BREAST ODOR

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

BREAST ODOR

HELLO EVERYONE,

RECENTLY IT WAS BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT THERE IS A BODY ODOR LIKE SMELL WHICH IS COMING FROM MY BREAST. I DO HAVE A BIGGER CHEST, BUT I AM VERY CLEAN NONE THE LESS. I ASSUMED THAT THIS ODOR MAY BE PRESENT DUE THE FACT THAT IT IS THE SUMMER AND I TEND TO SWEAT MORE, BUT I NOTICED IT AGAIN ON FRIDAY AT WORK AND MY BODY WAS COMPLETELY DRY. I HAD TWO OF MY FRIENDS AT WORK, ONE MY BOSS, SMELL THE AREA AND THEY CONFIRMED.
MY QUESTIONS ARE:
1. IS THIS NORMAL FOR A WOMEN EVEN IF SHE ISN'T SWEATING?
2. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN TAKE OR EVEN APPLY TO MY BREASTS THAT IS SAFE AND WON'T AFFECT THE AREA.
THANK YOU ALL
Well you could have sweated and the scent could stil be in your bra.  Make sure to put on a new (clean bra every morning) you know how some of us will reuse the same bra a couple of days later becuase if you wash  them too much the elasctic gets shot.  anyway.. another thing is to bring baby wipes and maybe a small bottle of febreeze to freshen up your bra in the middle of the day.  
I am sure you are a clean woman.. you are blessed with large breast and maybe the heat and a possible change of diet may be the cause I hope that this helps

Lisa
i immediatly thought the same thing...that the odor was trapped in your bra/clothing. i admittingly will use the same bra for DAYS. yes, i admit,i have smelled it to be sure it was ok to wear for 1 more day. i consider myself to be clean, clean , clean. so its not a matter of that. i think that sweat just tends to get trapped in the ole boobs and cause an odor. esp. if you are larger breasted. thats all.
ps: you must work with some pretty good people to smell your breasts and give you an honest answer!!! the only person id trust to do that is my sis. cheers to the ladies at work.
Sometimes women can get a fungal or yeast type infection underneath a generous bosom. It does smell. Kind of like feet. Gets worse in the summer, when it is hot.
My mom has used baby wipes to "freshen up" underneath, and she has also applied deodorant to the under breast fold. Baby powder with cornstarch may also help.
I would also suggest using a solution of Grapefruit Seed Extract and water and rinse the inframammary fold area with that a couple times of day, until at least a week after the odour clears up. Grapefruit Seed Extract is known for its ability to help with yeast. You can buy it at a health food store.
Good luck! S.
I have been experiencing a strange odor coming from under the front area of my bra. If I use a clean bra one day and use it again the next morning for some reason, by the end of the day I will begin to emit this strange metallic or akaline smell from under the front area of my bra. I am too very clean and shower daily. Any ideas would be appreciated.
f
i have had the same problem for 6,7, years. i also have very large breasts, and i have tried everything..baby wipes, powder, deodorant, scrubs, lotions.... nothing worked :(
I have the same thing. The sweat under my breasts smells alwful. Even if I put a clean bra, in a few hours it will be smelling strong. Sometimes the smell reminds me of dry breast milk. Like the smell of your bra when you are breastfiding and some milk drips and you do not have a chance to change it within the next few hours. This smell started about 5 yearws ago, probably in the beginging of my pre-menopause.
I also have large breasts and first noticed the smell this summer.  Even when I do not sweat, i have this awful smell under my breasts.  I use baby wipes to clean it, but it takes a lot to really get rid of the smell.  and, my bras smell too.  i have to wear a clean one every day...thats just crazy!  i usually can wear the same bra for like 3 days.  someone mentioned a fungus being the cause.  does anyone have more info on that??  there is nothing wrong with the skin under my breast.  no bumps or anything.  it looks normal.  is this smelly thing normal if its not a fungus??
If it is a fungus, it would respond to antifungal creams, the kind sold for athlete's foot, or for vaginal yeast infections such as Vagisil.
Looks like I am in good company.  I asked my doctor about this problem when I went for my physical in April.  He prescribed a powder for what he called a "fungal odor".  The powder is in a very small container and is EXPENSIVE!  It seems to work, but if I stop using it for a few days, the odor comes back.  Does anyone else have any suggestions that are not so "pricey"  I do use an anti-bacterial soap, and I have used baby powder with cornstarch.  These do not work for me.  Any advice would be helpful.
wow! glad im not alone. ive recently started to smell this oder coming from my cleavage. it comes from under and between my breasts. the best way to describe it is... some times if people dont keep their toes up they get this fungus under the nail. smells just like that! i hope someone finds a solution. im really aware of it and its hurting my boyfriends and my sex life. i cant be spontaniouse because i dont want him to smell it so i gotta run and jump in the shower first!
I have the same problem.  Like the rest of you I have rather large breasts and am an extremely clean person (it isn't unlike me to shower several times a day if I'm doing things that make me sweast).  It has gotten so bad at times that my husband has accused me of not showering.  I've tried cleaning with an anti-bacterial soap, because I was told it was caused by bacteria, and it didn't work.  Just like misscottincandy I've worried about being intimate with my husband (especially after him mentioning that maybe I had forgotten to shower) because I'm embarrased by the smell.  I wish someone would find some kind of solution.  This isn't a new problem as I'm sure women have been going through this for years.  You would think some company would've jumped on this situation already and invented something to sell to us to fix the problem.
From what I've found in my research today, Monistat "Soothing Care" is supposed to be very good... it's a gel/cream to rub under the breasts and between... also, a little corn starch or another powder should assist.  One other thing mentioned was Ban roll-on for under/between the breasts.  I'm planning to try each of these as needed.
It is indeed a fungus/yeast even if though there is no rash. I have been dealing with it with little success for quite some time now. I got a small brush burn on my rib cage, instead of healing it has gotten worse, I am convinced due to the fungi/yeast. I have been using gold bond powder and a clean bra daily but that has only cut down on the smell. Its time to see a doctor and get cured.
As soundwaves said, it's a fungal or yeast infection. I've been researching this and the best cure is the grapefruit seed extract. Just be sure you dilute it with water before using. I had problems finding it locally so just order it off the internet.
I suspect the cause is that something antibacterial is being incorporated into our bra elastic.  

This is similar to the problems I have been having with dish cloths in the kitchen.  Before antibacterial dish soap, the dish cloths would become "sour" smelling after a couple days hot weather.  I noticed when using antibacterial soaps, the smell is much sooner, and much worse, more like a chemical funky odor.  If it gets on my hands, it's difficult to wash off.  More recently, I find it happens with ALL dish soaps, whether they are labeled "antibacterial" or not.  It's probably a cheaper formula and they're all using it.  The only kind that doesn't do that now is the old fashioned "pink dish soap", if you can find it.  I found some in a big container at a restaurant supply, Gordon Food Service.

Why do they get the crazy idea that all bacteria is bad?  When they try to kill off bacteria, worse things grow!
I've been experiencing the same problem recently and it was recommended to me to try applying Gold Bond Medicated Powder. I've been doing so every morning while getting dressed and at night sometimes as well. It seems to be working quite well so it might be worth a shot.
Two years ago my daughter got married on July,2.  I was all dressed up, and sweat was running down my stomach!

So, I have created and patented a relief to the problem.  It will be to market June, 2009.  You can email, and I will let you know when the product is available.  ***@****

I have the same problem. I used the old remedy all natural. I bought a lemon, cut it in half and put it on all the areas under my breasts and I had no smell with-in 2 minutes. I was so relieved. So my best bet is to buy a all natural lemon soap until winter comes. Good luck
I to have that odor for the past year and i dont understand and I dont have big breast. I am a 34b.I do wear my bra's for more then one day but if i sniff my bra I dont smell it on my bra it is just on my skin. It is a smell I cant explain but I thought it was other parts of my body cause I could only smell it when i was ready to go to bed at night and I take of everything sept my underwear and put on my nightgown . I actually have to go take a shower cause I cant stand the smell and i couldnt figure it out until the other day I felt something fly into my shirt at work while we were out at recess and I put my fingers in there to see what it was and i sort of slid them under my fold area and at the same time I got an itch on my nose and I guess I breathed in and got a whiff . I was in shock to discover that that smell was comming from my boobs. I dont know what to do about it. The only thing that I have been using is is summers eve powder and that seems to help a bit. But I dont know if maybe i have some kind of infection. I actually thought it was cause I am 43 and I was just getting that old lady smell lol . I hear when we get old we smell. I dont want to have that problem when I get old so I am worried.
I, too, had this same problem until my Mom advised me to use Desenex antifungal powder under my "girls".  It is actually for athelete's foot, but it worked great for my little "problem".  It smells nice, too.  Wash under the twins, dry well, and apply the powder twice a day and be sure to wear a clean bra every day and that should do it!!  Hope this helps.
I am so relieved that this subject was brought up.  I have had this problem for so long and do have big breast.  I am guilty of wearing my bras more then once and am going to start wearing them once and just washing them.  Maybe if I have 7 bras and just wash them weekly, the wear and tear won't be so bad.

I wanted to address the Yeast/Fungi problem.  This is a problem that affects several people.  And I wanted to recommend a book called Healing Multiple Sclerosis.  I know you may not have MS, but this book explains in detail the Candida Yeast Overgrowth and how to naturally treat it.  You will feel sick before you feel better, but once you get the excess yeast out of your body, you will feel like a million bucks.

I have tried the diet but fell of the wagon and plan to start it up again soon.  I am going to see if I notice a difference with my girls too.
Can't believe the distress all you Women have over odour from your breasts . My girlfriend is a J cup in bra size and since I met Her I abseloutely fel in love with large natural breasts. She has a lovely scent from between her cleavage that I bury my head into when we are cuddling up together and I think it is a beautifull scent, very arousing and sexy! It's the first place my face nuzzles into most of the time. We nearly always end up making love after I've been pressing my face into Her breast region. Funny thing is She went looking for Bra's the other week ,the women in the bra shop said "these bra's we have that seperate the breasts are best for large busted Women cause you get all sorts of nasty things like fungus between your breasts if they arent seperated" , My girlfriend came home with a smile on Her face cause She told me all She could think of saying to the Woman in the shop was that My Boyfriend loves that fungus between my breasts!! I know, I'm glad She didnt say that either. But bottom line is , those are your pheremones, those pheremones are partly what attach babies to their mother's in that bonding experience. There is nothing nasty about that scent to me. Maybe all Men dont feel that way. But ,for me Natural is best in that region. It is not everything in my physical relationship of course ,but it is something that I always thought was unique to my girlfriend as I hadnt experienced it before I met Her as She is large chested, but obviously alot of you have this issue and what's important is how you feel about it yourselves & how you fix it if you are not comfortable with it ,but as far as Men are concerned/relationships/husbands etc, this can be something that increases your sex appeal ,not reduces it!
I felt so stupid even typing in odor between my breasts. I recently just noticed this after I got a new bra that brought my breasts together. I thought I loved the bra, and now I'm realizing I hate it. The worst part is I can't afford to have a new bra for every day. I never had this problem until I started shopping at Victoria's Secret because all those bra's stick those puppies together. I know that I have an excess amount of yeast in my body, and have tried the medicinal route of ridding myself of it, which was terrible terrible, however I'm wishing now I had that. I can't even look down sometimes because my face is in the odor. Thank you for someone bringing this up. I'm going to start saving for a different type of bra!

I too am relieved that this topic was brought up. Im 23 and I have been experiencing this for the past two years or so. I also do sweat more than the average woman - i think. Thank you all for your honesty. I am not alone!
Wow.. I aslo thought I was a weirdo.. or something.. So yeah Im a 38D.. and I get the same sticky, warmest and oder deeling.. Well I kind of thought about it more, just recently when my bf.. asked.. after making out.. WOw.. I never thought of it..
I guess I forgot to put some deodorant under my breast and in between. I use Degree..
Sorry.. let me change the first sentence.! I aslo thought of this problem and felt like I was werird or soemthing.. not trying to disrespect anyone here..
I too have this smelly under breast issue too.  I noted that most of you did not really describe the smell so I don't know if we all have the same smell or different smells.  A few of you said that the smell was like funky feet, but that's not the smell I'm getting. and it doesn't smell like armpits either.   My smell is more like a sour/vinegary odor.  I was wondering if anyone else had the same smell as this.  I too have large breast, but I don't think it's because of that, nor do I think it's coming from my bra.  I have found one product that works extremely well and thats "Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystal"  It comes in a roll on, stick, or body spray.  I use the spray.  It goes on clear and it's hypoallergenic and fragrance free.  It really works wonders.  You should be able to purchase it at any major drug store.  Let me know how it works for you and also let me know it anyone else is experiencing the vinegary odor.  Thanks
I'm also glad I found this forum. I'm only 22 and I started developing that vinegary odor that Calligra described under my breasts since I was about 16. Also, the skin under my breasts gets rather goose-fleshy and swollen when I sweat.
While its not fun to deal with, I'm glad I'm not the only one, it is a rather awkward topic.
I will be trying out some of these tips, thank you everyone!
Thank goodness! I'm so glad I found this. Thank you for your brutal honesty ladies. I do have the vinegary, garlicy type of smell that calligra mentioned and have had it for about the last 2-3 years. I'm not too large in the chest (34-36D) so I'm glad to hear that those of us on the "smaller" side have also experienced it. I'm definitely going to try the lemon and the Naturally Fresh crystal. I've been using feminine powder (no talc) for the past 7-8 months, but that too is annoying because I have to wash my bras much more frequently than I used to because there's so much powder (not because they smell). And from an intimacy perspective, I too find myself running to the bathroom to get rid of all the powder (kills the spontaneous factor). And even with all the powder, it's still there at the end of the day. I learned a long time ago that just based on our anatomy, women often have to take extra steps to keep things fresh and dry (mainly to prevent infection) in our lower regions, but now that things have moved from down there to up here...I'm like, gimme a break. Thanks again!
Glad to hear there is more out there with this issue.  I'm not sure now when this started but I know it's a recent issue. I alternate between bras but I don't know why this is happening to me. Yes I have large breast but they have always been this size if not smaller. The odor is horrible kind of like mildew - I have put body splash and deoderant yet nothing seems to work! I shower consistently and try my best to keep them dry - i know some say it could be because of our bras but I'm a stay home mom so I have the oppurtunity not to wear bras everyday so I just let them air out and still the same thing! I will try the baby power if that doesn't work guess I will too be going to the doctors! Good thing my husband has GREAT insurance!  Thank you all for having the same issue and sheding some light to this issue I have!
soo glad this was brought up! i've just recently had this problem, started a few months ago, mine are a 42DD. i went to the gyno for the first time a few weeks ago and she said it could be because im a little overweight and she suggested using a good anti-dandruff shampoo. i've been using baby powder and it hasn't really done much, so off to the shampoo! :P im definitely gonna try some of these other things too. thanks!!
Wow, now I know I'm not alone, I'm 49 and have huge breasts and every spring/summer or when ever I sweat profusely I have the same vinegar smell coming from my breasts. I have tried the gold bond with cornstarch like the doc recommends but it only lasts for a little while, and yes I'm guilty of wearing my bras more than one time a week, I alternate days with them so I do not try and wear the same one each day. My problem is while I have this odor it cause my ducts on my breasts to become clogged up and feaster into bumps, which will eventually pop after getting so big some are like blackheads. I have been to the doctor for this and each time I go it costs around $85 a pop just to give me some kind of shot. I just wish some medical professional would jump into this discussion and explain to us exactly what is going on with our breasts.
I also was experiencing the foul odor under my breast. I googled " breast odor " and found my remedy. It might not be for everyone but, it's worth a try. It's a powder called Zeasorb-AF. It's for other conditions other than breast odor but it has surely worked for me. I wear a 48D bra, need I say more? No matter how clean you are and how often you change your bra, the odor is always there. I use the powder twice daily, in the morning and before bed time. So, I am finally smelling nice and fresh under my breast. Hope it can help all those with the same problem.
Oh my gosh-- I am so glad to see this forum. I truly thought I was the ONLY person with this problem and I felt so hopless. I've had this same problem since I was about 17-18 yrs old, when my boyfriend had pointed it out to me. I'm not sure about vinegar, garlic or mildew smells but it's just like this thick sweaty smell (with a little toecheese odor) and it's like always there it seems--even when I'm dry. I'm 26 now and I live in florida and it's HOT during summertime, so it's even worse when I sweat. I feel so self concious on the job, around other girlfriends and especially my boyfriend. I have tried EVERYTHING, including obsessively showering 2-3 times a day on the regular. My bras all stink and I'm so distraught. Some of the suggestions here are great! Something I had tried that worked was putting rubbing alchohol on a cotton swab (after showering) and then rubbing it down the cleavage area then under the breasts, followed by a quick rinse (pat with wet hands, whatever) then dry. After that I apply a cornstarch powder. It relieves it for at least a few hours (good for lunch breaks during work). Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!
I am so Happy to hear that someone else out their is having the same problem as I do. I honestly thought it was just me that was going threw this issue of smelling my boobs through my shirt. Man it just stinks its like a sour smell and it started 2 months ago. I have always been a large chested woman and has always sweated, but never had a smell and along with it underneth my breast it is pell/grayish look too it. i just cant stand it. I tried washing my bras daily, washing with vingar and water, cornstrach powder (now that works for a couple of hours) babywiping and that only makes the smell come out worse for me. I just dont understand why there isn't something out for woman with this problem. but if you got a solution you better believe I am up for trying it out.

Thank You
I'm glad I found this board.  I have recently been having this problem of my breast producing a horrible odor.  It does not smell like feet, I don't know how to describe it.  I am a very clean person and I have never had this problem until now. I'm thinking mine started because I recently went on hormone treatment a couple of months ago to reduce the growth of fibroids. As a result of going on treatment, it has caused my body to go into a menopausal type state, which I was aware it would do.  Yes, I get the hot flashes and such.  The problem is even when my body is not sweating my breast produce an odor similar to as if I had be sweeting and didn't use any deodorant.  So, I've used Vagasil feminine powder to stop the sweating and odor and it did not help.  The next thing started to happen.  My breast began to itch like crazy.  These are good clean breast.  I moisturize and everything so it's not a dry itch.  They itched terrible until I decided to use Gold Bond Powder.  So far, no smell, and less itch.  The itch is almost gone after 3 days of use.  
So, like some have said that it is possibly an increase in yeast, which the medication I'm on can cause.  But, I will be sure to mention it to my doctor on the next visit in a couple of weeks.
In most cases the smell under the breast is fungal/yeast.  Sometimes the skin appears darker which is the fungus.  The odor will not go away until the fungus/yeast is killed.

Wash twice per day with anti-bacterial soap.  Tea Tree oil soap is good too.  Dry skin with hair dryer on cool setting.  When completely dry apply Zeasorb-AF.  It is a powder for Athlete's foot and will work well for this problem.  You may purchase it over the counter at any drug store.  Continue washing, drying, applying until odor is gone.

Throw away a bra if you have used it daily, as the fungus is in this bra too.  Change bra's each day wearing a clean one that has been washed in hot water, and add several drops of tea tree oil to the washing machine water.

If you are able, either lay down or find a way to keep breasts off of the underlying skin to give it time to dry.
I too thought I was the only one with this problem. I'm a 34D and ive had it for about 3 years. I have tried alcohol, Zeaabsorb powder, baby powder, perfume and body spray and nothing has worked. I usually wear my bra for two day unless it smells. But the odor is a musty smell as if im not wearing deodorant. It doesn't matter if i sweat or not or shower twice a day its still there. But I'm glad to know I;m not alone. I will be trying some of the things mentioned.
Good morning everyone, this is my first comment – so if there are errors please be kind.
I am a 38G cup (however in denial so I wear a DD or the largest I can find in a non-specialty store.  I have noticed this odor between breasts for as long as I can remember, even when I was thinner.  
I always use talcum powder and apply a thin layer of deodorant under and between the breasts. That helps tremendously – no more foul, rancid, sour smell.  And, it last all day even with a trip to the gym after work.  
Try it and please let me know how it worked.
I'm so glad I found this. Mine is the stinky smell and has been there for several months. I am a 42DD and wear a clean bra everyday. I always take it off as soon as possible, then wash them on the weekend.
Mine may be related to blood sugar though. I just found out about it, and had no idea that could be the cause of the yeast infection.
Thank you all so much for sharing you story.  
well thanks to  babyrequel, it looks like all of us would have just kept on going with our smelly chests! I too thought i was dirty for some reason until I was at work and typed in "sweat under breasts smell" into google and here I am!

I first noticed the smell about 2 summers ago and just thought well thats apart of getting older, even thu I'm only 30. In my situation I would develope a redness underneath that had a very fowl, vinigary, rancid, feet smell! I couldn't believe it. I alway thought there was nothing I could do about it, but know im going staight to the drug store to get some powder stuff. I'm so relived.
I had the same problem!!!! I would shower 3 or 4 times a day and still have the problem . I tried deodorant, powder, wipes, creams, sprays, etc. as all of you said i have large breasts but made sure to really really clean under them when in the shower - didnt help.  i tried certain dry under my breasts one night before bed and the next morning when i woke up applied normal deodorant with antiperspirant to the area.  I did not have one hint of odor all day.  I have been doing it since with no problems.  I use certain dry about every other night in that area it really really has worked for me!  hope it will for you as well.  **wouldnt it be easier to have small breasts and stuff a bra then deal with this LOL**
Hello Everyone. I too have had the same problem but I found that when I drink wheatgrass the virtually all my body odors disappear, even when I sweat. I drink the frozen or fresh squeezed juice, I haven't found the pills to be helpful. I have been using this for about a year because I got tired of smelly breasts and rubbing deoderant under them. Plus I was self conscious about my bf tasting the deodorant.

I believe it has something to do with the chlorophyll and it's alkalizing effect on the body. It works great on my oniony smell that my pubic hair gets during a certain days of the month. It leaves me feeling confident that I smell great all over. Plus wheatgrass is great for my overall health. You can find it at the health food stores.

Hope this helps
I've had this problem off and on and it used to drive me crazy.  My solution was quick and simple.  I used a&d ointment with zinc oxide.  Yes it's the diaper rash cream.  As soon as I get a hint that this fungus has occurred, I rub a generous amount underneath each breast and leave it at that.  By the next day the fungus and smell is gone.
Is the smell coming from under the breatss or the nipples?? Is there any reddness under your breats?? You could have a yeast infection under your boobies. I am a nurse and I have seen that many times. If its the nipples, it could be clogged pores. (like the way a belly button smells if its not cleaned or it gets sweaty) .. Either way, POWDER, POWDER, POWDER WILL help!! Good Luck!
I'm convinced that the smell is transferring from the breasts to the bras, and then staying within the material.  I currently have my bras sitting in a tub of hot water and  javex, this is so stressfull!
I too have this smell. I am a 16 year old with 36J bra size. I use deodorant and baby powder; i even keep it in my purse or locker-room locker. Lotion and ferbreez does not work for me, it actually makes it worse for me. I have been experiencing this for about 3 years. I am very clean. I will take a shower when i wake up and another when i get home from work or school. Well about 2 months ago i decided to smell my bra because it got bad and noticed it was very bad. It is the bra that traps the sweat and smell. I only have one bra that fits right. I also have 2 others that i use when i wont be moving much so that i can wear them and not worry about "falling out of them" but my bra is getting pretty old and worn out. I am thinking that maybe how old the bra is may also have something to do with it. i have to wait a few days like between 3 and 7 before my mother alows me to wash mine depending on the amount of clothes we have dirty. but at least some things help.

Oh and if you wear perfume or something on your shirt around the front bottom part of your bra or where it most smells it may now be as noticeable... wouldn't hurt to try huh?
yeah sounds weird same thing this way and its not the bra its a sweat your body produces unfourunatly so take johnson and johnson baby wipes perferable the scented wipe about 3times daily and place a small amount of paper towel right under your fold and replace if you start to smell it its crappy til they come up with something else  and as extra find a matching bath and body cream lotion and apply to the top of your breasts it'll help a little i use cucumber melon  crazy i thought i was the only one
I also have this problem and found an interesting article with some really good ideas that actually work to get rid of the awful smell under my breasts. Here it is, maybe it will help you. It's on eHow so just search for the article there and it should come up.

How to Deodorize Sour Smell Under Breasts for Zero Odor

I hope this page link works.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5388826_deodorize-under-breasts-zero-odor.html
I know this is a really embarrassing topic for women; and that so many of us are living with it and no solution only cements that fact.
Let me clear up a few things here:

1) The most pivotal piece of information here, as mentioned by one smart mama above, is what the actual smell is~ different odors signify different issues.  So it is important that you confirm the unfortunate odor fits with the diagnosis.
2) For the most part, bigger breasted women who experience a maldorous odor from under their breasts, after working out, in the summer, or after sweating, are simply smelling the normal scent of bacteria that has grown from the sweat. It's not a fungus, a disease, or even unusual~ because bigger breasted women tend to have slightly droopier breasts~ meaning they're not perky, but instead, rest on your chest, creating a contact crevice uner them~ the bacteria from sweat builds up in there and has no place to go.  The same way that your feet or inbetween your toes can begin to smell, especially when wearing socks, shoes &sweating~ so does the skin under your breasts.  Because bigger breasted women statistically tend to also be slightly overweight, or simply curvy, when you sit, you may notice that your stomach rises, and your breasts rest on top of it~ often,women will have a tell-tale crease between their breasts,resembling age lines, that results from this position.  It will go away after you stand, or change positions, but when sitting like that, it also can exscaserbate this odor,as it's again trapping bacteria from sweat under the skin.
Everyone has a different body chemical make up~ not all sweat smells the same~ so there is room for some variance in the specifics of the scent, but generally, it's a musty, fetid, unpleasant odor.  
The easiest way to combat this is to:
* shower often~ especially after any kind of strenuous activity, or in the hot months. Wash gently under the breasts, with a good soap~dr brommers is great- and DRY under themwhen towleing off as well/.
* After showering, if you apply lotion over your body & breasts to lock in moisture (as you should), be extra careful to not leave a large amount of unabsorbed lotion under there~ use it sparingly, and make sure that it is rubbed in & absorbed.  
* Applying a light amount of ANTIPERSPERANT~ (note- deoderant will not prevent sweating, you need an antiperseperant) under your breasts.  A quick swipe under the crease is all you need, and there's plenty out there now that won't leave white marks, and have a pretty scent to boot.  Athletes & activewomen often use a little antipersperant behind their knees, or in the crease of their forearms to eliminate sweating, this is no different.
* Wearing the proper type of bra can also eliminate the smell~ because the bra provides support & a little lift, it seperates the skin under your breasts from touching, and creating that pocket crevice for sweat & bacteria to fester.  If your bra isn't doing this for you, or it's retaining the odor, then you need to a) look for a bra with more support that provides lift- not a push up- unless that's what you want, in which case, they're fine- but for those of you who love the slacker cotton bras that simply cover your breasts,and don'tsupport them, it's time to get a new one.  And b) WASH YOUR BRA DAILY.  Sorry folks- i know it seems to be a popular theme here to re-use them a few times, but that just isn't going to fly.  Would you wear the same underwear twice?  Didn't think so. Your entire body produces oils, and they can smell~ever notice the way the back of your t-shirt smells like oil or unwashed hair?  Thathappens because women don't always have the help to put lotion on their back s, even though they put it everywhere else after showering- as a result, the body produces oils to keep it hydrated- those oils can smell.  If you're trying to save the structural integrity of the bra, use a lingerie bag, and spenda fewmore bucks for a better quality bra- it will be well worth the extra few $, b/c it will last much longer.  Lingerie bags- or even just putting it in a stocking or pantyhose leg- will prevent pilling, elastic breaking & the rest.

3) The gentleman with the funk fetish that called the smell phermones, whose heart may have been inthe right place, is incorrect.
Phermones are a natural scent the bodyproduces, but are, for the most part, undetectable to our noses.  They certainly don't smell like funk, either.
And while it's kind he wants to be supportive of his wife, not caring for your body properly is unhealthy & unhygenic, and can lead to all sorts of gross & risky health issues.

4) The vinegar smell some women refer to, in my experience, is NOT typical~ unless your persperation naturally smells acidic, then odds are,you have another issue going on and should make an appt with the dermatologist.

5) Fungal infections can occur, and yeast canbuild up there~ if you notice redness, rash,bumps, or any other indication of skin trouble there, go to your doctor- there are plenty of methods,from prescriptions to naturalmethods,like changing your diet & homeopathic meicine, that can cure this ailment.

Lastly, I can empathize with those of you who are experiencing self-confidence issues whenit comes to spontinaity of the sex life~ your best bet to alleviate the problem is to shower often- one or two times a day & follow the above steps.  Carrying baby wipes~ or  "freshmates" (adult wipes) to clean the area through out the day works as a PREVENTIVE measure~ remember,it's always easier to eliminate the conditions that cause the issue,than it is to cure it.  Freshmates come in travel packs & are easy to carry, and should be used after using the restroom as well,to keep yourself clean, fresh & confident.
I found that coconut oil relieves the odor.  I found that solution on the web about a year ago.  I tried it and it works.  I got my bottle from Wal-Mart.
My smell is so foul it almost smells like an infection. Not vinegary or body odoe smelling and I get large red whelps and bumps, Hvar tried everything even prescription pwoders.
During my first week of marriage over 50 years ago,my husband complained that I had vag. odor...dispite my shower and douching.
If you ladies remember, we might have odors now and then but it is their seiman that makes us smell like a fish. As a new bride with no experience I was crushed.

Now as a senior I have very foul odor under my breast...I cannot wear a bra, my skin is too raw. The odor is very offensive to me but I know it will take quite awhile to heal fungus.  It bothers me to be around my children, through they would never say a word. ( By  the way I divorced
that thoughtless husband.)

I wish anatomy was taught  in school, so men understood their outside
plumbing keeps them dryer...Many think they are perfectly clean
when hair, sweat and their scrotom makes then "Human".  
We women go through so much change. periods,birth, infections, major female problems that require surgery,
then menapause that turns our vagina into a desert, breast  and most of our body loses it's tone.  For those women who have the dryness,
the only answer is estrogen to places us at higher risk for cancer.
The commercials for men's erectile problems gets me...they can
keep having a sex life till they die, if their heart is ok...

In most cases a man could not tollerate being a woman for an hour...
and there would likely be no children if it were up to them to give birth.

Good luck to you all,
PS If your breast becomes red or like a bruse and there is no oder
please see a doctor right away.  There is a cancer that does not show up nf mamograms, it is called Inflamatory Breast Cancer...extremely
rapid in it's growth...it takes an ultra sound to see the fibro like
leisons...it is not a lump,

Boaddie
I too have very large breasts with the weird smell and I should add that it is only under one breast. There is also a slimery type of film buildup and the effected area is very smooth like to the touch even after washing the area (looks raw and shiney). I clean the area more than 3 times daily and even applied an anti-fungal ointment with no success. I will try the grapefruit seed extract treatment that I read in a previous comment.This is very embarrasing for me because my husband likes to play with my breasts like they are his own personal toys ;)  
what has worked for me is i used desitin cream for a couple of days then i walked into lush its a store in your local mall and picked up some dreamwash omg after using that it went away it feel good and i got the color back under the breast and everything i did stop wearing my bra for a couple of day but see if that helps.
I say GO TO THE DOCTOR. I had this odor between my breasts as well for almost a year. Finally, I went to the doctor earlier this week for a physical and explained the odor to my doctor. She explained to me that it was a yeast infection and that it's actually quite common among larger breasted women as myself. She said it usually happens beneath the breast but can happen in any area that stays constantly moist. She prescibed an ointment for me called NYSTATIN OINTMENT USP. She told me to apply it twice a day on clean dry skin for 2 weeks. I have only been using it for 2 days but I think it is already staring to work and I am SO beyond excited to to know that this may finally be a solution to this embarrasing foul odor. Just go to the doctor if you can. I was embarrased at first and didn't even want to tell my doctor but now I wish I had done it a long time ago.
I had this problem and ended at the dermatologists, finally.  He prescribed an antifungal cream that took care of it.  When asked what to do if the ordor came back he recommended Zeasorb Powder, which I now use every day.  I put on a clean bra daily and in the summer or hot conditions, I tuck a white athletic sock into the bottom of my bra, under the girls.  I read this tip more than a year ago when searching for a clue to the odor.  It really is not uncomfortable and ends sweat running down your stomach.  Be sure to put a clean sock in daily also!  Zeasorb is available in drug stores.  It is more expensive, but lasts a long time.  If I have itching, I just add Gold Bond Powder to the area along with the Zeasorb, which is an antifungal.  When I follow this regimen, NO PROBLEM!!!
Hi After I had my baby my body chemistry changed. The odor under my breast was a musty underarm foul odor. I tried gold bond, baby powder with corn starch and it did not work. I finally tried deodorant with powder and it worked. I feel so much better not having to weary about people talking about me behind my back. Thank God
Thanx for the great articles.  I too thought I was the only one- this is a definite problem that needs to be addressed more openly.

I have large breasts, sweat a lot, and am over 50.  My first symptoms about 5 years ago were clogged pores under my breasts.  No matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of them and they have now become worse-  bumps with pus in them.  I have hundreds of them!  I have tried popping them, but it just irriates them (and there are just too many of them).  

I noticed the yeasty smell a few years ago, and thought it was due to these bumps or synthroid, a medication I started for my thryroid.  I mentioned it to my Dr and he didn't seem concerned, and said body smell can change.

Thanx to all comments, I will buy new bras and wash them daily, shower more often, get a prescription for an anti-fungal cream, use Zeabsorb powder, and place an athletic sock to absorb the sweat.

I am still left with the pimple/bumps problem tho.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanx
I haven't a clue re:  pimples/bumps under the breast.  Sounds like another question for the dermatologist.  Good luck!
Real quick:
DO NOT USE MOISTURIZING LOTION OR SOAP UNDER YOUR BOOBS! You want to get rid of moisture not add to it!

I heard that deoderant should not be used under the breasts because of the aluminum involved. Anyone else heard this?

Zinc Oxide is in stuff like head and shoulders and relieves the redness of a fungus after a couple of days - wash under with COLD water - FUNGUS LIVE IN HEAT - thats why its so hard to get rid of. -

* Swimming and being exposed to the cold water for 2 or 3 days has been the only thing that has completely gotten rid of it for me - but I don't have time to go to the pool or go to the beach. Its my emergency plan though ;) and does come back

Yep, had the boyfriend tell me I had a fungus and then confirmed with Dr. I think they recommended miconazole. I went ot the dollar store and bought an antifungal cream - which reduces redness during very active or heat wave type of days - not fun though when you are already sweaty and you have cream on it - ughhh
I AM SO HAPPY TO RELIZE I AM NOT ALONE IN THIS EPIDEMIC. I AM A 31 YEAR OLD WOMEN WHO HAS A BREAST SIZE OF 44F. I FOUND THAT WASHING AT LEAST 2X A DAILY WITH LAMASIL THEN USING FAST ACTING TANACTIN SPRAY(WHICH GOES ON DRY) WORKS WELL. I HOPE THIS COMES IN HANDY FOR SOMEONE WHO READS THIS POST.
wow its nice to know im no alone. i hate the feeling that im SMELLY and im not. im a very clean person and i swich my bras daily but i noticed it still comes back, right now im using baby powder to help but it only works when i apply it. so if any one knows how to fix it or find more about it plz e mail me at ***@****. thx
Hi everyone, I have this problem too and am so happy to know that I'm not alone. I have tried everything and nothing works. I just found this article recently and tried it and man o man, it's great. I love this. I used the colloidal silver and then the deodorant like she described and no more smell. I even used it in other places where I would develop a little of that same odor because I am overweight and it worked there too, like around my waist, for instance.

You should try this because it's an excellent solution to a problem I've had for sevearl years and couldn't resolve. I don't think we can put links in here so here is the name of the article and the author, who put it up on Suite101. Her name is Susan Laverie and the article title is
"Get Rid of Sour Smell Under Breasts and Reduce Body Odor Problem". You can probaby just search for her on Suite 101 which is where I saw it.

I did see another article on this problem and read up on it and the person that wrote it is a GUY, for heaven's sake. Like some guy would know about or understand what it's like to have this problem. Anyway it's a terrible article full of suggestions that don't work or that are so obvious I've tried them all...and they still don't work.

Try the article from the woman on Suite 101. She really knows what she is talking about. I'm thrilled.

SUDOCREM. Use every day and the smell will dissapear and you will be totally dry under there. Guaranteed.
Wow you guys, I tried the ideas I found in the artitcle on Suite 101 by Susan Laverie called,
"Get Rid of Sour Smell Under Breasts and Reduce Body Odor Problem". They really work. I have no odor anymore and all the little red bumps and itchy spots are gone too. I think it may be the colloidal silver which cleared those up. Anyway, search for her article. I'd put the link here but I am concerned that it may not be allowed. This lady knows what she is talking about and she also has a bunch of other articles on natural health care.
hey i have a big chest, i tryed powder dont work i take showers and use wipes but it dont work now i just put some tissue between  my breast to keep them away from each other so they cant sweat .and i always add gold bond powder first its been working for me for the last 3 years
I recently developed a NASTY rash between my DDD breasts and went to the doctor yesterday and got an anti-fungal cream.  This started a couple of weeks ago after spending a couple of days in 100+ degree heat and humidity while watching my daughter play softball.  It started with the "smell" and some itching, now it's a disgusting rash.  Nice to get "jock" itch on your boobs!
Wow, so brilliant to know that it is not just me! Different bras help and, for me, no bra is disastrous! I find some thing just as simple as baby powder and wrapping a tissue around the under wiring of a bra helps. Trouble is, when it's gone I forget to do it and then end up with the vile (mine's toe cheesy, acidic stench - mmm attractive!) pong. I'm 56 and this problem only appeared about a year ago underneath mostly my left, but occasionally under my right boob. It's a bugger!
I also have this trouble underneth the breasts, I never had this problem and recently just happened, I think because I hav been workng out in the heat i guees. well  I started using SHOWER POWDER the one we use after shower to smell good supposly, well I only have been using it not even a week and it made my boobs underneath brown and rusty like. DONt USe SHOWER POWDERS. I am gong to try something from this forum. I am a clean person and at times get tired of wearing bras so i go braless and this never occured so that is whey I am worried i also do change bra everyday and i usually buy the cheap ones and this has never been a problme.  QUESTION ALL THESE SUPPORTERS, ALL THE CREAM AND DEDORANT WHEN IT WORKS DOES THIS MEAN THE BROWN, OR REDESH DISSPAER AS WELL? thanks ya
I'm so glad I saw dis forum becuz I have had dis same problem for a couple of months now. I'm 19 and I have J cup breasts and wen I started gettin dis smell I tryed da wipes and even goin as far as bathin 3 tomes a day!!! Yes I wud rush home frm college and have a quick shower den rush bk to school again!!! Anyway I'm goin to uni now and I was gettin so sik of did problem so I was researching on dis issue and found dis website. One of da ladies on here said I shuld try antiperspirant deodrant so I started spraying sure antiperspirant deo under my breasts and using Johnson and Johnson baby power and da smell was completely gone!!! I'm so relived!! So a big thank  u to everyone who gave advise!!!
I too have this problem! It stated soon after a got a breast lift and implants to correct a slight tubular breast disorder. I was wondering if it could have anything to do with the implants or the scars or just the fact that my breasts are bigger than they were. My problem, though, is that its a very strong oder! I'm not sure if people can smell it but I constantly worry that they can. I sweat a lot at work and have to go straight to class right after so I find myself trying to distance myself from my classmates because when I shift my body ever so slightly I smell the nasty oder coming from my breasts :( It's so embarrassing! I don't have time to change clothes before class so I need to know how to get rid of the smell or at least make it less strong...
Many women suffer from perspiration and chafing under the breast and in the cleavage area, this is a common problem without a solution “Until Now”. My Breast Friend is non-toxic and prevents the uncomfortable feeling that is cause by perspiration.

I have a new product that will be coming out on the market within the next few months. Its to keep your breast from sweating and keep you dry and comfortable for hours. No more perspiration on your bra or clothing and should elimate that nasty order. It has been tested with many women in Califorina, Florida, New York and Arizona. The web site is now being created and should be up and running within 1 month.

If your interested in learning more about this fabulous use once and throw away new product contact us at ***@****.
You will be totally surprised and for sure become a regular user.
9/15/2010-Beth
I have had this problem for about 4 years now.  I heard somewhere to rub Tea Tree Oil under there once or twice a day as needed for about two weeks.  I tried this a couple of years ago, and after the 3rd day, I could already tell a difference.  It seemed to help and the smell didn't come back until about 3 months ago.  Since then, I have tried the Tea Tree Oil, but it doesn't seem to work now.  Granted, it is a more powerful smell, so while it is on me, I can't smell the bad smell, but it's not going away now.  Will try some of the other treatments suggested here.  So comforting to know I am not alone!!
HELLO ALL!  
THIS WORKED FOR ME. EVERYTHING IS BACK TO NORMAL

I'M 25 YRS OLD WITH AVERAGE C CUP BREASTS. A COUPLE MONTHS AGO I STARTED TO NOTICE A SOUR...I GUESS VINEGAR (FOR LACK OF BETTER WORDS) ODOR.  I THOUGHT IT WAS SOMETHING IN MY ROOM BECAUSE I SMELLED IT THE MOST AFTER I GOT OUT THE SHOWER.

ANYWAY, I DISCOVERED IT WAS UNDER MY BREAST! NO MATTER HOW MUCH I WASHED UNDER THERE IT DIDN'T GO AWAY AND THE ODOR WAS NOT ON ANY OF MY BRAS WHICH I KEPT WASHED.

DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR LADIES.  GET NEW BRAS AND GET SOME TEA TREE OIL! THROW THE OTHERS AWAY, IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY. IT WORKED FOR ME.  I GOT NEW BRAS AND USED A LITTLE TEA TREE OIL UNDER MY BREASTS AFTER MY SHOWER FOR A COUPLE DAYS TO KILL WHATEVER WAS CAUSING THIS ODOR. EVERYTHING IS BACK TO NORMAL NOW.

I FIGURED JUST BECAUSE MY BRAS DON'T SMELL LIKE THE ODOR ON ME, DOESN'T MEAN THERE ISN'T SOME TYPE OF FUNGUS GROWING ON ONE OF THEM OR ALL OF THEM.

HOPE THIS HELPS!
HELLO ALL!  
THIS WORKED FOR ME.
*****EVERYTHING IS BACK TO NORMAL NOW!!*****

HOPE THIS HELPS!
Well, I might have an answer for all of you. I have been diagnosed with intertrigo, its the rash under the breasts and between the thighs. Look it up and good luck.
One thing to consider... The kidneys eliminate body waste also through the sweat glands if there is a problem with normal channels. If your sweat has a funny or unusual smell to it, it could be a sign that your kidneys need attention. Try flushing your system with water for a week... and see if the odor lessens or goes away. If it does... you might need to get your kidneys checked out.
WoW so happy i found this site! I too thought i was the only one! I had told only my mum about it and then mum recently told me that she told my sister cos she was saying that she has a odor too. Then i was thinking it must be a smelly sister thing lol But after reading all the comments i realise it is quite common!
Im nearly 25 and i noticed the smell when i was 19. Before this my breasts were perky and didnt have a smell, so i think it is due to the skin touching skin.
The only way i can describe my breast smell is like ****. No one else has said that lol It could also be described as that cheesey smell from under the toenails (ewwww) or that puss smell!
I also get puss filled pimple things under both breasts and when i pop them and smell the puss it smells just like the smelly sweat. Its horrible!
I have been to the Dr about the pimple things but he just brushed it off saying that it would cost alot for me to see a specialist. Well being nearly 6 years with this I DONT CARE i will pay!!!!
It doesnt matter if im wearing a bra or not, the smell is still there. Sometimes its there as soon as ive showered! It makes me feel so dirty and self concious! I too am very embarrassed about sexual encounters and always have to wash my breasts first without them knowing,
I have tried anti persperiant, baby wipes, femfresh wipes. femfresh talc free powder, real talc, scrubbing with a flannel, soap, the neutrogena wave, exfoliating scrub and NOTHING works. If i lift my breast up there are like holes in my skin.
I got a spray tan done and when it had all washed off after 10 days, there were still brown stains in all the "holes" under my breasts for like a week.
I use to LOVE my perky breasts and use to receive alot of compliments on them, now i HATE my breasts and want them removed and new ones put on!
It sounds extreme but i am that sick of the smell and the pimple things and the holes etc. My breasts use to make me feel like a women and sexy and feminine, now they disgust me.

Thank you all for sharing your story so that we know we are not alone, I hope we all find a cure soon xx
What a great informative site!  I'm 58 years old & a 46ddd & have noticed this smell under my breasts for 10+ years.  It also comes with a slime-like-snotty feel to it......even in the Winter.  I've tried everything,  but tea tree oil & apple cider vinegar really helps.  The deodorants just aggrivate it.   Just don't plan on using it if your going out as most people will comment about that odor too.....lol.  My breasts also itch underneath & I shower daily & still smell it's foulness within hours.  Thanks to all of you & after many Doctor's visits,  I now know I'm not dying from a weird disease.
Hello, I have had this problem for the last 5 or so years. From what I understand, there are sweat glands between the breasts.  I find that it's a simple fix by just swiping with my secret deoderant solid. 3 swipes every morning after I shower. One armpit, the other and then a light swipe between the breasts. I've never had that smell again.  BTW it does smell like underarm body odor which is why I believe we have sweat glands like we have in our armpits.  Good luck ladies.
OK, ladies, I have read each post here carefully and I think I can offer some practical experience that will work, since I dealt with it for four years before finding a solution. I am large breasted, 51 and started noticing an ammonia-like (sour) smell under my breast when I was about 47. It was dry, no rash at that time and I would get a whiff every now and then. As the years progressed, it turned into a foul, smelly, slimy, bright red rash that hurt. This would come and go, though the stinky part was pretty constant. By now, it has a rotten smell. GROSS, I know. It would start to itch and I developed hundreds (I think - close to 100 anyway) tiny skin tags under my breasts. It was always one side or the other, or when it was both one side stunk worse or was more inflamed. My doc also thought it was fungal, like a yeast infection, but did not want me using cream since it was already wet and slimy under there so she prescribed Nystatin powder. It did NOT really help. I mean, some of the various creams for like diaper rash or jock rot or whatever would help a little bit but not much. SO, then I dropped sugar out of my diet as much as I could, and that DID make the red inflammed part stop all the way. Sugar turns into yeast, evidently. But, still stinky and slimy. Like may here, I thought it possibly was linked to upcoming menopause/ hormonal so I tried various herbal things for that like Black Cohosh. That also did NOT work at all. Oh, one thing that always helped a LITTLE ws to swab antiperspirant under there. OK, so we are up to almost the present. About a week ago, I read here about lemon juice. I did not have lemons but I did have a lime so I squeezed juice into my hand and then flung it up under the girls. I cut a small end of lime off and rubbed it under there. It stopped stinking and being slimy immediately, like, that very second. The next morn I put a little antiperspirant and I have not had it come back, not even a little. And, those little skin tags are almost gone, no telling where they went. SO LIMES ARE MY answer - sure hope they work for you. Thanks.
this is my first post here, and i found this place because I also typed in a search bar the questoin of breast odor. i have an ammonia like odor.
the solution i have found that works for me, is after bathing, or before going to work, i cleanse my entire breast with a Summers Eve cleansing towelette. it really seems to keep the odor away all day!
hope this helps someone, at least until they can find a "cure" for whatever this  problem is.
I had the same sweaty odor between my breast and in the middle underneath.  I also get a red mark that almost looks chaffed like a babies diaper rash.  When my boobs push together where they rub gets like this it also has a very shiny and slick appearance.  I also have two major creases in the middle/underneath.   How do I fix this?   I don't know if the crease is b/c after having kids i have mor skin and its not as tight.  What will help???
i also have an issue with a sour smell under my breasts. my problem seems to be in the pores. i also have somewhat large breasts 38 DD and all of the pores on the underside of my breast are filled with either dry pus or oil (not sure which), but they look like very small whiteheads. when i squeeze the pus/oil out that's when i get the sour smell. every three or four months one of the "whiteheads" will turn into a boil. its really driving me crazy. i just turned 40 and never experienced anything like this before. i moved to florida from new york, and my first summer in florida i developed a painful, red. stinging rash under my breasts. i haven't had the rash again since moving back to new york, but i've been plagued with the whiteheads that won't go away, occasional boils and smell ever since. i try to keep under my breast very clean and dry - usually rubbing them with alcohol after showering.
Interesting site I came upon.

I don't know if my story will help anyone else but I too had this (comes and goes) and wasn't sure what it was but did strongly suspect a yeast overgrowth. I've tried the powders and creams but didn't think to use the Grapeseed extract which I do use a drop or two of in a mouthful of water for a mouthwash after brushing my teeth. The thing with using it or any medications to combat this problem is that is it is still only treating the symptom. As for me, in a very short time, I notice the odd sort of vinegary smell, somewhat moist/oily and itchy feeling, and bumps are gone.

This last time the smell started, I had been eating sourdough bread for a couple months because I just love the taste of that bread. Also, I need to include that recently I was told my thyroid scan showed a total of 6 nodules, which was a two fold increase from last years scan. So, having self-studied nutrition off and on for 30 years but not always eating as I knew I should, I became determined to change my eating habits.

Over the last two plus weeks, I have been restudying nutrition (mainly alkaline/acid ash forming balance and proper combinations of alkaline and acid foods - this is different from ash forming) and making fruit and green veggie smoothies by way of a VitaMix blender I purchased years earlier but rarely used. It is better to take in food this way than juicing as juicing removes important nutrients along with the fiber...and we need that fiber to absorb and wisk away bad bacteria, over abundant yeast growth, viruses, toxins, etc from the intestines on the way out... I include the white pith when making smoothies with citrus and drink down ground up seeds from apples and citrus.

Anyway, to make a long story short, the problem for me seems to be a nutritional issue, since as I stated above, in just a little over two weeks, not only has the what appeared to be a yeast overgrowth problem cleared up, the lymph gland lump off to the the right side of my thyroid has actually stopped hurting, and unexpectedly, I lost 3 pounds.

BJTD
I need to correct my last post.
I meant Grapefruit Seed Extract. not Grapeseed extract.

BJTD
Mocha003 and countessjaye,

I should of read all the posts before I posted.
I too had the stinging red rash, and the skin tags along with all the other symptoms, all of which are suddenly just gone since changing what I am eating. I'm really beginning to think it is the alkaline ash forming foods that are helping to clear things up for me.
It sounds like you have impetigo.  You need to use gold bond or zeasorb af (the af stands for antifungal)  Try to keep the area dry with the powder.  On days that you don't really need to wear a bra (sleeping/day off/lounging around the house) shower and put tea tree oil on the area.  Tea tree oil is also an antifungal.  But the gold bond in the yellow container will definitely help to get rid of the problem.  Also try to wear a cotton bra or even cut up and old all cotton tshirt and place it where the bra wire touches your skin.  I had this same issue for a while and those are the things that finally made it go away.  It can be very painful and smell horribly like cheesy feet.  Good luck to you.
sorry I meant intirigo not impetigo.
ugh sorry I cannot type today.. INTERTRIGO.  New to the boards and cant figure out how to edit my posts.
When I was a teenager, during hot summers in the midwest, I would get a slight smell from between/under my breasts.  I instinctively used rubbing alcohol and then patted with water.  Which seemed to work ok.  The smell was pretty mild. The smell went away when I no longer lived with my parents and ate less starchy foods.

I just wanted to say that so many people on here advocate throwing away the bras..  Now depending what is causing the smell they may be correct, but I would say that if you wash your bra in hot water, or even better handwash in a clean sink with lukewarm water, mild soap and a little vinegar, you prolly don't need to throw away your bra.

I'm just saying that because as "liberating" as it may sound to say "throw away your bra" when I was a teenager I could not afford to do this.. and at least in my case, I really don't think the bra was adding to the problem as long as I kept them clean.  

In my case, I believe diet had a lot to do with the smells.  My family ate a lot of breads, pasta, potatoes and other starchy foods.  As well as heat/humidity, the stress of high school, my parents, and I believe hormonal changes in my teenage years.  

Try eating more veggies like raw carrots, celery, cucumbers, red peppers, tomatoes, peas, green beans more than bread, muffin or fries, at least when you can. Broccoli, onions, garlic and even asparagus are also really good for you and will help heal your body and lush out bad stuff, but they do make you (or your pee n sweat) smell a few hours after. (so maybe best in the evening if you aren't going out).  Try different veggies, but go to the ones that appeal to you most.

Fruits are SOOO Good for you.  They help clean out your body and give you a good energy boost.  It's best to eat fruit as a snack, when you aren't really hungry yet.  Otherwise you may not "feel" like eating fruit and instead want something starchier/more filling, like fries.  If you are already feeling hungry a banana or an avocado (actually is a fruit, who knew?!) is a good choice cos they are both more filling than most.

Also lemon or lime in your water is good and give you vitamin C.

One other thing to note is that while going to the Doctor can be important, my Dr. never really helped me with these things.  So if that is your experience too, you are not alone.  .

Good luck Ladies!  You are clean and beautiful.  Stay healthy.  
I've read them all and have been going through the same thing. (mostly). While I agree to treat the problem topically, I have to say (IMO) that those on the nutrition solution have the answers. Any disease starts from within and how your body handles things. If you have too much yeast or fungus it is usually a sign of yeast in the body which is mostly due from sugars and not enough enzymes. If you look at candida solutions some of that may help. I also firmly believe in going on a diet for 2-3 months of lean meat, olive oils, fresh veggies, some fruits, rice noodles or brown rice and avoiding any white starchy products or any sugars. (although carbs will turn to sugar if too many etc)  I have "fixed" issues in the past from this type of diet and it certainly would not hurt anyone to eat this way. I know for myself, my issue has happened because i have gotten lazy about what I eat and lack of exercise. I am also entering premenopause which feels even harder to get where you need to be.......i agree that young girls (and boys) should learn more about nutrition and prevention at an early age.... good luck to all!!
I have found that no scent (scent killer) hunting soap will get rid of the smell for very cheaply. You can get it at a sporting goods store in the hunting section. Also I use, to keep the smell from coming back, an athletes foot spray. I used it for two weeks n that smell is now perm gone. PLEASE don't get discouraged. This really works the best out of everything else.
I'm eighteen years old and I have the same problem. I'm going to basic and I am kind of scared of not being able to fix the problem before I go (though I am sure everyone is going to smell bad there)
My mom is small breasted so I never thought to go to her before...when I finally told her about my problem she looked kinda freaked out. She then told me I should try patting rubbing alcohol on my breast. Out of desperation I am trying it out. I'm starting out with 50% because I don't want to like burn my self or anything. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
I do however know that when I use Vagisil feminine wash with odor block protection I don't have the smell for that day (unless I do a hard work out). It does not cure my problem but it's a good cover up until I figure out how to get rid of the problem.
i know this is an old post but i was looking this question up today and decided since i dont have a rash or anything but normal skin under my boobs to take care of the smell i used rubbing alcohol which i did feel a little burn because my bra rubs that area but i let it dry then went about my day and i checked for the smell later and did not find it.... but if you have welts or redness down there i wouldnt try this method you need to see a doctor but if its just the weird cheese smell try it and remember to let it dry first before you put on clothes.
PROBLEM SOLVED

I am 78 and very old fashioned in my ways. My mother and grandmother taught me that VINEGAR is "a girl's best friend". I never use any modern cleaning products because VINEGAR is a multi-purpose cleaner. This is also a safe solution for personal use. Diluted with water and applied to fungus or bacteria infected areas works!

VINEGAR ROCKS
I've suffered with this problem off and on for the last couple of years.  I'm 58 and a 46DDD.  I have to admit to sometimes wearing my bras more than one day, so that will definitely stop.  The comments I've read here have been very eye-opening and I sure appreciate everyone's willingness to share about this very personal topic!

Two things I've been doing lately that seems to be working pretty well and which I didn't see here:

Walmart sells Equate  foot powder that smells like wintergreen and has a lot of cornstarch in it too.  It is a lot less expensive than the name brands that have been mentioned.

Cotton bandanas - folded into 1/4's then sort of rolled up.  Place one under each breast, inside the bra.  Trust me - they'll stay put all day and will absorb any excess perspiration, so there won't be a build up of the moist climate that allows the yeast/fungus to grow.  These too are very inexpensive so buy about 15 or 20 of them so you can use two clean fresh ones each day.  Seriously - this has worked so well that I've even thought about using plain white muslin and sewing myself up some multi-layered pads for long term use.

Thanks for all the ideas and for making me feel less "alone" with this issue!

I am a 38 C..i never wore a bra..and still don't..I am 64 and never in my life had a rash/smell issue under my breasts until i moved to Fl from Jersey..so i guess it is all a sweat problem..I keep baby wipes and alcohol wipes with me all the time..I tried baby powder and Gold Bond but all it did was cake up and get nasty..The wipes work great and when i am home i am fine as i am in the A/C...And in case you're wondering, i do wear a bra if i am getting dressed up..otherwise i wear Cami's and Halters..i detest bras..they rub and cut and cause rashes..I wipe with a wipe and then i wipe with an alcohol wipe, that kills odor causing bacteria and dries it up..then i put baby oil..just a drop or they will be greasy..anyway..this all took care of the problem..
I noticed lemons, limes, and vinegar have been discussed. These probably all help work if there is a fungal issue due to their strongly acidic properties which help kill most bacteria. As was mentioned before, I would recommend diluting a little so it is not so harsh on your skin. Since citric acid from limes and lemons are slightly more acidic, it may have a slightly better (though not incredibly significant, however less smelly) outcome than vinegar.This may need to be applied for a week or two or maybe a little longer in order to kill the fungus. If you want to be really thorough, the liberal application of cheap anti-fungal cream right in the sweat zones works too. Lately this has been eliminating the smell all day for me: After bathing be sure to thoroughly dry yourself before applying lemon/ lime, wait for it to dry then use deodorant and top it off with a little cornstarch- the equate baby powder mentioned earlier also sounds good and I will try switching to this. Remember: you may think you have cured it after awhile, but it doesn't take much more than a warm moist place for it to come back again in full force, so I would advise keeping up with the later part of the routine as long as possible.
I really like this site! i dont feel like an unclean person anymore. I actually am on the smaller side, but I noticed this smell persists even after I wash my bras & underwear-a lot like my workout clothes. So I found this detergent called Win (www.windetergent.com) they sell it online & at Dicks & Sports Authority. Its a little costly-but I heard it works like a charm. So im going to buy that! I am going to try the wipes too-thats a great tip.
I've noticed that although my breast milk is sweet, it smells like coconut oil, and though the smell puts me off, baby still seems to enjoy drinking it.  What could be causing the strange smell
Wow... I though I was the only one.  I have a large boob and I'm not overweight. I had been having these things over a year.  When I first have them I didn't do anything because it comes and it goes but then last summer I notice that it is spreading and it like a birth mark between and under my breast.  I have use many things such as lemon, baby powder, get bigger size bra and change every day etc.., but nothing seem to work.  Now I'm using selsun blue for two day and it seem like it getting worst and I’m thinking about stopping and use tea tree oil but don't want to make it worst. If I don't try I wouldn't know if it work or not... so my best bet is try and get the result. Well, if anyone has any better idea or treatment please let me know. Thanks
If you suspect a fungal or yeast thing going on creating the smell you have to remember to also treat your bras and clothes so you don't "re-spore" yourself everyday.  You have to keep dry  - but I have found that powders and such just cake up and make things even grosser than before.   Sometimes roll on deodorant works, but not always.  What I have found that works for me and I switch them out are creamy Desitin (leaves you smelling like a baby, but there are worse things right?) - coconut oil, olive oil, neosporin, things like that.  The oil or cream seems to "suffocate" the cause of the odors and is not harsh on your skin.   I don't use much and so far I have not had an issue with staining my clothes but it could be an issue for some (who have nice clothes).  
if it smells that bad,it is a fungus.My doctor gave me a medicated powder to use.Most women with big chest sleep with there bra's on.you must let them air out at night.Go see your doctor,stop sleeping in your bra,and in the day time keep them good and powdered up.
Hello Ladies,

Yes I have to agree its likely a systemic Candida problem in the gut which leaches out in the pores and as this lady has suggested a cleanse and diet is in order..another thing may be this is the body offgasing toxins we absorb all day, everyday. One more thing is do you have any latex sensitivity..the sweat may be reacting to the rubber content in your bra...wear only cotton bras can decrease the smell a bit.  I've struggled with this off and on over the years and candida was my culprit too.  I would never suggest putting more chemical on the body as some suggested in good faith..it adds further toxins to the body and increases cancer and neurological damage.  Cornstarch is a good way to keep dry once your cleansed.
I had recently tried applying witch hazel inbetween and under my breasts, thinking that it could be clogged pores causing the smell - that's what it feels like in the shower! - and now that I'm looking this up, I've actually realized there isn't a smell anymore and I haven't even showered yet!

So I'd strongly suggest trying that (it should be in the same area all the face astringents are) and it shouldn't have any bad effect (unless you have uber sensitive skin or something maybe - just remember when trying anything, always use a little on a discreet spot to make sure you don't react in case you're allergic or something) anything you can safely put on your face without having issue, I'd think you'd be able to apply to your chest.

Hope this helps! ;)

p.s. That's really mean of your husband to say abc_turtlegirl ! You think he'd know you were clean, being your husband, geez - make him sleep on the couch next time he says it, so he doesn't have to 'smell you' >:[

Wendy31916 - If it's really serious you may consider going to a doctor! You can try these things in the mean time, but never look for a solution online and only use that if it's not getting better! We're not doctors here!

mebane - ha, I hate sleeping in my bra! My sis looks at me sometimes like 'gah, you're not wearing one again? lol
My bra smells bad very bad I have worn it for only a few days I can't the smell out what do I do to get rid of this horrible smell? Is it normal?
I thought i was the only one with this problem... I just turned 16 a week ago, i do have large breasts for my age height and weight. 34d's... I noticed this smell like a dirty armpit when i was 13. so three years ago, at the time i had c cups. i've wondered about it for a while now and it's driving me crazy. It feels gross, it's not sweat but it's just kind of sticky i guess and it stinks... horribly! After taking a shower and washing the area well the smell is back within an hour.. Id love to know of anything that's helped...
Ladies I'm a 36C and although not large breasted I too found, not long ago, that the sweat between my breast smelled a bit vinegary! But here's the odd thing, I happen to have stopped eating all red meat, chicken and pork about 2 months ago AND ever since the sweat between my breast smells soooo sweet!!!! It 's blown me away! So it must be food related like another person posted previously, for her it was starches and for me it seems to be meat - possibly something having to do with an alkaline or acidic ph in the body. The other odd but great thing I have to share is that in my search to find a natural deodorant which didn't stop me from perspiring under my arms, I found a fantastic and economical solution - plain rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle!!! It works wonders and not only is it dirt cheap, it contains no aluminum which is said to be toxic! So, since it works so well for the armpits I suggest you gals give it a try under and around your breasts! The alcohol will prevent the bacteria  from growing and you'll have NO need for expensive creams, powders or antiperspirants!!!
Best to all!!
Its a fungus infection and needs to be treated with cream or anibotics.
I to have had a smell that comes from my breast. It is more like a sour milk smell . I have tried everything . But I also have the bumps under my breast to . Nothing has seemed to work in getting rid of them. And when I do try to squeeze them ,  it to smells like a very strong sour milk smell . My Dr. was the same way . No concerns . So , you are not alone , and it is good to know that I am not either . If you do find a solution to this problem please post and I will do the same . Good luck Margyanne . And try to stay positive .
Hello! As MirandaGould has pointed out, rubbing alcohol is very good to prevent this with regular use. I use witch hazel (which also has a bit of astringint/ie rubbing alcohol in it too) so feel free to give either a try! (I'd go for the witch hazel if rubbing alcohol dries you out too much!)
dont freak out ladies.. for those who are clean and shower daily.. dont panic.. the strong sweaty smell actually comes from ur "nipple discharge"..
which is either pre-menstrual, or could even be when ur body is stressed, like because of staying up late at nights, or even undergoing some kind of depression..

regulate ur sleep.. try to relax more.. so that u would get these "nipple discharge" phases less often :)

however i would still advice u to visit a doctor if "both" ur breasts are having discharges to make sure there's no serious hormonal imbalance

regards
a medical student
I had that for about 5 years. I would also at times have bad hot flashes and night sweats. After finding a doctor convinced i may be going through menopause, i did a saliva test, whci is more accurate than a blood test. Sure enough my progesterone was down to 25%. I started a biocompounded progecterone cream and the smell stopped immediately.
I am almost 24 and just recently started to have this problem. My second child is 6months and I first noticed the redness under the fold of my breasts while I was still pregnant with him. Tonight I noticed to have some bumps under there now and it does sting a little, but i figured my bra was irritating them so I wasnt going to wear one to bed. To be honest though, it smells like breastmilk to me so I got a little excited and thought that maybe I could pump and lose weight! (so now i'm a little bummed) but it could be worse so i'm glad it's nothing life threatening. ((What ZOOZII)) said made sense to me though because I am depressed about being obese along with other things and I also don't get but a few hrs of sleep. I'm used to not getting sleep though since I haven't been getting any since I was pregnant with my 2nd child. Well I'm going to try out the different options yall gave..thanks everyone!
I am 19, and my breast are a 36 DDD. Plus I'm only 5"1'. I have the same awful odor between and under my breast. I too am very clean, but the smell continues to come back, no matter how much I shower. I tend to also get a red rash also. Somone said said something about (YEAST)?  Can someone give me info on that please?
i am  so relieved i am not the only one, i started on the menopause about 2 years ago im only 48 and ive started with terrible night sweats and also through the day and have started to notice this smell its disgusting i havent got a big bust but reading all this ,it seems to be an infection of some sort, thankyou to all, at least i can now speak to someone who knows. :)
To all us ladies with large breasts that get the all too famous but undeniable irritating smell. The smell is generally a bacterial fungus, it also puts out a lot of slimey moisture. Under the folds of our breasts is a breeding ground for this fungus. Its itchy, smells, makes little sores and even painful tears of skin because the bacteria is eating away at the skin.  Here's what I did that worked.  This bacteria can be tamed with the same type of cream as they use for athletes foot. (Anti-fungus cream) so I wash it clean, put the cream, then take a papertowel, fold it in half and put it under my breast held there by the weight of my breast & the underwire. It keeps dryness, keeps your bra from touchin skin, and allows the med to work.  Takes a couple days to clear up, and ifif it doesn't clear up, see a doctor. It could be a much worse infection. Smells and heat are like a fever, its our body's way of telling us somethings wrong. So don't ever assume a smell or heat spot is normal or "it'll go away" ...your body, your temple. :) hope this helps
It took me forever to figure this out, but I don't have huge breasts and I was getting odor between them. I could be completely clean, with a clean bra on, just out of the shower. I started getting laser hair removal between my breasts and other places and now I have NO smell.. When the hair starts to grow back in the laser hair removal process, I notice the smell again. But once it gets zapped again, no more smell. I have been watching over the last year and I beleive strongly that the smell is related to the hair folicles. I don't recommend shaving the peach fuzz or anything that's there, but so far, I've noticed that it works to have no hair there! Strange..
I also ge the rash under my breasts. Its an ugly rash that gets really dark, and it smells like mildew. IT ALSO ITCHES REALLY, REALLY BAD. I use Monistat 7 day yeast infection cream and it clears it up, however I'm only clear for maybe 3 weeks to a month.
Too bad some doctors don't seem willing to help -  obviously many women have this embarrassing problem. It wasn't so long ago they were saying menstrual cramps are all in our heads...when will they learn?

Anyway, I'm 52, past menopause & never had this problem until the past year. I agree with those who say look to your nutrition, as this condition is only a symptom of your overall system balance.  If you just treat the smell with deodorants and creams it might come back elsewhere on your body.

Since it smelled "yeasty" to me, I mentioned that to my older sister and she said she'd gotten a yeasty fungal infection on her chest before, and asked did I drink BEER?!!  Well, yes, iIn the last few years I've been drinking more microbrews & homebrews with high alcohol content, some unpasteurized. So then a number of times I went out I switched to cider, wine or mixed drinks instead & didn't notice any smell. Then one night I had a few beers... right away I smelled it again.  Stayed away from the beer awhile, then had a few another night and bingo! there it was again.   So there is a definite connection, for me anyway, between drinking beer & the yeasty smell.

Sometimes if I only have 1-2 it doesn't happen; also it might depend on the type of beer.   I'm going to try figuring out what the pattern is with my doctor & acupuncturist so we can eliminate this permanently.  It's a bummer because I really do like beer, but not being able to be spontaneous and the larger issue of "am I harming my body with this infection somehow?" are more important.

So, first think about your diet, INCLUDING drinks that may contain yeast such as beer, when you're attacking this problem.  Good luck, everyone!
Wow... I had this problem for the past year or so. I used the anti fungal idea and almost immediately the smell was GONE! I couldn't believe how simple it was to get rid of such a problem that was becoming a nuisance. Thanks for the idea and I encourage others to try this method. :-)
Thank You, These suggestions help out ALOT!!
I have the same problem except I have a itchy rash too.I just started getting this and I have done everything.I do sweat really bad when I sleep .
My **** stank too...smells like butt under there...kinda embarassing when my girlfriend get ready to suck one and I gotta be like....I be right back...I gotta pee... I be lying...I go and wash these big ole long thangs. She smell that and would never wanna Suck em again.
I have the same issue. The only difference is that I lived in Florida for 23 years and sweated with no odor! Amost two years ago I moved to New Jersey and noticed this horrific smell coming from under my breasts. I moved in July. It stayed that way until the weather broke and winter moved in. Then no smell. Funny thing is when I visit Florida I go back to no smell? As soon as I come back up north it happens again? Anyone have something like this happening?
U being  man have no idea what it is like for woman...it is not our "natural" smell...I'm 44 and have had this problem for only 3 months now....don't talk about things u don't know about!
I am also experiencing this only for the last year. Never experienced before. I am 45 and wondering if it is due to onset of pre menopause  still have very regular periods and no other symptoms. HELP THIS IS MAKING ME CRAZY
Put a decent amount of white vinegar (3/4 cup or more, depending on how you react, some people may require a stronger strength, or less), and add to baby wipes (unscented) with a cup, or less, of water, and wipe under your breasts daily, or as many times as you need. It works for me, and so does a prescription called Clobetasol Propionate. It truly is yeast, and mostly bacteria. You also want to use your hair dryer after getting out of the shower, and after toweling off- dry the areas of odor including your breasts (underneath), groin, and genitals, which the vinegar baby wipes work well on as well. Summers Eve, Vagisil, etc.,etc. will work temporarily, but my solution is cheap. IF you use too much vinegar it can sting, so be sure to dilute to get the strength you personally need. Good luck!
Although I've ready *many* of the comments on this forum I admit, I haven't read them all.  That being said, your description of this problem is the closest to my situation that I've read.  :)

I'm going through a stressful situation in my life now and experiencing some depression.  I hadn't changed out of my nightgown for four days...meaning, I wasn't wearing a bra.  I'm busty.  I was guessing that because there was no air passing under my breasts to dry out the area underneath, something (bacteria?) was forming and growing unabated.  The area under my breasts became red and tender to the touch--not to mention that slimey secretion--and lots of it--that smelled like death, is the best way I can describe it; really a bad smell.  Also, the skin was extremely sensitive to tearing.  I took a shower last night (it had been a few days...I've been depressed :(  and used a blow dryer to dry the area under my breasts.  Breast, I should say--it is the right breast that's been giving me problems.  It's also the side I sleep on, primarily.  It's not completely gone; there's still that foul (death!) odor and some of the "creamy" moistness...but it's largely gone.  I figure another shower or two is all I'm going to need to knock it out.  This has happened to me before.  I've looked online for causes and solutions.  I don't go the deodorant route; I watched a program about breast cancer (which runs in my family) and they suggested not using a deodorant, since they don't really know what causes breast cancer.  My body odor is not strong, and the hair on my legs and armpits is so light I don't really need to shave.

Anyway...I guess I'll just do what I've always done; shower a bit more often and use the blow dryer to dry off.

I don't really know if what I've gone through is the same thing the rest of you have gone through; Tinkershell's comment was the only one that I read that mentioned the "slimey moisture" (it's gray in color), and skin that tears.  I haven't noticed an itch, but I'll pay attention from now on.

Also--I noticed that my husband has this same type of condition in his groin.  He experiences intense itching, the skin becomes red and inflamed and looks like it also tears.  :(  It also smells bad.  Not as bad as mine, though.

TC  
I will say this I do not know how many of you go to the tanning bed, but this is the first year of my life where i have gone. I had never had this issue till i started tanning, and while i was tanning i never thought that was the issue, because I would always shower that night or the day after ,but after i got to the shade that i wanted i stopped going. It took a few weeks but it now seems that my breast smell is back to normal . I am no specialist but when i think about it, I was putting lotion on my skin and then baking myself. Clogging pores is prolly not one of the best things that we can do to ourselves whilest putting our bodies in an oven. If there is dirt/sweat in our pores before we clog them, they are just stuffed in there, kinda like taking spoiled milk and putting plastic wrap over it and sitting it in the sun. Maybe the oils from the lotions, cause washing not to be as affective. I don't know if that even makes sense, but it's sounds logical to me my smells went away right after I stopped tanning. I will say this I do not know how many of you go to the tanning bed, but this is the first year of my life where i have gone. I had never had this issue till i started tanning, and while i was tanning i never thought that was the issue, because I would always shower that night or the day after ,but after i got to the shade that i wanted i stopped going. It took a few weeks but it now seems that my breast smell is back to normal . I am no specialist but when i think about it, I was putting lotion on my skin and then baking myself. Cloggin pores is prolly not one of the best things that we can do to ourselves whilest putting ourselfs in an oveno our bodies
Sorry i double posted, i thought that looked too long.
IAM HUGE UP TOP TO AN I NOTICE A SMELL COMING FROM ME AN i know  ITS NOT MY PITS, SO WHAT CAN IT BE. THEN I FELT SWEAT IN BETWEEN MY BREASTS, THIS IS THE MAIN REASON THE BREAST SMELL. JUST LIKE OTHER BODY PARTS THERE WILL BE A SMELL WHEN U SWEAT.. SO I TRIED EVERYTHING TOO. NOW WHAT WORKS BEST FOR ME IS CLEANING MY SELF UP WHEN I FEEL SWEATY IN BETWEEN MY BREAST AN EVERY TIME AFTER CLEANING UP I PUT DEODORANT, THAT HAS A STRONG GREAT SMELL RIGHT UNDER, IN BETWEEN BREAST AS I DO TO MY ARMPITS..... I HOPE THIS HELPS OUT ALL THE WOMEN OUT THERE DEALING WITH THIS PROBLEM GOOD LUCK AND PLZ JUST TRY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I have been having this issue for a while I tried powder and the only thing that works thus far is the deodorant there however now there's a rash from the deodorant and there is hair growing there now lol so I shave the hair and put on Degree before I leave and go any place but rather it's summer or winter I get the same issue year around and yes it's from large breast and the bra's you wear that are do not space your breast so that the skin can breath there. I got some better bra's just for the space so the breast middle area can breath
I kept thinking I was smelling a dead mouse in different rooms of the house....only to realize the stench was ME.... It's a FUNGUS, and one gets it in folds in the skin where one perspires a lot!!!!  When men get it, it's called "Jock Itch."  I read all the comments on this forum, and decided to attack it on all fronts:  I wash the area with medicated dandruff shampoo; alternate use of spray, powder and cream that are made for "jock itch" and "athlete's foot", started wearing (supportive) cotton athletic bras and change those bras daily.  It went away after just a few days.  I continue to use at least one of those things above daily, since the hot weather is coming.  
Hello, ladies! I am a large breasted 26-year-old and have had a cheese like odor on and off since I played high school basketball. Just an hour after showering I smell it, even with a new bra. I have used powders and the deodorant remedies others have mentioned but stopped out of chemical concerns in the deoderants. I have read a few articles about diets and the body sweating to elimininate toxins from our foods. Processed foods, dairy and meat products, and foods with lots of preservatives or artificial flavors can all contribute to any type of body odor. If anyone has considered this or tried this with success, please chime in! I am seriously considering going vegan (again) to minimize this problem. I will repost when I have put this theory to the test!
Try putting antiperspirant or deodorant underneath and between your breast it should help...
You should absolutely no matter what, wear a different clean bra every day! Depending on the material its made of, it will trap sweat in just a couple of hours or all day. Either way, it must be changed each day. Bacterial or fungal infections are usually the culprit when there is a stench of feet or cheese. It is a common and easily treated side effect of having large breasts. Powder and cornstarch will soak up sweat and baby wipes help clean the area, but if a slight infection set in, you may want to look into a cream that treats yeast infection or athletes foot. YES...althletes foot cream treats yeast and fungal infections on skin that has no open sores or cuts.
yes you CAN get a yeast infection between or under neath your breats my doctor perscribed clotrimazole cream 2x daily for 2 weeks
mix baking soda with water and make it paste like. put it under your breast for a minute and wash off in shower. works wonders
Please let me know the name of your product and where I can get it.  
I will use alcohol and that seems to help.
dirty womens.......
dirty womens.......
What's the product please email at ***@****
Vagisil body powder is the best! I use it on my bikini line to prevent sweating and odor, under and between my breats and as a deordorant. In fact, there's no "real" deordorant that work better for me. Trust me!
sorry to be the bearer of bad news but what you describe is none other than 'ringworm' (had the misfortune a lil while back...somewhere else)...shiny weepy skin, bad odor, frequent itching, etc.  I suggest a long and dutiful regime of antifungal cream AND Powder...the expensive kind unfortunately...the generic and store bought brands were somewhat ineffective for me..the better ones are worth their weight in gold per say.  And to quote a very good Dr. "Keep applying regularly thru treatment, it might look like it's gone and it's NOT."
After cleaning the area...if the area is red try putting some antibiotic cream on it and the irritation will reduce. I started using coconut oil. I am highly allergic to many of the creams on the market and even to many deodorants so I use coconut oil and on really hot days Tom's of Maine unscented aluminum free natural odor protection. It helps quite a bit.
Tried your blow-dryer idea, along with another product & it actually works great too for under the breasts, feet, arms, etc. -either Thai Spray deoderant, or Crystal Spray deoderant. I sprayed that. Dried it on cool setting with a blow dryer, then regular powder. Less expensive than an antifugal powder/cream, though more steps.
Good question. Hope someone answers.
I'm really tired of being embarrassed, wondering if anyone else can smell this horrible smell. This is the first year this has happened. Underside of my breast look fine. I have taken old (absorbant) shoulder pads and put them under my breast inside my bra. Believe it or not, this seems to help...a little anyway. How do we find out for sure if it is a fungus or not?
Did that really work? For how long?
You are a true gem and your girlfriend is a lucky woman. Most of us, I'm sure, know what pheromones are and believe me, what we are talking about is not the pheromone scent. Think about it. Why would only women who have large breasts have a pheromone scent. Don't small breasted women need love too? I've been both small breasted and large, breast-fed 2 out of 3 babies, been skinny and "not so skinny". Through it all, the only time I've ever experienced this odor has been just the last few months and believe me, that's long enough. I wish it were pheromones!
Try putting deodorant on when you get out the shower, under your breast and in between them, then apply baby powder, this seem to help me a whole lot!
My gynecologist told me a year or two ago that the new research suggests using a powder called "Zeasorb", which actually helps to absorb the moisture.  Most powders just cake up & are not absorbent.  I couldn't find Zeasorb at my drugstore, but it can be ordered on line.  It does help keep me from getting a bright red rash under my breasts & if I wash twice a day and apply morning & night, I don't get the odor.
Hi! I do have the exact odor, kind of vinegar and sourish. The doc said its yeast infection and gave anti-fungal cream, but it doesnt work at all since i am using it. So i would be very glad if someone could explain why its not going away and why is it happening now? It started a year ago and i am 30 now, my breast size always was the same and i never had this issue ever before. So whats the reason??? Please help!
Hi! I do have the same issue but nothing seems to help,.nor anti-fungal creams too. Did u get any further what this could be and how it could be solved?
I have the same issue and what I do is wash with dial anti bacterial soap, then make sure its dry and apply hydrogen peroxide.. which eats the yeast..you should see some bubbling.. (side note peroxide also works great for external itching for yeast infections) I then dry again and add athletes foot cream.
I have this issue as well and after talking to my doctor it is a yeast infection and was given nystatin to treat it. My doc also game me some home remedies.. mostly hydrogen peroxide, apple cider vinegar, and lotrimin cream.
I was also told to use powder on it once it heals.. but do not use anything with corn starch as the ingredients feed the yeast that is growing the same for lotion or anything that may be sweet. I also use socks under my boobs during the really hot days this keeps the skin dry between my breasts and  bra.
I have the same problem, which started this summer. I have gained wait especially n my breast. I went frm a 36B to a 38C...ugh!!! Everyday there's an odor under my breasts n it's embarrassing. After reading all of the comments earlier. I read a comment that stated "2 use white vinegar." Well ladies guess what?? IT WORKS!!! I can never leave my home and come back w/out heading straight 2 the bthrm. I did 2day!! I can honestly say "That white vinegar works!!" I just poured a lil' on a paper towel n wiped twice under my breasts. 5 hrs later NO SMELL!! Good luck ladies, I hope u fine the solution 2 this TERRIBLE PROBLEM!!
I finally broke down and went to see my Doctor about the Rash and Smell emitting from my Breast. She confirmed that it is a Yeast Infection and not uncommon in Big Breasted Women. I had tried Numerous Things, Monistat, Lotriman, Oils, Powders and Nothing worked very Long, it always came back. She prescribed Nystatin Powder and within 24 hours, the Rash and smell is all but gone. If you have had no Long Term results with other Remedy's, go see your PC Doctor and get her to Check it out..Nystatin is my Hero..!
I have large breasts but never had this problem until I gained extra weight. To resolve my problem I did 2 things, 1. I invested in new bras and bought a BIGGER cup size to my previous bras. I also made sure I had enough so that I didn't have to reuse a bra during the week. Since doing this I have not had the smell from under my breasts, I do not use and creams or powders just a fresh bra each day that fits correctly. I hope this helps :)
I am a 36 FF and It started JUST after I got a nasty Shingles rash under one of my breasts (Thank goodness I have a understanding and non-image worried new husband because those marks are NEVER going away)

I wasn't sure if it was becuase I had to put creams all over daily to keep the itchy burn down, and Vick's to sleep at all at night. (mayby a chemical overdose in the area and the toxins are trying to escape)

However its going on long enough that it is driving me nuts.  Thank you all for your honest ideas.  Mine is more the vinegar smell, so I am going to tey a few of the yeast ideas first (fungus seems to me to smell different)
I think that you are absolutely correct when you say that for the most part women with smelly big breasts "are simply smelling the normal scent of bacteria that has grown from the sweat". It is perfectly normal. But I think you are wrong when you say the following:

"3) The gentleman with the funk fetish that called the smell phermones, whose heart may have been inthe right place, is incorrect.
And while it's kind he wants to be supportive of his wife, not caring for your body properly is unhealthy & unhygenic, and can lead to all sorts of gross & risky health issues. "

We are not talking about lack of hygiene here. This smell occurs shortly after showering if the girl/woman has really large breasts. That is why so many regard this as a problem - because normal hygiene doesn't help. And I agree with the aforementioned gentleman - the natural scent of a big bust is highly arousing. I also know many other men who thinks the same. Bear this in mind before you start making a problem out of something that really is absolutely natural and not unhealthy at all. In my own experience women in general tend to be to critical of themselves. Don't be. Continue to have a normal hygiene and accept that the human body is not odourless. Otherwise you're moving into psychologically unhealthy territory.
Use Vagasil or Gold Bond. Its caused through sweat stagnating under the breast area

Its common in women with larger breasts
I am so grateful that I found others with this similar issue as mine.  I started noticing it about a year ago, every now and again.  Strangest thing is I would notice it out of the blue, just moving and get this scent of babymilk or sour milk whifting up to meet me. I couldnt pinpoint when it was happening either because sometimes it would be before my shower and sometimes afterwards.  At least now I will know what to suspect and the reason I found this site at all was due to a search on "yeast" as I suffer from chronic yeast infections with an unknown source. So thank you all for the info and a nod in the right direction, I dont think we are looking for problems where none exist, pheromones are one thing, sour baby milk is another.
I too have large breast and noticed that during the summer months, or even after sleeping on my stomach that my breast tend to smell awful. I tried everything and nothing worked, until I tried Axe women's body spray. I feel more comfortable now going around people,as I do like to hug a lot. The embarrassing scent, kept me away from those hugs. I feel more confident now.
Thank God for the internet!!!!  As with all of you lovely, large breasted women on this post......I, too could not figure out why all of a sudden, several times thoughout the day/night I would get an overwhelming whiff of sour milk.  I cleaned out the fridge, checked under the seats in my car, smelled my cats and dogs to see if they got into something, accused my daughter of smelling like rotten milk....none of which solved the sour odor mystery and alienated my daughter.  And then....it happened!  I was changing into my p.j.'s, bent over to take off my socks...my nose now positioned directly over my cleavage and damn near gagged.  OMG!!!! It's me!  it's my breasts!!!  I had just showered that morning.  What was happening??  HA!  Did a quick Google search and PHEW!!!! found this post  and discovered I'm not alone.  Went to my doctor who confirmed it is in fact yeast related.  Diflucan cured mine.
NOW!!!!  For all of you tiny ******* out there who dream of DD's, be happy with your sweet smelling, perky little breasts!!  You will not smell like rotten milk, you won't pinch your nipple when pulling up your underwear, and you won't have to have someone help you roll your breast up to get into your bra!!!
Hello all.....
I have FOUND THE SOLUTION FOR THAT BREAST ODOR !!!!!
I happened to find under my bathroom cabinet:

JOHNSON's BABY POWDER with ALOE & VITAMIN E "Medicated" !!!!

I swear by it !!! Plus, its great ALL OVER !!!! :)
Try it !! I promise it will rid any of that unwanted smell !!!!
Try domeboro its an astringent and helps to keep the area dry its the only thing that helps me..
i use blue star ointment . it burnt a little the first few times i used it but it doesn't anymore and the odor is gone too. but you cant really skip a day cause it will return. and if you want, seeing that most of you lady's walk around with baby wipes you can use rubbing alcohol or witch hazel and put some on a cloth to wipe between your breast, if you were to sweat the ointment off. i never had to reapply the ointment though, it pretty good.

that's what works for me. i am far from anything resembling a doctor so you don't have to take me seriously. i'm just telling you what works for me and my boobies :)
i did the zinc cream all last summer.  it DOES NOT cure it.  it's back with a vengence and it's only spring.  itching, sweating, smelling.  i've tried vinegar, washing, zinc cream, fungus creams, fungus powder Rx, NOTHING SO FAR HAS CURED IT AND MADE IT COMPLETELY STOP, i have just ordered grapefuit seed oil and am hoping it works. it's like i have fungus mushrooms growing under my boobs.  yuck!
temporary. doesn't work. doesn't cure it.
I'VE READ THROUGH ALL THE POSTS AND DEALT WITH THIS FOR YEARS AND YEARS READ THIS IF U WANT TO KNOW WHAT WORKS AND DON'T WANT TO SPEND TIME READING EVERY POST

FOUND THE CURE:
WASH WITH LYSOL AUTOMATIC HANDPUMP SOAP
RINSE
DRY WITH AN ABSOLUTELY CLEAN OUT OF THE DRYER TOWEL
****DO NOT USE A PREVIOUSLY USED TOWEL!!!!******
PUT 1/4 TABLESPOON FRESHLY SQUEEZED LEMON UNDER EACH BOOB (I ALSO PUT IT IN THE CREASES OF MY LEG AFTER WASHING THEM TOO)
HOLD YOUR BOOBS UP AND DRY WITH A HAIR DRYER, SAME W CREASES. SPLASH WITH 1/4 TEASPOON VINEGAR IN EACH AREA, DRY WITH DRYER HOLDING THEM UP DRY OTHER CREASES TOO.
PUT ON ABSOLUTELY CLEAN OUT OF THE DRYER CLOTHING.  DO NOT WEAR PREVIOUSLY WARN BRAS OR SHIRTS.  IT HAS TO BE CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!!!  IT'S A FUNGUS AND IF U PUT ON DIRTY BRAS AND CLOTHES YOU'RE JUST REINFECTING YOURSELF.  TREAT INTIMATE PARTNER TOO BECAUSE THEY MIGHT BE REINFECTING U TOO. THE ACID KILLS IT DEAD.  DO THIS FOR 2 MONTHS STRAIGHT.  CONTINUE TO WEAR CLEAN CLOTHES. WASH CLOTHES IN FULL STRENGTH VINEGAR TOO.

what DOES NOT WORK?????:

(the following do not kill the yeast and you will be using them over and over with no cure)
(p.s. it's not "shingles" lol)
GOING TO THE DOCTOR <<DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY they can't cure it and their expensive powders and creams do not work.  trust me i already spent hundreds of dollars going to a doc AND a dermotologist and NEITHER cured me or helped me in any way shape or form.  this is a fungal infection, creams and powders do not cure it. nystatin powder does not work or it didn't for me.
baby powder
vagisil powder
any commercial wash
over the counter yeast creams <<they do not work
zinc cream
zeasorb powder
tea tree loses effectiveness
deodorant
crystal deodorant <<doesn't kill yeast
cornstarch DOES NOT WORK YOU ARE FEEDING THE YEAST YUCK!
baby wipes
jock itch or athletes foot sprays (from a hunting store lol) (do not work)
summers eve towelettes
desitin does not work long term.  dries but does not kill fungus
antibiotics (give me a break!!! fungus infections don't get treated with antibiotics lol)
laser hair removal lol come on, who has hair under their breast???

what i have not tried yet:
witch hazel
win detergent
bakingsoda paste <<prob would get the smell but woudn't kill yeast or cure
coconut oil
rubbing alcohol
hydrogen peroxide
blue star ointment

I ALSO USED TO DOUSE PAPER TOWELS WITH VINEGAR AND ON MY OFF TIME PROP THEM UNDER MY BOOBS AND KEEP THEM THERE TIL IT DRIED.  DOES GOOD TO KILL THE SMELL BUT NOT THE YEAST.  I IMAGINE A VERY VERY STRONG EXPENSIVE YEAST INFECTION CREAM IN CONJUCTION WITH THE LEMON / VINEGAR AND CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLOTHES MY WORK BEST.  ALL THESE IN CONJUCTION I BELIEVE ARE KEY BECAUSE IF YOU'RE PUTTING BACK ON DIRTY CLOTHES YOU'RE REINFECTING YOURSELF.  IF YOU'RE GETTING INTIMATE (SKIN TOUCHING) WITH SOMEONE ELSE INFECTED AND THEY'RE NOT TREATED THEN YOU'RE ALSO REINFECTING YOURSELF.
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's actually the lemon juice let dry then lightly swipe with thom's of maine "naturally dry" 24hr antiperspirant/deodorant.

THE LEMON JUICE creates an environment where the fungus can't survive, it stops the itching and irritation and smell
THE DEODORANT/ANTIPERSPIRANT stops the weeping/sweating.

MY COMBINATION WORKS.
i say use thoms of maine 'NATURALLY DRY" ONLY because i've tried others and they don't work as good.
http://www.defensesoap.com/defense-body-wipes.html

Try the soap or shower gel and the body wipes for in between clean-ups.  It helps with all kinds of fungal infections, MRSA, lice, jock itch, and many other things.  

Yes I do, & it does have that type of smell (vinegary). I thought I was all alone with this issue. Im going to try this product. Thank you so much.
i read your post about the creamy substance under your breast, i have been having this creamy and odorous problem for a year.
i am now having the same problem in all the crevices of my body.
have you found any further methods since you posted
Girl
It's yeast. Just get some monistat cream the 7 day kind and after showering run some under your breasts. Do this for 3 days and it'll be gone. I spray Goldbond body spray under my breasts after the treatment to keep them dry. Should it return, just do it again. Simple and it works!
Girl
That should be RUB some under your breasts not run!
I have the same smell too, i started having this 3 years ago almost, the smell is rather vinegary and when it dries, i guess i smell like a mob, a dirty mob...:(, but i doubt that people prone to diabetes have fungal/yeast problems, so i recommend, which i will do too, to use Kikiflynn Candida Cleanse (on youtube), this lady has got all answers natrually, but meanwhile, i will go to the Monistat solution to give it a try, will try to keep dry with Zinc Oxide powder, and try to reduce the sugar in my food, yup...but let' not forget not to use the same bra more than one day, just for the mean while, not to overload our laundry with washing soap/powder, checmicals will make you more prone to yeast infections, the more natural you go, the better it is to protect your body's natural defenses, best of luck to all...
I soaked my bras in hot water with simple white vinegar for about 20 minutes & then washed them like normal-  it really worked on that nasty boob sweat stench-  good luck to all-  hope that helps..
I never had problems before, could be cheaper elastic in the bras. I buy expensive bras but checked the label.  Of course now made in China. I've also noticed the elastic in my underpants breaks me out .  
I get this exact small problem, but mine is ALL YEAR it seems, or just in hotter climates. Mine turns into heat rash and it hurts! I'm extremely chesty as well, and my left breast is the only one with this issue! The right..not so much. I would use the gold bond medicated powder, it keeps it dry and it won't turn into heat rash! Also, like the other ladies said, use a different bra everyday (i wash mine so much, that when I need new bras I buy a weeks worth at a time, it's not cheap but it's useful for this issue) and I keep my old bras (that aren't so shot but still wearable) as back up bras. Wash your body with unscented, hypoallergenic etc body wash, this has helped me. I'm glad I'm not the only woman with this issue!
Milk of Magnesia works wonders.  Just rub some under each breast.
this is to all the people on here. Mine smell like pizza dough. That is why I think it is a yeast problem. Overgrowth in my body. But this is the only place that I can smell it. I also notice it in my bras. I cannot afford several either, so I am at a loss for words.  I bathe daily, and I am really afraid to use deodorant  or antipersperant  because I have heard using that under the breast can cause breast cancers.  I have tried baking soda, no difference, baby wipes, ew. made it worse. I do use a powder after the shower, but at night it smells horrid. I think I will try the grapefruit seed oil payday. If anyone finds a relief that works, please let me know. And yes, I too am big busted.
Cat
I too have the smell under the breast problem and years ago was told by a doctor to mix half and half lamasil cream and hydrocortizone cream. I got my doctor to prescribe a large tube of prescription strength so save on cost...which isn't allot.   The hydrocortizone cream makes the antifungal cream STRONGER so it will kill the fungus.   Apply cream once to twice a day for about 2 weeks and will kill the problem...but yeast may start to grow there again next time you sweat as it likes damp places...mine has been an ongoing thing but I just use the cream whenever it comes back and in a few days it's gone again.
good luck!
This thread makes me feel better about myself and this problem.  Another tip - keep a small container of anti-bacterial soap in the shower.  You won't want to use it all over, but it works well for cleaning under your breasts and I even use it for washing my inner thigh creases where I tend to sweat in warm weather.

Thanks for all the sharing, ladies.  :)