BREAST ODOR
HELLO EVERYONE,

RECENTLY IT WAS BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT THERE IS A BODY ODOR LIKE SMELL WHICH IS COMING FROM MY BREAST. I DO HAVE A BIGGER CHEST, BUT I AM VERY CLEAN NONE THE LESS. I ASSUMED THAT THIS ODOR MAY BE PRESENT DUE THE FACT THAT IT IS THE SUMMER AND I TEND TO SWEAT MORE, BUT I NOTICED IT AGAIN ON FRIDAY AT WORK AND MY BODY WAS COMPLETELY DRY. I HAD TWO OF MY FRIENDS AT WORK, ONE MY BOSS, SMELL THE AREA AND THEY CONFIRMED.
MY QUESTIONS ARE:
1. IS THIS NORMAL FOR A WOMEN EVEN IF SHE ISN'T SWEATING?
2. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN TAKE OR EVEN APPLY TO MY BREASTS THAT IS SAFE AND WON'T AFFECT THE AREA.
THANK YOU ALL
Hi! I do have the same issue but nothing seems to help,.nor anti-fungal creams too. Did u get any further what this could be and how it could be solved?
I have the same issue and what I do is wash with dial anti bacterial soap, then make sure its dry and apply hydrogen peroxide.. which eats the yeast..you should see some bubbling.. (side note peroxide also works great for external itching for yeast infections) I then dry again and add athletes foot cream.
I have this issue as well and after talking to my doctor it is a yeast infection and was given nystatin to treat it. My doc also game me some home remedies.. mostly hydrogen peroxide, apple cider vinegar, and lotrimin cream.
I was also told to use powder on it once it heals.. but do not use anything with corn starch as the ingredients feed the yeast that is growing the same for lotion or anything that may be sweet. I also use socks under my boobs during the really hot days this keeps the skin dry between my breasts and  bra.
I have the same problem, which started this summer. I have gained wait especially n my breast. I went frm a 36B to a 38C...ugh!!! Everyday there's an odor under my breasts n it's embarrassing. After reading all of the comments earlier. I read a comment that stated "2 use white vinegar." Well ladies guess what?? IT WORKS!!! I can never leave my home and come back w/out heading straight 2 the bthrm. I did 2day!! I can honestly say "That white vinegar works!!" I just poured a lil' on a paper towel n wiped twice under my breasts. 5 hrs later NO SMELL!! Good luck ladies, I hope u fine the solution 2 this TERRIBLE PROBLEM!!
I finally broke down and went to see my Doctor about the Rash and Smell emitting from my Breast. She confirmed that it is a Yeast Infection and not uncommon in Big Breasted Women. I had tried Numerous Things, Monistat, Lotriman, Oils, Powders and Nothing worked very Long, it always came back. She prescribed Nystatin Powder and within 24 hours, the Rash and smell is all but gone. If you have had no Long Term results with other Remedy's, go see your PC Doctor and get her to Check it out..Nystatin is my Hero..!
I have large breasts but never had this problem until I gained extra weight. To resolve my problem I did 2 things, 1. I invested in new bras and bought a BIGGER cup size to my previous bras. I also made sure I had enough so that I didn't have to reuse a bra during the week. Since doing this I have not had the smell from under my breasts, I do not use and creams or powders just a fresh bra each day that fits correctly. I hope this helps :)
I am a 36 FF and It started JUST after I got a nasty Shingles rash under one of my breasts (Thank goodness I have a understanding and non-image worried new husband because those marks are NEVER going away)

I wasn't sure if it was becuase I had to put creams all over daily to keep the itchy burn down, and Vick's to sleep at all at night. (mayby a chemical overdose in the area and the toxins are trying to escape)

However its going on long enough that it is driving me nuts.  Thank you all for your honest ideas.  Mine is more the vinegar smell, so I am going to tey a few of the yeast ideas first (fungus seems to me to smell different)
I think that you are absolutely correct when you say that for the most part women with smelly big breasts "are simply smelling the normal scent of bacteria that has grown from the sweat". It is perfectly normal. But I think you are wrong when you say the following:

"3) The gentleman with the funk fetish that called the smell phermones, whose heart may have been inthe right place, is incorrect.
Phermones are a natural scent the bodyproduces, but are, for the most part, undetectable to our noses.  They certainly don't smell like funk, either.
And while it's kind he wants to be supportive of his wife, not caring for your body properly is unhealthy & unhygenic, and can lead to all sorts of gross & risky health issues. "

We are not talking about lack of hygiene here. This smell occurs shortly after showering if the girl/woman has really large breasts. That is why so many regard this as a problem - because normal hygiene doesn't help. And I agree with the aforementioned gentleman - the natural scent of a big bust is highly arousing. I also know many other men who thinks the same. Bear this in mind before you start making a problem out of something that really is absolutely natural and not unhealthy at all. In my own experience women in general tend to be to critical of themselves. Don't be. Continue to have a normal hygiene and accept that the human body is not odourless. Otherwise you're moving into psychologically unhealthy territory.
Use Vagasil or Gold Bond. Its caused through sweat stagnating under the breast area

Its common in women with larger breasts
I am so grateful that I found others with this similar issue as mine.  I started noticing it about a year ago, every now and again.  Strangest thing is I would notice it out of the blue, just moving and get this scent of babymilk or sour milk whifting up to meet me. I couldnt pinpoint when it was happening either because sometimes it would be before my shower and sometimes afterwards.  At least now I will know what to suspect and the reason I found this site at all was due to a search on "yeast" as I suffer from chronic yeast infections with an unknown source. So thank you all for the info and a nod in the right direction, I dont think we are looking for problems where none exist, pheromones are one thing, sour baby milk is another.
I too have large breast and noticed that during the summer months, or even after sleeping on my stomach that my breast tend to smell awful. I tried everything and nothing worked, until I tried Axe women's body spray. I feel more comfortable now going around people,as I do like to hug a lot. The embarrassing scent, kept me away from those hugs. I feel more confident now.
Thank God for the internet!!!!  As with all of you lovely, large breasted women on this post......I, too could not figure out why all of a sudden, several times thoughout the day/night I would get an overwhelming whiff of sour milk.  I cleaned out the fridge, checked under the seats in my car, smelled my cats and dogs to see if they got into something, accused my daughter of smelling like rotten milk....none of which solved the sour odor mystery and alienated my daughter.  And then....it happened!  I was changing into my p.j.'s, bent over to take off my socks...my nose now positioned directly over my cleavage and damn near gagged.  OMG!!!! It's me!  it's my breasts!!!  I had just showered that morning.  What was happening??  HA!  Did a quick Google search and PHEW!!!! found this post  and discovered I'm not alone.  Went to my doctor who confirmed it is in fact yeast related.  Diflucan cured mine.
NOW!!!!  For all of you tiny ******* out there who dream of DD's, be happy with your sweet smelling, perky little breasts!!  You will not smell like rotten milk, you won't pinch your nipple when pulling up your underwear, and you won't have to have someone help you roll your breast up to get into your bra!!!
Hello all.....
I have FOUND THE SOLUTION FOR THAT BREAST ODOR !!!!!
I happened to find under my bathroom cabinet:

JOHNSON's BABY POWDER with ALOE & VITAMIN E "Medicated" !!!!

I swear by it !!! Plus, its great ALL OVER !!!! :)
Try it !! I promise it will rid any of that unwanted smell !!!!
Try domeboro its an astringent and helps to keep the area dry its the only thing that helps me..
i use blue star ointment . it burnt a little the first few times i used it but it doesn't anymore and the odor is gone too. but you cant really skip a day cause it will return. and if you want, seeing that most of you lady's walk around with baby wipes you can use rubbing alcohol or witch hazel and put some on a cloth to wipe between your breast, if you were to sweat the ointment off. i never had to reapply the ointment though, it pretty good.

that's what works for me. i am far from anything resembling a doctor so you don't have to take me seriously. i'm just telling you what works for me and my boobies :)
i did the zinc cream all last summer.  it DOES NOT cure it.  it's back with a vengence and it's only spring.  itching, sweating, smelling.  i've tried vinegar, washing, zinc cream, fungus creams, fungus powder Rx, NOTHING SO FAR HAS CURED IT AND MADE IT COMPLETELY STOP, i have just ordered grapefuit seed oil and am hoping it works. it's like i have fungus mushrooms growing under my boobs.  yuck!
temporary. doesn't work. doesn't cure it.
I'VE READ THROUGH ALL THE POSTS AND DEALT WITH THIS FOR YEARS AND YEARS READ THIS IF U WANT TO KNOW WHAT WORKS AND DON'T WANT TO SPEND TIME READING EVERY POST

FOUND THE CURE:
WASH WITH LYSOL AUTOMATIC HANDPUMP SOAP
RINSE
DRY WITH AN ABSOLUTELY CLEAN OUT OF THE DRYER TOWEL
****DO NOT USE A PREVIOUSLY USED TOWEL!!!!******
PUT 1/4 TABLESPOON FRESHLY SQUEEZED LEMON UNDER EACH BOOB (I ALSO PUT IT IN THE CREASES OF MY LEG AFTER WASHING THEM TOO)
HOLD YOUR BOOBS UP AND DRY WITH A HAIR DRYER, SAME W CREASES. SPLASH WITH 1/4 TEASPOON VINEGAR IN EACH AREA, DRY WITH DRYER HOLDING THEM UP DRY OTHER CREASES TOO.
PUT ON ABSOLUTELY CLEAN OUT OF THE DRYER CLOTHING.  DO NOT WEAR PREVIOUSLY WARN BRAS OR SHIRTS.  IT HAS TO BE CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!!!  IT'S A FUNGUS AND IF U PUT ON DIRTY BRAS AND CLOTHES YOU'RE JUST REINFECTING YOURSELF.  TREAT INTIMATE PARTNER TOO BECAUSE THEY MIGHT BE REINFECTING U TOO. THE ACID KILLS IT DEAD.  DO THIS FOR 2 MONTHS STRAIGHT.  CONTINUE TO WEAR CLEAN CLOTHES. WASH CLOTHES IN FULL STRENGTH VINEGAR TOO.

what DOES NOT WORK?????:

(the following do not kill the yeast and you will be using them over and over with no cure)
(p.s. it's not "shingles" lol)
GOING TO THE DOCTOR <<DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY they can't cure it and their expensive powders and creams do not work.  trust me i already spent hundreds of dollars going to a doc AND a dermotologist and NEITHER cured me or helped me in any way shape or form.  this is a fungal infection, creams and powders do not cure it. nystatin powder does not work or it didn't for me.
baby powder
vagisil powder
any commercial wash
over the counter yeast creams <<they do not work
zinc cream
zeasorb powder
tea tree loses effectiveness
deodorant
crystal deodorant <<doesn't kill yeast
cornstarch DOES NOT WORK YOU ARE FEEDING THE YEAST YUCK!
baby wipes
jock itch or athletes foot sprays (from a hunting store lol) (do not work)
summers eve towelettes
desitin does not work long term.  dries but does not kill fungus
antibiotics (give me a break!!! fungus infections don't get treated with antibiotics lol)
laser hair removal lol come on, who has hair under their breast???

what i have not tried yet:
witch hazel
win detergent
bakingsoda paste <<prob would get the smell but woudn't kill yeast or cure
coconut oil
rubbing alcohol
hydrogen peroxide
blue star ointment

I ALSO USED TO DOUSE PAPER TOWELS WITH VINEGAR AND ON MY OFF TIME PROP THEM UNDER MY BOOBS AND KEEP THEM THERE TIL IT DRIED.  DOES GOOD TO KILL THE SMELL BUT NOT THE YEAST.  I IMAGINE A VERY VERY STRONG EXPENSIVE YEAST INFECTION CREAM IN CONJUCTION WITH THE LEMON / VINEGAR AND CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLOTHES MY WORK BEST.  ALL THESE IN CONJUCTION I BELIEVE ARE KEY BECAUSE IF YOU'RE PUTTING BACK ON DIRTY CLOTHES YOU'RE REINFECTING YOURSELF.  IF YOU'RE GETTING INTIMATE (SKIN TOUCHING) WITH SOMEONE ELSE INFECTED AND THEY'RE NOT TREATED THEN YOU'RE ALSO REINFECTING YOURSELF.
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's actually the lemon juice let dry then lightly swipe with thom's of maine "naturally dry" 24hr antiperspirant/deodorant.

THE LEMON JUICE creates an environment where the fungus can't survive, it stops the itching and irritation and smell
THE DEODORANT/ANTIPERSPIRANT stops the weeping/sweating.

MY COMBINATION WORKS.
i say use thoms of maine 'NATURALLY DRY" ONLY because i've tried others and they don't work as good.
http://www.defensesoap.com/defense-body-wipes.html

Try the soap or shower gel and the body wipes for in between clean-ups.  It helps with all kinds of fungal infections, MRSA, lice, jock itch, and many other things.  

Yes I do, & it does have that type of smell (vinegary). I thought I was all alone with this issue. Im going to try this product. Thank you so much.
i read your post about the creamy substance under your breast, i have been having this creamy and odorous problem for a year.
i am now having the same problem in all the crevices of my body.
have you found any further methods since you posted
Girl
SunrisedrpExternal User
It's yeast. Just get some monistat cream the 7 day kind and after showering run some under your breasts. Do this for 3 days and it'll be gone. I spray Goldbond body spray under my breasts after the treatment to keep them dry. Should it return, just do it again. Simple and it works!
Girl
SunrisedrpExternal User
That should be RUB some under your breasts not run!
I have the same smell too, i started having this 3 years ago almost, the smell is rather vinegary and when it dries, i guess i smell like a mob, a dirty mob...:(, but i doubt that people prone to diabetes have fungal/yeast problems, so i recommend, which i will do too, to use Kikiflynn Candida Cleanse (on youtube), this lady has got all answers natrually, but meanwhile, i will go to the Monistat solution to give it a try, will try to keep dry with Zinc Oxide powder, and try to reduce the sugar in my food, yup...but let' not forget not to use the same bra more than one day, just for the mean while, not to overload our laundry with washing soap/powder, checmicals will make you more prone to yeast infections, the more natural you go, the better it is to protect your body's natural defenses, best of luck to all...
I soaked my bras in hot water with simple white vinegar for about 20 minutes & then washed them like normal-  it really worked on that nasty boob sweat stench-  good luck to all-  hope that helps..
I never had problems before, could be cheaper elastic in the bras. I buy expensive bras but checked the label.  Of course now made in China. I've also noticed the elastic in my underpants breaks me out .  
I get this exact small problem, but mine is ALL YEAR it seems, or just in hotter climates. Mine turns into heat rash and it hurts! I'm extremely chesty as well, and my left breast is the only one with this issue! The right..not so much. I would use the gold bond medicated powder, it keeps it dry and it won't turn into heat rash! Also, like the other ladies said, use a different bra everyday (i wash mine so much, that when I need new bras I buy a weeks worth at a time, it's not cheap but it's useful for this issue) and I keep my old bras (that aren't so shot but still wearable) as back up bras. Wash your body with unscented, hypoallergenic etc body wash, this has helped me. I'm glad I'm not the only woman with this issue!
Milk of Magnesia works wonders.  Just rub some under each breast.
this is to all the people on here. Mine smell like pizza dough. That is why I think it is a yeast problem. Overgrowth in my body. But this is the only place that I can smell it. I also notice it in my bras. I cannot afford several either, so I am at a loss for words.  I bathe daily, and I am really afraid to use deodorant  or antipersperant  because I have heard using that under the breast can cause breast cancers.  I have tried baking soda, no difference, baby wipes, ew. made it worse. I do use a powder after the shower, but at night it smells horrid. I think I will try the grapefruit seed oil payday. If anyone finds a relief that works, please let me know. And yes, I too am big busted.
Cat
aurorastarrExternal User
I too have the smell under the breast problem and years ago was told by a doctor to mix half and half lamasil cream and hydrocortizone cream. I got my doctor to prescribe a large tube of prescription strength so save on cost...which isn't allot.   The hydrocortizone cream makes the antifungal cream STRONGER so it will kill the fungus.   Apply cream once to twice a day for about 2 weeks and will kill the problem...but yeast may start to grow there again next time you sweat as it likes damp places...mine has been an ongoing thing but I just use the cream whenever it comes back and in a few days it's gone again.
good luck!
This thread makes me feel better about myself and this problem.  Another tip - keep a small container of anti-bacterial soap in the shower.  You won't want to use it all over, but it works well for cleaning under your breasts and I even use it for washing my inner thigh creases where I tend to sweat in warm weather.

Thanks for all the sharing, ladies.  :)
I figured out why this happens, and how to stop it.  Get a colonic.  The smell will go away!  
I try to keep myself so clean, this is upsetting news, where does it come from?  It has affected under each breast and its been two months, i'm in agony, the skin is opened over part of my right breast. Minimal itching, but everything else you described is right on the money.
If I wrote out everything that i learned as a doc. of naturopathy, it would have looked just like your ( FEJIO's) feedback to the girls. Perfection, i hope they all follow your advice to the *T*.  Take care, :)
lol thanks for your answer for under breast infection and fixing it. also for being so down to earth to an embarassing problem, you actually made me smile as i sat here with baby wipes inside my bra, haha. Take care!
I have been silently stalking this website as I too, HAD the same awful odor radiating from between my breasts, wafting up to my nose. I am not even that big.....34C or 36B.  It's only been one whole week, but the smell is gone, and was gone the first time I sprinkled this between and under my breasts.  It hasn't returned although I use this everyday.  Baby power doesn't work.....but this does......AMMENS Medicated Powder. I remembered using it for Athletes foot, and with all the talk of perhaps fungus related, I  bought it to test it out. It works.  Try it.  You've got nothing to lose.....except that embarrassing smell.
i have the same problem!

has anyone tried to rub perfume underneath the breast folds or spray perfume in cleavage? does it help?
That would be great but I can not afford 300$ on a weeks worth of sports bras :-(
same here. all of a sudden the smell. I am curious. Has any of you gained weight or has been diagnosed with PCOS or any other hormonal imbalance?
I haven't tried the fungal treatment. I hope that works. I have a severe citrus allergy so grapefruit seed and lemon/lime are out for me. The smell used to go away using powder, but now it doesn't. I'm getting really frustrated with this.
I have been using a cream called:  Breast Fresh.  It stops some sweating and I do not have the smell.
I have been having this problem also but its less of a sweat smell and more of infection. I do have a small rash under my left breast from I guess my bra and that's where the odar is. Anyone have THIS problem? So embarassed
Odor*
Witch hazel is what I found works and the easiest thing to use is Tucks hemorrhoid wipes. Plus it has pain killers in it which really help if your skin is raw but at first it stings like most things do before they kill the pain, but it instantly kills the smell. Hope this helps.
I deal with the exact same issue and I'm a person who showers twice a day and wears wonderful smelling body spray(s).  You can buy Summer's Eve Douche POWDER and rub a little under your breasts after each shower. This will absorb the odor and keep you dry and fresh smelling there all day.  Don't use Shower to Shower though because it may cause a rash(happened to me) but Summer's Eve or ANY Douche Powder does the job effectively.
I've had this odor that smells kind of like vinegar in my cleavage & under my breasts where they're flopsy. I sweat a lot year round due to side effects from meds.,I've often wondered if it was yeast. You confirmed my thoughts. One thing I learned NOT to do that is recommended by some is putting deodorant under your breasts and in cleavage. It blocks pores & it will cause a bad rash under your breasts. I have Nystatin cream. Would that work?  I've used powders & the sweat just makes the powder all clump together. Thanks for the Nystatin advice. It is very helpful. I shouldn't complain because I've waited decades to have "cleavage to drop crumbs in". :)  I just didn't want it to be in my late 50's with weight gain.
Hello ladies, I have a breast odor that I can&#39;t get rid of. Powders irritate my skin. What should i do? I am a custodian and sweat all day. Please would someone help me.