Are You More Fertile After Miscarriage? True or False
Hey ladies... I recently had a miscarriage and DH and I are looking to try again.  I've heard that you are more fertile after a miscarriage- does anyone know if this is true or just rumor for someone who would really like that to be true (me)?!  The bleeding has pretty much stopped, though it picks up a bit after sex but then stops again, so I think my body is done getting rid of everything...  Has anyone else had a m/c and conceived shortly after?  I'd love some stories that would envoke hope :)  Thanks!
I have a child who is going to be five years old in June and am so thankful for him.  I wanted two children but could never seem to convince my husband to have another one with me.  I am 34 and he is 40.  The subject of another child came up this past summer.   We fought over the subject so often that we almost ended up seperating.  Finally, after many disputes he decided that I could have until 36 to try or I would just get fixed.  So I went off the pill in October and to my surprise was got pregnant in November found out I was pregnant in December.  We had both just got excited about the pregnancy in time for me to m/c on Jan 2nd of 2011.  It has been a very horrible experience for me.  I am trying again but scared to death that if I become pregnant again I will miscarry.  I have read so much material its amazing.   We are trying again becaue it feels like the biological clock is working against us. :(  I don't want to lose another baby...
I'm very saddened by all the news on this forum and find it very comforting as I am experiencing simliar situations. This is the first time I've joined a forum, but as reading other peoples experiences helps me I thought I would join in.

My husband and I fell pregnant in Sept 2009 for the 1st time but unfortunately we miscarriaged. We should have been 9 weeks but the baby had stopped developing as 6 weeks. I had a D&C. We then fell pregnant again in Jan 2010, we had very sad news and had a still-birth at 32 weeks. It was the most pain we had ever experienced, it was an unexplained stillbirth and although we've had several tests they all came back nonconclusive - reason unknown. We decided to try again as soon as we got the go ahead. We then feel pregnant again in Jan 2011, unfortunately we miscarried naturally at 7 weeks - Our consultant says he does not think the miscarriages & stillbirth are related, we have just been very unlucky. I had an ultrascan last week and everything has come away and they could see that I was about to ovulate again and everything looked healthy. Absolutely amazing technology! We have been referred to the reaccuring miscarriage unit but there is a waiting list. Because everything looks normal we have been given the go ahead to try again. We stay positive and trust that one day we will be a parents. Please stay strong and have faith in the fact you are not alone.
I have a 2 yr sweet baby boy . I was 8 weeks 6 days pregant with my second baby when I spotted - one tiny dot of blood. My husband and I went in for ultrasound - and dr advised baby heart stoped beating. - Baby measured at 7 weeks 6 days. I had a dnc on Wed 02/09/11. We had unprotected sex on 02/20/10 . On friday - 02/25/11 I told dr that I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. The dr said it could be a couple weeks before my hcg levels go down. But then by the next week 03/02/11 , the nurse practitioner adv to take another test and to come in for hcg quantative level check. The preg test was postivie . SO on thursday 03/03/11 I had blood work done and friday the dr called to adv hcg was 218. I have to go back in for another blood work check today. The nurse practioner adv that my hcg should be at 0 after dnc. I dont know what to think. ANy advise.
I'm copying and pasting something that I wrote above because it sounds like you may be in the same (happy) position:

I just wanted to let everyone here know that a good friend of mine recently miscarried very early in her pregnancy. She bled for 6 days, ovulated on day 11 and discovered on day 21 that she is pregnant again! She is 42 years old and this will be her 2nd child (daughter is one year old). It can happen THAT fast!
----------------
Just so you know, my friend went on to give birth to that baby--her second happy and healthy daughter. It seems to be that you could be pregnant again. I would treat it that way until you know differently. I hope you are! If not, I think it could just take awhile for your numbers to come down.

Good luck!
hi i am 18 yrs old and had a miss carriage i had my 12 week scan and no heart beat was foudn i had a d/c. i am struggling at the moment to come to terms with what has happened even though as i keep gettin told i am young and have my whole life ahead of me !! Myself and my Boyfriend of near on two years have not been ussing contraception since i stop bleeding 2 weeks ago and i was wondering wether us women are more fertile? wether complications can occur if we havent had at least one normal cycle and wether it is common that what happened to me / all of us on here could happen again straight away.

im finding this forum very comfortin as i am ver emotionally frigile at the moment!! thank you i do not feel quite so alone any more !!

x
me and my fiance where having sex and he was grabbing my boobs when all of a sudden milk came out...freaked out we stopped and checked them it kept happening so we went and bought pregnancy test. all 6 of them came out negative i hadnt started period in over a month and my boobs have never leaked before......about 2 weeks late i still hadnt gone to the doctor cause of my work schedule i started crampming hardcore so bad i took a hydrocodine for the pain i couldn't walk than i started what i thought was my period and it was a heavy flow and stay that way for the 4 days....also the week before all the pain i was waking up with a fever and feeling uncomfortable i never went to the doctor and still haven't....do yalll think i had a miscarriage and should i go to the doctor even tho that was early november? its just none of the test came out positive they where all negative?
I just had a miscarriage (2/27/11).  My husband and I were making love and afterward I had very sharp pains, I went to the ER they told me I was pregnant and that I was having a threatened miscarriage.  My HCG was only at 296, when I went back a week later with pain it was at 234 which indicated a miscarriage.  On Tuesday it was down to 77 and today I wasn't able to get the results because the clinic had closed.  I am so sad about this, I have a 9 year old daughter and my husband doesn't have any kids.  It took us about 8 months to get pregnant and I am hoping that I am still fertile because we have been trying ever since the miscarriage.  Please pray for us so that we can have a healthy and happy baby......
wow i just had my m/c on3/13/11 i was 6 weeks along i just finished telling basically my whole family im 20 years old and i was ready make some major changes for my little one but then its like a dark cloud cam on the 13th that i cant seem to quite get over even tho it was not a full term baby i could feel the changes in me my body my mind set idk even tho im youn and need to finsih college i feel i was ready for what i was going to bring into the world... i stopped bleeding on the 3/15/11 and had sex that day no protection and the next. i really want to see that nice pink plus sign ugh! help help !?? suggestions anyone please
Hiya Ash,
I am also 18 and had a miscarriage on thursday (5w/4d). But I hate to sound like I am preaching but I had a missed miscarriage just like yourself in 2009 (when I was 17) and I have only just got over it a couple of months ago. I hated myself and wanted to get pregnant again and the stress of it all made it so hard. I couldn't understand why it had happened. If I could go back a year or so, I wouldn't have tried again straight after. Every period that came and went ruined me for a few days. Just thought I might help.... Hope your ok
If you are really leaking milk then you are or have recently been pregnant. I have had three children and my milk did not even come in until after giving birth. I would most definitely go to a doctor ASAP if I were you. It may not be milk at all and could be something else. I was actually reading these posts because I recently had a miscarriage. I came across yours and was a little alarmed. Good luck.
I have been sexually active for about 20 years now, and had 2 long term relationships, and the only baby I produced was concieved through IVF.  I now have a new partner, and we were both extremely shocked to discover in january I was pregnant.  Sadly we had only known about it for about a week when I miscarried at 6 weeks.  I took 3 pregnancy tests in the couple of weeks after the miscarriage, which all came back negative.  At the start of this month I began to get pregnancy symptoms again, did a test and it was postitve!!  I am only 7 weeks now, and still worry daily.  I'm constantly checking when I go to the toilet for any bleeding.  However everything seems to be ticking along quite nicely at the moment.  No sign of any bleeding, and no pain.
I just want to tell everyone not to give up.  It is possible to become pregnant again straight after a miscarriage, but I do worry that I will not be able to cope if I miscarry again so soon.  Sometimes I think we should have waited, to let me heal mentally as well as physically.  But fate is a funny old thing!
I had a mc at 7 1/2, i didnt find out till i was a few days from 12 weeks i was so excited that week bc the chance of a mc would have gone down.. Until i started bleeding i started crying amediently i was so scared i laid down for 30 mins & checked again i wasnt bleeding but i had someone take me to the hospital anyway there i started bleeding again bt worse they did an u/s they saw the baby but no heart beat i was already crushed by the look on the drs face bt my husband said it looked like it was movin so i calmed down &tried to stay positive for him &my baby bt i knew something was wrong &thy came back hrs later aftr doing 2 more u/s & told me it was a mc i had a d&c 4days later i can honostly say that was the worst night in my entire life im 19 got married a week before bc i was pregnant im in my senior yr of hs i had things for that baby already i had already made it my life had a name picked out im still so crushed we named our baby caleb we always thought it was a boy &his gma had a dream his grandpa was rocking him in a chair singin to him in heaven he will always be my baby my first baby whose always in mind &in my heart i will never forget him
I know how you feel. I was 25 when I had my firs miscarriage and then My husband and I tried to concieve for (get this) TWENTY YEARS!  Last   month I got pregnant  and lost this baby at 5 weeks  Im 45 .   I am sorry for your loss. This was our last time to try as I am to old now.  If you are still young Keep trying .. you just NEVER know
most doctors recommend you wait 3 months to try again because your body need time to heal, sometimes even 2 weeks after you miscarrage a pregnancy test can show up positive because your hcg levels are still kinda high, my doctor told me i had a blighted ovum the other day and i miscarried 2 days ago, my doctor told me to wait at least 3 months and i most likey would get pregnant with the next couple of tries if i was to try again.
I am 40 now.  Just remarried in 08.  My new husband has never had a child.  So we decided even at our age to try for a small family.  I became pregnant in December of 2010.   All was going so well.  I had genetic testing done at 13 wks along with an US that showed baby was healthy and the odds of downs and the trisomys that are common were so low.  So I felt I could relax from that news.  At 18 wks my ankles swelled to twice their size suddenly in the evening hrs.   My son was in panic right along with me.   My husband was out of town.  The following day I called off work to continue helping myself with the edema.  I called the drs office and spoke to their nurse and she wrote it off that this is normal.  She said swelling is very common with pregnancy.  Well I knew in my heart this was a little more than just the normal puffiness you get from pregnancy since I did have a healthy pregnancy to compare this to.  I went in the following day for my monthly check up and the doppler wouldn't pick up the heartbeat like it usually would.  The dr then decided to do an ultrasound and claimed he couldn't find a heartbeat.  I broke out in tears.  How was I going to tell my husband that was so excited to have his 1st child.  The following day I was ordered to have 1 more US to confirm that there was no heartbeat. This was on a Friday.   The dr wanted to enduce labor for me on Monday but I begged him to start right away since I couldn't bare the thought of carrying a lifeless baby in me all weekend long.  The dr seemed irritated with me but then came around and had me admitted to deliver our boy.  He was 8 inches long and weighed in at .13kg.  It took me 16hrs to deliver him.  I had the epidural and everything like you would if you were delivering full term.  It was so heartbreaking.  My husband seemed so in a daze.  Almost like it wasn't even his child this was happening to.  He didn't want to talk about it much at all after I delivered which made it that much harder.  I believe I cried for 3 weeks every day straight.   I started thinking I would never get over this and that maybe this ruined my life.  But God does show mercy on all of us.  Some how he lightened the pain by the end of that month.  I no longer cried so much but just thought about our boy.  I bled for about 2 1/2 weeks after the miscarriage.  Never needed a D & C.  We had sex as soon as I stopped bleeding.  I had never felt so close to my husband as I did the first time after this all happened.  It some how brought us closer.  It comforts me to know that this experience has not discouraged us to try again down the road.  Of course at my age it will have to be shortly down the road.  I suppose if I do become pregnant again through the grace of God I will just put this all in His hands.  If another miscarriage happens this time around I will have expected it to happen and hopefully it wont be as devastating as the first one.  I can only hope I would be better prepared if it happens again.  I try to find good in bad experiences to help keep that move forward additude going.  I would like to think that this experience has taught me to relate to other peoples losses or trials better.   I used to not be as empathetic as I am now.  My heart bleeds for anyone going through any type of hardship now.  My passion for starting a family with my new husband is still as strong if not stronger than it was before the miscarriage.  Only God can decide to bless us with a healthy child if he feels it's the right thing for us.  What ever the lesson was He tried to teach me I consider it learned because I feel an acceptance now and feel closer to people and respect the whole blessing of conceiving that much more.  There was a part of me in the beginning of the pregnancy that had doubts for having become pregnant due to my age and the set up of living arrangements.  Perhaps that was my lesson to never doubt again.  I will take that guilt right into the grave with me.  But I've learned from that and know I would feel better this time around if I am so lucky.  I used to think when the sperm meets the egg that was the whole miracle.  I learned too that just being able to line up all the chromosomes correctly and be healthy enough to carry baby to full term is a miracle too.  Having baby stay healthy long after birth is a miracle.  Looking at my 21 year old son now is different too.  I realize I was blessed 100 times over back when I was 19 and just never realized it.  What an eye opener a miscarriage can be.  For anyone that has gone through this painful loss I wish each and everyone of you a sucessful pregnancy and birth to your next child.  For anyone ttc may God bless your womb and bring you a healthy child to hold and to love and to raise into a sucessful adult.  God bless everyone on here and all over the world going through this or any other heavy burden you face.  
I am 20 years old, and I recently had a miscarriage at 6 weeks - my heavy bleeding only lasted three days and slowed into spotting. It was not a planned pregnancy, but my fiance and I had gotten very excited. We plan to try again. Where I did not bleed very long and it was so early in the pregnancy, would trying to conceive right away be a good idea? And if in some cases women are more fertile after a miscarriage I am anxious to try it! I am very eager to become pregnant again, I am just worried to be one of the unlucky ones who miscarry back to back, any input would be very helpful!
Thank you!!

Hi Michelle. My name is Nicole. I read your post and I have to tell you I feel like you totally touched me. I went through my MC last Friday. Two days before Mother’s Day and I’ve been struggling to try and make sense out of it. I like how you kept looking for the reason or what you were supposed to learn. I too believe that I took having a child for granted. I thought it would be a walk in the park when I was ready for it. But after I lost the baby, I realized, like you, that having a baby isn’t just about the egg and sperm meeting. Funny, right? How naïve. I’ll be 40 next year and I’m not married AND I have fibroids. I’m terrified that I won’t have kids but I like that you’re still trying. It helps me to keep trying too.
I got pregnant around the end of january. There was no for sure date of conception of gestational age b/c i was taking birth controls in dec. and then stopped at the end but my lmp was the 17th of dec so the doctors said i was around 11-14 weeks at my first appt at the end of jan. My pregnancy was normal morning sickness, excessive urinating, eating alot so i thought everything was fine. i switched hospitals b/c i didnt like the way the other one was operating and the baby was still fine in feb.with my first u/s the doctors saw no heartbeat and said i was about 6wks gestational. i didnt know what to believe. On march 17, 2011 i started ti bleed around 2pm so i went straight to the er. first of all the doctor was so rude he told me well if its gonna happen there is nothing we can do. so they drew blood to check my hcg levels i had an u/s and they confirmed that i was miscarrying. There was a sac that was still growing but the baby had already passed when i first saw the blood. my bf and i was devastated and i was crying in the er. I had a sonogram on the 21st where they also confirmed my deepest fear. i bled for about 21/2 wks and then when the bleeding stop my bf and i started trying again.i took a pregnancy test in may and it was positive. i had a gyn checkup and told the nurse about the at home pregnancy test she tested me again and then gave me an appt for an u/s the next day. i had the ultrasound and come to find out i was not preg again there was still conception material left over so the doctor scheduled me for a d&c on May 11th. I was walking around with this stuff still in me for almost 2 mnths and the DR told me i could of started to spontaneously bleed excessively i could of died or got a bad infection. so i had the d&c i bled for about 3 days afterwards and then my bf and i got my period june 8th so im just waiting til the bleeding stops to start trying again hopefully it will be a better story to tell.
I am 16. I had a miscarriage between the 15-23 of last month. I had sex with my boyfriend the day after I miscarried. I was 6 weeks along. I didn't use any protection, and I was not on birth control. He used the "pull-out" system. Is there any way I could be pregnant again? It's been almost sixteen days since that incident. I have not had any signs or symptoms of pregnancy. My breasts aren't sore, I don't have any cravings, or mood swings, or even morning sickness. I really don't wish to be pregnant again, not this soon. I want to wait until I'm older. We had sex again a fewbdays after that incident except for he didn't ***, and we did again the other night and he didn't ***. Could I be pregnant from that? We didn't use protection or birth control. I'm supposed to have a cycle 4-6 weeks after this miscarriage. It hasn't got to then yet. I figure to start around the 20th. Could you please help?! I really need some help and advice. I'm too little to have a baby right now, the doctor's said I could possibly die during birth. Please help?
OK...seriously...they DO NOT shock fetuses.....please!
I miscarried on August 1st. We was about 4 1/2 weeks along, due April 8th, 2012. I stopped bleeding only 5 days later on the 6th. We're currently taking ovulation tests to try again this month. I have a 18 month old daughter right now and would love another addition to our family. So im certainly hoping for the best and that we can conceive before my period.
Sorry to hear of all the loses. and hope the best for everyone whos still ttc.
I am 41 and have undergone IVF to conceive. I was 8 weeks pregnant until yesterday when I had the shock at my  ultrasound which showed no heart beat and the growth of a 6 week 4 day baby. It was truly awful. I have an appointment booked at the hospital for tomorrow to remove contents and am still in shock. I know 8 weeks doesn't sound that long compared to many of the stories here but this is the first time I have manage to get this far, after 2 failed attempts and one other early miscarriage. It depresses me to the core that I am 41 and havent got a child, It felt so close to the magic '12 weeks' when supposedly all is well and you can tell friends and family. Instead I have 3 months of waiting before i can attempt another IVF. The emotional strain and the financial cost is unbelievable as I have at this time of my life gone for the best clinic in the country. They monitor very closely with drugs blood test and scans all which costs. I am 41 with no money to try again and a lost little baby to deal with. the strain is terrible on my partner who feels my IVF has been never ending for the past 4 years, all i can do is try to save my money again and try to believe it may just work for me this time.
hi all im kelly, age 27. i was on the injection (depo) after my first child (3 yrs) and came off it on 12th may 2011, i had a miscarriage on 17th june but i didnt even know i was pregnant. i done a pregnace test on 10th aug and it came back positive so i done another 3 and they were all positive so i went to the doctors on fri 12th aug and they done one, i had 2 wait till monday 15th for results but on sat i had a pinky discharge which i thort nothing of and on sunday i had blood so i phoned cue doc and they told me 2 go hospital. i had 2 do a pregnancy test when i got there and it came back negative so i explained my sitution and the nurse said it was just the hormones still in my system. i was devistated as i thought i was pregnant but now that i have had 2 periods since my miscarriage me and my partner are trying again so fingers crossed and good luck to u all....... and my advice to ASKB, if ur not ready for a child use contraception! the 'pull out' method does not work! men produce pre-come and that can get u pregnant and the man can't always feel that coming up. b careful and good luck
Hi i was told nearly 2 weeks ago i had had a delayed miscarage they couldn't tell me when it had happened which is hard but also good because i cant pin it on anything i did, i have chosen to let nature take its course & have another scan next week to make sure everything has gone, i am really scared there going to say i need medical intervention i am hoping it wont come to that as the first day i started bleeding i lost a really big clot and 2 smaller ones a week later but the bleeding has been on & of for 9 days now & i think it has stopped now. Is this normal for the bleeding to be on & off, it hasnt been as heavy as my periods either which they said it would be so im a bit unsure, can anyone help please.
Hey girl, If you only bleed for a rew hours and your blood work shows up pasotive ( which is the best way to tell) , and a pee test is negative, you are probably a new pregnant mommy. You may not have enough HCG in your system for your urin to detect,  but enough in your blood. What a few weeks... you will see something. :)  I recently had a miscarriage with twins, 10 and a half weeks pregnant... my miscarriage was 2 weeks ago. My HCG levels started dropping before I even miscarried. I went from 20020 to 1700 and then 1700 to 7000 before my miscarriage. If its still in your blood... your fine! good luck!!
I feel so relieve with the testimonies of new pregnancies immediately after miscarriage,i hope mine arrives soon too.I had a miscarriage on the 6 of october i was 11+2 weeks,the sad story is i started bleeding with lot's of pains and cramps at home,before i could get to the hospital i had discharge everything,on getting to the hospital the doctor did a scan and said the pregnancy was still infact,i was in africa then...i had to rush back to europe only for the doctors to tell me the pregnancy is been out since the day i satrted bleeding because there's nothng even the scan picture he gave me was clear to the doctor there's nothing...he just put an arrow to the right ovary and said that was the pregnancy.I felt my whole world was coming to an end... but since i found this site and praying to God i feel relieved,i want to wait after the first period to try again with my fingers crossed.I'm believing God who never fails will give me again because all power belongs to him and his the Almighty!!!
I m/c october 17th and bled for 4 days after which the bleeding stopped. I found out i was pregnant 6 weeks later though didnt know when i ovulated and i didnt get any period since after i m/c. Can someone help me in estimating my EDD?
I just found out yesterday that me and my husband had miscarried our first baby at 9 weeks or so. I was supposed to be 10 1/2. I had no bleeding or cramping at all, nothing that even made me wonder if something was wrond. We went to the doctors at 9 weeks and they tried to get a heartbeat but they said it was probably too soon to hear it on the doppler. They told us to come back in one week, Still i was not worried. Then my morning sickness went away at the click of a finger and the next week they still found no heartbeat. I was taken to u/s and they still found no heartbeat. I had the D&C done today and i have mild cramping and some bleeding. Although this is an extreemly rough time, i know that God will take care of us. I have heard that you are more fertile after a D&C because your cleaned out and everything is super "sticky" i guess would be a way to describe it. Like it's easier for the fertilized egg to implant. They told us to wait a week before having sex and a cycle before trying. I'm giving this over to God now, i figure he will have whatever is supposed to happen happen. There are plenty of people that go through a miscarriage, even multiple miscarriages and still have healthy babies. Where there's a will there's a way. God bless all of you, everything is going to be okay.
I had a misscarage 5weeks ago but I only found out last Saturday a week ago, that he died when I went for my scan I should of been 21 weeks the day after the scan but unfortchantly he passed away I had to give birth to him on the monday after I fount out everyone was upset and I cried at first because I went out and brought everything and I was so excited I was so angry and shouting " why me why not those who beet there kids! I should deserve a baby! " but I guess things happen and I got over it I still think about him coz his still my baby boy and I miss him being in my belly! He never kicked me as he died before they start kicking. I just won't to know can I get pregnant now if I try? I started trying 4 days ago I done it about 3 times a day evern tho I'm still bleeding as me and my fiance want to try again, he goes to afgan for 7 months in march and I just won't to know what is the max chance that I can get preg before the end of febuary?? Will it take that long or less? And they don't no why my baby boy died they siad it just happens will it happen to any other babys that I try for as it will be devistating to me and my fiance,    thankyou hopefully someone will right back to me please I need
help

Thankyou xx x x
These comments have been very helpful I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks i am 25 and very healthy when we found out we were very devestated and  cried for hours But after hearing how some people got pregnant right away it has made me very hopeful that it will happen again it has made
Me feel so much better because I thought we were going to have to wait a while next time I post I will let you know the next time I am pregnant
LADIES! BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL LADIES.....Im 39, I truly thought I would never have children after being told myself and my partner collectively only had a 5% chance of conceiving...(long story)....I found out 3 weeks before my IVF programme was about to begin that I was pregnant....and now have a delicious little Girl...we felt SO blessed to have her that I felt guilty to even WANT another child...but deep down prayed I would....I found out on 16th January 2012 I was pregnant....and miscarried on the 1st February at around 7 weeks. I was unprepared for the physical pain or the grimness of it all....and yet still feel lucky that it happened so early when I hear devastating stories of much later losses (including my own dear Friends, who lost their first child at 6 months pregnant the week before me....Ironically they had already decided to call their little Girl Hope)...Life is often cruel, but also full of blessings...even the fact that we all have partners who we love enough to actually WANT a child with is a blessing...some people never even find that special someone. I truly believe that we are NEVER given dreams without also having the ability to make them happen, so I am trying to relax, enjoy reconnecting with my wonderful man who is also beyond devastated....and trust that miracles happen. My lost baby was perhaps meant to be my guardian Angel (my M/C happened on the same day my Partner had heart surgery) so either way the this child will always be with me...Im not naive nor in denial. This has been devastating, but time is a healer and I only hope that you Ladies will just allow your body to fully get over the internal trauma of what has happened....Dont get me wrong, Im DESPERATE to try again, but equally I know that pressure and stress will not help me emotionally so Im going to try and chill out about it....and just believe it WILL HAPPEN...Much love to you all from a Mother of 1 beautiful Daughter, 1 sadly terminated Child (which I lost as a very young woman)...and 2 miscarried babies....Each and every one of them Angels...x  
I hope this helps. I found out (home test first) that I was pregnant what I assumed I was about 4 weeks along. Then a week later I started getting a dull pain in the lower part of my belly and began spotting. Went to doctors and they confirmed I was pregnant but could not find my pregnancy through an ultra sound. I was hospitalized for 3 days because my levels kept on rising but no sign of baby and i was in pain. They had to do a laproscopic procedure on me and found my pregnancy to be in my right tube. Doctor said it could have caused a lot of damage if I would have waited any longer...hope everything work out well..listen to your body because only you can feel when something is truly wrong. Take care  
I had my miscarriage on Jan. 2 of this year. I restarted my sex life about 2 weeks after my m/c was over. I had my normal period in feb. But now come this month I haven't gotten it, I was suppose to get is on march 2. Do you think I'm pregnant?????
I misscarried my twin baby on march12 ,it  was about 6weeks pregnant of both which didnt have heart beat.it is a unbearable loss for us.i dont want to wait.can i have sex right away after my bleeding stops.y because am a irregular period women with pcod problem.
Hope I can get an answer or advice some how. I been trying for years to get pregnant. I finally got pregnant and found out on Feb 24,2012 I had some brownish spotting went straight into the hospital they didnt say much besides the baby looks fine and to check up with my OBYGN 3weeks later I had an appoinment cuz I was 8 1/2 weeks prego and should be able to see the heart beat by then atleast. Well I didnt get good news at all. I got told with in those 3weeks nothing has changed meaning the baby and the sack was still same size and messured to 6 weeks so it was dead :( my body was not misscarage at all so i had to go into surgery and get a D&C done on March 29,2012 I go in on Thursday this week to get cleared !
My question to others is there anyone who has tried to get pregnant or has gotten pregnant like weeks after they had a misscarage or a D&C surgery done? This is my first pregnancy in my life and I am scared to death to go threw this again if I get pregnant after this I never thought i would have to go threw this. I am sorry to others who has lost there lil ones. I really want a bundle of joy!  
I just recently had a D & E (Dilation and Evacuation) about a week ago.. I was 16 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. I didn't miscarry and I had absolutely no warning signs. No spotting, no extreme pain. But the week before I had my ultrasound to find out the gender I felt sick and just felt like I was going to puke all day but I couldn't vomit. I thought I was just dehydrated because I had gotten WAY too much sun the day before. When I went in for my ultrasound the obgyn told me there wasn't a heart beat.. and it died the day I was feeling sick. The reason why I lost the baby is because the father and I both share the same mutated gene which my doctor called it trans location. The next day I had to get a D & E and now I'm just feeling so empty and lost. I really want to try again. I would love nothing more than to have that feeling back. Is there a way to get pregnant within weeks after? The doctor also told me there is a 1/4 chance that if I try and conceive again this might happen to me again. I REALLY want to try again but I am terrified at loosing another child. Can anyone help?
I had a late miscarriage at 22 weeks with my first pregnancy, i went in to hospital on a tuesday, with mild bleeding to be sent home again, and then was still bleeding on the wednesday and was admitted due to having high blood pressure and suspected pre eclampsia, throughout wednesday night i slept well despite being woken for blood pressure checks etc. but had no pain whatso ever. by the thursday morning they could not find a heart beat.i had a US that confirmed my baby had died. i was so devestated as i was hoping i was in the right place and everything would be ok. early friday morining i gave birth to a baby boy, the pain was minimal due to them giving me morphine. i am so eager to try for another baby again but i cant due to still having high BP and taking tablets, they have also discovered that i possibly have a thyroid problem. things just seem to be getting worse!! My partner doesnt seem to really be able to cope with what has happendend and dismisses any conversation i have about when we plan to try again. reading your stories has given me hope for the future and comfort knowing that i am not alone in wanting to try again straight away. i hope you all get to be blessed with a baby again. x
I found out at almost 13 weeks that my baby no longer had a heartbeat and had stopped growing at 9 weeks.  I ended up having to have a d and c on march 6th 2012.  we both want a baby more than anything else.  After waiting for one cycle, as advised,  We have started trying again.  My period is due in a week but im hoping and praying that it never comes!  Good luck to everyone and I'm so sorry that we have all been through such a traumatic time x
I had a miscarrage at 11 weeks on 1st april 12 and was bleeding for 1 week the most painful thing ever i got rushed to hospital they took my blood and said your baby is fine the next day the sac with baby inside came out! I didint have a d/c im on my period now when is best time to get pregnant im 17
Had abortion 6weeks nw,have had protected sex very sure d condom did nt break 1week later did prg test all camee negetive 3tym different weeks.and no signs of preg symptom,wen will my period *** plz help
I have a 2 year old daughter with Mild/Moderate Cerebral Palsy who is otherwise very healthy... Walking, talking, everything. I had a normal pregnancy with her but she had a stoke either en utero or at birth. I recently (2 weeks ago) had a m/c at 5-6 weeks pregnant. My hcg levels were very low to start with and dropped to less than 2 in 9 days. The Dr told me that they usually advise to wait 1-3 months but I have had endometriosis for 10 years and he advises me not to wait "that" long but to wait til my period.
I've read all of the threads but an still curious... Would it be dangerous for us to try now? I understand for woman who were further along or had to have a d/c but mine was natural and I was so early in it. My mind has healed (as much as one can expect) and we're very anxious to give our amazing daughter a sibling.
Amy similar experience? Advice?
Thanks everyone and best of luck to you all!
I m/c on the 14th july 2012 i was 11 weeks 4 days but apparently i lost it at 8 weeks took 3 weeks to start bleeding i found it strange i started bleeding when i was due for my period doc gave me a curette, I want to try again i bled for a week ive been have sex for 2 weeks now and havent fallen preg so being more fertile after a m/c im not sure if thats true.......doc told me to take folic acid a month before trying and 12 weeks when i fall, i did get the folic and iodine but it gave me a REALLY strong smell down there :/ so i stopped taking them. I will get just the folic tabs next......
Hi, I too had a m/c on 2nd Aug 2012, I was 10 weeks pregnant but had an US done as I had started spotting for 2 days and it revealed that my sac only measured 6 weeks and there was no fetal development (blighted ovum). That same evening I started to bleed like a normal period. I had D&C done on 3rd Aug - it was not painful and was only bleeding lightly after that which has now just stopped.

It was very disheartening but the OB told me to look on the bright side that I CAN get pregnant and that my husband and I should try after 1-2 cycle. He also told me that it is not common to get 2-3 blighted ovum in a row.

I too have started on folic acid, iron and micro-vitamin capsules to try and avoid another BO. I am to take these for 1 month.  

Good luck to all those trying to conceive! :)

hi ladies
i miscarried last week and im eager to get pregnant again. ive heard that you are more fertile after a m/c is this true an how long are you more fertile for?
thanks
Hey sara , We also have been trying for over a year! i misscarged a few days ago they expect i was 4-5 weeks! only my story is a lil diffrent!, i found out i was pregnant weds when i went to my local gp with slight dark discharge! and stomac cramps!, they did a test and told me i was pregnant i was so excited the pain had stoped but they sent me to the hospital to be on the safe side!, We waited in A&E to be seen and they did my bloods confirmed i was pregnant and said to come back friday! (i spend all day thurasay excited) i went to EpU Friday for my apoiment  i did a urine test which came back negative! i was really upset they told me i had a misscarge and i was 4 to 5 weeks pregnant, took my bloods and sent me home! me and my other half spent all morning upset and angry, to then get a call when i was going to pick up my 4 year old son from school, my blood test and come back and my hormone levels had gone higher! i could still be pregnant is what the doc told me!! i went to the chemist and brought a test i had to! just so i could see the result! Positve!! i was really counfussed! i went back sunday for more bloodes the doctor was counfussed and so was i! she sent me home and said she would ring with the results! i didnt know how to feel!, she rang later on in the day and said my hormone levels had droped by 20% and she sure i was having a misscage! todays monday im all over the place, i thought that it was our turn to have some good news! they want me to go back thursday for more bloodes! the process is so draining! and the wores thing is having to face people! sorry if my story drags! Baiscly i kno how you feel a year is an extremly long time!! we will try again but to how soon i am soo unsure! xx
hi ladies I'm new to the sight I was looking for information on fertility after miscarriage and I found this site and seen all of your posts and it gave me hope. It has been 2 days since I passed my baby that I wanted more than life its self I am still bleeding a little (sorry if tmi) but I am wondering if it is okay to start trying again as soon as the bleeding has stopped from what I have read women are more fertile after going through this is this true. I am very sorry for all that has gone through the same experience it has left me with a very empty hole in my soul and has been very difficult but reading your posts have given me hope if anyone can shed some light on this situation I would really appreciate it.
Hi. Well I am 19 years old. I'm almost 20. I had a miscarriage on jan 9th 2013 I was five weeks I bled for seven days my husband and I  started trying again right away. Could I be pregnant again? How long should I wait until I take a test? I'm scared of a negative result. Should I be starting my period soon if I am not?
They saw a sack and a yolk but no baby i am /was 7 weeks Just got hgc levels tested thurs. they were 23750 thurs. On saturday they were 13580 so i had a m/c no cramps, no blood, nothing at all is this normal and how long untill i can i try to get preg again
Did you ever have any success?  My wife is 40 and we just had a M/C.