Anyone 43 and pregnant?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Anyone 43 and pregnant?

I am 43 yrs old. I recently remarried about 3 months ago. I kept telling my husband one of us needed to have something done because neither of us wanted anymore children. He is 13 yrs older than me but in excellent health. I'm in very good health also. I have a 26 yr old son from previous marriage and a beautiful 3 1/2 yr old granddaughter. My husband also has 2 grown daughters and 3 grandchildren. I can't take the pill or the shots, so I asked him to get fixed, well he was thinking about it...but we waited to late. Just took a test and it is positive. I'm only a week late but I'll be going to the doctor this week to make sure. I'm still in shock. I've heard so many stories about women my age having down syndrome babies. But you know, the more I think about it, I think it will be fine whatever happens. For me there is no alternative. I will have this baby and love it no matter what....I'm just very scared...I think it's the staying in shape to keep up with being able to care for a baby/child as it grows.
Tags: pregnant
I think you wil be fine. Down syndrome can happen to anyone at any age of course...I'm 31 & I still think about it, Most of the women I go to the doctor with are 35 & older and futher along than I and there babies are fine. I am also worried about being able to keep up with this little one when he's born. I plan to have my baby & take a couple of classes to stay in shape. That's all we can do. Good Luck to you!!!
Thank you so much! I'm starting to feel alot better about things. It's taken a few days and now all my family and friends know and they are very supportive and totally excited! That definetly helps! I'm now to the point that I can't wait!!! I hope all goes well with you!! God Bless!! :)
KTowne commented on hansen20's status
KTowne commented on photo
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals