Bad Irritation/Pain...yeast infection, razor burn?
I am 22, i've been prone to yeast infections and UTI's alot! Lately within the last 5 weeks, i had a yeast infection last month, the week before my period. Sex hasnt been as fun anymore because i seem to just get irritated alot easier now. But this time around, the last couple of days(period close), and especially today its bad. My vagina in red and irritated, and there are small little bumps on the outside on my bikini line.

Since i've been with my boyfriend, i shave more often that i used too. I have sensitive skin, so every time i also shave within a day or two after, i'm irriated too... they look like ingrown hairs and razor burn but i'm not sure. My boyfriend and i are completly clean, so an STD would be not likely, bascially impossible. I've been to my doc last month for the yeast infection and then for a UTI 2 weeks ago, they checked me all out and i'm clean and good to go, besides the infection and uti. Is there something that i can do to prevent this irriation every week? Or to shave differently? Please help! I'm seeing my doc Monday just to make sure!
for razor burn and ingrown hair i use a great product called tendskin. you just apply it after you shave and daily. there is the option of waxing too. as far as your other problems, make sure you pee right after sex, you have to "clean" out your urethra so you dont get a uti.
Thank i'll try that tendskin that you suggested! I've been wanting to try waxing but i'm gonna wait till i'm back home in the city to try it first, i dont trust this country area i live in for school :o) I hope that it goes away or helps alot. I also heard that its better for women to shave their bikini line with conditioner not shaving gel?? Suppose to help soften the hair, have you heard about that?
my girlfriends have used conditioner, shampoo, i like to use shaving cream. and always!!!! use a new razor. it can get expensive but never let it go more than a few uses before throwing it away. i saw a bikini shaving kit at the drugstore the other day. it was kinda costly and i dont know that it had better results than if you bought everything individually. it did have some after shaving solution, i guess like the tendskin. i have waxed myself, but ouchie, its hard to inflict that kind of pain to yourself haha.
Yea i didn't know to change your razor every time that you shave your bikini line and to use a one blade one too, not the 3 blades that can cause alot of irriation and thats what i used. My friend suggested this product called Coochy from pure suduction.com and its for shaving your bikini line, its like a conditioner to soften the hairs too. So i think i'm going to try that. I am gonna try the tendskin that you suggested... where can i find that? Drugstores?
To the first comment...whatever you do DO NOT pee after intercourse, that increases the chances of getting an infection. About the razor burn...i would say try waxing. Good Luck
Ya i'll let you know if it works! My friend has been using it for over a year now, and she hasnt had any more problems! i'd be up for lazor too. Its just a pain in the butt.. just another thing us girls have to deal with that men dont haha!
i wonder where you got your info? yes you do need to pee after intercourse. uti's are definatly caused by semen in the urinary tract. make sure you know your stuff before you comment on it ;)
I have been told by my doctors that you should make sure that you pee after intercourse.. it helps with not getting UTI's since i've very prone to those. Or you did you just mean as of right now with the razor burn to not pee afterwards?
i cant help but laugh, there was a convo on here some time ago and somebody recommended that coochy product lol. let me know if it works!i tell you id love to do laser.
Whatever you do, make sure you DO pee after sex. That will help prevent an infection, i.e. a uti.  I don't know where that other poster gets her information from.
To pee or not to pee .... that is the question! The thing that works best for me after I shave is neosporin. I put it on immediately after I shave - that cuts down on the redness and ingrown hairs. Good luck!
Yes, make it a practice to pee after intercourse or any kind of heavy petting.

FYI
It's not the semen that causes the uti, it's the bacteria being forced into the opening of the urethra from the friction that can set you up for a uti.
KGirl- This is only a thought, but wanted to share it. I was looking at this website because I get razor burn badly and needed some recommendations.  I recently had the same symptoms and was getting frustrated. I started looking deeper into the issue and found out that there are other things out there that can cause symptoms like a yeast infection and a UTI. I don't want this to freak you out, but sometimes people mistake them for HSV II, which is genital herpes. I am not saying that you have it, but you may want to get checked. It is a blood test that your, or any, Doctor can do. There are medicines out there that can definitely help with the symptoms, but not cure it. It is actually a VERY common STD that goes undiagnosed because MDs don't really check for it. Actuallu 1 out of 5 people have it. 90% of the people don't even relaize that they have it. A few stats that may give you some encouragement to get checked.