.  I asked my boyfriend to look, because obviously I couldn't.  I was right there are 2 openings. I'm definately going to do more research on this. Thanks everyone for their comments
OMG, I just noticed that I have two openings too!  I was a little itchy and decided to take a look...I've never seen it before and no doc has ever said anything.  I'm freakin out!  I'm 32 and just has my second child 6 months ago....both by c-section.  Gonna call the doctor STAT!  Did you ever find anything out?
Just to clarify normal anatomy for anyone who may be curious: A woman has three key areas in her vagina which could be considered "openings." The top one is the clitoris (many women confuse this with the urethra), the bottom one (closest to the anus) is the vaginal opening.  There should also be one in the middle, between the clitoris and the vaginal opening.  This is the urethra.

The vaginal opening is the opening to the birth canal.  It is also the place where tampons (etc) may be inserted.

Above that (and directly between, in fact, hidden by the labia minora) is the urethra.  This is the opening through which urine passes.

Above the urethra is the clitoris.  In a woman, the sole purpose of the clitoris has no function other than to give pleasure.

I hope this is useful to someone.
i have recently noticed 2 to 3 openings right below my ureathral opening and i am going to a doctor tomorrow. 3 years back i was diagnosed with intersisticial cicytis and new did any tests but took the medication until it made me too sick.. i just recently started feeling swollen and had pain in my bladder again and once i checked it out i was shocked to see more than one bladder hole!! i dont know how this has been over looked.. wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted! you all have givin me comfort and ill post what the doc said tom!
i have the same thing you need to go to a gyn it is a thin lair of skin that make two sectons i am 22 and just now told the doc and dont worry about till you know how have a mri done to findout how far the lair of skin gose up.
hi i am a teenage girl. today i put in my first tampon and when i began to pull it out i noticed another opening that i could see the tampon through. Is this what you had? is it safe to put the tampon all the way out with the two holes? And does it matter which one to put the tampon in?
Hi everyone. Im 23 and have 2 kiddies. Ive never been told if i have when ive been checked over/ vaginal birth that i have 2 vagina hole openings. But when i have intercourse, sometimes its normal, but on rare occasions, it feels too tight and causes a lot of discomfort! Sorry for tmi, but its not because theres not enough lubication but i can generally feel the difference. I would make my partner pull out and retry and its feels like its back to normal. Would i only be sure by going docs? I never knew it was possible until i saw you ladies comments