Adult women with Strep in the blood

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Adult women with Strep in the blood

I just found out a friend of mine has Strep in her blood. She doesnt know much about it she says, or she just doesnt want to talk of it. I searched the web for info, but im a little confused with the results im getting.

For anyone who knows about Strep, Is there any info you can pass to me about it?

Is Strep in the blood a class A, B or C?

Is it contagious?

Is it life threatening?

How does someone get it?

Is there a cure?

Thanks to anyone whos able to help me with this. Im looking forward to learning more about it.

If by chance youd like to contact me with information on it you can email me at ***@****

Mahalo!
I was just pregnant but the pregnancy ended in week 9 ,,,no heat beat,  When I was pregant i had a culture done and came back group b strep  I have always had vaginal cultures and were always negative for group b strep and std.  The worst i have had was yeast infections.
I had a D&C proceedure since the pregnancy did not go well, had another culture done and came back positive for group b strp w/ a little yeast.

I am treating the yeast infection w/ full on treatment & to get the PH level back.  We are not treating the Strep B for I have been told antibiotics will not help.

I am really scared for we want to try having a baby soon.  The only symptom I have is slight burning.  I have no itching and not much discharge.

Any advice
I am a 60yr old female, I have been suffering all the symptoms of a UTI for many years, continual  path tests have revealed no infection, continual itching, inflammation in the vulva, vaginal area and a continual urgeto urinate have almost driven me off my head,also severe gastrointestinal pain with so much seveity it sent my blood pressure sky high, never had high blood pressure in my life, Finally a medico who happened to be on duty one evening suggested taking a swab, after having to bear it all for so many years i decided it was the way to go.Bingo, the result  was strep agalactaie, heavy growth, so off to another gyne, he looked at me like i was nuts and asked me what he was going to do with me, brrr I am not the professional, another waste of my precious hard earnt dollars. Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated as the anti-biotics i have ingested ver the years have depleted the immune system. HELP HELP HELP PLEASE. I lso forgot to mention the continual rectum tching as well.Any help will be appreciated.