Bleeding After Sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Bleeding After Sex

So yesterday I had lost my virginity to my boyfriend and it reallly freaking hurt and of course I bled. Apparently I also hurt him too kinda because I was really tight. And we stopped after a couple of minutes.
I bled for a couple an hours and it stopped
Today I had sex again thinking the worst was over but no. I bled even more and I still hurt and him.
I have an IUD put in a long time ago and I dont know if maybe that makes me bleed more or something.
Well the bleeding stop soon? Because it is really embarrassing and I dont want to gross him out if I bled every freaking time!! D:
Also its not my time of the month -_-.
It will stop soon.  The first handful of times will have blood, though.
It can be due to bleeding due to trauma during intercourse. The vagina and vulva are delicate, yet resilient structure made of skin, mucous membranes, muscle and so forth. The lining of the vagina is very similar to the tissue that lines the inside of your mouth. It's soft, squooshy, and it bleeds when it's cut or roughly rubbed.

Avoid masturbation and intercourse for some days and if the symptoms persist then get it evaluated from a gynecologist to get post coital bleeding ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Go to the doctor, get checked out and ask about the IUD. But if everything is normal you might just be too tight. If thats the case you should wait a while longer to have intercourse and maybe look into buying a set of dildos designed for stretching the vagina, they usually come with six of different sizes. You start off with the smallest and graduate to the larger ones. You don't want to rely on using fingers to stretch your vagina, fingernails and the shape of a hand can make that pretty uncomfortable. You and your boyfriend can use the dildos together till you're ready for another try.