Are You More Fertile After Miscarriage? True or False

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hey ladies... I recently had a miscarriage and DH and I are looking to try again.  I've heard that you are more fertile after a miscarriage- does anyone know if this is true or just rumor for someone who would really like that to be true (me)?!  The bleeding has pretty much stopped, though it picks up a bit after sex but then stops again, so I think my body is done getting rid of everything...  Has anyone else had a m/c and conceived shortly after?  I'd love some stories that would envoke hope :)  Thanks!
HI I HAD A MISCARRAGE (miscarriage) IN DECEMBER 2004 THE FIRST TIME WE WERE TRYING FOR A BABY IT HAPPENED THE FIRST MONTH... WE WERE SO EXCITED, I WAS 11 WEEKS PREGNANT AND HAD JUST STARTED TO TELL FAMILY AND CLOSE FRIENDS AND I STARTED BLEEDING THE DAY AFTER... WE WENT TO THE HOSPITAL AND IT CONFIRMED I WAS PREGNANT AND JUST BLEEDING THE HEART WAS THERE AND IT WAS FINE I JUST HAD TO TAKE IT EASY.. I STAYED IN  BED FOR 2 WEEKS AND THE BLEEDING CONTINUED VERY MILDLY, TWO WEEKS TO THE DAY I LOST THE BABY, I WENT STRAIGHT TO THE HOSPITAL AS THE PAINS WERE SO BAD AND HAD A D&C (CURETTE) TO REMOVE ANYTHING THAT MAY HAVE BEEN LEFT OVER, TWO MONTHS AFTER I HAD HAD THE MISCARRIAGE WE STARTED TRYING AGAIN. IT TOOK US 3 MONTHS TO FALL PREGNANT BUT WE WERE TRYING SO HARD THIS DAY AND THAT DAY IT WAS BECOMNG STRESSFULL AND WHEN WE SAID THAT THIS WAS THE LAST TIME IT HAPPENED WE DIDNT PARTICULARY TAKE NOTE OF THE DAY BUT KNEW ARROUND THAT TIME IT COULD HAPPEN. WE HAVE A VERY HANDSOME BABY BOY (BLAKE JOHN)... HE WAS BORN 10 POUND 10 OUNCES... SHELL...
sometimes true and sometimes false. It depends on if the baby did any damages to your body. but sometimes if you are lucky. Yes you are a bit more fertile than usually. that's one reason why they tell you after a miscarriage wait some weeks before trying again
That's what I was told after M/C and after the birth of my DS. If you don't want to get preg again be VERY careful. If you do then still be careful and let your body heal and get back to normal before trying. Otherwise it could result in another M/C. At least that's what the doc told me. Good Luck...
I can say that yes it is possible to get pregant right after i had one last year in jan. and 2 days into after i passed it i got pregant with my now 9  month old son and i am trying to have another one with my new husband and we are having trouble now if anyone can give me some input on this please feel free to
Hi, Just to share my experience.  I m/c naturally in mid april 06 at 5 weeks and bled for about 7 days.  Once the bledding stop we resume our sex activity.  Priase God, after 1 week from my m/c i got pregnant immediately after 1 try.  God is amazing and He gave us this wonderful surprises.  So all things are possible.
Well, my story has a different outcome unfortunately. I had natural m/c very early on end of May with no D & C. I felt good after bleeding only a week and went ahead with trying to get pregnant again when I knew I was ovulating 2 weeks later. Here I am 2 more weeks later and had positive pregnancy test a few days ago but another m/c started last night. Again, very early so hopefully symptoms will be mild and natural discharge. People had told me to wait but I was eager to try again and worried more about waiting long time as I'm 36 and just trying for first time. My midwife was surprised I got pregnant so fast after first m/c so don't know if b/c more fertile after 1st m/c or just like that in general. The first time I got pregnant on 2nd month trying so maybe just my body and nothing to do with m/c. I wish you luck with pregnancy after m/c! I now am eager to try yet again but will wait 1 to 2 months though I don't agree with it. There's really no research to support waiting if natural early m/c. Remember 1/5 women under 35 and 1/4 women over 35 have m/c so it's not that rare to start with. Good luck!
i have just had a m/c last week at eight weeks. i never thought i could get pregnant without help as i have low level of ovulation. however now i am so scared of falling again and going through m/c again how can i get over that fear. my heart goes out to anyone with these bad experiences.
the doctors say i had a miscarriage, well 2 doctors and it has been almost 2 weeks ago now, what i have read from some other posts are they conceived again only a week later! how can you're body do that if you were prego and that halts you're eggs from dropping???

really curious, cause if it's true i want to try it!

also i have a question i hope some of you can help with!!

MY HCG LEVELS KEEP RISING, and it has been close to 2 weeks now! shouldn't they have started to drop like soon after???

it has the doctors stumped even!!

they have done numerous ultra sounds and have said they can not find anything in my tubes nor uterus no gestational sac was ever found, that my uterus has thinned back to pre pregnancy size....i only bled for 3 days, but it hurt like heck!! i was 5 weeks along...

can anyone shed some light??

Brandy
Your HCG levels should not be rising if there is no pregnancy found. Checkout misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com for more answers
I am pregnant after miscarrying twins in Nov. of 07.  I am shocked because my boyfriend and I used condoms everytime we had sex.  Anyway, my period has come down 4 times in a month and a half.  What in the world?  Huh, my doctor put me on birth control pills to regulate my cycle, but now I am pregnant, what gives?  
I had a molar pregnancy 7 months ago.  I had no idea what this was but it turns out that cancer can form (even after a d&c) if not all of the pregnancy is removed/passed.  The only way to tell if you have the cancer is if your HCG levels rise.  The good news is though, that it has a 100% cure rate with a small dosage of chemo in shot form.  Ask your doctor about a possible molar pregnancy.  I wish you the best as I know how hard it was - so emotional.  We had to wait 6 months and then could start trying again.  Best wishes!

i had a missed misscarriage at 16 and half weeks.. had my d&c 3weeks ago and am still bleeding..been to the hospital 4 a scan and they said that all was fine but i had a slight blood clot on my uterus was just wondering if there anyone whos had the same and what the outcome of theres was.
i had a complete misscarriage 1 week ago, im only 20 but eager to try again:( would a baby stand a good chance if you started trying straight away? only had some light bleeding for a few days and not much pain minus the stress/worry.
there have been plenty of women who miscarry and then get pregnant right away and everythings ok. but doctors suggest waitin a cylce or two before trying again
I have read several post online and even spoke to my doctor.  I miscarried almost a week ago, and he said we could start trying again asap. I was only seven weeks along so he said I wasn't far enough for it to bother anything if I did get pregnant right now.
The reason they use to tell you to wait 3 months is so your body could regulate and start a new cycle and they could track the due date. This later became wait one month so they could track from your LMP but now with Ultra sound Machines they say it doesn't matter because they can track it. I have heard you are more fertile after an MC and you can get pregnant fast. As some women have to wait until their cycle resumes to become fertile again.  I wish you all the best ! GOD Bless!
Hi , I had a m/c on the 4th july i was 7 weeks so i expected my cycle to be like normal but my cervical mucas appeared later than normal and has stayed much longer. Does this mean I am more fertile or is it my hormones playing up. as I should be due for my next period now but I get the feeling it's nowhere in sight. What's going on?
from slc03
i had a missed m/c and had to have a medical management of a m/c yesterday it was the worst thing i have ever gone through and the pain was terrible i had morphene which was a life saver i was only 5 weeks gone but we had been trying for a year, it is so unfair and we wanted this baby more than anything in the world i feel so empty this morning and i dont know what to do with myself !! we want to try again but im so scared that it might happen again or that it might take another year because my cycles were so long before hand around 45days!! has anyone with irregular cycles who have had a m/c found that it helped your cycles or made them worse or the same?? and how long can i expect to bleed for?? thankyou
I had an ectopic or (tubal) pregnancy in July.  I was 6 weeks.  The dr gave me methotrexate to stop the growth of the baby.  I bled for about 5 days very heavy though.  I had my blood tested every week until my hCG was back down to zero.  The dr gave me the green light to start trying right away.  I don't think I've ovulate yet, but I haven't been really paying attention.   We have been trying for about a year.  I was taking a lot of fertility medication and think they may have had something to do with the ectopic from some of the articles i've read.  We are going to try on our own for about 6 more months then maybe IVF.  
  This has been the saddest thing I've ever been through. It's been about a month ago and I still feel really empty and sad everyday.  Best of luck to all.  
last sunday I spotted and cramped for about 3 hours. I went to the hospital and they told me I was pregnant and was probably miscarrying. I had a positive test monday and tuesday and negative one wednesday and thursday negative. I went to the doctor today and he said that that the line was so faint and said that I was probably not pregnant and to come back in 6 weeks. I am so confused because most of you have said that that you bled for days and I only spotted for a few hours. The other thing is that when they take my lood I show up pregnant and when they do the urine it comes up negative.
I had a misscarriage at 5 weeks, i bled a little than the rest came out and a few days later i had more of it come out i bled for about 7 days and had cramping for most of that. It was hard for me to get pregnant in the 1st place because of my tilted uterus so therefore i have to either put pillows under myself or tilt my body to even get pregnant i have been told that you were more fertile after a miscarriage and am hoping I get pregnant again with out having to do the tilt! anyone else have to do this to get pregnant and have had the same expierence
hi
i had a miscarriage 5weeks ago i did a preg test 2weeks after as told this was negative so we decided to start trying for a baby again.
yesterday i did 2 pregnanct tests both posative i was so happy to be pregnant again so soon but when i saw my docter he told me theres a chance im not pregnant that its my hormons still high from my micarried pregnancy 5weeks ago im booked in to to have blood samples taken to see if my hormones are increasing and i also have to go for a scan but i wont know for sure for three weeks.
has anyone els been in this situation ? what was the outcome?
im going mad not knowing. does anyone know what my chances are please let me know many thanks xx
Hello, Im thirty-eight years old. Married 10yrs (second). A physical trainer. I was told 12yrs ago that I could not have anymore children. My son's are now 19 & 16. However, during that time I had went under infertility to clear up the endo that was located in my tubes and became a cement wall that did not allow sperm to get through. Anyways, after two laps. I was told that there was only 1% chance of ever having another child...again, that was 12yrs ago. Surprisingly in March...I noticed that my period was late..something that had never happened before...but I was told by my Gyno that I was most likely going through pre-p-menapause. Seven days after that news...I went to a FP clinic...took a test, and two hours later..found out I was pregnant! six and half weeks!  Excited was an understatement! Called my husband and my mother first...They told the rest. The pregnancy was going smooth, great infact..I reached my 14th week, was having a little tugging going on below and my stomach had strunked..Sooo, went to the doctors...they had taken some urine and blood...then told me they needed to take an US...I knew something was wrong...just did not know what...Long story short...As the tech was doing the US...she was pushing down hard...There was no heartbeat...NO HEARTBEAT!! all I seen was his little body, but no signs of life...They tried to shock him...three times...Nothing..They had me carry him for two weeks and three days..Dead..They would not give me a D&C because it was a still birth and he was still connected...Finally I had him June 6th, 08...The lost was hard...but wanting to try again...Here it is Sept 08' and my husband will be flying back down during the OV time and hopefully...we once again...our final time...Succeed. Im praying that GOD will allowed us to bring another angel in our lives to stay,  because one of his angels he took.  back...  Nervous but Hopeful....        
i had a miscarriage on sunday i was about 6 weeks gone according to the docs dates i have very irregular periods an it is very hard to track ovulation,  i was thrilled when i became pregnant after 8 months of trying then when my baby was taken from me on sunday i couldn't contain myself i am longing for a baby.....i want to start trying asap the bleeding has nearly stopped is it safe to start trying again? i am sorry to hear the stories that every one has been through its a horrible tragic situation and i wouldn't wish it upon any one is any one can gove me any advice about this i would be very grateful thank you.  big cuddles for you all :o( XXXX
It is some what comforting to know that I am not alone in what I have been going through. I had a miscarriage a week ago today and it has been really hard trying to cope with the loss. I was only 7 weeks pregnant but i had just begun to get used to the idea when we lost it.

I was wondering if someone could give me their opinion on some thing. My job consists of looking after two toddlers. I have no problem looking after them but one of the moms just had a baby and the other is as pregnant as I was. The thought of going back to work and being surrounded with babys and pregnant ppl scares me to death. Is it stupid of me to not want to go back to work on Monday? Or should I just suck it up and deal with it. I'm confused as to what I should do and any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also, i want to start trying again, is it safe to say that once all the bleeding has finished it is ok to start trying again?
i had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago i was 20 weeks n i was so excited about having a baby i had tried so long when i was married and had no luck with him but was so happy to find out i was prego when i got with my now boyfriend .. i just wanted to know if im more fertile now after a miscarriage ???? has any one gotten prego right after a miscarriag ...i mean ive been trying snice 2 days ago is it ok ?
I was 9 weeks into my second pregnancy I started spotting on friday then had an ultrasound on monday which revealed I had a missed miscarriage, my baby's heart has stopped at 6 weeks and 5 days.
I am also eager to start trying again, we tried for this pregnancy for 7 months.
A close friend of mine miscarried last year and fell again after 1st cycle, and now has a healthy baby boy, she put's it down to being more fertile after losing her baby.
I was told by the midwife that they do prefer you to wait until you've had 1 normal cycle, but if you do fall before then it doesn't necessarily mean that the pregnancy will end in the same way just that it makes it more difficult to know how far along you would be without an ultrasound  x
i am/was 5 weeks pregnant but started bleeding two nights ago all the doctors are leaning towards m/c but i have still got pains like period pain i was just wondering how long everyone had there pains/cramps for after m/c.
bec, I'm sorry you're struggling with this.  Your question is confusing,  though.

It sounds like you are in the early process of miscarrying.   If you are,  likely your cramps will get stronger until you actually miscarry.  It doesn't sound like you have done that yet.  Then,  the cramping will stop almost completely but the bleeding will go on for awhile - likely as long as a long heavy  period.  

Best wishes.  Does your doctor want to save what you miscarry so they can be sure you've passed it all?
im 6 weeks pregnant for the second time, first resulted in an ectopic! not something i would wish on anyone, resulting in my left tube been removed, 4 months later im hear again, only not so straight forward doctors thought i was having another ectopic, so went to theatre found nothing. hcg going up slowley sometimes doubling, ive baffled the docs but know ive got quite red blood, thinkin i could be loosing! i no how ya all feel, ****!
so basically would be good to hear if ya are more fertile after a m/c? what should come so natural to all, so painfull when it doesnt, like an emotional rollercoaster!
i just had a miscarriage at 8 weeks i started spotting lightly at 6 weeks went in for us everything was fine bleeding then picked up at 8 weeks 1 day went back in for ultrasound everything looked great hb was 164 beats a minute the dr said i prob tore some placenta and to take it easy well the next day i miscarried complete no d&c i bled for 3 weeks mostly spotting in the end i was wondering when will i get my cycle it has been 6 weeks from miscarriage date i had unprotective sex once but do not think i was ov  my breast are sore and i feel bloated like i am going to start my period but no spotting or any other sign if anyone can answer please do i am ready to get regular so i can try again this has been devestating feels as if something was ripped from me my sympathies are with you all
hi, sorry to hear your sad loss, the docs told me within 4-6 weeks can excpect your next period and everything should go back to normall. But if you are getting pregnancy symptoms and have been tryin quite poss you have fallen on, they do say with all the hormone you are more fertile after a m/c. Dont think i will be waiting for my next cycle and missin the chance to have something ive waitied so long for. They only like you to wait for a cycle for dates. hope you have good news!
I am so sorry to hear so many stories of loss.  I had a miscarriage too, around the beginning of September.  I can relate to the very empty feeling as well as the feeling of having something ripped away from you.  Even with the support of my husband and other family members, I felt VERY alone.  It certainly doesn't help that there are two women I work with who are pregnant, the wife of one of the guys I work with is pregnant, my sister is pregnant.. the list goes on and on.. it seems like everyone I know is having babies but me.  It is disheartening.  I got so tired of everyone saying "Don't worry, it'll happen".. because it feels like it never will.  After the miscarriage, I decided that I was going to try waiting until January before trying again, but with the arrival of my first normal period, I'm starting to get anxious about trying again.  I'm hoping that I will be more fertile after my m/c (I was about 5 1/2 weeks when I miscarried)- though we were pretty lucky before- I got pregnant after just a few weeks of trying.  Good luck to everyone.. cross your fingers for me!
My DH and I were TTC #1 for 11 months.  We found out we were preggers early Sept.  For about a week, I was spotting brown.  i was told that was 'ok' b/c it was brown - which meant old blood.  On Oct 15th, after 1 week of continual spotting, I felt that something wasn't right.  I made an appt. for Oct 16th and during U/S, there was no heartbeat and the yolk sak had started to flatten.  I chose a D&C b/c not only could I go through days of waiting to 'naturally M/c' I wanted the tissue sent to the lab to try to detrmine a cause.  Went back on the 24th, DH and I were given the greenlight to try again & pathologist report showed no known cause for m/c.  I have heard from my Dr. that ~80% of women are more fertile after m/c.  Since I have a 'fairly consistent menstrual cycle' (anywhere from 24-36 days) that fertility drugs are not rec'd.  DH & I REALLY want to be preggers soon.  I have found online places that sell clomid (fertility drug with great results).  I am thinking about getting clomid w/o my MD prescription if we do not concieve (conceive) within 2 months.  Any suggestions?  DH & I are really ready for a child.  Our age is 'getting up there' and we are just ready.  Thanks.  My heart  goes out to all who have lost a little angel.  may we all get to see them one day.  God    Bless
I found out I was pregnant with our first child early August.  I went for my 8 week appointment and the doctor could not find a heartbeat, so she sent me to the ultrasound office the following day for a closer examination... and the ultrasound tech found a heartbeat!  She said the baby was only measuring at 5 weeks, 3 days, so we must of calculated wrong.  We followed up 2 weeks later for a repeat ultrasound just to make sure the baby's heartbeat continued to get stronger, and we had lost the baby. :(  It had only measured 6 weeks, 3 days... so the little guy died only a week after the first ultrasound, which of course had given us so much hope.  
That was Spet. 19... I didn't want to have surgery so I opted for the less invasive pills to carry out the miscarriage instead of a D & C.  I bled for about a week and a half.  And then the bleeding stopped for about a week... and I started spotting soon after.  It wasn't really "bleeding"... it was more brownish spotting.  Some days were heavier than others and sometimes it would be more "bleeding" than brownish spotting.  I had my HCG levels checked periodically after the miscarriage and they were decreasing "nicely" as my doctor put it.  I also had an ultrasound and examination immediately following the miscarriage and things looked fine.  I was worried that this lengthy bleeding was my hormones still trying to get back to normal and I would have to wait for a period to come on top of that.  But I just had my HCG levels checked on Oct. 29, and they were at 3... so I am assuming this was just a freakishly long period!?
As you can imagine, it has been a difficult time of grieving and processing the loss... and despite the fear that this could happen again, I am anxious to start trying again.  I feel like I want to take charge of my life again... and feeling proactive about trying to conceive again is one step I want to take.  But my doctor always ends her phone calls with "be sure to use condoms until you have had two periods."  I want to start trying again (even though I might not even ovulate this cycle) because I want to have hope again that this can work for us... and not trying makes me feel hopeless... but I am afraid that trying so soon after a miscarriage might cause another one to occur.  Why else would my doctor tell us to wait?!  But I have gone online and read up on it and there seem to be so many different opinions out there... I was wondering what you think...
hi, just been reading your post sounds like kinda what ive been going through only they think my pregnancy was a blighted ovum when the sack keeps growing and your hormone level keeps rising, wasnt until last week were i excperianced really bad pains to went to the early pregnancy unit, that they examend me and confirmed i was m/c, in the kneck of the womb i had placenta and pregnancy tissue. was dreadful wouldnt ever want to have to go through it again. this was my second pregnancy first was an ectopic, me and my chap are devestated been goin on for 5 weeks, scans blood tests know its all over, where in the same situation as regards contraception, really dont wanna have to wait, we got told to wait for one period which could take 4-6weeks. Find it so hard cos no you can be more fertile straight after a loss, but my doc said with my previous history, they ned to know dates so like you to have one period. So just gotta wait for a bleed. Know its the wright thing deep down, then we know our dates for next time, Touch wood all goes well 3rd time round and we dont have to wait as long for another posotive test good luck t you! x
Dr.'s really reccomend waiting after one period to try again after a loss. I got miscarried Jan.'03 and got my Feb. period and then missed Marches period,cuase i got pg with my son.
I have a question about ovulation. I had a miscarriage the beginning of Sept. 08, metho shot Sept. 17th, and finally HCG levels bottoming out on or before Oct. 6th and bleeding one more time for about three days. I just had my first period, which was about 29 days from when I bled starting Oct. 3rd-5th. My question is will I ovulate around day 14-15 with this cycle, or could I still be very irregular with my periods for the months to come? Could I ovulate sooner than that or later? As of now I believe my cycles are on track (every 28-29 days, but not for sure). I was pretty regular before I had the miscarriage. We would like to try again as soon as possible. Any advice would be great!
You are more fertile, I had a M/C at 10 weeks after trying for a year and  a month of loosing the baby i fell pregnant again, this time i have a healthy 3 month baby boy, my partner and i are now trying for a girl as i have 4 boys! they say to have intercouse 3 days leading up to ovulation and stop 24 hours before you ovulate, is that right?
Well, I understand a Miscarrage (miscarriage) can be a stressful thing. I had one and I was devasted. I wouldn't worry about a Moler pregnancy though. They don't happen every offen. and even less women get cancer from them. There are some women who have them. But I woundn't worry about it. Just make sure and keep you doctors appointments. And just let it happen naturely. when feel like you want to have sex again just go ahead and see how everything turns out. Don't stess its the worst thing you can do.
hi/i'm in the same boat/i had a missed miscarriage on 10*20/spotted for only 3 days/i've been naughty and me and hubby bd everyday until 11*15 then on 11*20 i spotted only when i wiped the next day i didn't spot but the day after that i spotted gain/i took a hpt and it was the bfn/do you think it was to soon to test
i went through an mc at 4 months at the end of june. being this far, it was the most painful  thing in my life i have ever or will ever go through. I had no forewarning, no bleeding, no pains, and the day of my ultra sound i took my 3 year old step daughter with me so she could see her new baby brother...they had no idea what happened, no theories, no assumptions, nothing at all. all i got was "these things happen are you going to get dressed?" i was a pile of emotion on that stupid bed and still know nothing more of why the mc occured. all that is to say, i started birth control but stayed on it not even a couple of weeks. im still not pregnant and am curious if anyone might have the slightest idea....is something completely wrong with my body? after my d n c ihad all my follow ups, everything was fine and normal, and no irregular bleeding occured...do i just have all the bad luck?
hello everyone  i had a m/c in november and i had to wait a month to see a doctor to make sure everything pass, i seen the doc and my doc told me everything looked good and to wait two months before trying again but me and my husband  didn't want to wait so we have been trying , a couple of days ago i took a pregnancy test and it came out pos. i am not sure if it is from the miscarriage or if i am pregnant again but i hope for the best good luck to all of you out there that are trying to conceive again.. i believe that doctors should put more information out there about pregnancy after miscarriage for those of us who want to get pregnant again as soon as possible
I too agree that doctors should put more out there about miscarriages and the post-questions..I am 29 years old and recently went through a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks. It was our first pregnancy and I had gotten so attached to being pregnant and planning our life with a little one on the way...no complications, very healthy, I even quit drinking caffeine!! When my husband and I went in for our 8 week first visit everything was fine and we could see the fast little heartbeat. At our 12 week, we were excited to actually get to hear the heartbeat and see how much bigger she had gotten. We were devastated as my doc told us there was no heartbeat and the baby was the size of about 8 weeks. No signs...no cramping no spotting nothing. My heart goes out to anyone who has to feel this emptyness and pain. I thought I was gonna lose it. No words can express what a woman feels when she has to go through this. I know that now and I'm so glad all of you have posted all these stories bc it makes me feel less alone and more understood.....anyways, my doc scheduled a dnc for a week later and prescribed me some pain pillS. 2 days before my dnc I woke up to excruciating pain I can not explain....even contractions every 5 min. I thought I was gonna die it was so bad! I was not prepared for it at all. I was never told it would be that bad am a little bitter about that....I too wondered when to start trying again AND did all the research. My doc said to wait at least a month but my husband and I are trying rightvsfter I stopped spotting....only 2weeks after our 12week appt! God has a plan and I heard we are more fertile right after so why not?! Wish me luck....I can't wait...has anyone else gotten pregnant right after mc??? Love hugs and best wishes to all!!
---s
I heard that you are more fertile after a miscarriage because your cervix remains open for longer and also because your body is already prepared for pregnancy.  Not sure how true it is but it worked for my SIL.  About 7 years ago, she had a missed miscarriage at about 7 weeks, had an ERPC and then got pregnant again straight away.  My nephew is now 6.  I think it works for some people and not for others.  I recenty had a MMC.  Went along for my 12 week scan on 23 December expecting to see my baby happily growing inside me to find out the baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks 2 days.  I'm now booked in for an ERPC on Monday and plan to start trying again straight away, as soon as bleeding stops.  If I miscarry again, then I will just assume my body wasn't fully recovered and will then wait a few months before trying again.  But I definitely don't want to miss my most fertile period if this is straight after a miscarriage.  I'm not sure if there is any medical reason for not trying again straight away and if the doctors are just telling me to wait to make their lives easier to be able to date my pregnancy without scanning, then it's tough luck to them I suppose.
I am 40. I had a miscarriage on 9-22-08, I was 6 wks. I went to Dr on 10-2-08 and all was ok. A couple weeks later on 10-18-08 I took a preg test and was pos. That soon!? I had bloodwork and ultrasound on 11-10-08 and saw a heartbeat. I made my first obgyn visit for 12-1-08. After my appt Dr wanted another ultrasound to make sure of due date. I was not prepared for what happened next. No heartbeat. D&C scheduled next morning. Gone. In one Dr visit I lost my baby at 10 wks. It measured only 7wks. How can I have no symptoms of miscarriage and it be gone? No bleeding, no cramps, still sick? I am too afraid to try again after being preg since Sept and no baby yet. It has been almost a month since my D&C and I am still so hurt and lost. Do I have any hope or should I give in and stop trying?
We were very excited with 1st pregnancy and went for scan on christmas eve before telling family the news.  My heart broke when the doc revealed our baby had died at 7 weeks.  I was 9 wks at the time.  All over xmas was the most horrid time of my life and I had to wait till New Year's Eve to have the ERPC, which went much better than expected.  I feel so sorry for all of you that have gone through this, I thought that because there was no bleeding, all was well.  I am so worried now about falling preg and same thing happening.  But I was soooo looking forward to having a baby this summer :-(  GOOD LUCK everyone, my heart goes out to you all and wishing that we are all lucky and have our own tiny miracles in our arms very soon.
I was just told by the nurse that I am most likely having a m/c my levels keep going down I a, bleeding but not that much and my cervix is closed and i barely have any cramping, the DR said they want to see if my levels continue to go down to see if they need to do anything else. But I dont know what to think, I am bleeding but I dont have pain and my cervix is closed whats up with that? I am about 5 1/2 to 6 weeks
I just went throught the same thing.  I had a mc Jan 7...it was the most painful thing ever.  I was about 8 weeks along when the mc happened.  My mc was natural and everything passed on it's own.  Today is a week laster and I've completely stopped bleeding/spotting.  My DH and I really want a baby, so I think we're going to start trying right away.  My OB said it'd be good to wait until I had at least one period, but told us it'd be ok if we got prego right away.  I'm ready to be prego again, but scared to death at the same time because I don't think I could handle going through a mc again.  My heart goes out to all who have been through this bc I know how hard it is.
ok i just found out i was expecting and i had a m/c 2 years ago and now im pregnant again i really dont like to think about misscariges im still sad about the loss of my baby but i hope i have a healthy pregnancy this time so i hope everything goes great and im sorry for everyones loss
I have just had a miscarraige (miscarriage) last friday (16.1.09) i was about 6 weeks pregnant! I was so so happy when i found out i was expecting. I told my dr and they done another test for me but when i called for thr results they told me it was boarder line! Well i didnt really understand what that ment so i went for an appointment! The dr told me that i was def preg and that i could be in the earlie stages. I went shopping thay night and started to feel very tired and had a very slight tummy ache. When i got home i noticed i had a bit of very light spotting, i was very scared i called the 24hour dr, they told me to go straight to a&e! When i got there i started cloting i think by that piont i new something was wrong! Later that night the dr confermed that i had lost the baby! That the test they done there came back negative, I was so shocked and didnt think i would ever get over it! Its now been a week and i have stopped bleeding. The dr said to wate a month before trying agen but thats only so they can track it easer. We have started trying agen now and am very excited and scared at the same time but cannot wate to fall pregnant agen! So fingers crossed it will be soon!
I'm am 19 years old and I just got married 6-21-08. We have been together since the eigth grade. We started trying for a baby in October. We found out we were pregnant December 17th. We were so excited we told everyone right away. My first prenatal appt. was scheduled for January 22nd. On January 16th I started to spot. I got blood work done to check my hcg levels and they were in the 5,000's. On January 18th I started bleeding a little more and they sent me to the ER. I had more blood work to check my hcg levels again and they had droped to just under 5,000. They did an ultrasound and found no heartbeat but said that it may still be a little early. Also the baby measured 6 weeks, 2 days when I was 8 weeks, 3 days. They called it a threatened abortion because my cervix was still closed and put me on bed rest hoping that the bleeding would stop. The next night around 8PM I started having intense back pain and heavier bleeding. As soon as I saw that I had passed some tissue I headed straight back to the ER where they did MORE blood work and found that my hcg levels had dropped to about 3200. They checked my cervix and confirmed that it had opened. They told me with the amout of tissue that I passed that I had a complete miscarriage and sent me home. They were VERY wrong about it being complete. Overall it took me about 9 hours to miscarry and it was the most painful thing I ever been through. The only thing I have left are my confirmed pregnancy paper, 2 ultrasound pics and my hospital braclets. I went to the doctors on January 21st and she told me that it was nothing that I done wrong and that as soon as my hcg levels are below 5 and we are emotionally ready we can try again. I go in to have them tested again on January 26th and I hope they'v dropped fast because I really want to try again ASAP. I hope that am more fertile and we get pregnant fast and end up with a happy, healthy baby. Wish me luck, I know I'm wishing all of you luck.
I had my first m/c in nov/06 at 10 weeks and had a d&c.  i bled really, really heavy for a long time but managed to get pregnant again in early feb/07, but m/c's again at 11 weeks in march/07.  That time the bleeding was much, much lighter and didn't last too long, though my hgc levels stayed high for quite awhile.  Husband and I decided not to "try" but to just let nature take it's course, and I was pregnant again before I ever got another period.  Had another beautiful baby girl (#2).  

Became pregnant again in December and just m/c'd last week at 8 weeks.  The bleeding is more like the second d&c I had, not too much.  I really think the doctor did something bad to me in my first d&c that caused my second m/c.  I am praying that I will follow the same course and have a healthy pregnancy before I even get a period after this one. I am almost 39 and don't want to wait!!!
i know the pain you r feeling if u r going thru a miscarriage i just had one 3/1/09 . its been 7 days n im still bleeding but not as much as 4 days ago. i dont wish this to happen not even to my worst enemy. it is awful is terrible to go thru this espiritually n physically. fortunatelly for me it wasnt that painful i just felt pressure n a lil bit of cramping. it started with a lil bit of brown spotting i had just comfirmed with the my ob- gyn  the day before the told me i was 5 weeks exactly.(when i miscasrried i was 5 weeks 2 days) i was so exited but for some reason i felt something wasnt right. since  i was peeing some white tissue the week  before but i didnt know i was preggo. i thought it was normal since it always happens to me when im about to have my period. i didnt pay attention to it ( but it was more than normal). i  knew i could be preggo when i was at work n i started to feel dizzy my period was like 2 days late n i was feeling alot of fatigue.i had to go to the ER because like i said it started spotting brown the it turn pinkish color but it never was heavy bleeding so i tought it was normal since i searched online n it seemed to be normal. it expalined the uterus was expanding n that could cause bleeding. in the ER they told me that  it could be a threatened miscarriage cause my bhcg was very low but my cervix was still closed. they did a sonogram they coulnt find the heartbeat or the yolk or gestational sac. but they still gave me hope so they sent me home for bed rest for a couple of days but i knew something was wrong so next day i went to my ob - gyn he did another sonogram n he comfirmed i was  havin a miscarriage. i just hope that my next pregnancy will be a healthy one n that i can have a healthy baby like yall wish too. god bless us all and baby dust for yall. good luck!
hi
i just had a missed miscarriage ( blighted ovum) 10 days ago and im not bleeding anymore does anyone know if it ok to start trying again i really wanted this baby and i am so anxious to try again will it increase my chances of having another miscarriage?
i was nearly 14 weeks pregnant and i started spotting on friday and was scanned on sat, ultrasound found a heartbeat and baby was moving. i was told the baby was fine and to go home and rest. Bleeding got worse so did pain so returned, i was told my cevix was closed and it was a threatened miscarriage and the majority of people go on to carry full term, i miscarried the following day and passed the pregnancy. Never felt so sad in my entire life, desperate to get pregnant again but dont know how long to wait as dont want to go through this again, does anyone know the best time to wait?
i know how you all feel. i never thought i would have a miscarriage. i have two healthy children. i went to the dr to get bc's and they even tested me to see if i was pregnant..the test was negative. i took the pregnancy test 3 days later and it was positive... a few days later i started spotting and the doctor said i was miscarrying. he said my sac was so small. do you all think that the annual exam caused me to loose thebaby??????
By lesley.
How sad to read all your shared stories, young and older mums my heart goes out to you all. I had a first healthy baby in 2007 and got pregnant the first month trying at age 38. we decided to try after one yr.  then in June 2008 i was pleased to be pregnant again but in July I started cramping and bleeding with severe pain. It started off brown spotting for a few days I thought ok as I read so many other stories the same and people were ok. But bleeding soon got worse so I went to hospital and had a confirmed miscarriage. They couldn't see baby just collapsed gestation sac. I was gutted and very sad for a while as the baby was so much wanted. I immediately wanted to try again but I just was not getting pregnant. My periods were real messed up so after 9 mths of ttc i decided to research fertility naturally. I started taking agnus castus and helonias and eating healthy, and after taken herbs for  3 mths  my periods regulated i could feel ov again  and see cm and got pregnancy positive test after one whole year trying in June 2009. I decided not to announce and wait to see. I was worried about miscarrying again. Then at 9 and half wks I started spotting again. I was worried but friends reassured me they had too but had had healthy babies. But l booked in for an scan a few days later, They told me there was no heartbeat and baby had stopped beating heart at about 6 and half weeks. I was devastated again. Immediately after the  scan the bleeding got worse I decided to let nature take its course naturally like last time.
That eve I was in same emmense pain for about 2-3 hrs with heavy blood and matter loss.  I took helonias and lobelia as well as blue and black cohosh. The first two together can help clear out the uterus and the latter two can help with contractions. It certainly worked alot faster than the last time I miscarried. I started bleeding bad on fri but by Monday eve I passed out the gestation sac with baby in which I caught in my hands still warm. So sad  we wrapped him/it in silk and dried rose petals to bury later. I bled for five more days then it stopped. Ist miscarriage i did not pass gestation sac for ten days after the cramping and bled for 7 more. Herbs definetly helped me.
The nurse/midwife told me you can get preg straight after miscarriage but best to wait so they know dates. Also they don't know why most miscarriage happens but that if the baby was healthy it would have lived. Nothing you ate or done or did not do that caused it.  I know thats true as I know herion addicts who continued on methadone thru pregnancy ect physically abused womenand alcoholics and so on who have conceived and gave birth to babies. The stats are 1 in every 5 pregnancies for m/c so its a frequent natural occurence. So all out there don't give up. I think it is natures way. I know its so sad to go thru, but to let you know that my first baby i took red raspberry tea at  5 mths preg, went to gym and sauna regularly up to my 7th month and nothing much bothered her. She was delivered naturally at home with no gas or med and right on time. I would do the same again if God blesses me again. Never give up, until your body says you can't do it anymore, meanwhile if God has given you ability to keep on having periods to conceive do it, and enjoy it. Good luck to everyone.
Re:ultrasound scans I refused one for my first born they are a relative new phenomenon and I did not trust them. I have been informed I could have one at 8 half wks if I got preg again to save waiting so long if I was M/C. I was naturally concerned after reading so many people go on and bleed after one  in fact even i did. But my baby was already dead, and plenty people have scans in early preg and go on with successful pregnancys, so I would not  worry and will probably go for the check up to save all the agony again not knowing your baby was already dead  and thinking your pregnant like this time. Im 41 now, time is getting shorter so wish me luck please.( Was not my choice just met all the wrong horrid partners till later in life.) But older mums please go and read up on mums conceiving naturally at 42 & 43! hope yet. Love light and baby dust.

I have had 2 M/C in the pass 2 years. One at 9weeks and the other at 13 weeks. I have had a DNC after both M/C. We have been trying for about 7 months now with no luck. Im starting to think if it is even possible to get pregnant anymore. My doctors say there is nothing wrong with me or him. He alreay has 4 other children.
I had a miscarriage July 18, 2009, I was 5weeks along and only bled for 7 days. My boyfriend came home to visit and we had unprotected sex on July 31, 2009 and August 1, 2009 because we wanted to try again. A few days later I start having sypmtoms like sore breast, mild cramping, nauseua throughout the day, sleepless nights, heat flashes throughout the day and night, and I had a white discharge. I took a pregnancy test August 10, 2009 (Monday) and another that Friday and both them came back negative. On Sunday, August 14, 2009 I began having heavy, mucuos-like bleeding with clots and tissue. Could I have gone through another miscarriage and not known?? I'M VERY WORRIED!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!
I want to let everyone know there is always hope, i have a 13 year old and had an ectopic pregnancy 10 years ago. We were told about 9 years ago it would be a miracle to fall pregnant naturally and that we should try ivf, we decided not to try ivf as i didn't think i could handle the emotional side of it. Over the years (12 in total) of trying we have seen many specialists who all said the same thing. 2 weeks ago I got my miracle a BFP!!!! very exciting, sadly we celebrated too early as 1 week ago I had a m/c. But I did fall pregnant dispite what the specialists all said and we will be trying again. So what i'm trying to say is that while you should always follow your drs advice, they don't always get it right and you know your body better than anyone. Goodluck to all of you
Hi. I just wanted to let everyone here know that a good friend of mine recently miscarried very early in her pregnancy. She bled for 6 days, ovulated on day 11 and discovered on day 21 that she is pregnant again! She is 42 years old and this will be her 2nd child (daughter is one year old). I am also 2 weeks pregnant--I started with an hCG of only 25 and hoped it would double today. However, I learned that it is now at only 13. My doctor told me to prepare for miscarriage. This is very depressing, since I've been trying TTC for a year and a half and was only given a 1% chance (high FSH levels and advanced maternal age), but it's also great to know that I can, in fact, get pg, and I'm hopeful that maybe I'll get as lucky as my friend and some of you here and conceive shortly following miscarriage. By the way, I tried clomid and follistim to no avail, and I'm not a candidate for IVF. I finally got pg naturally, just by monitoring my ovulation. I'm 43 years old, and pray it will happen again and this time "stick."

Good luck to us all!
P.S. I forgot to mention that my friend had her first child at 41.
Yes it is possible, I got pregnant ONE week after I passed the m/c.  I was not expecting to! But everything happens for a reason!  PLEASE if you want to start trying to concieve (conceive) again go ahead and start taking prenatal vitamins you can get them at walmart/walgreens/cvs etc... or can get some persrcribed by your doctor.  The vitamins help women before during and after pregnancy.  While you are pregnant it makes sure the baby is getting proper nutrients for developement, & ttake lots of folic acid very important! stay healthy!
Hi, been reading all your comments and have to say a lot of them have helped give me the courage to start trying again as soon as possible.  I started spotting very lightly on Friday at 9 weeks pregnant and went to hospital for a scan.  There was no heartbeat and the baby had died at 7 weeks 5 days.  I didn't miscarry naturally and to be honest couldn't stand the thought of waiting for it to happen and being forced to witness my longed for baby being miscarried like that so had a D&C on Sunday.  I've never been through anything so devastating and at the moment all I want to do is hide away and not speak to anyone but I know that as soon as possible I want to try again.  I'm almost 42 and this was my first pregnancy and I'm terrified it won't happen again, or that I'll miscarry again but I don't have the time to wait so no matter how scared I am I can't give up.  I really wish you all the very best of luck and hope everything works out.  With lots of love
Hello all so sorry to read about so many losses but atleast we are not alone.  I had a m/c 5 years ago and have not had a pregnancy since, i have been with my husband the entire time and we never used any form of b/c our theory had always been if it happens it happens but after such a long time you start to wonder if you will ever have the joy of a child.  I will say the pressure to conceive was there for both my husband and myself, we were ready and we wanted a child and i started charting my ovulation time but every month it was a let down.  Well December 1st i had an incredibly incredibly heavy period, there were a lot of clots and i was changing every hour for the first day, dont know why but just didnt think that much of it, told my hubby my period is heavier than normal and really clotty and he said were you maybe pregnant and i said i dont think so because my period was right on time just heavy and i didnt feel any signs of pregnancy.  Well the hubby and i decided to just start enjoying each other and being spontaneous and having fun, no pressure!....low and behold January 2nd i took a test and it was positive!!!  I went to the Dr. on the 12th of January and she verified "oh yeah your pregnant!" I expressed all my concerns and my previous miscarriage, she was VERY sympathetic and said i want to take the worry away so lets send you for a u/s.  So that afternoon i went and had a u/s done and the tech and Dr said everything looks perfect and everything looks right at just under 6 weeks, there was no heartbeat but he said that is normal for this early, sometimes you see it and sometimes you dont so they scheduled to see me 2 weeks later, I go this friday...Well yesterday i received a phone call from Veteran Affairs wanting to discuss my blood work (i am a veteran and when i got out i had to do an appt with the VA so they gave me a physical)  The nurse told me to stop taking my medication because my blood work came back that i was pregnant.  I couldnt remember when my appt was so i asked her and she said November 20th.  I got off the phone and was dumbfounded and really confused because here my bloodwork on November 20th showed i was pregnant and i had a heavy heavy clotty period December 1st, so the only conclusion i can really come to is that i was indeed pregnant, had a miscarriage and now i am pregnant again!!  So considering for 5 years i did not have one scare one nothing and then i got pregnant in November, miscarried(not knowing), and got pregnant in December i would say that the chances of being more fertile are HIGH after a miscarriage!!!  Now finding all of this out it does kinda concern me as to the viability of this pregnancy but i have to take into consideration that the Dr. said the u/s looked perfect and if my hormone levels were not right they would have informed me...so i am trying to just take it a day at a time but i should know more this friday (29 Jan) as that is my next ultra sound i will be just over 8 weeks...please wish me luck and pray as i want this baby so badly and have gotten to the point of being very excited!!!!  For all of you trying i shall pray as well and for those who have had loss i shall pray!! For those wanting to try right away after m/c i say go for it, it worked for me and i didnt even know it!!!!!! Good Luck and prayers to all!!!!!!
Well as an update i went for my ultrasound this past friday and sure enough there was my little gummi bear...thats what he/she looks like :)....he/she had a strong heartbeat and everything looks great and on schedule so my theory is that YES you are very fertile after a miscarriage and my little man or little girl is perfectly fine so i see no harm in trying right away. Good Luck to all!!! :-)
hi my heart goes out to all of you that have been through this heartbreaking situation,as words cannot explain the feeling.i am 23yrs very excited about being pregnant after my regular check-ups with the doc.at 25wks pregnant my BF and i decided to go take an ultra-sound to find out the sex of our baby(sat.Jan.16th 2010)there was no heart beat i had no cramps no bleeding etc.i went to the ER they induced labour the day after.the pain was so much!!! but nothing compared to ME as the lost of our little angel(boy) i want to get pregnant again but will consult a doc. before.God is so...great that in my heart i know he will give us that bundle of joy we so much desire.keep praying as i will for u never give up! love and God Bless!!!!!!!!!!
                  From:R.Q
                  From:R.Q
I just had a miscarrie last week and i am 37 years old. When is the best time to try again . I was 11 weeks and the baby had not heartbeat and my hCG  was very low.  
I M/C at 14 weeks. I lost my baby 3 days after being hospitalized for H1N1. We had been trying for almost a year when we finally got pregnant. It was so devastating. It was almost two months ago and my husband and I have yet to get pregnant. I bled for 12 days after my D/C. My midwife (Military) told me the only reason that doctors ask you to wait is because your baby takes a lot of vitamins out of you and you loose a lot of blood and Iron when you M/C, other than to track your LMP, the only reason to wait is to provide a healthy environment for the fetus. You can start as soon as the bleeding is over you just need to make sure you are taking extra vitamins. She suggested continuing to take the prenatal in conjunction with  One A Day's for adults and Iron tablets.  Best of wishes in making your dreams come true!
I had a Tubal Reversal August 3, 2009.  We didn't see a BFP until February 12.  I had a miscarriage on February 21.  To say I am devastated is an understatement.  I think we all desire that baby and the desire is all consuming.  I honestly don't know how to work through the heartache.  I want to begiin trying right away.  I only bled for a few days, then spotted for a few more.  I think I got a positive OPK day before yesterday so I think I ovulated yesterday.  We baby danced just in case.  I am fearful of getting a BFP and losing it right away but I am more fearful of not getting another BFP.  I just can't shake the sadnes!
I misscarried about seven weeks ago and had a d and c last friday. I had sex 4 days after and am wondering if I might have a chance or it is too soon to be pregnant. I misscarried about 10yrs ago with my ex husband. He has two kids. I wonder if something is wrong with me? I am 29 and would like to have children pretty soon! If anyone could help!
i just had a miscarriage at nearly 9 weeks 10 days ago.  I just stopped bleeding. want to try again - will it be harmful if we start trying straight away?  I am so devastated and so desperate - I am nearly 38 and feel  time is running out for me.  
Hello everybody! I started spotting on Tuesday so I called my GP who said it was nothing to worry about and that light spotting was common in early pregnancy. I was getting slightly heavier bleeding the next day so called my Dr again (a different GP this time) who blatently told me I was probably miscarrying and get on with it!!! After this and yet heavier bleeding (no cramps) I decided to contact the early pregnancy unit direct who sympathetically arranged a scan for Saturday (yesterday). I woke on the morning of my scan with managable period pains and when sitting on the toilet I lost what I can only describe as brown lumps resembeling liver. Unfortunately the u/s showed what I had already predicted - nothing. I should have been 8 weeks to the date. I feel so empty. This would have been my fourth child and although I am deeply devestated by mine and my husbands loss, I count myself so lucky for the 3 beautiful girls that we share between us. I believe greatly in 'whats meant to be is meant to be' although it doesn't take away our sadness. I had every intention of trying again as soon as my bleeding has stopped and after reading some of your posts, I feel positive and encouraged that I will fall again soon. I wish everone all the luck in the future, myself included xx
hi there! I miscarried 2x. 1st was 5 years ago during our 1st year of marriage..it was a blighted ovum. Had a d&c at 12wks. (03/05) It was so devastating. Since then we tired to conceived for 4mos.but to no avail. July '08 we tried to conceived again but only early this year when we found out that i got pregnant. We were very happy. I cried the moment i tested positive. I couldn't wait to see the my ob to check my pregnancy, afraid to have another blighted ovum or worse ectopic and h-mole. I was so paranoid then, maybe after having a not so good start of my pregnancy.

I went to see my ob alone (1/27/10) at 7wks and was glad and relieved at the same time that this time my baby has heartbeat although she made a comment that the heartbeat was a little bit slow but within the normal range and i'm starting to have a slight bleeding formation around my uterus..and by crl my baby measures only 6wks so it's normal to have findings like that. It made me worry a little. She just advised me to continue on my prenatal vitamins and bed rest and to have a follow-up u/s after a month.

At around 9wks i started to feel different, my breast tenderness becomes less and my morning sickness is fading..i was feeling better and starting to eat better. I started to get worried and begin to search the net..asking the pregnancy symptoms of 9wks. I couldn't wait to see my ob.

Finally the day came. I was excited and nervous at the same time. Afraid of what we're gonna find out. Hubby was so excited. We went to see my ob on 2/27/10, mentioned to her all my doubts and worries. Had an u/s and found out that there was no heartbeat and the baby remains at 6wks. Diagnosis was missed abortion. No bleeding/spotting before, only my body told me that something was wrong. Dr. told us that there's no one to blame. Most probably it's a chromosomal problem. That it was better that way because it will eventually happen on the 5thmo or worse right after delivery. We were so sad upon hearing the bad news. We cried that night.

I had my d&c last 3/6/10. Doctor advised us to use contraceptives for at least 3mos and try to conceived again after 6mos for a better result. If we start right away the tendency to have the same result is high about 80-85%. Having miscarriage is very traumatic. So painful that i still cry every now and then.We hope and pray that the Lord will still hear our prayer and grant our request to have a baby of our own.
Thanks for posting your thoughts. Hope everyone of us will get what we wish for in this life. God bless you all
i am 7 weeks pregnant dr did an u/s no heartbeat.  went back for another u/s in 6 days still no heartbeat and my baby had not grown.  is the any chance the dr is wrong. she told me it is a missed miscarriage but i havn't had any bleeding or cramping pain or anything.  can anyone help me...
My situation was just like yours eight weeks pregnant with all the signs pregnacy, but  it ended as a missed miscarriage . I had cramps and high temp at 5 weeks went to hospital stayed over night scanned in the morning everything seemed fine sent home, went again the following week for another scan told they could see two sac's and fetal poles growth in both babies but no heartbeats. Told to return next week for another scan, again no heartbeats detected so this time they advised my husband and i on different options to have them removed. We went home decided over the next few days and called the hospital with the option we preferred.  We are both recovering from this heart wrencing ordeal, this pregnacy was planned and very much wanted it was devasting, nothing prepares you for the loss or emptyness you feel. I felt so blessed to be told of twins, then so unfortuneate at the loss. We want to try again immediately but i'm scared incase it happens again, I researched every website for answers they seemed to always tell you of positive outcomes, which i started to hang on too. Be prepared x
i also had a miscarriage 5 weeks ago i had a D&C done it was really hard for me since i was going to have twins but they got tangled with ech others ambilicol cord and that made them die i guess....i want to try again as soon as possible and i've also heard that you're more fertile after a miscarriage and i wanted to know if that was true or not my husband and i have been having unprotected sex hopefully that helps me out i know its better to wait but i can't i love kids and i want my own healthy baby right away
I had a miscarriage at the end of Feb this year.  I honestly didn't want to try to have another as I have other health problems.  A week after the bleeding stopped I became pregnant again and now I'm 10 weeks with full on morning sickness all day.  
The genecist told my fiance and me that it's very common to be more fertile after m/c.
I wish everyone the best and BFPs!
I found out I was pregnant April 29 On May 1st I started to miscarry I bled light but it increase with little blood clots and  period cramps for a couple of days and the sac came out May4 very painful I stopped bleeding on May 9th completely so the whole m/c lasted 7 days(the last 3 days were very light)  At first when I found out I was like NO!! ( just had gastric bypass not even 3 months ago) But I got attached in hours!! So now I want to try again but I dont want to try again Im still sad about it but I want a baby but not right now BUT i want one now lol Im confused. The nurse told me I can get pregnant again without having my first first period after m/c So I guess you are more fertile after a m/c But the thing that bothers me the most is I dont know why I m/c.
I went through the SAME thing at 4 weeks. Then two days later she told me that I was miscarrying but all women are different. I would take it easy, no sex..or anything in the vagina. I'm not trying to scare you because you can very well be having norm bleeding. I hope so, be positive and wait it out! I know it's tough, I've been there.. not even two weeks ago. I hope everything goes well for you hun!
I found out I was pregnant on May 14th.. I already have 2 wonderful boys but wanted another one.. (hoping that this one would be a girl).. On the following monday I started having brown discharge.  I went to the ER they did a urine test and the test can back negative. (the doctors and nurses looked at me like i was crazy..) So they did a blood test and that came back positive but the hormone was very low so they sent me home.  Didnt have any kid of discharge for 2 days then all of a sudden that Wednesday had really back cramps and at first some spotting then all of a sudden alot of blood. Went back to the ER (a different hospital) and the doctor there confirmed that I was having a miscarriage.. That was really hard for me to comprehend seeing that I already had 2 children with no complications. So that Friday I went to my doctors and he told me that 80% of women on their 3rd pregnancy it ends up in a miscarriage. But the chances of me having another one is only between 5% and 20%.. With the miscarriage I only bleed for a week.. Just seemed like a regular period. I was to ttc again but I am very scared.. I dont want to have this happen again.. I am sorry for everyones loss and being on here has helped me realize that it does happen alot of the times..
It's so comforting reading all these stories and like a few people said, it's a lonely experience going through this. My first m/c was in November 2007. I was about 6 wks. After a D&C my husband and I waiting one cycle and then got pregnant again after two more cycles!  We now have a 19 month-old daughter! So we started trying for #2 this February. After 2 months, pregnant again! Went for my first u/s at 9 wks 1 day to find no heartbeat. My second D&C was almost 3 weeks ago. It's not any easier the second time and I don't wish this on my worst enemy. I'm so anxious to start trying again and don't want to wait even one cycle. My doctor said she's seen a trend in mc's if you don't wait long enough (she suggested 3 cycles) but that's just her experience. I had a perfectly normal pregnancy after getting pregnant soon after my first m/c, but at the same time, I CANNOT go through this a third time and feel like I shouldn't risk it. I honestly don't know how I get through the day. But from experience I do know it gets better with time. I just wish the pregnancy announcements would stop. Everyone is pregnant, it seems. One friend is due 4 days before I was due and I feel like I can't even be around her. Maybe reading these stories is just a way for me justify trying right away and not listening to my doctor. Like, if I hear enough positive stories it's enough for me to go on. Don't know. I do know that it *****!
I feel very suicidal, I have been trying to have a child for the past ten years in marriage and I suffered four miscarriages, I am so depressed I love children, I have shopped for baby clothes I have beautiful plans to bring up the bundle of joy but everytime we try I fail. The insults are too much from family and in-laws.
Please pray for me
I am 24, i m/c july 9.  i went in for ultrasound on june 28, the doc said i was 6wks and 2 days, possible twins because there was 2 sacs.  never saw a fetus in the sacs so i was worried from that day.  i went back on july 8.  i was almost 8wks.  there was still no sign of a fetus and i was only measuring 6wks and 6days when i was supposed to be eight.  she told me i m/c and i would have to have d/c. i did it the next day. i was so hurt.  my boyfriend and i didnt plan this pregnancy. we were so shocked when we found out but we became so happy. he was so excited.  he had names and wanted to go shopping. it was painful to have everything you wanted so close and just like that its gone.  i have to go for my follow up in 2days.  i dnt think we are going to try again anytime soon.  
I started miscarrying yesterday, at 5+5weeks.  I had no spotting at all.  On Saturday for 10 minutes I had intense cramping and I knew something was not right.  I went to the ER and was told I had a threatened miscarriage.  Then yesterday morning (Sunday) I had spotting, and mild cramps.  By the end of the day I had severe cramping 10 times worse than any bad period cramps I have ever had, as well as moderate thick bleeding.  Then late in the night I passed a large dark red blob, and the cramping and bleeding has eased considerably.  My doctor told me today I can start trying again as soon as I like - there is no harm in it.  So that is exactly what I am going to do.  My poor dh...I was gutted yesterday, but now I am enjoying a much longed-for glass of Shiraz, and I am thinking that maybe this just means I am healthy and my body did something right.
Best of luck to you all, and from what I have been told and read, you are fine to start trying again as soon as you like.  If it helps, go for it.
I had miscarriage when I was 6 weeks pregnant and my Doctor said me to wait for atleast 1 cycle to go. I have PCOS problem and was trying out for baby since 8 years of our marriage and was failing to do so. I just thought why should I wiat when my body has done its part naturally and I feel normal so just tried out 3 times but still feel is it possible to get pregnant that soon as with PCOS problem it is diifcult to know when you are more fertile. With my first pregnancy news we were schocked as we tried all options IVF which failed later on tried IUI which also failed but by God's grace I concieved naturally but as I m/c now I am more worried than before...  Can anyone help me ... Please pray for us and I wish everyone best of luck and wish you all from my heart that everthing will work out for good....
I had a m/c around the 4th of july, they said he/she died at about 7weeks along so i had my Dnc on july 16th. Just last thurs. i had my 4week follow up and everything was fine and i gave blood to make sure my hormone level was going down. Just today they called back and said it was at 8% so it is going down. What im worried about is that me and my husband had unprotected sex just the night before and im worried that i might still be fertile enough to get pregnant again and that it will cause problems or that i will have another m/c. Is this likely for me?
hi
im sixteen years old (yes i agree im very young)...i had a miscarriage 2 and half weeks ago and the bleeding had almost stopped but sex had brought it on again...i have only been back on the contraceptive pill for just over a week and im told im not fully protected until a full two weeks...my partner and i did not use condoms twice and now i am worried that im going to be pregnant again because i am terrified of having another miscarriage...help please??? i need to know if just those two time could result in me being pregnant...please write back!!!
It will be 2 weeks this coming Sunday that i gave birth to a 6lb 4oz stillborn baby girl.  She was full term, born on her due date.  My husband and i had our Dr. appt the Thursday before and everything was great.  I feel empty and hollow, lost and can't leave the house because i'm always in tears.  I really want to try for another baby asap.  I'm still bleeding (lightly) and want to know if the bleeding for this long is normal?  I've been told by my doctor to wait for at least one cycle before trying again but i feel that if i do get pregnant right away it might help heal me emotionally.  
Looking for help and want to hear from others.
thx...
i just found out on Aug. 29th i was pregnant took 4 test all positive on the 4th mid day i started cramping and lightly bleeding the bleeding and cramping got worse but today just spotting lightly had my first test at the doctors office today & it was negative. im so dissapointed & feel so lost i wanted this baby so bad it wasnt planned but i was so excited had told quite a few people. the dr. wants me to come back on the 13th to take another test & if not pregnant get a pelvic exam. i want to try for another baby soon. i would have been about 5 or 6 weeks along.  So sorry 4 what everyone else is going through its very painful physical and mentally. my thoughts and prayers are with everyone.
i went to the hospital assuming that i was having severe menstral pains, when i was there i tested positive for pregnancy, but had had a m/c.I was only about 4 weeks pregnat. it was/ is so painful. i never knew i was pregnant. i passed all of it in ab a 3 day spand and have been bleeding for a few days. i want to try and concieve (conceive) again. im just not sure how long until its possible for me to get pregnant.
on another site i seen where some people got pregnant 5 days after a miscarriage. wow thats pretty amazing! if i was to get a positive on a test anytime soon i would kno it was a new baby b/c my hormone level dropped fast.
I had to have a D&C after miscarrying at 10wks.  The doctor told me that it is possible to get pregnant again within a couple weeks, but best to wait until after one complete cycle.  His analogy was that when they do the D&C they scrape/suction everything off of the uterus walls, so it is like "a field of dirt", if you wait a cycle to plant that seed (aka try to get pregnant) then the field will have time to grow a "fresh field of grass" for that seed to be planted in and it will have a better chance to grow.  Made since to me...I am a very visual person and that made since to me!  Just completed my first cycle and are now trying :)  I did not even want to try right away if the chances of miscarriage were higher...don't want to experience that again!
i felt like i ovulated yesterday been having sex every other day this week... now i feel crampy think this is it? :-) i hope so im excited but scared ill hav another miscarriage cuz of last time:(
Well, I must say I am relieved that I am not the only one... I am 35 in a Lesbian relationship with the love of my life. We made the desicion that we wanted to start a family. We first picked the sperm and started to see a fertility doctor. We were on our fourth try, if it did'nt work, we would have to go to IFV. Well, we got pregnant... We were so happy and excited but always had a worry in the back of my head of a M/C.. Well my worst nightmare has come true... I had 3 sacs and only baby developed. I had a slightly enlarged yolk at 7 weeks and went down to below 6mm. I also had spotting and bleeding on and off. Everytime I thought the worst, the baby still was ok and had s strong heartbeat... But the doctor did warn us of what could be happening... The fertilty doctor released us at 8 weeks. We went to our first OBGYN appointment and there was no heartbeat.... I was 10.5 days and only measured 10.1 and Devastated to say the least. I had a D&C two days later. It has been 2 weeks and just went to my doctor for a follow up. He said all looked ok....
I am extremly scared and nervous for this happening again. I went on the computer today to research the statement " Are you more fertile after a m/c"... There are so many different answers, its somewhat confusing... I understand my situation is somewhat diferent, I cant ust start trying at home, lol... My question is, emotionally and mentally, I am not sure if I can start so soon but if its true that you are more fertile, then I would want to try asap. Any thoughts????
I do appreciate everyone sharing there stories. This has been one of the
hardest things I've ever been through. Its very comforting to know your NOT the only one..
Hi, i had a premature baby/late miscarriage a few years ago, it was a huge shock and afterwards I think you either desperatley want another baby or you cant even think of getting pregnant. I decided i desperately wanted another baby and had huge plans involving getting an ovulation watch etc,i`m inclined to believe the surge in fertility is true as i got pregnant first month before we actually started to try!!! I now have a naughty 2 year old!! I have had 2 misscarriages over the last few years but i also have two children(would like another!) its scary but remember there is usually no reason it should happen again and it shows you can get pregnant to start with which i have realised over the years is such a blessing not to be taken lightly. Any baby you lose will always be a part of what has happened in your life and i think it is important to remember them in your own personal way, people don`t always understand that whether you where preganat for 1 week or 9 months ,it was real and you had something wonderful to look forward too that should be respected and remembered. To all those who have lost something so special, please remember, it does get easier, it can get better and there is no reason you shouldnt end up with a wonderful baby who was worth fighting for!xxbest wishes and thoughts
I recently m/c on August 17th my doctor was watchin my hCG level going down. It went from 11 to 8. And then call and said that it had gone up. It was at 800 that was on thursday and said he wanted to redraw it on monday. It had gone up to 3400. He said it looks like it is doing what a normal pregnancy would do. So lets have an ultrasound in a week. Hopefully it is a pregnancy and not left over tissue from my m/c.
Well i find out that i was pregnant on aug31 of 2010 was bleeding to the 12th i went in the told me i had a m/c and my hcg way low.  i been have sex form the 13th to the 27th. i have not had know period and i been having some cramping and some back  pain. my bubs are getting bigger but not sore. i have not been goin to the bathroom like i was before i lost my loved one but someone told me that i could be just a day or so i wnt get any of the bathroom stuff into some weeks need help im i pregnat
I found out i was pregnant on the 16th September 2010 started to bleed on the 29th september at first it was only slight spotting but got heavier I had no pains just bleeding and also no clots. I visited the hopsital and the gynae doctor told me that from what she can see it looks like most of the pregnancy had passed through. I went for an internal scan and was told that the pregnancy had passed through succesful. I had a miscarriage on the 3rd October 2010 I was only 5 weeks pregnant. Me and my boyfriend started having sexual intercourse again on the 10th October 2010 - 13th October 2010 as I read that the highest time would be the 9th-13th of each month when your most fertile. Could I be pregnant again? when is the best time to test.?
Just wanted to also add to each lady out there, this site is very healthy and helpful for two reasons. First because it gives woman hope that there is another "chance" out there to conceive. That your not too old or just because you've had too many miscarriages don't give up trying. Secondly, this site helps woman cope with whatever sad situation is going on in their life because they realize "they are not the only one out there going thru the same thing." thank you for both...   :)   sometimes it helps to talk to strangers rather than your own family and friends about certain things.  YOUR USUALLY MORE HONEST.
I found out I was prgnant on Tues 9th Nov 10, which was a huge shock...Was 6 weeks or so gone, so me and my partner decided to tell our families on the Friday. I just got my head around the idea, was sooo scared but excited at the same time. I then statred bleeding lightly on the Saturday, and continued for about 5 days. The cramps were quite severe, although they came and went. I passed the sac on tues, but the doctors confirmed a M/C on the mon, as my HCG levels were dropping dramatically. We have decided to try again although the inital pregnancy was unplanned. It made me realise what I want, and I was heartborken when I lost my wee baby. Ive been told to wait until my first cycle finishes before I try again, so hopefully by the new year I will be able to move on and hopefully have a normal healthy pregnancy. My heart goes out to anyone who has experienced a M.C, as it is devastating news. But good luck to all, and thank you for your posts, it helped me find some hope. xxx Joanna
i found out i was 6 weeks pregnant so happy told every 1 and i had a m/c june 11 -10 three days after my b-day so me n the hubby started to try again got pregnant again found out i was pregnant again on 11-13-10 and once again m/c on 11- 16-10. I have three wonderful children and a stepson. but i only have two with my hubby now so we want more together. I have seizures so i believe that the meds I was takin is wat was making me have them. Ive NEVER had to have a D&C my body always took care of every thing. my first m/c really hurt because my baby had a heartbeat baby number two didnt but it did hurt because i was just as happy. this is nothing you can get over never in a million years and nothing nobody says will or can make it better. my hubby god help him tried to say well we will have another one well mayb I dont want another one I wanted that one. but Im sorry if Im hurting feelings but I just went through this twice in five months and he just dont want to give up. I dont ether but i dont want to have to go throught this pain anymore. I think god for my babies he has give me but what i dont understand is Y he would give me a child only for a small time and take that child away from me. Y give me that baby in the first place?? I really dont understand?? it hurst soo bad.. but to you all never give up. im lucky to have what I have and ur lucky to have what u have and u will have ur family one day you will b mothers and fathers and will be good mothers and fathers it may take time but i have faith. just dont give up.
The exact same thing happened to me 2 months ago, they couldn't find anything in the ultrasound, finally a doctor found it was called a "molar pregnancy", the embryo was partially formed, the fatherss chromosomes were doing all the work and mine weren't doing anything, tissue built up around the embryo forming a small tumor and tricking the uterus into thinking it's still carrying a baby, thats why your HCG levels keep rising. Go back to the doctor
I found out I was pregnant on october 21, 2010. We were thrilled. We had planned this pregnancy perfect. We have a two year old little boy...we are so thankful for! We went for our first check-up and ultrasound at 8 weeks and there wasn't a heartbeat. Baby measured exactly where it should have though. We were devastated. I ended up having a d and c a week and a half later. My doc told us to wait three months before trying. I have heard from others it is safe to try after one cycle or six weeks. I am so ready to start trying again but I am so scared. I don't want this to happen again. I want a healthy environment so we can have a successful pregnancy.
Hi everyone. Last week I had 5 positive pregnancy tests ( I couldn't believe it was true!) and then on Friday I went for a blood test and it came back positive with an HCG of 100 and my doctor said I was probably around 4.5 weeks. I felt pregnant. Then I was retested on Monday and after had some really light spotting for about an hour and some light cramping and that was it. The doctor called the next day and said the pregnancy was not good and my HCG was 20. He said the worst of it has passed but I haven't bled at all expect for that light spotting. Did anyone else have an experience where you didn't bleed when you miscarried or the bleeding started way later? It has now been 48 hours since my levels were 20 and my dr said they should be zero by now...still no bleeding
For both of my miscarriages, I bled many days after the numbers had dropped. I think it's pretty normal to not bleed right away. I was also told that I could start TTC immediately following the miscarriages. The first day of bleeding counts as day 1 of your cycle. I have one friend who was pregnant within only 3 weeks of her miscarriage. That pregnancy became a healthy baby girl!

I'm sorry for your loss and wish you luck in conceiving again.
I have a child who is going to be five years old in June and am so thankful for him.  I wanted two children but could never seem to convince my husband to have another one with me.  I am 34 and he is 40.  The subject of another child came up this past summer.   We fought over the subject so often that we almost ended up seperating.  Finally, after many disputes he decided that I could have until 36 to try or I would just get fixed.  So I went off the pill in October and to my surprise was got pregnant in November found out I was pregnant in December.  We had both just got excited about the pregnancy in time for me to m/c on Jan 2nd of 2011.  It has been a very horrible experience for me.  I am trying again but scared to death that if I become pregnant again I will miscarry.  I have read so much material its amazing.   We are trying again becaue it feels like the biological clock is working against us. :(  I don't want to lose another baby...
I'm very saddened by all the news on this forum and find it very comforting as I am experiencing simliar situations. This is the first time I've joined a forum, but as reading other peoples experiences helps me I thought I would join in.

My husband and I fell pregnant in Sept 2009 for the 1st time but unfortunately we miscarriaged. We should have been 9 weeks but the baby had stopped developing as 6 weeks. I had a D&C. We then fell pregnant again in Jan 2010, we had very sad news and had a still-birth at 32 weeks. It was the most pain we had ever experienced, it was an unexplained stillbirth and although we've had several tests they all came back nonconclusive - reason unknown. We decided to try again as soon as we got the go ahead. We then feel pregnant again in Jan 2011, unfortunately we miscarried naturally at 7 weeks - Our consultant says he does not think the miscarriages & stillbirth are related, we have just been very unlucky. I had an ultrascan last week and everything has come away and they could see that I was about to ovulate again and everything looked healthy. Absolutely amazing technology! We have been referred to the reaccuring miscarriage unit but there is a waiting list. Because everything looks normal we have been given the go ahead to try again. We stay positive and trust that one day we will be a parents. Please stay strong and have faith in the fact you are not alone.
I have a 2 yr sweet baby boy . I was 8 weeks 6 days pregant with my second baby when I spotted - one tiny dot of blood. My husband and I went in for ultrasound - and dr advised baby heart stoped beating. - Baby measured at 7 weeks 6 days. I had a dnc on Wed 02/09/11. We had unprotected sex on 02/20/10 . On friday - 02/25/11 I told dr that I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. The dr said it could be a couple weeks before my hcg levels go down. But then by the next week 03/02/11 , the nurse practitioner adv to take another test and to come in for hcg quantative level check. The preg test was postivie . SO on thursday 03/03/11 I had blood work done and friday the dr called to adv hcg was 218. I have to go back in for another blood work check today. The nurse practioner adv that my hcg should be at 0 after dnc. I dont know what to think. ANy advise.
I'm copying and pasting something that I wrote above because it sounds like you may be in the same (happy) position:

I just wanted to let everyone here know that a good friend of mine recently miscarried very early in her pregnancy. She bled for 6 days, ovulated on day 11 and discovered on day 21 that she is pregnant again! She is 42 years old and this will be her 2nd child (daughter is one year old). It can happen THAT fast!
----------------
Just so you know, my friend went on to give birth to that baby--her second happy and healthy daughter. It seems to be that you could be pregnant again. I would treat it that way until you know differently. I hope you are! If not, I think it could just take awhile for your numbers to come down.

Good luck!
hi i am 18 yrs old and had a miss carriage i had my 12 week scan and no heart beat was foudn i had a d/c. i am struggling at the moment to come to terms with what has happened even though as i keep gettin told i am young and have my whole life ahead of me !! Myself and my Boyfriend of near on two years have not been ussing contraception since i stop bleeding 2 weeks ago and i was wondering wether us women are more fertile? wether complications can occur if we havent had at least one normal cycle and wether it is common that what happened to me / all of us on here could happen again straight away.

im finding this forum very comfortin as i am ver emotionally frigile at the moment!! thank you i do not feel quite so alone any more !!

x
me and my fiance where having sex and he was grabbing my boobs when all of a sudden milk came out...freaked out we stopped and checked them it kept happening so we went and bought pregnancy test. all 6 of them came out negative i hadnt started period in over a month and my boobs have never leaked before......about 2 weeks late i still hadnt gone to the doctor cause of my work schedule i started crampming hardcore so bad i took a hydrocodine for the pain i couldn't walk than i started what i thought was my period and it was a heavy flow and stay that way for the 4 days....also the week before all the pain i was waking up with a fever and feeling uncomfortable i never went to the doctor and still haven't....do yalll think i had a miscarriage and should i go to the doctor even tho that was early november? its just none of the test came out positive they where all negative?
I just had a miscarriage (2/27/11).  My husband and I were making love and afterward I had very sharp pains, I went to the ER they told me I was pregnant and that I was having a threatened miscarriage.  My HCG was only at 296, when I went back a week later with pain it was at 234 which indicated a miscarriage.  On Tuesday it was down to 77 and today I wasn't able to get the results because the clinic had closed.  I am so sad about this, I have a 9 year old daughter and my husband doesn't have any kids.  It took us about 8 months to get pregnant and I am hoping that I am still fertile because we have been trying ever since the miscarriage.  Please pray for us so that we can have a healthy and happy baby......
wow i just had my m/c on3/13/11 i was 6 weeks along i just finished telling basically my whole family im 20 years old and i was ready make some major changes for my little one but then its like a dark cloud cam on the 13th that i cant seem to quite get over even tho it was not a full term baby i could feel the changes in me my body my mind set idk even tho im youn and need to finsih college i feel i was ready for what i was going to bring into the world... i stopped bleeding on the 3/15/11 and had sex that day no protection and the next. i really want to see that nice pink plus sign ugh! help help !?? suggestions anyone please
Hiya Ash,
I am also 18 and had a miscarriage on thursday (5w/4d). But I hate to sound like I am preaching but I had a missed miscarriage just like yourself in 2009 (when I was 17) and I have only just got over it a couple of months ago. I hated myself and wanted to get pregnant again and the stress of it all made it so hard. I couldn't understand why it had happened. If I could go back a year or so, I wouldn't have tried again straight after. Every period that came and went ruined me for a few days. Just thought I might help.... Hope your ok
If you are really leaking milk then you are or have recently been pregnant. I have had three children and my milk did not even come in until after giving birth. I would most definitely go to a doctor ASAP if I were you. It may not be milk at all and could be something else. I was actually reading these posts because I recently had a miscarriage. I came across yours and was a little alarmed. Good luck.
I have been sexually active for about 20 years now, and had 2 long term relationships, and the only baby I produced was concieved through IVF.  I now have a new partner, and we were both extremely shocked to discover in january I was pregnant.  Sadly we had only known about it for about a week when I miscarried at 6 weeks.  I took 3 pregnancy tests in the couple of weeks after the miscarriage, which all came back negative.  At the start of this month I began to get pregnancy symptoms again, did a test and it was postitve!!  I am only 7 weeks now, and still worry daily.  I'm constantly checking when I go to the toilet for any bleeding.  However everything seems to be ticking along quite nicely at the moment.  No sign of any bleeding, and no pain.
I just want to tell everyone not to give up.  It is possible to become pregnant again straight after a miscarriage, but I do worry that I will not be able to cope if I miscarry again so soon.  Sometimes I think we should have waited, to let me heal mentally as well as physically.  But fate is a funny old thing!
I had a mc at 7 1/2, i didnt find out till i was a few days from 12 weeks i was so excited that week bc the chance of a mc would have gone down.. Until i started bleeding i started crying amediently i was so scared i laid down for 30 mins & checked again i wasnt bleeding but i had someone take me to the hospital anyway there i started bleeding again bt worse they did an u/s they saw the baby but no heart beat i was already crushed by the look on the drs face bt my husband said it looked like it was movin so i calmed down &tried to stay positive for him &my baby bt i knew something was wrong &thy came back hrs later aftr doing 2 more u/s & told me it was a mc i had a d&c 4days later i can honostly say that was the worst night in my entire life im 19 got married a week before bc i was pregnant im in my senior yr of hs i had things for that baby already i had already made it my life had a name picked out im still so crushed we named our baby caleb we always thought it was a boy &his gma had a dream his grandpa was rocking him in a chair singin to him in heaven he will always be my baby my first baby whose always in mind &in my heart i will never forget him
I know how you feel. I was 25 when I had my firs miscarriage and then My husband and I tried to concieve (conceive) for (get this) TWENTY YEARS!  Last   month I got pregnant  and lost this baby at 5 weeks  Im 45 .   I am sorry for your loss. This was our last time to try as I am to old now.  If you are still young Keep trying .. you just NEVER know
most doctors recommend you wait 3 months to try again because your body need time to heal, sometimes even 2 weeks after you miscarrage (miscarriage) a pregnancy test can show up positive because your hcg levels are still kinda high, my doctor told me i had a blighted ovum the other day and i miscarried 2 days ago, my doctor told me to wait at least 3 months and i most likey would get pregnant with the next couple of tries if i was to try again.
I am 40 now.  Just remarried in 08.  My new husband has never had a child.  So we decided even at our age to try for a small family.  I became pregnant in December of 2010.   All was going so well.  I had genetic testing done at 13 wks along with an US that showed baby was healthy and the odds of downs and the trisomys that are common were so low.  So I felt I could relax from that news.  At 18 wks my ankles swelled to twice their size suddenly in the evening hrs.   My son was in panic right along with me.   My husband was out of town.  The following day I called off work to continue helping myself with the edema.  I called the drs office and spoke to their nurse and she wrote it off that this is normal.  She said swelling is very common with pregnancy.  Well I knew in my heart this was a little more than just the normal puffiness you get from pregnancy since I did have a healthy pregnancy to compare this to.  I went in the following day for my monthly check up and the doppler wouldn't pick up the heartbeat like it usually would.  The dr then decided to do an ultrasound and claimed he couldn't find a heartbeat.  I broke out in tears.  How was I going to tell my husband that was so excited to have his 1st child.  The following day I was ordered to have 1 more US to confirm that there was no heartbeat. This was on a Friday.   The dr wanted to enduce labor for me on Monday but I begged him to start right away since I couldn't bare the thought of carrying a lifeless baby in me all weekend long.  The dr seemed irritated with me but then came around and had me admitted to deliver our boy.  He was 8 inches long and weighed in at .13kg.  It took me 16hrs to deliver him.  I had the epidural and everything like you would if you were delivering full term.  It was so heartbreaking.  My husband seemed so in a daze.  Almost like it wasn't even his child this was happening to.  He didn't want to talk about it much at all after I delivered which made it that much harder.  I believe I cried for 3 weeks every day straight.   I started thinking I would never get over this and that maybe this ruined my life.  But God does show mercy on all of us.  Some how he lightened the pain by the end of that month.  I no longer cried so much but just thought about our boy.  I bled for about 2 1/2 weeks after the miscarriage.  Never needed a D & C.  We had sex as soon as I stopped bleeding.  I had never felt so close to my husband as I did the first time after this all happened.  It some how brought us closer.  It comforts me to know that this experience has not discouraged us to try again down the road.  Of course at my age it will have to be shortly down the road.  I suppose if I do become pregnant again through the grace of God I will just put this all in His hands.  If another miscarriage happens this time around I will have expected it to happen and hopefully it wont be as devastating as the first one.  I can only hope I would be better prepared if it happens again.  I try to find good in bad experiences to help keep that move forward additude going.  I would like to think that this experience has taught me to relate to other peoples losses or trials better.   I used to not be as empathetic as I am now.  My heart bleeds for anyone going through any type of hardship now.  My passion for starting a family with my new husband is still as strong if not stronger than it was before the miscarriage.  Only God can decide to bless us with a healthy child if he feels it's the right thing for us.  What ever the lesson was He tried to teach me I consider it learned because I feel an acceptance now and feel closer to people and respect the whole blessing of conceiving that much more.  There was a part of me in the beginning of the pregnancy that had doubts for having become pregnant due to my age and the set up of living arrangements.  Perhaps that was my lesson to never doubt again.  I will take that guilt right into the grave with me.  But I've learned from that and know I would feel better this time around if I am so lucky.  I used to think when the sperm meets the egg that was the whole miracle.  I learned too that just being able to line up all the chromosomes correctly and be healthy enough to carry baby to full term is a miracle too.  Having baby stay healthy long after birth is a miracle.  Looking at my 21 year old son now is different too.  I realize I was blessed 100 times over back when I was 19 and just never realized it.  What an eye opener a miscarriage can be.  For anyone that has gone through this painful loss I wish each and everyone of you a sucessful pregnancy and birth to your next child.  For anyone ttc may God bless your womb and bring you a healthy child to hold and to love and to raise into a sucessful adult.  God bless everyone on here and all over the world going through this or any other heavy burden you face.  
I am 20 years old, and I recently had a miscarriage at 6 weeks - my heavy bleeding only lasted three days and slowed into spotting. It was not a planned pregnancy, but my fiance and I had gotten very excited. We plan to try again. Where I did not bleed very long and it was so early in the pregnancy, would trying to conceive right away be a good idea? And if in some cases women are more fertile after a miscarriage I am anxious to try it! I am very eager to become pregnant again, I am just worried to be one of the unlucky ones who miscarry back to back, any input would be very helpful!
Thank you!!

Hi Michelle. My name is Nicole. I read your post and I have to tell you I feel like you totally touched me. I went through my MC last Friday. Two days before Mother’s Day and I’ve been struggling to try and make sense out of it. I like how you kept looking for the reason or what you were supposed to learn. I too believe that I took having a child for granted. I thought it would be a walk in the park when I was ready for it. But after I lost the baby, I realized, like you, that having a baby isn’t just about the egg and sperm meeting. Funny, right? How naïve. I’ll be 40 next year and I’m not married AND I have fibroids. I’m terrified that I won’t have kids but I like that you’re still trying. It helps me to keep trying too.
I got pregnant around the end of january. There was no for sure date of conception of gestational age b/c i was taking birth controls in dec. and then stopped at the end but my lmp was the 17th of dec so the doctors said i was around 11-14 weeks at my first appt at the end of jan. My pregnancy was normal morning sickness, excessive urinating, eating alot so i thought everything was fine. i switched hospitals b/c i didnt like the way the other one was operating and the baby was still fine in feb.with my first u/s the doctors saw no heartbeat and said i was about 6wks gestational. i didnt know what to believe. On march 17, 2011 i started ti bleed around 2pm so i went straight to the er. first of all the doctor was so rude he told me well if its gonna happen there is nothing we can do. so they drew blood to check my hcg levels i had an u/s and they confirmed that i was miscarrying. There was a sac that was still growing but the baby had already passed when i first saw the blood. my bf and i was devastated and i was crying in the er. I had a sonogram on the 21st where they also confirmed my deepest fear. i bled for about 21/2 wks and then when the bleeding stop my bf and i started trying again.i took a pregnancy test in may and it was positive. i had a gyn checkup and told the nurse about the at home pregnancy test she tested me again and then gave me an appt for an u/s the next day. i had the ultrasound and come to find out i was not preg again there was still conception material left over so the doctor scheduled me for a d&c on May 11th. I was walking around with this stuff still in me for almost 2 mnths and the DR told me i could of started to spontaneously bleed excessively i could of died or got a bad infection. so i had the d&c i bled for about 3 days afterwards and then my bf and i got my period june 8th so im just waiting til the bleeding stops to start trying again hopefully it will be a better story to tell.
I am 16. I had a miscarriage between the 15-23 of last month. I had sex with my boyfriend the day after I miscarried. I was 6 weeks along. I didn't use any protection, and I was not on birth control. He used the "pull-out" system. Is there any way I could be pregnant again? It's been almost sixteen days since that incident. I have not had any signs or symptoms of pregnancy. My breasts aren't sore, I don't have any cravings, or mood swings, or even morning sickness. I really don't wish to be pregnant again, not this soon. I want to wait until I'm older. We had sex again a fewbdays after that incident except for he didn't ***, and we did again the other night and he didn't ***. Could I be pregnant from that? We didn't use protection or birth control. I'm supposed to have a cycle 4-6 weeks after this miscarriage. It hasn't got to then yet. I figure to start around the 20th. Could you please help?! I really need some help and advice. I'm too little to have a baby right now, the doctor's said I could possibly die during birth. Please help?
OK...seriously...they DO NOT shock fetuses.....please!
I miscarried on August 1st. We was about 4 1/2 weeks along, due April 8th, 2012. I stopped bleeding only 5 days later on the 6th. We're currently taking ovulation tests to try again this month. I have a 18 month old daughter right now and would love another addition to our family. So im certainly hoping for the best and that we can conceive before my period.
Sorry to hear of all the loses. and hope the best for everyone whos still ttc.
I am 41 and have undergone IVF to conceive. I was 8 weeks pregnant until yesterday when I had the shock at my  ultrasound which showed no heart beat and the growth of a 6 week 4 day baby. It was truly awful. I have an appointment booked at the hospital for tomorrow to remove contents and am still in shock. I know 8 weeks doesn't sound that long compared to many of the stories here but this is the first time I have manage to get this far, after 2 failed attempts and one other early miscarriage. It depresses me to the core that I am 41 and havent got a child, It felt so close to the magic '12 weeks' when supposedly all is well and you can tell friends and family. Instead I have 3 months of waiting before i can attempt another IVF. The emotional strain and the financial cost is unbelievable as I have at this time of my life gone for the best clinic in the country. They monitor very closely with drugs blood test and scans all which costs. I am 41 with no money to try again and a lost little baby to deal with. the strain is terrible on my partner who feels my IVF has been never ending for the past 4 years, all i can do is try to save my money again and try to believe it may just work for me this time.
hi all im kelly, age 27. i was on the injection (depo) after my first child (3 yrs) and came off it on 12th may 2011, i had a miscarriage on 17th june but i didnt even know i was pregnant. i done a pregnace test on 10th aug and it came back positive so i done another 3 and they were all positive so i went to the doctors on fri 12th aug and they done one, i had 2 wait till monday 15th for results but on sat i had a pinky discharge which i thort nothing of and on sunday i had blood so i phoned cue doc and they told me 2 go hospital. i had 2 do a pregnancy test when i got there and it came back negative so i explained my sitution and the nurse said it was just the hormones still in my system. i was devistated as i thought i was pregnant but now that i have had 2 periods since my miscarriage me and my partner are trying again so fingers crossed and good luck to u all....... and my advice to ASKB, if ur not ready for a child use contraception! the 'pull out' method does not work! men produce pre-come and that can get u pregnant and the man can't always feel that coming up. b careful and good luck
Hi i was told nearly 2 weeks ago i had had a delayed miscarage they couldn't tell me when it had happened which is hard but also good because i cant pin it on anything i did, i have chosen to let nature take its course & have another scan next week to make sure everything has gone, i am really scared there going to say i need medical intervention i am hoping it wont come to that as the first day i started bleeding i lost a really big clot and 2 smaller ones a week later but the bleeding has been on & of for 9 days now & i think it has stopped now. Is this normal for the bleeding to be on & off, it hasnt been as heavy as my periods either which they said it would be so im a bit unsure, can anyone help please.
Hey girl, If you only bleed for a rew hours and your blood work shows up pasotive ( which is the best way to tell) , and a pee test is negative, you are probably a new pregnant mommy. You may not have enough HCG in your system for your urin to detect,  but enough in your blood. What a few weeks... you will see something. :)  I recently had a miscarriage with twins, 10 and a half weeks pregnant... my miscarriage was 2 weeks ago. My HCG levels started dropping before I even miscarried. I went from 20020 to 1700 and then 1700 to 7000 before my miscarriage. If its still in your blood... your fine! good luck!!
I feel so relieve with the testimonies of new pregnancies immediately after miscarriage,i hope mine arrives soon too.I had a miscarriage on the 6 of october i was 11+2 weeks,the sad story is i started bleeding with lot's of pains and cramps at home,before i could get to the hospital i had discharge everything,on getting to the hospital the doctor did a scan and said the pregnancy was still infact,i was in africa then...i had to rush back to europe only for the doctors to tell me the pregnancy is been out since the day i satrted bleeding because there's nothng even the scan picture he gave me was clear to the doctor there's nothing...he just put an arrow to the right ovary and said that was the pregnancy.I felt my whole world was coming to an end... but since i found this site and praying to God i feel relieved,i want to wait after the first period to try again with my fingers crossed.I'm believing God who never fails will give me again because all power belongs to him and his the Almighty!!!
I m/c october 17th and bled for 4 days after which the bleeding stopped. I found out i was pregnant 6 weeks later though didnt know when i ovulated and i didnt get any period since after i m/c. Can someone help me in estimating my EDD?
I just found out yesterday that me and my husband had miscarried our first baby at 9 weeks or so. I was supposed to be 10 1/2. I had no bleeding or cramping at all, nothing that even made me wonder if something was wrond. We went to the doctors at 9 weeks and they tried to get a heartbeat but they said it was probably too soon to hear it on the doppler. They told us to come back in one week, Still i was not worried. Then my morning sickness went away at the click of a finger and the next week they still found no heartbeat. I was taken to u/s and they still found no heartbeat. I had the D&C done today and i have mild cramping and some bleeding. Although this is an extreemly rough time, i know that God will take care of us. I have heard that you are more fertile after a D&C because your cleaned out and everything is super "sticky" i guess would be a way to describe it. Like it's easier for the fertilized egg to implant. They told us to wait a week before having sex and a cycle before trying. I'm giving this over to God now, i figure he will have whatever is supposed to happen happen. There are plenty of people that go through a miscarriage, even multiple miscarriages and still have healthy babies. Where there's a will there's a way. God bless all of you, everything is going to be okay.
I had a misscarage 5weeks ago but I only found out last Saturday a week ago, that he died when I went for my scan I should of been 21 weeks the day after the scan but unfortchantly he passed away I had to give birth to him on the monday after I fount out everyone was upset and I cried at first because I went out and brought everything and I was so excited I was so angry and shouting " why me why not those who beet there kids! I should deserve a baby! " but I guess things happen and I got over it I still think about him coz his still my baby boy and I miss him being in my belly! He never kicked me as he died before they start kicking. I just won't to know can I get pregnant now if I try? I started trying 4 days ago I done it about 3 times a day evern tho I'm still bleeding as me and my fiance want to try again, he goes to afgan for 7 months in march and I just won't to know what is the max chance that I can get preg before the end of febuary?? Will it take that long or less? And they don't no why my baby boy died they siad it just happens will it happen to any other babys that I try for as it will be devistating to me and my fiance,    thankyou hopefully someone will right back to me please I need
help

Thankyou xx x x
These comments have been very helpful I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks i am 25 and very healthy when we found out we were very devestated and  cried for hours But after hearing how some people got pregnant right away it has made me very hopeful that it will happen again it has made
Me feel so much better because I thought we were going to have to wait a while next time I post I will let you know the next time I am pregnant
LADIES! BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL LADIES.....Im 39, I truly thought I would never have children after being told myself and my partner collectively only had a 5% chance of conceiving...(long story)....I found out 3 weeks before my IVF programme was about to begin that I was pregnant....and now have a delicious little Girl...we felt SO blessed to have her that I felt guilty to even WANT another child...but deep down prayed I would....I found out on 16th January 2012 I was pregnant....and miscarried on the 1st February at around 7 weeks. I was unprepared for the physical pain or the grimness of it all....and yet still feel lucky that it happened so early when I hear devastating stories of much later losses (including my own dear Friends, who lost their first child at 6 months pregnant the week before me....Ironically they had already decided to call their little Girl Hope)...Life is often cruel, but also full of blessings...even the fact that we all have partners who we love enough to actually WANT a child with is a blessing...some people never even find that special someone. I truly believe that we are NEVER given dreams without also having the ability to make them happen, so I am trying to relax, enjoy reconnecting with my wonderful man who is also beyond devastated....and trust that miracles happen. My lost baby was perhaps meant to be my guardian Angel (my M/C happened on the same day my Partner had heart surgery) so either way the this child will always be with me...Im not naive nor in denial. This has been devastating, but time is a healer and I only hope that you Ladies will just allow your body to fully get over the internal trauma of what has happened....Dont get me wrong, Im DESPERATE to try again, but equally I know that pressure and stress will not help me emotionally so Im going to try and chill out about it....and just believe it WILL HAPPEN...Much love to you all from a Mother of 1 beautiful Daughter, 1 sadly terminated Child (which I lost as a very young woman)...and 2 miscarried babies....Each and every one of them Angels...x  
I hope this helps. I found out (home test first) that I was pregnant what I assumed I was about 4 weeks along. Then a week later I started getting a dull pain in the lower part of my belly and began spotting. Went to doctors and they confirmed I was pregnant but could not find my pregnancy through an ultra sound. I was hospitalized for 3 days because my levels kept on rising but no sign of baby and i was in pain. They had to do a laproscopic procedure on me and found my pregnancy to be in my right tube. Doctor said it could have caused a lot of damage if I would have waited any longer...hope everything work out well..listen to your body because only you can feel when something is truly wrong. Take care  
I had my miscarriage on Jan. 2 of this year. I restarted my sex life about 2 weeks after my m/c was over. I had my normal period in feb. But now come this month I haven't gotten it, I was suppose to get is on march 2. Do you think I'm pregnant?????
I misscarried my twin baby on march12 ,it  was about 6weeks pregnant of both which didnt have heart beat.it is a unbearable loss for us.i dont want to wait.can i have sex right away after my bleeding stops.y because am a irregular period women with pcod problem.
Hope I can get an answer or advice some how. I been trying for years to get pregnant. I finally got pregnant and found out on Feb 24,2012 I had some brownish spotting went straight into the hospital they didnt say much besides the baby looks fine and to check up with my OBYGN 3weeks later I had an appoinment cuz I was 8 1/2 weeks prego and should be able to see the heart beat by then atleast. Well I didnt get good news at all. I got told with in those 3weeks nothing has changed meaning the baby and the sack was still same size and messured to 6 weeks so it was dead :( my body was not misscarage at all so i had to go into surgery and get a D&C done on March 29,2012 I go in on Thursday this week to get cleared !
My question to others is there anyone who has tried to get pregnant or has gotten pregnant like weeks after they had a misscarage or a D&C surgery done? This is my first pregnancy in my life and I am scared to death to go threw this again if I get pregnant after this I never thought i would have to go threw this. I am sorry to others who has lost there lil ones. I really want a bundle of joy!  
I just recently had a D & E (Dilation and Evacuation) about a week ago.. I was 16 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. I didn't miscarry and I had absolutely no warning signs. No spotting, no extreme pain. But the week before I had my ultrasound to find out the gender I felt sick and just felt like I was going to puke all day but I couldn't vomit. I thought I was just dehydrated because I had gotten WAY too much sun the day before. When I went in for my ultrasound the obgyn told me there wasn't a heart beat.. and it died the day I was feeling sick. The reason why I lost the baby is because the father and I both share the same mutated gene which my doctor called it trans location. The next day I had to get a D & E and now I'm just feeling so empty and lost. I really want to try again. I would love nothing more than to have that feeling back. Is there a way to get pregnant within weeks after? The doctor also told me there is a 1/4 chance that if I try and conceive again this might happen to me again. I REALLY want to try again but I am terrified at loosing another child. Can anyone help?
I had a late miscarriage at 22 weeks with my first pregnancy, i went in to hospital on a tuesday, with mild bleeding to be sent home again, and then was still bleeding on the wednesday and was admitted due to having high blood pressure and suspected pre eclampsia, throughout wednesday night i slept well despite being woken for blood pressure checks etc. but had no pain whatso ever. by the thursday morning they could not find a heart beat.i had a US that confirmed my baby had died. i was so devestated as i was hoping i was in the right place and everything would be ok. early friday morining i gave birth to a baby boy, the pain was minimal due to them giving me morphine. i am so eager to try for another baby again but i cant due to still having high BP and taking tablets, they have also discovered that i possibly have a thyroid problem. things just seem to be getting worse!! My partner doesnt seem to really be able to cope with what has happendend and dismisses any conversation i have about when we plan to try again. reading your stories has given me hope for the future and comfort knowing that i am not alone in wanting to try again straight away. i hope you all get to be blessed with a baby again. x
I found out at almost 13 weeks that my baby no longer had a heartbeat and had stopped growing at 9 weeks.  I ended up having to have a d and c on march 6th 2012.  we both want a baby more than anything else.  After waiting for one cycle, as advised,  We have started trying again.  My period is due in a week but im hoping and praying that it never comes!  Good luck to everyone and I'm so sorry that we have all been through such a traumatic time x
I had a miscarrage (miscarriage) at 11 weeks on 1st april 12 and was bleeding for 1 week the most painful thing ever i got rushed to hospital they took my blood and said your baby is fine the next day the sac with baby inside came out! I didint have a d/c im on my period now when is best time to get pregnant im 17
Had abortion 6weeks nw,have had protected sex very sure d condom did nt break 1week later did prg test all camee negetive 3tym different weeks.and no signs of preg symptom,wen will my period *** plz help
I have a 2 year old daughter with Mild/Moderate Cerebral Palsy who is otherwise very healthy... Walking, talking, everything. I had a normal pregnancy with her but she had a stoke either en utero or at birth. I recently (2 weeks ago) had a m/c at 5-6 weeks pregnant. My hcg levels were very low to start with and dropped to less than 2 in 9 days. The Dr told me that they usually advise to wait 1-3 months but I have had endometriosis for 10 years and he advises me not to wait "that" long but to wait til my period.
I've read all of the threads but an still curious... Would it be dangerous for us to try now? I understand for woman who were further along or had to have a d/c but mine was natural and I was so early in it. My mind has healed (as much as one can expect) and we're very anxious to give our amazing daughter a sibling.
Amy similar experience? Advice?
Thanks everyone and best of luck to you all!
I m/c on the 14th july 2012 i was 11 weeks 4 days but apparently i lost it at 8 weeks took 3 weeks to start bleeding i found it strange i started bleeding when i was due for my period doc gave me a curette, I want to try again i bled for a week ive been have sex for 2 weeks now and havent fallen preg so being more fertile after a m/c im not sure if thats true.......doc told me to take folic acid a month before trying and 12 weeks when i fall, i did get the folic and iodine but it gave me a REALLY strong smell down there :/ so i stopped taking them. I will get just the folic tabs next......
Hi, I too had a m/c on 2nd Aug 2012, I was 10 weeks pregnant but had an US done as I had started spotting for 2 days and it revealed that my sac only measured 6 weeks and there was no fetal development (blighted ovum). That same evening I started to bleed like a normal period. I had D&C done on 3rd Aug - it was not painful and was only bleeding lightly after that which has now just stopped.

It was very disheartening but the OB told me to look on the bright side that I CAN get pregnant and that my husband and I should try after 1-2 cycle. He also told me that it is not common to get 2-3 blighted ovum in a row.

I too have started on folic acid, iron and micro-vitamin capsules to try and avoid another BO. I am to take these for 1 month.  

Good luck to all those trying to conceive! :)

hi ladies
i miscarried last week and im eager to get pregnant again. ive heard that you are more fertile after a m/c is this true an how long are you more fertile for?
thanks
Hey sara , We also have been trying for over a year! i misscarged a few days ago they expect i was 4-5 weeks! only my story is a lil diffrent!, i found out i was pregnant weds when i went to my local gp with slight dark discharge! and stomac cramps!, they did a test and told me i was pregnant i was so excited the pain had stoped but they sent me to the hospital to be on the safe side!, We waited in A&E to be seen and they did my bloods confirmed i was pregnant and said to come back friday! (i spend all day thurasay excited) i went to EpU Friday for my apoiment  i did a urine test which came back negative! i was really upset they told me i had a misscarge and i was 4 to 5 weeks pregnant, took my bloods and sent me home! me and my other half spent all morning upset and angry, to then get a call when i was going to pick up my 4 year old son from school, my blood test and come back and my hormone levels had gone higher! i could still be pregnant is what the doc told me!! i went to the chemist and brought a test i had to! just so i could see the result! Positve!! i was really counfussed! i went back sunday for more bloodes the doctor was counfussed and so was i! she sent me home and said she would ring with the results! i didnt know how to feel!, she rang later on in the day and said my hormone levels had droped by 20% and she sure i was having a misscage! todays monday im all over the place, i thought that it was our turn to have some good news! they want me to go back thursday for more bloodes! the process is so draining! and the wores thing is having to face people! sorry if my story drags! Baiscly i kno how you feel a year is an extremly long time!! we will try again but to how soon i am soo unsure! xx
hi ladies I'm new to the sight I was looking for information on fertility after miscarriage and I found this site and seen all of your posts and it gave me hope. It has been 2 days since I passed my baby that I wanted more than life its self I am still bleeding a little (sorry if tmi) but I am wondering if it is okay to start trying again as soon as the bleeding has stopped from what I have read women are more fertile after going through this is this true. I am very sorry for all that has gone through the same experience it has left me with a very empty hole in my soul and has been very difficult but reading your posts have given me hope if anyone can shed some light on this situation I would really appreciate it.
Hi. Well I am 19 years old. I'm almost 20. I had a miscarriage on jan 9th 2013 I was five weeks I bled for seven days my husband and I  started trying again right away. Could I be pregnant again? How long should I wait until I take a test? I'm scared of a negative result. Should I be starting my period soon if I am not?
They saw a sack and a yolk but no baby i am /was 7 weeks Just got hgc levels tested thurs. they were 23750 thurs. On saturday they were 13580 so i had a m/c no cramps, no blood, nothing at all is this normal and how long untill i can i try to get preg again
Did you ever have any success?  My wife is 40 and we just had a M/C.